Ren'Py Abandoned Dragon Date [December Demo] [Akemari Studios]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
wow.. saw the art, and the first comment back in 2016 and was thinking "sweet, this is gonna be awesome, how did i not find this before?"

... and than i saw the recent comments...

• Sad
Reactions: Back

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
That's it, we know the writing is good at this point it's the other side of it being an adult game I was hoping to see.
Well then I'll give you a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The worst part is the lack of accompanying CG's with each scene. The shortest was around 3 CG's, the longest was like 6, but the only variation was facial. For comparison Kingdom of Deception (a game that also has dev problems) makes each scene with anywhere from 10-20 CG's. I'm honestly appalled by this game.

4 years.

Oct 28, 2017
Aaaw, my hopes were crushed. What a shame, looked promising.

For anyone looking for monster girls with awesome, well animated sex scenes, and *gasp* superb writing, I recommend Price For Freedom. It's Baldur's Gate for the "man of culture". Ridiculously good.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well then I'll give you a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The worst part is the lack of accompanying CG's with each scene. The shortest was around 3 CG's, the longest was like 6, but the only variation was facial. For comparison Kingdom of Deception (a game that also has dev problems) makes each scene with anywhere from 10-20 CG's. I'm honestly appalled by this game.

4 years.
I just got to the tentacle scene with Rix.

That was brief.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
Why finish the product and deliver, if they can keep making money for doing nothing?
Makes no sense guys.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Just found this on the Latest Updates and thought the art was great but then i noticed the thread is dating from 4 years ago...:poop:

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
You know, I thought this looked familiar....wow. I'll avoid.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Why finish the product and deliver, if they can keep making money for doing nothing?
Makes no sense guys.
They aren't making anymore money, that's the problem.

The time frame for backing them has closed and that was years ago. They asked for 8k and made nearly double that but that money is bound to be gone by now.

A demo won't bring in much money on Steam. Early Access games with a history like this one has people wary so they might catch a few people but not enough to milk it.

In order to make any more money they need a finished product or something close to finished people may get behind again.

After so many excuses and delay's though, nothing short of a finished game will make them big bucks on any platform. They are too untrustworthy at this point.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
jee, well that's sad, it seemed like a good game just by it's story and the pics on the first post
That's one of the most frustrating things about it, it is a good game.

The writing is great, the characters are great and the art is great.

The mismanagement and shady development process are the big issues. The hype for this 4 years ago was nuts. If they had got it out when they said they could have bankrolled another handful of games with the income and people would have thrown money at them, me included. Hell, I threw some at this when backing started.

It's possible for them to make a comeback and do well enough to make a couple more games but it depends on them.

They have very little chance of having a successful kickstarter now, they royally screwed that up with this debacle but with a bit of PR and advertising along with putting out the game we've been waiting for they could bring it back.

Another year of excuses though and they will kill any chance of that. At the moment people are being nice to them because they want this releasing but if they don't fix their shit I can't see people being all too willing to pay upfront for anything else they do.

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
seems real good, is there possible harem paths? if so walkthrough :p
now i'm just maxing everyone haha

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
They aren't making anymore money, that's the problem.

The time frame for backing them has closed and that was years ago. They asked for 8k and made nearly double that but that money is bound to be gone by now.

A demo won't bring in much money on Steam. Early Access games with a history like this one has people wary so they might catch a few people but not enough to milk it.

In order to make any more money they need a finished product or something close to finished people may get behind again.

After so many excuses and delay's though, nothing short of a finished game will make them big bucks on any platform. They are too untrustworthy at this point.
I don't think it's that bad.
They have kickstarter, steam and patreon, probably even other sources of additional revenue. As a side hobby, it's a free consistent source of additional income.
They need to put exactly 0 hours in order to earn something every month from this, and once in awhile claim they did something, or just take a week or so to keep their patreons 'happy' with their 'progress'

As for the financial situation. Any business the owner needs to know the cost and plan accordingly If they asked for X and received they have to deliver the final product with what they did made the math would be sufficient. If they didn't deliver they're either scammers or a bunch of clueless amateurs with no clue about the administration of finances from their business. Either way leads to no end product because as you said, money is shorter now.

Giving more money would either reward incompetence (if was the case) or feed their scam (if it's the case), so it won't solve anything.

If the creator is serious about this game, they would save every penny from each month and put into this project, in fact he would have a side job and put his personal income into this project, he would do anything on his power to get more money, cut costs and deliver the product on the quality standard advertised.
To me, this game leads to nowhere, because I don't believe in any entrepreneur of which doesn't deliver and it's main moto is "I have a new excuse for this week"

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Sand

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
They have kickstarter, steam and patreon,
Steam isn't making them anything yet and they are only making about 140 dollars a month on patreon before patreon takes it's cut and taxes so probably just under 100. That's a team of about 5 so they are making roughly 20 dollars a month each.

Kickstarter was 4 years ago so that money is long gone.

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
pretty good story, followed by some decent art aswell and i surely hope it will continue

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
i remember when in twitter they had monthly updates showing how far they were in story, images, voice... two years ago it seemed like they had 70% done... then they stopped updating how far they were and stopped posting... what happened?!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote