Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

Aladyn92

Oct 27, 2017
Works now! Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 1045765

Having an issue with her hair though. The ponytail is broken in 2 places. You run into that?
I'm glad it works.

Yes, you can find a solution on this post from User_819112 (a little bit tricky for a beginner but not very difficult at last):

https://f95zone.to/threads/dmd-dating-my-daughter-art-assets-thread.4306/page-11

I remember that I had to change the values he gave. They didn't work in my case.

For a better material's result, use the Lilja materials (but you need this character)

Everything is explained from Rich at the beginning of his post (very useful):

https://f95zone.to/threads/dmd-dating-my-daughter-art-assets-thread.4306/page-2

Have fun !

Reactions: fappyfap

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I posted this in the Fan Art thread since that gets more views than this thread, posting it here as well for those looking to deal with the 'kink' in 'D's ponytail...

---

Not calling anyone out here, and I'm guilty of not fixing the kink a number of times in post a few times myself, but I want to talk about the 'kink' in D's ponytail.

D is quite short, which messes with the ponytail shape, causing an overlap around the neck, and near the bottom.

There are a few suggestions out here r.e. how to minimize this, I've tried most (maybe all?) of them, and it never quite goes away...

HOWEVER, there is a REALLY EASY WAY to get around this.

After you've loaded your 'D' figure into the scene:

1) Load a second instance/model of Rochelle Ponytail Hair into the scene. Do NOT select any figures before you do this, just load it 'by itself'.

2) Copy the hair textures over from the hair that's on 'D' over to the second ponytail, so that they match.

3) Select 'D's head, so that the 'figure tree' opens up in your Scene tab.

4) Drag the second instance of Rochelle Ponytail Hair onto the Head node of 'D'. Do NOT use 'Fit To', just parent it to the head.

5) Under the Surfaces tab for the hair you just dragged onto 'D's head, Dial the Cutout Opacity of everything except for Back, BackUnder, and HairBand to 0, thus 'hiding' everything except for the ponytail and the hair band.

6) Now, select the 'first instance' of Rochelle Ponytail Hair (that was on her head already) and dial down the Cutout Opacity of Back and BackUnder to 0.

7) The 'second' ponytail that is still visible is probably floating a ways above the head of 'D'. Select it (the one now parented to the head node) Adjust the Y Translate parameter to 0, then nudge it upwards, and nudge the Z Translate a bit until the two hair bands overlap each other perfectly.

8) Since you currently have the second instance selected, adjust the length of the ponytail to taste. It'll be 'full length' for a 5'10" character, and 'D' is a bit shorter than that...

That's it! Save this new 'D' with the new and improved ponytail so that you can easily load her later.

No kink, no need for post work to hide the kink!

Note that you'll need to make sure to select the second ponytail's Tail node to adjust the tail swing, etc. Selecting the 'first' Rochelle tail will just swing the 'invisible' ponytail, which won't help...

BTW, the reason I decided against 'just' going with parenting the hair to the head with one instance was because of the 'scalp fit issues' when you do this. 'Fit to' introduces the kinks, and just parenting means that you need to adjust the x/y/z scaling of the Ponytal Hair head node and attempt to get it to fit 'snugly' against the scalp. Since the first instance already has a nice snug scalp fit, with no gaps, IMHO you are better off 'fitting to' the scalp section, and then 'parenting' the tail section. It's cleaner and easier in the long run...

You're welcome!
;)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, today I decided to try dialing in Jennifer from scratch.

Jennifer definitely has the Default Genesis 3 Female skin textures, and is sporting Cathy Hair.

I dialed in the Youth morph at 35%, as that dropped her to about a 5'1" height, or D's reported height.

So I began dialing each head morph in my current character morph collection in and out one by one. When I hit Victoria 7, everything seemed to fall pretty much into place.
Then, when I looked at one of the 'in game' images, yeah I could definitely see Victoria 7 in Jennifer's face.

Here's what I mean...

I have Victoria 7's head dialed in at 75% at the right, ingame image at the left. Could use a few more tweaks, but she's mostly there now!

Proceeding to the body, dialing in Victoria 7 at 100% along with a 35% Youth morph looked like close to a 100% match, particularly in the abs and glute areas. The breasts could use some minor tweaking, but yeah... Also, maybe dialing in the Youth morph a little lower (say 30%) might help with the breast situation too.

Anyways, my point is that Caitlin/Cailin is NOT your gal!@ IMHO, Jennifer is a slightly tweaked and youthened Victoria 7 with default Genesis 3 skin textures!

Makes me wonder why I didn't spot it earlier, but looking at it now, it's pretty obvious IMHO!

Happy morphing!
;)

Last edited:

Aladyn92

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in the Fan Art thread since that gets more views than this thread, posting it here as well for those looking to deal with the 'kink' in 'D's ponytail...

---

Not calling anyone out here, and I'm guilty of not fixing the kink a number of times in post a few times myself, but I want to talk about the 'kink' in D's ponytail.

D is quite short, which messes with the ponytail shape, causing an overlap around the neck, and near the bottom.

There are a few suggestions out here r.e. how to minimize this, I've tried most (maybe all?) of them, and it never quite goes away...

HOWEVER, there is a REALLY EASY WAY to get around this.

After you've loaded your 'D' figure into the scene:

1) Load a second instance/model of Rochelle Ponytail Hair into the scene. Do NOT select any figures before you do this, just load it 'by itself'.

2) Copy the hair textures over from the hair that's on 'D' over to the second ponytail, so that they match.

3) Select 'D's head, so that the 'figure tree' opens up in your Scene tab.

4) Drag the second instance of Rochelle Ponytail Hair onto the Head node of 'D'. Do NOT use 'Fit To', just parent it to the head.

5) Under the Surfaces tab for the hair you just dragged onto 'D's head, Dial the Cutout Opacity of everything except for Back, BackUnder, and HairBand to 0, thus 'hiding' everything except for the ponytail and the hair band.

6) Now, select the 'first instance' of Rochelle Ponytail Hair (that was on her head already) and dial down the Cutout Opacity of Back and BackUnder to 0.

7) The 'second' ponytail that is still visible is probably floating a ways above the head of 'D'. Select it (the one now parented to the head node) Adjust the Y Translate parameter to 0, then nudge it upwards, and nudge the Z Translate a bit until the two hair bands overlap each other perfectly.

8) Since you currently have the second instance selected, adjust the length of the ponytail to taste. It'll be 'full length' for a 5'10" character, and 'D' is a bit shorter than that...

That's it! Save this new 'D' with the new and improved ponytail so that you can easily load her later.

No kink, no need for post work to hide the kink!

Note that you'll need to make sure to select the second ponytail's Tail node to adjust the tail swing, etc. Selecting the 'first' Rochelle tail will just swing the 'invisible' ponytail, which won't help...

BTW, the reason I decided against 'just' going with parenting the hair to the head with one instance was because of the 'scalp fit issues' when you do this. 'Fit to' introduces the kinks, and just parenting means that you need to adjust the x/y/z scaling of the Ponytal Hair head node and attempt to get it to fit 'snugly' against the scalp. Since the first instance already has a nice snug scalp fit, with no gaps, IMHO you are better off 'fitting to' the scalp section, and then 'parenting' the tail section. It's cleaner and easier in the long run...

You're welcome!
;)
I tested your handling. Very useful, thanks! Rendering, I noticed that there was an unsightly shadow on the back of our favorite character (maybe I made a mistake?). Strangely enough, it was remnants of the opacified ponytail. So I resumed your manipulation by shortening the ponytail as much as possible and then opacifying it and the problem disappeared.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The shirt Rachel is wearing on Day 14 is from here:

Which is unavailable, so try here maybe...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Matari

Jan 30, 2018
Hey am pretty new to the site and the game but absolutely adore Dee.
Given all the work that went into getting her just right I downloaded all the Duf files everyone provided and decided to give Dee an upgrade.
Dee.png
Iray ubre shader with PBR Eyes from natural eyes 2

I have converted only her head shape from G3F over to G8/8.1
I completely redid the body based off the Duf files as reference.

I wanted to see if there is still interest in her mainly for G8/8.1
I will provide shaping preset and texture presets for Iray Ubre and a PBR skin preset
Let me know what ya think either here or by PM and will upload if enough people want it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey am pretty new to the site and the game but absolutely adore Dee.
Given all the work that went into getting her just right I downloaded all the Duf files everyone provided and decided to give Dee an upgrade.
View attachment 1198259
Iray ubre shader with PBR Eyes from natural eyes 2

I have converted only her head shape from G3F over to G8/8.1
I completely redid the body based off the Duf files as reference.

I wanted to see if there is still interest in her mainly for G8/8.1
I will provide shaping preset and texture presets for Iray Ubre and a PBR skin preset
Let me know what ya think either here or by PM and will upload if enough people want it.
Your version of 'D' has a '40s bombshell vibe. Nice work!

A few people have been asking for a G8F version of 'D', so if you are so inclined, feel free to share her .duf file!

I prefer G3F for various reasons (mainly better wardrobe/shoes compatability with previous generations), but others would certainly appreciate the share!

Last edited:

Matari

Jan 30, 2018
OhWee Thanks the '40s vibe was not really intended and didn't really pick up on it till you said as much lol

I am working on a scene file that I can post here for the G8F. Down side is that I need to find a way to replicate my custom morph to base head and body dials for G8F.

I also wanted to mention that anyone that has Josie 8 can pick up a package . If you already own both then you can just use the same dials from G3F .duf files provided here, on G8F and replicate the head really quickly.

As for the Hair you can use it on G8F but you won't be able to move the bangs or the tail unless you use the parent to head method. The other option if your not to worried about the bangs movement is to use OhWee's method posted above, so you would at the very least be able to move the tail and still have the snug fit. Then there is option 3 with the G3F>G8F Hair converter, in which case OhWee's method is still the best option for the tail kink that Growing up applies to long hair.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Matari

There's a way to combine all of the morphs into a single morph. If you want the guide to do this...

It is important when combining into a single morph to follow the instructions exactly, particularly the part about reducing mesh resolution to base.

After you've done this, you'll need to track down the .obj that is created along with the morph files. See my combined version of Dee for G3F to see which folders you'll be looking for (yours may be a bit different, but it should put you on the right track).

The downside is that others won't be able to 'dial out' any morphs you used, at least not easily. You could also dial out everything else out except for your 'custom morph' and package that if that's a way you might want to go.

I'm a fan of just combining into a single morph, as others wil then NOT need to track down all of the morph packages you may have used to dial in the character.

Matari

Jan 30, 2018
OhWee

Yeah I was thinking about doing that in the first place and just bake it all into 1 dial or 2 for separate head and body.

I have picked Sickle's brain a few times when I first started out making my own dials for some of the issues I was running into.

I originally started this little project by using Obj files and morph loader pro to convert the character bodies over to G8F. They look good but they don't play nice with the G8F mesh. Bending causes alot of mesh overlap in the pelvis/lower stomach area.

Matari

Jan 30, 2018
Well everyone that wanted Dee for G8F, wish granted ;)

Dee 2.jpg
The zip file below contains a data file for a single dial morph for Dee.
Located in Parameters tab Genesis 8>actor>people>real world> DMD Dee G8F
Or just use search bar and search Dee to make it simple.

I also included a Scene .duf file with the morph, textures and hair applied.
Requirements are
Growing up
Rochelle Ponytail Hair
FR Lilja Character for textures
and my dial in the zip file

I used OhWee's Hair method posted above in the scene file.

1 extra step to add to that method is any hair that is hidden by dialing down "cutout opacity" also dial down "Refraction Index" to zero. If you don't the hair that is hidden will leave a shine reflection and because of the tail on the Fit to hair, if this clips through anything in the scene it can cause unwanted color artifacts on G8F or other objects it comes in contact with.

I don't think there should be any errors with an exception to the Hair. I had AW Tiffany installed for G3F before moving to G8F so it might give error for a fit morph for that. Let me know of any other errors and I will see if I can weed them out.

Coming soon: Fixing the eyes, skin presets (or you can make your own from my scene file) and a PBR Skin preset. It will require some extra textures which I will name when I post the presets.

Happy rendering

Last edited:

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Let me know of any other errors and I will see if I can weed them out.
First, a sincere thank you for doing a D G8F duf file. You made my day. (y)

Second, I'm not sure if any of the things I'm going to mention are "errors", or just me having another "Elder Moment" with Daz Studio. But here are some of the "Huh?" things I'm seeing using the .duf file. (Note: I have all 4 of the assets required installed along with the new Data folder copied into my library). If anyone else can verify they see these things too, please verify them.

1. I'm getting the following "missing" list when loading the duf file. Not sure if it is anything relating to the " I had AW Tiffany installed for G3F before moving to G8F so it might give error for a fit morph for that" in the instructions, or if it may be relating to any of the "Coming Soon" references (some of the missing files appear to be eye-related "fixes"?). Anyhow, here's what it says I'm missing:

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/marcius/leia/leiaeyefixleft.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/marcius/leia/leiaeyefixright.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/renderfem/analeine 1.5/phmeyelashescurl.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/renderfem/analeine 1.5/phmeyelasheslengthlower.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/renderfem/analeine 1.5/phmeyelasheslengthupper.dsf
data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/morphs/rfem/ana b9/analeine.dsf

2. The Rochelle Ponytail Hair skullcap seems to be just a tad small in the forehead area after loading the duf file. I have to increase the Forehead Depth to at least 1.0% (default setting is 0.0%) to fit it. You can see where it is small on the forehead in the Aux Viewport using the "Smooth Shaded" preview. Note this isn't uncommon for many hair(s) and models using Daz, and needed increases from the 0.0% default setting aren't unusual. But the increase can be saved in the duf file too.

3. Genital Addons - New Genitals for Victoria 8 works fine. But I can't get Golden Palace V2 for G8F to create genital area textures that match the D body textures. The duf file lists Dee as a "Genesis 8 Female" in the Scene Tab (makes sense). The Genesis 8 Female\Anatomy\Golden Palace V2 Step 1 "Genitalia_V2" loads fine, the Step 2 "Shell_V2" loads fine, and the Step 3 "Materials Copy" SAYS it worked fine, but the genital area textures don't match the Dee body textures when finished. I've tried everything I can think of to "fix" that, but can't. Can someone verify this happens to them also? Dee without good genitals is like a day without Oreo cookies. :)

The following are probably just "nice to know" observations, but may avoid total confusion to newbie Daz users if they use the duf file:

4. The duf file changes the settings in the Render Tab to the following:

4a. Max Time (secs) = 259200 :eek: :ROFLMAO: Uhh....that's 4320 MINUTES, or 72 HOURS. I love Dee, but if I ever have to render her for 72 hours to get a good render, I'll kill myself first. ;)

4b. Render Quality = Increased to 2.00 from the default 1.00. 1.00 should work fine for most users.

4c. Rendering Converged Ratio = Changed to 88.0% from the default 95.0%. I'm not sure why. Maybe 4b and 4C were just the settings you used when creating the duf file?

NONE OF THE ABOVE ARE COMPLAINTS. Just observations for the quoted request.

Thanks again for the D G8F duf file. (y)

Last edited:

Matari

Jan 30, 2018
Falcon6 Thanks for the feed back

For the missing .Dsf I think its because I used different eyelash dials instead of the ones that come with G8F so no worries there. I will remove the lashes dials I used and upload and new .Duf once I get the texture presets finished. They don't have anything to do with the Eye fix I mentioned, that was in regards to the material settings for the eyes.

As for your Golden palace issue I think I know what your talking about I was getting the same thing happen with life like nipple textures. Everything loads fine but the texture looks brighter then the rest of the body.

Go to your surfaces tab and select the torso on G8F right click and copy the material. Then select Golden Palace gens and go to the surfaces tab and select Golden palace gens in there so that it and everything below is highlighted. Right click and paste, texture issue fixed.

I have no idea why it does this but looking over the material settings everything was exactly matched.

As for the render settings the time is maxed because I want the render quality and the 88% converge to determine the render finished state. As for why 88% I render out at double the image size and reduce by half in PS to blend out the noise that may be left when it reaches 88% converge. Doing it this way for me decreases render times and still produces great quality after the reduction in Photoshop. Actually you could probably go a lot lower then 88% and still achieve this.

Secondary option using the same quality and converge to determine render finished state, is to activate the Post Denoiser under the filtering in the render settings. Doing it this way I don't have to worry about the noise and rendering out double the size. The down side is that for me the Post Denoiser seems to be picky as to when it wants to kick in or not. Might be CPU vs GPU rendering possibly.

Matari

Jan 30, 2018
Example.jpg
Left 1000x1000 Size
374 Iterations
50% Converge
Post Denoiser On
6 min Render time

Right 2000x2000 Photoshop reduced to 1000x1000 size
288 Iterations
50% Converge
16min Render time