Unreal Engine Dragon's Herald [v14.11.2023] [Alexandraus]

2.30 star(s) 9 Votes
Jun 28, 2019
Well I have a few games under my belt as well, but I'd never attack someone that harshly for just putting some stuff in there. Video games are hard to make and I'd encourage everyone to share the love of game making instead of putting other people down : people that could just give up when confronted with so much negativity. I'm known amongst my colleagues for being super critical of everything but I still think there's something good in every game that is put out and it's no use attacking someone that is just starting out.

I've also learned the hard way by commenting harshly to someone that he was a teenager half my age. You never know what's on the other side on the screen.

In the end you guys can do whatever you want that is allowed in the forum policy of course, but I just wished to share some thoughts about it that's all
Well said. i think theres a vast difference between criticism and just being a dick. Ive seen people calling devs horrid names for simply including a futa or trans character in the game and saying they wont play it because of that. like okay if theres something the dev could improve on great but demanding every game to fit your personal preferences and hating on people for having different preferences in THEIR OWN GAME is jsut idiotic in my opinion

Reactions: Zeddy

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
I'm not talking about artist developement experience, but game experience. I'm guessing because the game barely works. Maybe he's an artist trying out developpement, because the animations are well done.
I understand. Well, we barely know the developer's true identity and his/her background, so it's best not to question their experience "yet". Otherwise it turns out that we accuse him of lying about his experience.

As far as I know, he works alone and the project is not sponsored by a large number of people. He tweeted that he would be recruiting a development team, but for now he would work on the technical part. And yes - he also said that this is not a game, but a prototype.

In general, I think that projects at such an early stage of development should not be published on f95zone. Maybe that's why there's so much negativity on the forum.

In the meantime, what I see on Twitter is very promising.

dagami00

Mar 24, 2022
This one looks very promising.

But yeah, it looks like a he's a 3D artist/animator doing a game with basic Unreal Engine templates. The way he starts with 3D models just proves this.
I never saw such a project seeing the light.
So while it's promising I'm also convinced it will only get frustrating in the end.

One thing it tends to show he's an unexperienced developer is that blog post about him porting his stuff to UE5. There is no need to update to the latest shinny version of UE, while UE4 is very stable.
Not to mention that bit about him hiring people (lol). Oh and apparently he's from Russia which comes with a lot a new problems now.

Anyway the project looks neat, I hope he can manage to overcome all those challenges. At least release an short game with branching paths, voice and sounds, and a less lifeless protagonist.

Apr 27, 2022
Is any one still following this. The build on here is old seems theirs a new build every month but the one on here is over a year old. Can we get a updated version please.

RedFox374

Jun 25, 2019
Where can i find Flipper?

EDIT: 0/10 no Flipper in this build, the reason why I downloaded it lol
i here you and yes dolphin beasty stuff is rare to find i all so have a quston for you what .v of the dolphin are you manly interested in the Biomancanl Dolphin are the normal dolphin asking becalls i only have enough space left on my mega drive for one of the .v's

RedFox374

Jun 25, 2019
good new for everyone here for the lols i desided to see in i cud find any news on an update are one what was going on the the devliper of the game did not find any thang on that but did find this

Lasts Private build
Nightly build 05/03/2023

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Side note now that i have had the chance to play this .v it seem to me to be a text build and from reading the in game patch note i thank it may be the begins of a remake

Last edited:
2.30 star(s) 9 Votes