VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.3.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think for me, one of the great things is the replayability. I never would have guessed the scene I would get when played the Eva route today - the scene in the changeroom was really sweet. Sub Eva is really adorable, and you don't really get the full extent of it on the Mom/Eva route.

Might have to write another walkthrough.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I think for me, one of the great things is the replayability. I never would have guessed the scene I would get when played the Eva route today - the scene in the changeroom was really sweet. Sub Eva is really adorable, and you don't really get the full extent of it on the Mom/Eva route.

Walkthrough? This game needs a full blown guide! A big fat "DDoS companion"! :) Like a DnD rule book or Windows manual. :LOL:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

Not only replayability. But seemingly all paths and variations somehow makes sense and enhances the game experience. All choices matter. And yet the choices don't lead to boring paths that just miss content or game overs.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Walkthrough? This game needs a full blown guide! A big fat "DDoS companion"! :) Like a DnD rule book or Windows manual. :LOL:
Seeing the complexity of Zoey's old walkthrough, I don't think such a walkthrough is feasible. On the other hand a guide would probably discourage playing through variations. Seeing the impenetrability of the GGGB guide (no I haven't played that game much yet), I'm not sure how to do one that makes justice of the game.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Seeing the complexity of Zoey's old walkthrough, I don't think such a walkthrough is feasible. On the other hand a guide would probably discourage playing through variations. Seeing the impenetrability of the GGGB guide (no I haven't played that game much yet), I'm not sure how to do one that makes justice of the game.
The thing I'm learning about the game is that really it's only as complex as you want it to be - there are a bunch of basically binary decisions: Des or Eva. Dom or Sub. Party or Stay at Home. Accept Ms. Harper's blackmail or Not. Stay Home or Move Out.

If I was to write a guide, it would mainly be to help a new player make those decisions. Because if you want more complexity, you're probably the sort that is going to try all the permutations and combinations anyway, so I guide would pretty much be moot.

And in an ideal world the guide would encourage players, once they got a handle of the possible choices, to experiment with the complexity.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
The thing I'm learning about the game is that really it's only as complex as you want it to be - there are a bunch of basically binary decisions: Des or Eva. Dom or Sub. Party or Stay at Home. Accept Ms. Harper's blackmail or Not. Stay Home or Move Out.
Then there is dom/casual/romance choices. And there are multiple routes for each character etc. And side characters such as Rebecca and Kathherine. Plus there is a lot of variables yet to come into play such as the help from Tara and similar.

But still, I find Zoey's walkthrough to still be a good foundation to understand the påtions you can get.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021

If I was to write a guide, it would mainly be to help a new player make those decisions. Because if you want more complexity, you're probably the sort that is going to try all the permutations and combinations anyway, so I guide would pretty much be moot.

And in an ideal world the guide would encourage players, once they got a handle of the possible choices, to experiment with the complexity.
I think a basic guide which would direct you to path a to z would be enough. ;)

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Then there is dom/casual/romance choices. And there are multiple routes for each character etc. And side characters such as Rebecca and Kathherine. Plus there is a lot of variables yet to come into play such as the help from Tara and similar.

But still, I find Zoey's walkthrough to still be a good foundation to understand the påtions you can get.
At the beginning of the game there is the question of Vivian's romance, work or live it up.
We already know what the "work" option does, but what about the other options but with update WT(0.50) it would be much more easier to update my own guide because I could see what the question options do, lie points, Des points etc etc.

Well at least it will probably hopefully show Eva, Des and Harper routes and what missing is the mom's romance route.

And when story goes from Saturday(party day) to Sunday is a pain in the ass but on the other hand, is Saturday a big decision that the rest of the game we go that route what we chose on or before Saturday(?) or there are no more big decisions in the story//or that many whats before.

Actually there are many things I haven't checked in the new update. The heartbreak route with Des and Des being raped in the toilet(Sub) and how that affects the story for Des..... But do I even want to :cry:

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
At the beginning of the game there is the question of Vivian's romance, work or live it up.
We already know what the "work" option does, but what about the other options but with update WT(0.50) it would be much more easier to update my own guide because I could see what the question options do, lie points, Des points etc etc.

Well at least it will probably hopefully show Eva, Des and Harper routes and what missing is the mom's romance route.

And when story goes from Saturday(party day) to Sunday is a pain in the ass but on the other hand, is Saturday a big decision that the rest of the game we go that route what we chose on or before Saturday(?) or there are no more big decisions in the story//or that many whats before.

Actually there are many things I haven't checked in the new update. The heartbreak route with Des and Des being raped in the toilet(Sub) and how that affects the story for Des..... But do I even want to :cry:
If you want to write a comprehensive guide you should check out all options. If not, you don't have to try out everything. Therein lies the beauty of the game, you can play it the way you want. ;)
Des is darling. :) The only way I want to "break" her heart is by cuddling her to death. :love:

neennah

Feb 2, 2020

I'd like to see it. I also think there's a difference between a guide, which sets out broad strategies and very broad paths vs a walkthrough, which as others have said would be a nightmare.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I'd like to see it. I also think there's a difference between a guide, which sets out broad strategies and very broad paths vs a walkthrough, which as others have said would be a nightmare.
There is a billboard sized flow chart on the opening page. :LOL: Don't know if it's up to date.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
The next time they go shopping, Viv could buy Des a choker or necklace with Vivian's name. :) That would be romantic. :giggle:
Viv could get a heart tattooed on her chest with the word "mom" or "mother". ;) That should do the trick, right? :) If not then mom's name on Viv's pussy ought to do it. :D Mom would be in for a surprise the next time they have sex. :ROFLMAO:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
The next time they go shopping, Viv could buy Des a choker or necklace with Vivian's name. :) That would be romantic. :giggle:
Viv could get a heart tattooed on her chest with the word "mom" or "mother". ;) That should do the trick, right? :) If not then mom's name on Viv's pussy ought to do it. :D Mom would be in for a surprise the next time they have sex. :ROFLMAO:
On dom path, get mom a tattoo on her pussy that says "Property of Vivian Boone". :cool:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
If I remember correct, BWG said once that the game would come with a tattoo or a piercing(?)
But anyway, remember that if they are visible, you should always render twice if it's an alternative.

Think about it if Vivian's short hair had been optional(Tara's saloon) BWG would have had to do double renders where Vivian is included.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
If I remember correct, BWG said once that the game would come with a tattoo or a piercing(?)
But anyway, remember that if they are visible, you should always render twice if it's an alternative.

Think about it if Vivian's short hair had been optional(Tara's saloon) BWG would have had to do double renders where Vivian is included.
You are correct. And while I do still have plans for that it won't be any time soon for that very reason.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
On dom path, get mom a tattoo on her pussy that says "Property of Vivian Boone". :cool:
That's what I thought Des might like tattooed. ;) Or just Viv's name. :)
For mom and Viv they could get complimentary tattoos. Viv "Made by mom."and mom "Welcome home Vivian." :giggle:
But more subtle than "property of." would be a heart shaped womb tattoo on mom's lower stomach with Viv's name. ;)
Which can have multiple meanings, both romantic and sexual. :giggle:

Reactions: bacienvu88

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Am I remembering wrong but wasn't there a similar tattoo on the GGGB?
On Sugar Daddy route.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes