Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
So, I haven't played since 2021 and a lot of things have changed, decided to dive straight back into things and tried to make a custom character. Is it just a bug or am I supposed to not be able to attack if I try to go unarmed? There are clearly traits for being able to do attacks unarmed, there are references to martial arts too, but there aren't any skills I can find for it. All I can do are the stances and the Target instant. Am I missing something here?
There is no default attack - design choice rather than bug. Initially, I wasn't sure about adding starter martial arts at the start, so you can't start as a martial artist yet. There are a few you can unlock via party members (Maya's Grass Spider, Ashley's Akem Manah, upcoming Alicia), so unarmed picks up bit later.

With that said, I've swung pretty far in the direction of "there should be starter DEX and STR martial arts" so I'll add those in the next few updates. It does feel weird to have an "unarmed" weapon available early on that you can't do anything with.

Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
Reactions: RobBob17

RobBob17

Mar 18, 2018
There is no default attack - design choice rather than bug. That said, I wasn't sure about adding starter martial arts initially, so you can't start as a martial artist yet. There are a few you can unlock via party members (Maya's Grass Spider, Ashley's Akem Manah, upcoming Alicia), so unarmed picks up bit later.

With that said, I've swung pretty far in the direction of "there should be starter DEX and STR martial arts" so I'll add those in the next few updates. It does feel weird to have an "unarmed" weapon available early on that you can't do anything with.

Sorry for the confusion!
Oh, I definitely realized that no default attack option was a design choice after the first few attempts. Especially when I tried to set secondary weapons and those had attack skills just fine. But yeah, it's definitely best to have initial martial arts stuff. Kind of just a trap option otherwise that shouldn't be usable until you unlock it.

Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
really do love the combat of this game!!!
That's great to hear! I've put a disproportionate amount of time into trying to make the combat system better over time, especially compared to the initial offering. So I really appreciate your taking the time to say you enjoyed it!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Does goes the updates bro
Hopefully 1-2 days, about finished with the giant knight revisit, that scene alone is gonna be like an hour of reading LOL. Still gotta do one more beta. I will of course, post when it releases!

Reactions: Andhakara

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Divine Dawn 0.27 is now free for everyone! Compared to .26 and .28, this is more of a camp update, mostly focusing on romance-y stuff. The biggest news is probably that Aspasia is an actual character now, with 5 new scenes and an actual progression arc. Not much handholding romance yet, but hopefully her affection arc feels natural for her and showcases her slowly growing bond with the MC, with the inevitable end goal of an extremely possessive slime... MILF? GILF?

Anyways, changelog below;
  • Aspasia gets 4, 6, 8, and 10 affection scenes, as well as an 8 trust scene setting up future combat upgrades!
  • Sam gets a 10 trust scene that lets you somewhat customize her playstyle, helping her synergize with various builds. There's a much smaller, separate scene in the Training tab that lets you change it at any time while in camp.
  • Sarah gets a 12 affection scene that finally reveals one of her Aspects~
  • Maya gets an evening hangout/lap pillow scene, unfortunately not involving her lap. She also gets a new missionary sex scene with a CG!
  • Ashley got a 10-affection scene pushing her romance forward.
  • Damage/heal displays *should* be less prone to displaying 10+ digits, but the move to Renpy 8 caused some more backend issues than I had hoped so it's possible I missed some. Please let me know if you run into any!
  • Various other bug/typo fixes as mentioned above. Probably the most obviously notable one would be Maya's 10 trust scene having expressions now.
You can download from Mega or wait until opening post is updated! I will post about the upcoming 0.28 a little later, probably this evening, got a lot of IRL to deal with before it's truly done.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
is the horror like real horror stuff or what ?
Feel free to clarify if this doesn't answer your question, but the 'horror' tag is due to some of the themes in the second and... fifth areas, iirc. The setting can get kinda dark at times, though the story overall is pretty positive.

There's not 'horror' in the terms of like, Resident Evil jumpscares or a picture of a real woman being vivisected, if that's what you meant.

Reactions: bikmek

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
DivineDawn-0.27b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

bikmek

Mar 19, 2019
Feel free to clarify if this doesn't answer your question, but the 'horror' tag is due to some of the themes in the second and... fifth areas, iirc. The setting can get kinda dark at times, though the story overall is pretty positive.

There's not 'horror' in the terms of like, Resident Evil jumpscares or a picture of a real woman being vivisected, if that's what you meant.
oh, if it's horror in more like a situation then i'm more into it.
rather than horror jumpscare

undead_sun

Jan 24, 2021
Are there any plans to have more background art? It's a bit annoying to have this description of an area in, for instance further inside the temple where you find Metatron and you still see the background you saw when you first arrived there. At some point it even tells you that you don't see the stars anymore and they're still right there. I can understand if art (especially backgrounds) is not a priority for you (but I would still be disappointed, not that it matters).

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Wait, isn't the camp music the 'tutel' music??
Would you mind explaining? I'm not sure what you mean.

oh, if it's horror in more like a situation then i'm more into it.
rather than horror jumpscare
Yeah, sorry for the confusion!

That is enough to scare some :whistle:
Depends on her appearance...

Are there any plans to have more background art? It's a bit annoying to have this description of an area in, for instance further inside the temple where you find Metatron and you still see the background you saw when you first arrived there. At some point it even tells you that you don't see the stars anymore and they're still right there. I can understand if art (especially backgrounds) is not a priority for you (but I would still be disappointed, not that it matters).
Yes, I will be buying/commissioning more soon. I agree that it breaks immersion a bit, but I started the game on 0 budget and haven't had much of a budget in most of the interim, so characters were a bigger focus for a while there.

Esander

Aug 24, 2020
Let a few updates sit and picked this up again with v0.28. Went back through it from the start, since it feels like it's been a while. A few things I noticed so far:

Are the Dual Daggers Deathmark and Gale Alpha critical boosts supposed to stack? As is it seems the +15% of Gale Alpha gets overwritten. The stacking critical buff from spears does work with both, so if other sources don't stack, that should probably be explicit.

Does the conditional on the Aether spell Epione work? I've tried it with between 11-30% HP (above 30% after the heal) and 1-10% HP (below or equal 30% after heal) and in neither case have I gotten the 300% version. I did

The Inception trait doesn't seem to work with the Aether spell Aesco's Embrace. I'm not sure whether the fact it's both an active and a passive heal means that it doesn't qualify for Inception.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Gotta say, this game has some excellent writing.
The vivid and detailed descriptions really pulled me in, though they also brought into focus my lack of ability to focus for very long, leaving me to take a double take now and then.
It reminded me of a good book.
The RPG system also looked surprisingly deep at a first glance, though I was a bit disappointed to find out attaking a premade class might leave you with less equipment than just custom-creating the same.
I'm looking forward to more! Which is easy for me, as I probably have 80% of the current game still ahead of me. :D

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Open youtube, then search 'tutel'. Same music, that's why I asked.
Oh, yeah. His pinned comment gives the source, a song called 2:23am. It's CC-BY 4.0 (aka, free to use, including for commercial projects), by dova syndrome. A lot of the music in this game is from Japanese sources like that, I give credit where appropriate and commission my own music if I can't find anything fitting enough.

Let a few updates sit and picked this up again with v0.28. Went back through it from the start, since it feels like it's been a while. A few things I noticed so far:

Are the Dual Daggers Deathmark and Gale Alpha critical boosts supposed to stack? As is it seems the +15% of Gale Alpha gets overwritten. The stacking critical buff from spears does work with both, so if other sources don't stack, that should probably be explicit.

Does the conditional on the Aether spell Epione work? I've tried it with between 11-30% HP (above 30% after the heal) and 1-10% HP (below or equal 30% after heal) and in neither case have I gotten the 300% version. I did

The Inception trait doesn't seem to work with the Aether spell Aesco's Embrace. I'm not sure whether the fact it's both an active and a passive heal means that it doesn't qualify for Inception.
Thanks for the reports, I'll look into them all. On the crit buff, if something stacks, it'll say so. Neither Gale A nor Deathmark do, the spear crit buff does. You can cast Gale/Deathmark and then use the spear stacking crit buff freely. For Aceso's Embrace, the active heal should work with it, the heal over time is a status effect so it won't. If it's not working with the active, definitely a bug, if it's not working with the HoT, not a bug.

Gotta say, this game has some excellent writing.
The vivid and detailed descriptions really pulled me in, though they also brought into focus my lack of ability to focus for very long, leaving me to take a double take now and then.
It reminded me of a good book.
The RPG system also looked surprisingly deep at a first glance, though I was a bit disappointed to find out attaking a premade class might leave you with less equipment than just custom-creating the same.
I'm looking forward to more! Which is easy for me, as I probably have 80% of the current game still ahead of me. :D
Glad you're enjoying it so far! I think the temple can get a little too verbose at times, would really benefit from some (non-lewd) CGs to show rather than tell. I like to think I've improved since then though!

You can access any equipment at any time once you reach the camp (~1-2h into the game?), so you'll never get permanently screwed by picking premade vs custom. Most premades start with just 1 weapon and 1-2 stats to keep them simple, they're there for new people since getting full customization right off the bat can get overwhelming for people who aren't super familiar with RPGs in general or this one specifically.

The overall game time will depend heavily on your reading speed, how much you grind/replay, etc. I'd say that if you're doing only 1 run, romancing everyone, reading about average speed (200-250 words per minute), grind some but not a lot, don't skip text, and don't cheat, it's around 25-30 hours right now.

I wouldn't even mind a.i. backgrounds but I am sure you'd lose some support from others by doing that so I'm just saying.
I will commission them or buy from DLsite as appropriate, relying on AI art runs the chance of getting me into legal trouble if Steam/Patreon/whatever suddenly decide they don't like it. Thanks to the people who have supported me, I'm getting into a position where I can actually afford it. Appreciate the suggestion though! It will be interesting to see how all the AI stuff works out in the long run.

Reactions: undead_sun
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes