3.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
That aside, the OP says multiple endings are planned. Calling it a kinetic novel means that there are no choices, and you're just reading a story. The fact that multiple endings are planned would negate the tag of "kinetic novel." Yes, there were no real deviations in this first update, but that doesn't mean future updates won't have different choices and outcomes. First updates tend to not have many choices, so this isn't new.

Anyway, a couple of things I read in other people's comments. Yes, this is definitely NTR. MC is obsessed with Amanda, and she's hooking up with Oliver behind his back. That's NTR. NTR is different from cheating and cucking. The MC doesn't need to be in a relationship for it to be NTR. And MC is definitely being betrayed by Amanda. If he were to find out, he'll flip out or be devastated.

With that being said, I liked this first update. I think the set up is interesting, and it gives the potential for a lot of hijinks to happen during the party. I wouldn't recommend rewriting the intro (ie, removing the NTR since 90% of time, "rewriting" is another way of saying removing NTR). NTR haters have already blacklisted the game. Even if you go back and remove every trace of NTR, they won't be coming back to support the game. I haven't seen a game on this site remove NTR introduced in the first update, and then draw back in those people they hoped to salvage. Stick to your original outline. Besides, NTR haters have a ton of options out there, way more than NTR lovers or people neutral to NTR. And we don't have enough NTR redemption stories. I want to see MC start of at a low point, but grow to become a man that gets all the ladies (or possibly fails along the way, as an alternate route).

The ultimate determining factor for a game's success is the quality. If it's good, it'll be successful. Just focus on creating quality work and the support will come. And don't try to appease everyone.

P.S.: If there is ANY thing I really didn't like about the update, it was having to choose between punching Sadie, or getting a BJ from her and pissing off Amanda. I feel like you shouldn't have to punch her to avoid that outcome. Speaking of which, whether you get a BJ or not, Amanda still acts pissed at you as if she caught you hooking up with Sadie. That seems like a mistake.
So why even have "Choices" if they all lead to the same thing? If you're going to be humiliated and mocked regardless then there's no point of having these "choices" to begin with. Just let it be known that this is the main theme of the game and be done with it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you all for your brave thoughts and interactions, but we are talking all up around characters without anything for a backstory whatsoever:

Oliver is the cliche - done to death and beyond - cheater backstabbing bull of a best friend fkking your wife/ best female friend behind yours and everyone elses backs.

There is never any backstory to him other than the brain dead bull - abslute disgusting idiot - who is such dense and plot armored that pussy is dropped on him without any thought, right outta the blue, ninsensically styled - total NTR vilain that steals the love interest in the most illogically contrived immersion breaking way - in every NTR game that owns up to it.
Sure, just remember that "good characters" and "good people" are not the same thing. ;)
I suppose we have different opinions about the characters. I can't stand any of them.

I suppose insteadof just grilling you about your review I should just put up my own.
Amanda is the clishe cheating whore, also done to death in NTR stories or games, acting all hurt and bothered while she be fkking everyone else than the MC - absolute trash egotistical man eater who disses MC for no reason what so ever - lining up absolute brain dead bulls all over the place just because she is this free use worthless slut nobody should care about and yet the dev and the plot and the game and the MC care so much about - nothing for character backstory other than the obvious in your face cheating free use brain dead whore we see plenty of her doing this first chapter in this game.

All of a sudden sex is just dropped on top of Amanda and Oliver like candy just landing on them outta the blue, while MC cannot see the good he has in Sadie, compared to all the brain dead other characters we could not care anything about.

Naruu

Feb 11, 2018
Hey dev, hope you read this.
Art is amazing and unique, great job.
My problem seems to be somewhat aligned with others here. I don't mind the lighter side of ntr, I can even find it hot, but amanda getting jealous was a boner killer. My other alternative seems to be a manipulative bitch (i love it) but I'm not convinced it won't be too reliant on humiliation (witch I don't like).
Having said that, if what I described is exactly what you want to do with the game then go on, you are doing great. If not then will be hoping to see less of a hypocritical attitude or/and less humiliation.
PD: even if nothing changes I will come back for a second chance just for alice

M3lly

Jun 1, 2020
Oliver might be done to death. I don't agree with the rest.

Amanda is not done to death. Usually NTR story have a gradual corruption aspect before the female LI is turned into a slut. She is a manipulative POS slut from the getgo that still gets jealous at MC even though she don't like him. She is like a typical diva that farm simps and try to keep them interested enough to continue giving her benefits.

The MC is quite a pathetic loser. Usually NTR stories have a weak MC but this is one of the most cringy, wimpy loser MC that I have seen. To the point where I actually find it interesting to play as him because there are seldom stories that let you play such character.

Sadie is the crazy psychotic ex gf that wants to mess up your life. We don't get that often as well. I chose not to choke her much or hit her because violence is kind of weird in a game. (Unless femdom)

So yeah, I am interested to see where the story is heading and what kind of shitshow is about to happen. :)

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
So why even have "Choices" if they all lead to the same thing? If you're going to be humiliated and mocked regardless then there's no point of having these "choices" to begin with. Just let it be known that this is the main theme of the game and be done with it.
Did you ignore the part where I said this is the first release and new releases typically don't have real choices? It usually takes a couple updates for choices to start making a difference. So again, hold off on calling it a "kinetic novel" until it becomes obvious that choices don't matter.

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Bruh this game might as well have the "kinetic novel" tag because it basically gives you the illusion of choice.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Oliver might be done to death. I don't agree with the rest.

Amanda is not done to death. Usually NTR story have a gradual corruption aspect before the female LI is turned into a slut. She is a manipulative POS slut from the getgo that still gets jealous at MC even though she don't like him. She is like a typical diva that farm simps and try to keep them interested enough to continue giving her benefits.

The MC is quite a pathetic loser. Usually NTR stories have a weak MC but this is one of the most cringy, wimpy loser MC that I have seen. To the point where I actually find it interesting to play as him because there are seldom stories that let you play such character.

Sadie is the crazy psychotic ex gf that wants to mess up your life. We don't get that often as well. I chose not to choke her much or hit her because violence is kind of weird in a game. (Unless femdom)

So yeah, I am interested to see where the story is heading and what kind of shitshow is about to happen. :)
Nah. She is done to death, there's plenty of POS manipulative "Love interest" in NTR games. You just proved that by calling her the typical diva that farm simps. Her character isn't the first of it's kind not by a long shot.
Bruh this game might as well have the "kinetic novel" tag because it basically gives you the illusion of choice.
Yep. I most of the brighter folks don't need to wait several updates before realizing it's going to be a pattern.

crotch69

Aug 20, 2020
Renders are nice, but everything else - oh boy... Unlikeable characters and the story is all over the place. I felt like I'm on drugs while playing which is not something cool when you are in a VN.
The sex scenes buildup is straight awkward especially with Amanda and that random guy... Jesus.
Wishing good luck to the dev though as the art is pretty.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
They need to talk about why she's blowing him yet running off with some other dude. Is there something to this, or are they just f*ck buddies?
My theory is that Amanda is simply a ho who fucks a ton of guys, besides the ones that Ronnie knows about (ex-boyfriends). I predict that as the story progresses, Amanda's true colors will start to show themselves, and eventually Ronnie will discover her true self and kick her to the curb. Unless there are multiple paths, including one where he remains oblivious to her true character.

Another prediction I have is that Sadie is actually the good one of the two, and that Amanda was somehow involved in her disappearing for 6 months, or however long she was gone. I'm thinking she came back not to ruin Ronnie's day, but to save him from Amanda's scheming. Like I said, this is just a prediction, so I could be completely wrong. But that's just the vibe I'm getting.

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes