Saligia

May 12, 2017
I'm gonna be honest with you, I once saw one of my buddies start the game "Furry Shades of Gay" on steam, and while I don't care about his homosexuality, I don't exactly want to broadcast my sexual preferences to a lot of my friends/family members? :D

I mean, I know there's ways to hide it, but I'll just buy it off of Itch or GoG or whatever to be safe.

I've gotta look some of these people in the eyes during family get together man.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
I'm gonna be honest with you, I once saw one of my buddies start the game "Furry Shades of Gay" on steam, and while I don't care about his homosexuality, I don't exactly want to broadcast my sexual preferences to a lot of my friends/family members? :D

I mean, I know there's ways to hide it, but I'll just buy it off of Itch or GoG or whatever to be safe.

I've gotta look some of these people in the eyes during family get together man.
Pretty sure as long as your account is Private and you set your status to "Invisible" no one can see what you're playing or what you own.
Although I do remember my brother busting my chops because I let him use the "Family Sharing" option with my account and he saw some questionable titles in my library that were included in a bundle I picked up forever ago (thankfully just shitty, low-effort VN's, not fetish stuff).

Reactions: Saligia and Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I don’t get it either, so no worries, but it’s already wishlisted now.
Perhaps are you going to put achievements also there?
Thanks! I will try to, I've never done much with achievements and gotta look into how they work, but apparently they're pretty popular. It doesn't look *too* hard, so it may be worth a bit of effort. IDK how to do the art though lol.

I don't know what you're talking about, Sex with Hitler is a masterpiece for the ages and I proudly display it for all to see.

And yeah no worries man, ultimately it's just whatever each person is comfortable with - I appreciate the help regardless. Itch is *probably* the best deal since it includes the Android version, Steam/GoG don't let me do that.

Pretty sure as long as your account is Private and you set your status to "Invisible" no one can see what you're playing or what you own.
Although I do remember my brother busting my chops because I let him use the "Family Sharing" option with my account and he saw some questionable titles in my library that were included in a bundle I picked up forever ago (thankfully just shitty, low-effort VN's, not fetish stuff).
You know, thinking about it now I don't have much NSFW on steam. Just... Wolf Tails, apparently, gifted by my ex many moons ago.

I don't mind people seeing me on it, I just usually use itch, dlsite, etc. instead for NSFW content.

But the NSFW stuff is finally taking off on Steam so maybe we'll see more in the coming years?

Is it okay if I just got it on Itch?
Absolutely! I'm happy as long as you're comfortable with it - that's the whole point of me putting it on various sites. I get a little more of the money from an Itch sale anyways, Steam is just an infinitely larger marketplace. Thank you for the support!

Reactions: zARRR

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Thanks! I will try to, I've never done much with achievements and gotta look into how they work, but apparently they're pretty popular. It doesn't look *too* hard, so it may be worth a bit of effort. IDK how to do the art though lol.
Yeah I am an achievement hoarder, they zap my gamer brain and when I see them I HAVE to complete all of them.
For images of achievements you can just put simple images or chibi stuff, even numbers or straight out real life birds like a famous (notorious) game.

If it’s too complicated no worries, I am still gonna buy it regardless.

• Haha
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Yeah I am an achievement hoarder, they zap my gamer brain and when I see them I HAVE to complete all of them.
For images of achievements you can just put simple images or chibi stuff, even numbers or straight out real life birds like a famous (notorious) game.

If it’s too complicated no worries, I am still gonna buy it regardless.
It doesn't look too difficult, I just gotta figure out how to handle achievement images. I imagine it's something I'll do in pieces, adding more as development continues.

Reactions: Mushybird and zARRR

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
One of my all time fav games 10/10 worst part of the game is waiting for the amazing new content
Thank you for the kind words! Depending on how this beta and week goes, the next update should be this weekend. So not too much longer to wait~

Reactions: Mushybird

ASERDDERERT

Jun 8, 2019
I'm confused a bit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S.
It is just weird that it is flagged at all, isn't it? Since it from the patreon...

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I'm confused a bit:

P.S.
It is just weird that it is flagged at all, isn't it? Since it from the patreon...
I'm gonna be real with you here chief, I know nothing about viruses or why that would get flagged. I just make the game in Renpy. The same file gets uploaded to Patreon and Itch, and public versions I upload here myself.

My best guess is overzealous antivirus, but maybe someone that actually understands that stuff can give a better explanation?

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
DDBanner.png

Divine Dawn 0.24 is out for supporters, and 0.23 is now free for everyone! This is my first time trying a staggered release, so please be patient if there are any issues.

If you already bought the game, you do not need to re-purchase it to access 0.24. I ain't about that shit, and Juno-Seto willing I'll never have to even consider it.

0.23c download here:

0.24 is currently paid-only, but will go free when 0.25 releases - depending on how things go, hopefully about a month. Changelog included below for reference.

Reactions: Mushybird

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Welp my post is now redundant shoulda known :KEK:
Naw it's actually cool you did that! I appreciate it, it's cool knowing people are interested. Release day is always busy and stressful as fuck so it can take me an hour or two to get it sorted, the base announcement written, and through even half the places I need to post.

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes