gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
my guess to why the pictures come out as chrome HTML docs is that they are now in the .webp format not .png and chrome is the only app on your system that can natively read .webp other then the Ren'py engine

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
From dev:
-----------

Plans
Patrons only
Feb 28 at 9:41pm
Hi

This is a long one, so I hope you bear with me.

First of all, on the end of Dana. There were a few major bugs, but I've fixed them that same day. Haven't heard a bug report since. So unless I hear about some other major bug, today or tomorrow, it will hold till the final version.

I'm not sure when the final version will be. Like I said I want to redo a lot of renders, delete old code, etc.....so it will be a while. It's on the back burner. Some day, but not soon. But there will be no new content, just fixed stuff.

Some of you have been asking me for a walkthrough. I've started work on it. It's actually a lot more difficult than I thought, lol. But it will be done, and I'll post it on Saturday.

Now, on to the new stuff.

After replaying Dana for the first time in a long time, I'm starting to get a new perspective on it. I always knew it was a flawed game, but I think I know the root causes of many of it's flaws, and I'm determined not to do the same thing with "Alexandra". This is the new title of the Mafia game. Sorry, I can't think of a better one, but if you can I'm not married to it.

First: It was to ambitious for the skill set that I had when I started. By the time I acquired the skills I needed, many of the flaws were embedded, and couldn't be rooted out without a complete rework.

I think my plans for Alex are well within the skills I have now. Even though it's more ambitious than Dana, I have a year's experience behind me. And in this year, I've learned much.

Second: I had a great fear of getting lazy. To combat that, I set myself artificial deadlines that were set in stone. I would put out a patch even though, looking back, sometimes quality suffered. That's I think, my biggest regret.

I will still set those deadlines. It's the only way I know to really motivate yourself to get your ass in gear. Without a deadline, well, it can always wait can't it. And you end up not finishing a game, after 2 years or more.

But I will no longer make any compromises on quality. And if a patch gets delayed, or if I have to cut out the parts I'm having problems with and add them at a later time because of it, so be it. I hope I've earned your trust a little, and you believe me that I'm not just lazying around

Third: Lack of planing. I started Dana with an idea, and a gtx 980 :p
Had very little clue what I was doing and flew by the seat of my pants. This lead to ideas that I started implementing, and then lead nowhere. I hope I've solved this already. Older patrons will remember that I've started planning for this for a few months now.

Fourth: Lack of clear direction for the player. I've never bothered with a tutorial, or to explain things in detail. Thought people would figure it out. But when people complain that there is no new content in the patch, and they've tried all their saves on the Andrea route, while the patch dealt with Jessica, you begin to realize that you're on different wave lengths.

So, where am I now?

I've started work in earnest on the Alex game. Still very much the beginning stages of it. For those who have missed it, here's the prologue/proof of concept

This is the part of a game's development, when you set the coding foundation. It's relatively little in therms of renders, mostly code.

Also working on the UI. It will not have all the graphical bells and whistles at first. I want to focus on functionality, make sure that's right. And add the graphical stuff later on.

Right now making the tutorial. Trying to not break immersion, but it's impossible. So, I'm trying to embed it into gameplay as much as I can, and break immersion as little as possible.

Not sure when the patch will be finished. Still working a lot of the code from scratch. I'll be able to tell you on Sunday, after I've had a full weekend of coding.

But it will contain the basics of the time and stats management in the game. The tutorial, and I hope the first full side mission.

Once the coding foundation is finished, I'll be able to release a lot more story content, and things will get a lot easier. But I have to get the code right. Old patrons will remember that in the first 3 months of Dana I wasn't able to get the saves to work. It will not happen this time.

I'll be able to tell you more, and possibly give you and approximate release date on Sunday.

As always, I'm very grateful for your support

Ptolemy

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
From dev:
-----------

Plans
Patrons only
Feb 28 at 9:41pm
Hi

This is a long one, so I hope you bear with me.

First of all, on the end of Dana. There were a few major bugs, but I've fixed them that same day. Haven't heard a bug report since. So unless I hear about some other major bug, today or tomorrow, it will hold till the final version.

I'm not sure when the final version will be. Like I said I want to redo a lot of renders, delete old code, etc.....so it will be a while. It's on the back burner. Some day, but not soon. But there will be no new content, just fixed stuff.

Some of you have been asking me for a walkthrough. I've started work on it. It's actually a lot more difficult than I thought, lol. But it will be done, and I'll post it on Saturday.

Now, on to the new stuff.

After replaying Dana for the first time in a long time, I'm starting to get a new perspective on it. I always knew it was a flawed game, but I think I know the root causes of many of it's flaws, and I'm determined not to do the same thing with "Alexandra". This is the new title of the Mafia game. Sorry, I can't think of a better one, but if you can I'm not married to it.

First: It was to ambitious for the skill set that I had when I started. By the time I acquired the skills I needed, many of the flaws were embedded, and couldn't be rooted out without a complete rework.

I think my plans for Alex are well within the skills I have now. Even though it's more ambitious than Dana, I have a year's experience behind me. And in this year, I've learned much.

Second: I had a great fear of getting lazy. To combat that, I set myself artificial deadlines that were set in stone. I would put out a patch even though, looking back, sometimes quality suffered. That's I think, my biggest regret.

I will still set those deadlines. It's the only way I know to really motivate yourself to get your ass in gear. Without a deadline, well, it can always wait can't it. And you end up not finishing a game, after 2 years or more.

But I will no longer make any compromises on quality. And if a patch gets delayed, or if I have to cut out the parts I'm having problems with and add them at a later time because of it, so be it. I hope I've earned your trust a little, and you believe me that I'm not just lazying around

Third: Lack of planing. I started Dana with an idea, and a gtx 980 :p
Had very little clue what I was doing and flew by the seat of my pants. This lead to ideas that I started implementing, and then lead nowhere. I hope I've solved this already. Older patrons will remember that I've started planning for this for a few months now.

Fourth: Lack of clear direction for the player. I've never bothered with a tutorial, or to explain things in detail. Thought people would figure it out. But when people complain that there is no new content in the patch, and they've tried all their saves on the Andrea route, while the patch dealt with Jessica, you begin to realize that you're on different wave lengths.

So, where am I now?

I've started work in earnest on the Alex game. Still very much the beginning stages of it. For those who have missed it, here's the prologue/proof of concept

This is the part of a game's development, when you set the coding foundation. It's relatively little in therms of renders, mostly code.

Also working on the UI. It will not have all the graphical bells and whistles at first. I want to focus on functionality, make sure that's right. And add the graphical stuff later on.

Right now making the tutorial. Trying to not break immersion, but it's impossible. So, I'm trying to embed it into gameplay as much as I can, and break immersion as little as possible.

Not sure when the patch will be finished. Still working a lot of the code from scratch. I'll be able to tell you on Sunday, after I've had a full weekend of coding.

But it will contain the basics of the time and stats management in the game. The tutorial, and I hope the first full side mission.

Once the coding foundation is finished, I'll be able to release a lot more story content, and things will get a lot easier. But I have to get the code right. Old patrons will remember that in the first 3 months of Dana I wasn't able to get the saves to work. It will not happen this time.

I'll be able to tell you more, and possibly give you and approximate release date on Sunday.

Ptolemy
Just checked out his Mafia game and it looks promising and should be better than Dana since he has more practice i just wish Dana was more completed but oh well.

Reactions: fyahrebel

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Like Ptolemy said will get back to it and fix things when he can. I think sometimes the pressure of updating the game got in the way of the creative process. stepping away for a while helps make the story fresh again.

blacksiopao

Feb 24, 2018
Playing the game right now and like it a lot , just have one question ..
Does the events appear on a time basis or do they happen on gaining affection/sexuality?
Tried the consolecommands for adding points to the ladies but it sure progress slowly
random events appear on a time basis, like finishing the day on the office and going home. those give you stats.
affection/sexuality counts when you try to date them after your work shift.

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
I got it all going and have seen all ending eccept for Jessica's which I'm currently working on and is my least favorite girl

Flemmard

Feb 22, 2018
Do you see the appdata folder at all?

If not you'll need to go to the control panel and folder options, view and select "show hidden files and folder".
type %appdata% in the path field, it will lead you directly in the flolder (else it's C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData)

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
From Dev:
----------
Progress update and "walkthrough"
Patrons only
Hi
First, on the Alex game.

Spent most of the day coding. A lot of the things that I feared have been resolved, but not all.

I'll also spend most of tomorrow with the code. If I manage to get everything right, I can pretty safely say, that the first patch of the Alex game will be released at the end of the next weekend.

I need another day to know, so I'll make a post about it tomorrow.

On the walkthrough front, things I have to say, suck. Since so much of the Dana game is open I've had a hard time trying to put it all together. Maybe it's me. Maybe I just don't know how to write one.

After a few attempts the conclusion I've come to is that the only thing I can really do is to list all the events and the necessary triggers for them.

I honestly don't know how else to do it.

Here it is:

Listen. This really is my best attempt. If you guys are unhappy with it, let me know, and I'll try to hire someone to do it better. I seem to just not be able to do these things.

So in conclusion, I wrote a walkthrough. I believe it sucks. If you want, I'll try to hire someone to do it.

And I'll make a post tomorrow to give an exact date for the first Alex patch.

That's it for now

Ptolemy

Reactions: Penfold Mole

RexDaGod

Jun 8, 2017
Is there anyways to add a skip button the skip stuff we seen already? Because rewatching the same sex scene you have to grind for points by spamming space bar is getting a bit out of hand here XD

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
I have a scene with Dana coming over to the apartment asking for "secret files" and then leaving talking about meeting Mr. Ricardo the next night, is this the whole scene or is there another part to this scene? nvm, it's a three part scene.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I have a scene with Dana coming over to the apartment asking for "secret files" and then leaving talking about meeting Mr. Ricardo the next night, is this the whole scene or is there another part to this scene? nvm, it's a three part scene.
Never got that scene

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes