Fan Art Dreams Of Desire: Art Assets Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee now you are for me like a mentor lol, I need one last help:

1- I need to know how I can change the color of the bed blanket in the scene (It's make me crazy this topic)
2- The "blue light" in the scene.

I understand that for many this is a novice thing, but that's just who I am! From now, I thank you for your always kind help.
1 - This'll depend on whether the blanket already has a texture assigned to it. Either way, you'll need to open up the Surfaces tab and find the blanket in the scene. Usually, you can use the surface selection tool and just click on the blanket, and it'll highlight the blanket in the surfaces tab, but you may need to navigate to the blanket to see this.

If a surface is already assigned, sometimes the person who made the blanket, etc. will have other color textures for the blanket, etc.. If it's indexed in Smart Content (most content from the Daz store is), you can just select the clothing item/object in Scene, then use Smart Content > Default > Materials and that should pull up your texture/material options that the author has included with their product.

If the surface is just white or a light shade of grey, you could just change the 'Diffuse' or 'Base' color to the shade of red that you want.

There are also fabric shaders that you could use, if you have any of those that have the color, texture, and pattern you are looking for. Or, just assign a white/light grey fabric shader to it and then change the 'Diffuse' or 'Base' color to the shade of red you are going for.

There are a couple of other ways as well, but this should give you a few ideas. There are a few tutorials on YouTube if those are helpful to you.

2 - Lighting isn't one of my strong suits, particularly darker lighting. I often fall back on HDRIs, but those won't help you if you are trying to replicate the indoor lighting. Essentially, you'd change the color of your lights to blue (under the Lights tab, or in the Surfaces tab if you are using an Emissive plane for lighting, ). I'd definitely suggest watching a few YouTube videos on this, and/or checking out a few tutorials (Google Daz lighting tutorials, etc.).

For the Emissive plane thing, this post is probably as good a place as any to start.

Others are of course free to jump in here, with suggestions as to how they replicated the blue lighting.

• Love
Reactions: ZiMMa

ZiMMa

Oct 12, 2019
1 - This'll depend on whether the blanket already has a texture assigned to it. Either way, you'll need to open up the Surfaces tab and find the blanket in the scene. Usually, you can use the surface selection tool and just click on the blanket, and it'll highlight the blanket in the surfaces tab, but you may need to navigate to the blanket to see this.

If a surface is already assigned, sometimes the person who made the blanket, etc. will have other color textures for the blanket, etc.. If it's indexed in Smart Content (most content from the Daz store is), you can just select the clothing item/object in Scene, then use Smart Content > Default > Materials and that should pull up your texture/material options that the author has included with their product.

If the surface is just white or a light shade of grey, you could just change the 'Diffuse' or 'Base' color to the shade of red that you want.

There are also fabric shaders that you could use, if you have any of those that have the color, texture, and pattern you are looking for. Or, just assign a white/light grey fabric shader to it and then change the 'Diffuse' or 'Base' color to the shade of red you are going for.

There are a couple of other ways as well, but this should give you a few ideas. There are a few tutorials on YouTube if those are helpful to you.

2 - Lighting isn't one of my strong suits, particularly darker lighting. I often fall back on HDRIs, but those won't help you if you are trying to replicate the indoor lighting. Essentially, you'd change the color of your lights to blue (under the Lights tab, or in the Surfaces tab if you are using an Emissive plane for lighting, ). I'd definitely suggest watching a few YouTube videos on this, and/or checking out a few tutorials (Google Daz lighting tutorials, etc.).

For the Emissive plane thing, this post is probably as good a place as any to start.

Others are of course free to jump in here, with suggestions as to how they replicated the blue lighting.

Eternally grateful.... I can't stop this now, but when I finish it and publish it, I will replicate the same image with what I was missing!

Captura.PNG

Reactions: OhWee

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
What do you do with the Textures, I have extracted them to the daz folders but cant seems to find them in studio

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you are talking about the Mom textures, or the Aunt suggested alternate texture, those are two different things.

USUALLY, if we are talking about say the Ophelia 7 addon textures for Aunt, if you bought those from Daz then DIM should put them where they need to go. If you are installing them manually, and you are looking at a folder in the .zip file labeled 'Content' with some subfolders (Data/Textures/Runtime), you'd drag the SUB-FOLDERS (Data, Runtime, etc.) contained in the 'Content' folder of your .zip file into your 'My Library' folder, or 'My Daz 3D Library' folder if you wanted them in the 'stuff you buy/acquire from the Daz store' folder.

Then, you should simply need to look for Ophelia under People > Genesis 3 Female > Characters > Ophelia 7 for the texture maps. There should be an Iray Skin Textures thumbnail and a 3Delight one, click either to to apply the skin texture maps to the character.

As for the other textures for mom, those are placed inside of the Lilith7nip subfolder under Runtime > DAZ > Characters > Genesis 3 > Lilith7nip, but you'll need to (re)assign them manually. Take note of the folder path in the .zip file, and depending on whether you 'merged' them with the 'My Library' Runtime or the 'My Daz 3D Library' runtime, click on the 'Base', etc. Torso texture map under 'Surfaces', choose the 'browse' option in the popup menu, go to the appropriate folder tree that you manually dragged into Runtime, and choose the appropriate Torso texture. The 'D' map would go to the base texture, B for Bump, NM for Normal, replace the 'S' map with the other 'S' map, and 'SS' map for 'SS' map. So essentially, you'll be re-assigning multiple texture maps under Surfaces for the Torso of the Mom/Lilith 7 character.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Max Headroom

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
Why is the aunt looking like this for me? I have all the assets installed except niesha as I can't find her asset anywhere unless I buy it.

1590699866579.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lexx228

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
Yea I have them, the only thing I don't have is niesha which doesn't make that much difference, so I don't know why mine is turning out like that. I checked the morphs that are applied to the aunt model and ophelia's morphs aren't active. I got the DUF file from OP.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm, that's Kendra's share. I'm wondering if your 'default' G3F may have a morph that's active that shouldn't be. That happens sometimes when new morphs are added. I've never seen it, but I've read about it.

How does your 'default' G3F look when you load it? Is it normal?

Also, under Parameters, select 'currently used' when the figure is selected, and that should show you all of the morphs that are currently active.

I haven't messed with the Aunt at all, so I can't comment on any shares for her on this thread. I just index the suggestions as they are made.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
it was almost 4 years ago, at that time a normal PC for Daz had only lewdlab :ROFLMAO:
o_O

This thread is less than 3 years old, so I'm confused now...

To your point, Ophelia 7 was released on 05/09/2017. Not sure when Aunt Jenna made her first appearance in DoD...

This thread is pretty much a bunch of fan artists trying to approximate whatever Lewdlab did when the characters were created for the game, and sharing their efforts. So whatever formulas we came up with may not have a lot to do with how the character was actually created.

Still confused, but maybe Lewdlab is Daz's alter ego? (I know you were making a funny, but it went over my head).

Hezediel

Oct 4, 2017
Hello! i would love to create the character from this game for the sims 4! I already do some celeb look alike sims that you can see here! But i would need some picture of the front face and from the body (front and back) without hair! if someone would be kind enought to help me it would be really cool! And i ll share my work for free with the people helping me! :)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote