Mod Dreams of Desire Ep 12: Gallery Unlocker and Bugfixes Mod [v5.2] [bas]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Mar 29, 2018
The alternate outfits for the scenes you're discussing are not sexual, and if you care to you can enable the console and toggle the variables. As for the quick menu, because of the way the base game is coded, I have to either make the mod turn it on all the time or turn it off all the time, and most people hate the quick menu.
Yeah, I actually enabled console to see the other outfits but the thing is that you have to already select the alternative outfit from the beginning of the episode in order to see it, then skip to the end after smushing Tab for skipping scenes and before last scene press Shift+O and write ending=x. Is there a variable for alternative outfit to do it quicker?
As for the quick menu, I dont really mind it's just that if I sometime play it in the future I don't want the same thing happening to me.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Yeah, I actually enabled console to see the other outfits but the thing is that you have to already select the alternative outfit from the beginning of the episode in order to see it, then skip to the end after smushing Tab for skipping scenes and before last scene press Shift+O and write ending=x. Is there a variable for alternative outfit to do it quicker?
As for the quick menu, I dont really mind it's just that if I sometime play it in the future I don't want the same thing happening to me.
Yes, it's ep12_alt

Mar 29, 2018
Yes, it's ep12_alt
Thanks and last thing. When I click at the extra scenes [endings] sign and click the Show me the ending I played to... It gets me the bad ending whereas I had a different one from my saves (the one with fucking Tracy)... The only way it would show me this ending would be to get Tracy killed which i didn't in the first place. Is it bagged or something? Thanks again in advance for your time :)

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
@bossapplesauce
I wanted to make a really small mod for another game and I looked through your mod to see how you did it. My mod seems to work perfectly, so I'm wondering if this really is all that needs to be done to override a label?

Here's my .rpy file that I put in the /game folder:
Code:
init 200 python:
    config.label_overrides = {
        "barroom" : "barroom_music_fix"
    }

label barroom_music_fix:
    # literally just the original code in the label
    # but with a small change to the music

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@bossapplesauce
I wanted to make a really small mod for another game and I looked through your mod to see how you did it. My mod seems to work perfectly, so I'm wondering if this really is all that needs to be done to override a label?

Here's my .rpy file that I put in the /game folder:
Code:
init 200 python:
    config.label_overrides = {
        "barroom" : "barroom_music_fix"
    }

label barroom_music_fix:
    # literally just the original code in the label
    # but with a small change to the music
Yep - that's it :) Good work!

Reactions: Maid Lain

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Everytime i start the Game and go to the Scenes i got Errors, but ive added all like the Guide.
And i think the Cheats are not active

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Everytime i start the Game and go to the Scenes i got Errors, but ive added all like the Guide.
And i think the Cheats are not active
You're playing v1.0.0 and you need v1.0.3 - it has bugfixes that earlier versions don't.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Haha, can you take a look or am I up to getting down to debug it myself haha. Sorry just wanted to save some time if the developer of the mod knew what was interfering with it.
I haven't looked at Anne's code for that in a while, but I'd bet it's because I'm hijacking the start labels to do a bunch of stuff and so does his viewer, so his redirects are being overwritten by mine b/c I'm using a higher init value.

Honestly there aren't that many variables in that game - Sin doesn't use anything but Booleans and a few string vars for points, no custom objects or anything - so I'd suggest using the built in Renpy variable viewer.

GhostRider_X

May 3, 2018
Ha, that's what I figured in the end, don't think changing the init value to be same would have any effect since the labels are the same. And changing the labels would require changing the whole script or so I presume.

I'll try and see if that works if not, then I guess the default variable viewer it is then.

Reactions: bas
Feb 10, 2018
So, when I replay the bad ending with normal outfit I get "bad ending 18 not found". I used the alternate outfit to get there in the regular game (non replay menu) so I'm not sure if it's a replay only error or not. Is this something you can fix, boss? Or any tips on how to possibly fix it myself. I'm on 1.03 Elite and your patch 5.2. Thanks.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
So, when I replay the bad ending with normal outfit I get "bad ending 18 not found". I used the alternate outfit to get there in the regular game (non replay menu) so I'm not sure if it's a replay only error or not. Is this something you can fix, boss? Or any tips on how to possibly fix it myself. I'm on 1.03 Elite and your patch 5.2. Thanks.
Can you post the actual error message pretty please?

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Mods/Cheats:
  • FULL SCENE GALLERY UNLOCK CHEAT :) - allows you to unlock all characters and scenes, and has variable toggles for scenes where content is dependent on previous game choices - SO YOU CAN SEE ALL THE CONTENT FROM EVERY PATH BRANCH
Is this working on the Scenes Replay menu? Because the options to modify the variables, as shown in the images you posted, do not appear to me. Have I got to click something?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Is this working on the Scenes Replay menu? Because the options to modify the variables, as shown in the images you posted, do not appear to me. Have I got to click something?
Yes, you need to click "Unlock All Scenes" in the upper left.

KOZTO9

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, you need to click "Unlock All Scenes" in the upper left.
I installed the 1.0.3 mod, but for some reason I can't scroll down and view all the scenes. This is a bug from the 1.0.1 Skunked version that I have installed. Did it just carry over and not get fixed, or do I have to download the full 4.4GB game to use the scrollbar?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote