Fan Art Dreams of Desire - Fan Art

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Xpressive

Nov 30, 2019
Tracy, like a real vampire, does not cast a shadow! That's what means as a base model...
When a background is used where the shadows are not present the character casting them would have looked odd. Hence no shadows. If you want you could do that in Environment section of render settings
;)

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
When a background is used where the shadows are not present the character casting them would have looked odd. Hence no shadows. If you want you could do that in Environment section of render settings
;)
JuliaPier2.jpg

In my photorealistic renders I am very fond of 'soft' light, which gives almost no harsh shadows. But this 'almost' is the most important element. A very faint but still distinguishable shadow under the character makes the render come alive, otherwise the figure looks like it's cut out of a newspaper article and just pasted onto the background in a wall calendar.

And sometimes you can bring a picture to life in other ways. For example, I like reflections in puddles, they also make parts of the renders relate to each other.

Just a tip, nothing more. By no means a criticism or a grumbling.

Xpressive

Nov 30, 2019
View attachment 1340134

In my photorealistic renders I am very fond of 'soft' light, which gives almost no harsh shadows. But this 'almost' is the most important element. A very faint but still distinguishable shadow under the character makes the render come alive, otherwise the figure looks like it's cut out of a newspaper article and just pasted onto the background in a wall calendar.

And sometimes you can bring a picture to life in other ways. For example, I like reflections in puddles, they also make parts of the renders relate to each other.

Just a tip, nothing more. By no means a criticism or a grumbling.
Thanks mate. I agree that shadows make a good impression in reners and I do use shadows in my renders wherever make sense. In this particular case the background I used was a picture which had no shadows, so if I would have used the shadow for Tracy it would looked odd again as there is no shadow casted by other objects in scene.

Reactions: AlexStone

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
If I remember correctly I used two spot lights. On the left was a bright yellowish 50W 50H and on the right a red 10W 50H.
It was something similar.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes