Unity Dominatrix Simulator: Threshold [v2.10.0] [Deviant Tech]

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi Sunshaded

I appreciate your post, thank you very much!

So yeah, not being into BDSM will kill this game for you.
That's why I didn't write anything about the sexual content of the game. It may be appealing to some (a lot?), to others (me included) not so much. I think I'm still able to judge the quality of a game based on its models/animations/overall visual experience. I.e. I did play Estate Dominate which - to be honest - made me quite uncomfortable most of the time, but on the other hand its style, images and animations are so great that I really fell in love with this game and I became a Patreon supporter!

Back to this game: although these are indie developers with only a few patrons, I think they could have done a lot better considering the long time they are working on this title. I still wish all the best to the game, and maybe I'll have to revisit my Review in the future because the devs manage to impress me. We'll see!

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Sure thing! (Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I'm surprised you appreciated it, since it was just a casual response.)

As for Estate Dominate, that's a great example you just picked, because I can directly explain why DS doesn't match up to it. Indeed, ED has beautiful models, made in Daz. But the company behind Daz doesn't allow any realtime 3D games to use their assets, unless you pay for a so-called interactive license, which is opt-in per asset. And of course, ED doesn't have any animations, just poses, so the creator would have to spend development time and resources to find ones and settle on them. In the first place, models, assets, and lighting as detailed as what's used in ED can't keep up with the VR framerate (where the scene is rendered differently for each of the player's eyes, 60+ times per second). So yeah, 2D games and VR games simply aren't on a level playing field, even when the 2D games use 3D renders, or even if they use pre-recorded 3D animations like Girl Beats Hero.

I'm also looking forward to the day that all the fundamentals of Dominatrix Simulator have been constructed in a satisfying way and pieced together into a gameplay loop. In the meantime, there's still no other game like this yet, which lets the player actually physically move in a way that demonstrates submission; the player's behavior doesn't affect the domme in FemDomination and VR Futanari Sexaroid Momiji.

I'll just emphasize it one more time for you and anyone else who's not into D/s: what's unique about D/s is that you don't even need physical contact to do it, you just need to be in each other's presence and communicate through your behavior, which is why even without full dive VR, today's limited VR tech has the potential to deliver an exciting femdom simulation game. Of course, it's dependent on what kind of femdom you like and how well you can immerse yourself.

Reactions: theMickey_

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'm well aware of all the difficulties that come with VR and real-time renders, and (as of today) I would never compare a DAZ-based 2D game to a VR game and expect the same type of models and/or quality. I picked ED in my previous post to make my point that I think I can fall in love with this kind of game although the sub/dom stuff isn't much to my liking.

Speaking of VR and DAZ models: take Virt-a-Mate for example. This one is basically a one-man-show with Meshed developing all the crazy stuff, and its models are based on DAZ' Genesis 2 figures (and will be based on Gen3/Gen8 for VaM 2.0). And there's a lot of custom made stuff (clothes/looks/morphs) which are free to share (there's a lot of DAZ stuff which - of course - isn't to be shared at all). While VaM isn't a game at all, it's more like a VR sandbox for creating your own scenes - what I'm trying to say is: if Dominatrix Simulator would have been more like this ("realistic" looking models with custom created clothing/assets), but without the softbody and physics stuff VaM is using (which needs a lot of CPU performance), than this game could be looking great and run at a decent performance level at the same time I guess, and it would deserve a five star rating from me, no doubt, and no matter if get aroused by its content or not.

Reactions: Sunshaded
D

Deleted member 1954024

(Playing on non-vr) I was disappointed from the previous build i personally found the maid's girl face with the white/pink clothes very off putting. This new version instead was very interesting introducing the second path with the ''bad girl'' and off course the goddess is hot as hell. Surprisingly the voice acting is pretty decent for such early versions of the game. Also i liked not needing to open up the book every time i had to reply and that the ''shake the head'' mechanic was introduced.

I really hope we get lot's of footjobs as rewards and also urethra stuff would be very intersting. The cherry on top for me would be a third option at character selection with a hot futa girl to pick. Offcourse a futa mistress would count as the same. I can't wait to see how well this game develops, and i will definetely consider supporting it if the next updates are worth it.

EDIT: I just saw that the first version came up on jan 2019, i find the content rather lacking judging that it has been 1 year and 4 months since this first came out. A game might look promising but if the developing time is soo slow it definitely creates seconds thoughts for thoose that want to support it on patreon

Reactions: Oxiton and Seriosha

Hotmexpapiluv69

Apr 9, 2020
Question issue with this game, downloaded and try to run it in VR but only runs windowed and I cannot find a way to display it properly on my Oculus Rift S, Im finding similar issues with other games
Its not an issue with my VR since I can play other games I have bought/downloaded

Hotmexpapiluv69

Apr 9, 2020
Lol Im a Dom but this game is good, but Im stuck when she wants you to "stand to be check" no matter what I have done cant pass that, any help?

ermousa

Dec 17, 2018
I like the old model of the goddess and the room more.. also they omitted the patreon only scene with nega-yuki.... they didn't add any updates, just make the game visually high settings and make the game crashed.. loading time is so slower than tomb raider game loading times..

lazzer010

May 1, 2019
The notes for the update are locked behind the patreon paywall. If you want people to get excited for the new content and subscribe, tell them what they're missing. Show them a teaser of what $10 gets you. Frustrates the hell out of me people don't know how to patreon.

ermousa

Dec 17, 2018
The notes for the update are locked behind the patreon paywall. If you want people to get excited for the new content and subscribe, tell them what they're missing. Show them a teaser of what $10 gets you. Frustrates the hell out of me people don't know how to patreon.
one reason they're here because they don't want to patreon

Reactions: jazkha and Seriosha

Moragee

Oct 24, 2017
Any idea of how to make the game take the "phrase" to unlock the game? I tried to pronounce it in both start and on the screen "thanks for playing the demo, go to our Patreon". Maybe I have a very shitty accent or I supposed to put this phrase somewhere else?

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes