zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Ohhh, gotcha. I think the main rework was back in... .22 or so, when I redid the opening. Otherwise, just up to you if you want to try another build.

And yes, game is always updated on Steam ASAP, it's actually the easiest platform for me to update haha.
Good!
And forgot to tell that the trophies name and description are quite funny, but I always desire more trophies for my completionist brain.
Ah also on the OP, it is missing the steam page

Reactions: Cryswar

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
Been a hot minute since I commented here, but the release of .26 has roused me. I gotta say Cryswar, good shit. The fights leading up to the finale and the talks, followed by the final battle and the choices presented, along with their consequences, great on their own, even better in the context of them carrying forward. Mara is the best and worst kind of villian: a sympathetic one. Even if I don't agree with her actions, I can see exactly where she's coming from, why she does what she does, and why she thinks what she did was right. But, the road to hell, good intentions and all that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, seems Infernal Divider is bugged in .26b, trying to master it just gives me options like I were trying to master Seishe, despite Seishe already being mastered.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Are sex battles gonna continue being a mini game or will they be "relevant" for lack of a better term at some point?
I am just curious. Either way works for me.
I plan to make them more mechanically interesting at some point, but if I'm being 100% honest here, I went into this game wildly optimistic and have been trying to deal with that ever since. I can't promise it'll be soon, there's still so much story and character stuff I also need to do.

Good!
And forgot to tell that the trophies name and description are quite funny, but I always desire more trophies for my completionist brain.
Ah also on the OP, it is missing the steam page
I had fun with the trophy names, I'll try to keep up with those!

Thanks for mentioning the steam page thing, I added it to OP.

Been a hot minute since I commented here, but the release of .26 has roused me. I gotta say Cryswar, good shit. The fights leading up to the finale and the talks, followed by the final battle and the choices presented, along with their consequences, great on their own, even better in the context of them carrying forward. Mara is the best and worst kind of villian: a sympathetic one. Even if I don't agree with her actions, I can see exactly where she's coming from, why she does what she does, and why she thinks what she did was right. But, the road to hell, good intentions and all that.

Also, seems Infernal Divider is bugged in .26b, trying to master it just gives me options like I were trying to master Seishe, despite Seishe already being mastered.
That was definitely what I was aiming for, I'm glad it worked for you! Mara's solution is objectively wrong, even if it's just her making the best of a bad solution that doesn't make it right, but she's not *evil* per se.

Thanks for the report! I actually found the Inferno Divider issue the other day randomly while working on elemental greatsword skills, got it reported on Itch yesterday, and now it's reported again LOL. I truly do appreciate it, finding ability errors can be a pain and it's always helpful to report them.

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
I plan to make them more mechanically interesting at some point, but if I'm being 100% honest here, I went into this game wildly optimistic and have been trying to deal with that ever since. I can't promise it'll be soon, there's still so much story and character stuff I also need to do.
I hope they're optional and/or limited to party members. Really don't wanna cheat on Metatron lmao

• Red Heart
Reactions: llat-2 and Cryswar

NobleLeader65

Dec 28, 2018
I hope they're optional and/or limited to party members. Really don't wanna cheat on Metatron lmao
Same bro, I don't want to cheat on Metatron. I hope at the end we can choose one party member as wife.
If I remember right, Cryswar has stated that the game's endings will eventually take into account who you romance throughout your playthrough, including if you choose to romance multiple characters or just one. I could be misremembering or Cryswar could have changed their stance on it, so take what I say with a grain of salt

• Wow
Reactions: Cryswar and juanito

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Same bro, I don't want to cheat on Metatron. I hope at the end we can choose one party member as wife.
You're both based as fuck, and dropped your crowns.

I do kinda regret not thinking ahead on that, it feels a bit like I tried to have my cake (meaningful relationships) and eat it too (harem is allowed), without really finding a great way to mix the two. Not something I can magically fix in this game, but eh.

The current plan is that for endings, you'll have to make a choice. Either a more generic harem ending, where each girl you did romance gets a special bit. Or very focused, dedicated endings for a single girl or a very thematic small group, ex. Sarah and Metatron might have an optional shared ending if you did both their stuff and did their shared romance.

Will see how things go when we get there.

If I remember right, Cryswar has stated that the game's endings will eventually take into account who you romance throughout your playthrough, including if you choose to romance multiple characters or just one. I could be misremembering or Cryswar could have changed their stance on it, so take what I say with a grain of salt
That is correct. The current plan is that everyone gets a sorta Fire Emblem postlude, some info on what they do afterward and (if romanced) it recognizes that. I would love to do something as fancy as Desire Dungeon's endings, but can't promise that just yet lol.

Are these abilities not implemented in the game yet or is there a way to unlock the great Hammer?
Not implemented and shouldn't be visible. The Greathammer trainer will show up in the plains after Badon, will probably be similar to Rosalyn's harp training - talk to her, go through a training session, immediately know how to use the weapon perfectly.

Future95

Feb 5, 2018
It happened at the beginning of the game after the battle with the boars and when the MC party went to his home.

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
(0.26b) so. Miasma α.
against mobs, it's okay to decent, nothing particularly special; possibly slightly overcosted for an effect that is worth having.
but against bosses, anything that's supposed to be a long, hard slog to take down, it's absolutely broken. i've been using it all along since it was introduced, and always felt it was in need of nerfing, but this recent update shows exactly why it needs nerfing: it completely skips hp triggers in the Chernobog fight. i beat the boss using Miasma α and was surprised afterwards at dialog referencing Siofra, because she never showed up for me. reloading my save from before the fight and doing it again without Miasma i found that apparently there were three mid-battle events that were skipped because of Miasma taking 60%+ of Chernobog's hp in one turn. in particular, these were more hobs joining the fight against Svyatibor, Siofra showing up to help, and Mara/Eldrad joining the fight.
i feel that this needs to be addressed somehow, either via nerfing Miasma α or by finding a better method of triggering mid-battle dialogs.

unrelatedly, and someone might've already pointed this out, but neither Metatron nor Sarah are taking advantage of the new Aether spells, at least not in a way that's visible on their ability pages.

i don't normally leave comments, but since i'm leaving one anyway i figured i should also add some praise; i do really love this game. there are too many praiseworthy aspects to name, so i'll just mention my personal favorite: the magic training. seeing the philosophy of each element, the ways in which training them differs, and even how the trainer's personality affects the training, is really interesting. you started from a fairly common understanding of what, say, fire or darkness are like, and you built on that in an interesting and unique way. i'm really looking forward to Alicia's introduction, assuming i didn't miss her.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
(0.26b) so. Miasma α.
against mobs, it's okay to decent, nothing particularly special; possibly slightly overcosted for an effect that is worth having.
but against bosses, anything that's supposed to be a long, hard slog to take down, it's absolutely broken. i've been using it all along since it was introduced, and always felt it was in need of nerfing, but this recent update shows exactly why it needs nerfing: it completely skips hp triggers in the Chernobog fight. i beat the boss using Miasma α and was surprised afterwards at dialog referencing Siofra, because she never showed up for me. reloading my save from before the fight and doing it again without Miasma i found that apparently there were three mid-battle events that were skipped because of Miasma taking 60%+ of Chernobog's hp in one turn. in particular, these were more hobs joining the fight against Svyatibor, Siofra showing up to help, and Mara/Eldrad joining the fight.
i feel that this needs to be addressed somehow, either via nerfing Miasma α or by finding a better method of triggering mid-battle dialogs.

unrelatedly, and someone might've already pointed this out, but neither Metatron nor Sarah are taking advantage of the new Aether spells, at least not in a way that's visible on their ability pages.

i don't normally leave comments, but since i'm leaving one anyway i figured i should also add some praise; i do really love this game. there are too many praiseworthy aspects to name, so i'll just mention my personal favorite: the magic training. seeing the philosophy of each element, the ways in which training them differs, and even how the trainer's personality affects the training, is really interesting. you started from a fairly common understanding of what, say, fire or darkness are like, and you built on that in an interesting and unique way. i'm really looking forward to Alicia's introduction, assuming i didn't miss her.
I've had a *lot* of people complain about Miasma A lately, for similar reasons! I've been trying to think of a way to nerf it that keeps it viable, might try something like capping the damage at X% of your/the target's level? Giving bosses bonus resistance to poison? Swapping the scaling bit to another debuff? Open to ideas if you have any!

0.27 starts giving Sarah/Metatron the new spells, I wanted to take some time to think about what they should get and how before I locked them into anything. But u rite, they should have some of it.

Glad you're enjoying the game! Magic training seems to be a favorite for a lotta folks, which is kinda funny to me because I went into them assuming no one but me would want to actually read 3+ events for each lol. The first training was Metatron's, and it was basically just her first training, and people immediately got up in arms 'cuz they wanted more of it. I admit, it's really refreshing that people actually enjoy them, I LOVE writing them!

Alicia should be Soon(tm), and offer the final Earth training. Sarah will likely teach some advanced Nether qliphoth as well. I'm hoping this next update, but I gotta lot of plot/story to do so she may slip into 0.29 in December.

Reactions: Mushybird

crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
I've had a *lot* of people complain about Miasma A lately, for similar reasons! I've been trying to think of a way to nerf it that keeps it viable, might try something like capping the damage at X% of your/the target's level? Giving bosses bonus resistance to poison? Swapping the scaling bit to another debuff? Open to ideas if you have any!

0.27 starts giving Sarah/Metatron the new spells, I wanted to take some time to think about what they should get and how before I locked them into anything. But u rite, they should have some of it.

Glad you're enjoying the game! Magic training seems to be a favorite for a lotta folks, which is kinda funny to me because I went into them assuming no one but me would want to actually read 3+ events for each lol. The first training was Metatron's, and it was basically just her first training, and people immediately got up in arms 'cuz they wanted more of it. I admit, it's really refreshing that people actually enjoy them, I LOVE writing them!

Alicia should be Soon(tm), and offer the final Earth training. Sarah will likely teach some advanced Nether qliphoth as well. I'm hoping this next update, but I gotta lot of plot/story to do so she may slip into 0.29 in December.
Hello
how about for the bosses each time you reach the desired phase, the extra damage won't be added to the boss itself, thus making the boss fight (3 phases), like 3 different fight. you may balance out by deleting status effect a boss have (or at least the effect gets a 1/2 or 1/3 cut) for the next phase. Likewise if you have an autospell during a previous phase, you won't have to lose precious mana for nothing, at worst just lose the % to keep the spell.

Also since those could be considered multiple fights ,the boss in on phase might have more resistance to those status effect especially if you wish that the player has to act in a certain way during said phase storywise.

This might be a compromise to trigger mid-event fight scenes, slighlty nerf cheesing bosses but not making them harder either.
Although i would still agree than strong bosses, especially near end game, needs some protecion (not all) to %hp damage x turn attacks. This way against normal enemy you can still use the skill normally, but for bosses it would incentivise to use other tactics since those are supposed to be harder challenges.
Or perhpas normal enemy as well might have a very minor resistance to those status, the farther you are into the game, the more resistance they might have (although not as much as bosses), granted some enemy could not have those mechanism at all (especially annoying ones), while other may have an higher resistance than others depening on the type (example if you fight a poison based enemy, they might have an higher resistance than normal enemies on that area).

Last edited:

DoeJohn97

Mar 28, 2019
Gigachad and Chadette Modes, very based.

Bugs/Notes:
How does potency work? I don't think it does anything to my abilities/skills.
Evasion is a hidden stat? Different from Glancing Hit?
How does Accuracy stat from Eyes of Drakira work? Is it negating Evasion or Glancing Hit?
Do skills like Demoralize not have a 100% chance of inflicting the debuff, or is it because I was using it on the Deepwoods boss?
There's an error that occurs with Panacea in combat menu
  1. Click on any Multi Target spell
  2. Hover over Panacea, but do not click
  3. Try to click on "All Enemies"
Line spacing cramps for the abilities/traits that take two lines. Or decreasing the text size like "Flaming Greatsword"
Epione is Heal, but better.
Eileithyia is Heal, but better.
Eileithyia's description also is missing a space.
  • "The aspect of life at its purest; embodying both aspects of healing and restoration, Eileithyiaseeks to restore its target through the unrestrained application of Chesed."
I also looked at enemy files. Siphon Strike α's (the upgrade that steals 1 mana) feels pretty useless, since a lot of enemies don't rely on mana to fight and the ones that do have abilities that cost 0.5~1 and manaRegen at 2. The ones with 2 mana cost spells have 3 manaRegen. Right now, it's only useful at disrupting allies with poor mana management during spar, which only happens at low levels because it's useless after they grab the Winds of Magic/Arcane Efficiency trait.
  1. Az has the same issue.
  2. For the same reason, Metacorrosion is pointless. If Metacorrosion destroys 0.2 mana per hit (which it isn't), there's a six hit Binah spell that could remove 1.2 mana, but the extra 0.2 isn't worth much more.
  3. If enemies had mana restoration abilities because they should suffer the same mana management issues I have that'd be great :')
The system that tracks buffs needs to be reworked to track each (de)buff independently.
  1. Applying a 999-turn (de)buff and then a temporary one with higher percentages results in a 999-turn (de)buff with higher stats.
  2. It also means if the 999-turn (de)buff is removed, the all of the same (de)buff is removed.
  3. It also happens when you have two 999-turn (de)buffs that target the same stat and deactivate one of them.
Megatron Prime Divine (best girl 69/10) should have Geburah, Netzach, and Malkuth traits because she doesn't have access to those Aether spells.
Ashley doesn't have the Akem Manah trait or its abilities even though you learn it from her.
Ashley and Metatron don't gain new other traits.
It will be less confusing if you include the abbreviations to the stats page (STR, DEX, MAG, RES, etc).
Arcane Efficiency does not affect the upfront cost of channeling abilities, unless the minimum cost is supposed to be 0.5.
I'm not allowed to stack more than 4 (5 with harp) channels, rip dream of autocasting every channel spell I learn :''')
  1. It also locks me out of swapping between the 0-cost harp channels because at 4 channels, it requires 4.5 mana to click on anything new. Not autocasting avoids this issue on turn 1, but not turn 2.
  2. I was forced to drop it to 3 (4 with harp) channels because it drops my mana to 2/10 at the start of every fight.
    • Without the Reserves trait, 3 (4 with harp) channels sets your mana to 1/10.
Who's Alicia?

Last edited:

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
I can't update the android version. It says there are incompatible packages. Any idea what to do?

Also, where is the search function for the mobile version of F95?

Mar 18, 2020
I can't update the android version. It says there are incompatible packages. Any idea what to do?

Also, where is the search function for the mobile version of F95?
Delete the old version and clean install new one?
I think saves are located at android/data/com.cryswar.divinedawn

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
These...
I do much less art in comparison to what Cryswar is doing with this game but writing ttrpg adventures and other supplements, yeah...it's the eternal struggle I feel, the one I talk about with other creators. Any creation you make will never be as perfect as you envision it but you can make the vision real. And every time the creation will be a bit more perfect.
At least that's the hope and the goal.

1700820397932.png
1700820412945.png

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
These...
I do much less art in comparison to what Cryswar is doing with this game but writing ttrpg adventures and other supplements, yeah...it's the eternal struggle I feel, the one I talk about with other creators. Any creation you make will never be as perfect as I envision it but I can make the vision real. And every time the creation will be a bit more perfect.
At least that's the hope and the goal.

View attachment 3114338
View attachment 3114339
Yeah. It sucks to make something, and it's never as good as it was in your head, but you notice progress over time. Usually. lol.

This video of Ira Glass has been my existence, I keep running into it but all I can do is keep going and trying to improve. It's a good pep talk too.

RobBob17

Mar 18, 2018
So, I haven't played since 2021 and a lot of things have changed, decided to dive straight back into things and tried to make a custom character. Is it just a bug or am I supposed to not be able to attack if I try to go unarmed? There are clearly traits for being able to do attacks unarmed, there are references to martial arts too, but there aren't any skills I can find for it. All I can do are the stances and the Target instant. Am I missing something here?

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes