VN RPGM Dope's Lustful Adventures [v0.051] [Dope]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I've seen people talk about the lag. Not sure what it is, haven't worked in MV for about a week... still recovering from the past 6 days or so......crazy times. I'll look into the issue this weekend though.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
So I was gathering dust for Jessica when I decided to explore, went to Chronic Tower, rode the elevator up then entered the mom's office and now I can walk through walls. Not game-breaking so I kept playing but it gets annoying since you have to get the positioning just right to enter a room or fight a mob.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Nevermind. It fixed itself when I went to the bathroom at the Hefna Mansion.

Though it was fun while it lasted.
dope sea.jpg

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
So I was gathering dust for Jessica when I decided to explore, went to Chronic Tower, rode the elevator up then entered the mom's office and now I can walk through walls. Not game-breaking so I kept playing but it gets annoying since you have to get the positioning just right to enter a room or fight a mob.
There's probably an event that makes the character walk through walls that I didn't turn off. I'll check those events out and see if I can't figure out what's causing the issue.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
why is it lagin so bad
Where/when do you get lag. I'm trying to solve the issue but I'm not sure what to look for.
On the other hand, I'll be reworking the autosave system soon as that may add to the lag. Currently the game keeps track of where the player is standing and if the player steps on a save tile then the game autosaves (it was the only way I could get the game to save before map transitions, not after). This can happen every 5 seconds or so and when the game saves it causes brief lag. Generally it's only noticeable when changing maps/walking up to doors. Still annoying though. If that's not what people are experiencing, there is another problem I need to fix that I haven't seen. Outside of the saving issue, the game doesn't lag for me.

Reactions: HathgarNiche

Tinytank

Nov 16, 2017
Where/when do you get lag. I'm trying to solve the issue but I'm not sure what to look for.
On the other hand, I'll be reworking the autosave system soon as that may add to the lag. Currently the game keeps track of where the player is standing and if the player steps on a save tile then the game autosaves (it was the only way I could get the game to save before map transitions, not after). This can happen every 5 seconds or so and when the game saves it causes brief lag. Generally it's only noticeable when changing maps/walking up to doors. Still annoying though. If that's not what people are experiencing, there is another problem I need to fix that I haven't seen. Outside of the saving issue, the game doesn't lag for me.
mostly when you have blaze and fire with you and in the house

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
played this game a long time ago and am wondering if there is any "content" with the mom now? Or still waiting on that?

Nihil30

Feb 13, 2018
Getting an error at the event at Draco's house - after I leave the sister's room and the hooded guy comes and leaves, Draco says it's time to meet with pops, then a second Draco sprite walks to the door and disappears, then nothing happens (can't move, access menu, anything, have to force quite the game). Save attached.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Getting an error at the event at Draco's house - after I leave the sister's room and the hooded guy comes and leaves, Draco says it's time to meet with pops, then a second Draco sprite walks to the door and disappears, then nothing happens (can't move, access menu, anything, have to force quite the game). Save attached.
Interesting. I'll look into it. I'll be making the next update public in about a week or so but I doubt I fixed this particular issue as I haven't seen it yet. I'll take a look at the save and see if whatever is causing it is still present in the update.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
1 Big question is it normal to have so much lag i never had lag in these types of games takes a while to start up and then i cant move for like 1 min hapens every time i change map

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
1 Big question is it normal to have so much lag i never had lag in these types of games takes a while to start up and then i cant move for like 1 min hapens every time i change map
There are several reasons for the lag in the game that I can think of and am working on.

1. I have too many parallel process common events. Some are needed but others aren't. I'm working on cutting them out and having them run per map as opposed to running in the background all the time. The randomization of the characters is a big one that eats up a lot of memory. I can do the same thing per map, which should prevent a lot of lag. The character stat tracker is another one but if I can make it run on menu load that should remove some lag too.

2. The way the autosave is currently setup will cause a brief second or two delay. I'll probably take it out but I'm not sure how I want to proceed with the auto save feature.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes