VN Ren'Py Completed Dreams of Desire: The Lost Memories [LewdLab]

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
Any excuse to see more of this mom, aunt Jenna and Tracy is fine by me having said that the prequel isnt as good as i hoped. Maybe its because for me the MC is still me (and not Tracy). The problem is the story isnt that big, it overlaps with the main game and overwrites some of the plot of the main game and that could be a turn off (because it feels rushed, theres no build up).

That being said, its clear a lot of effort was made in creating these renders and maybe even the story. Its def nt bad, in fact if it had released before Dreams of Desire i think a lot of people wouldve enjoyed it much more and u couldve evened out the issues u have with the story.

Dont let this comment discourage u dev, i hope u can change my mind about this prequel and keep working at it!

edit: i had a lil idea instead of letting Tracy and the old mc fuck right off the bat. when tracy obtains her crystal she decides to test it out on no other then the old mc and makes him forget after. and of course the only way to test something like that is by doing some lewd stuff :p

Reactions: Ara-sH

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
so he is going to work now in another male game? i dont play female locked games xD, so im waiting for the new game to come around.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Any excuse to see more of this mom, aunt Jenna and Tracy is fine by me having said that the prequel isnt as good as i hoped. Maybe its because for me the MC is still me (and not Tracy). The problem is the story isnt that big, it overlaps with the main game and overwrites some of the plot of the main game and that could be a turn off (because it feels rushed, theres no build up).

That being said, its clear a lot of effort was made in creating these renders and maybe even the story. Its def nt bad, in fact if it had released before Dreams of Desire i think a lot of people wouldve enjoyed it much more and u couldve evened out the issues u have with the story.

Dont let this comment discourage u dev, i hope u can change my mind about this prequel and keep working at it!

edit: i had a lil idea instead of letting Tracy and the old mc fuck right off the bat. when tracy obtains her crystal she decides to test it out on no other then the old mc and makes him forget after. and of course the only way to test something like that is by doing some lewd stuff :p
Well, Lost Memories is just what Tracy experienced and went through in the story, things the viewer had no idea about during the main story. Lost Memories wasn't rushed at all, there was just nothing more to add really.
But I think the main story rushed to the end too quickly after like chapter 10 or so. The MC was just starting to figure everything and enhance his powers, and then the all of a sudden the climax was rushed. But even then, it's still one of my all-time favorites, one of the very first VNs that I started with when I got into the world of AVNs, apart from DMD and DfD, before that I had no idea there were games like these, thought there were just some quick flash games, haha.

Sober Satan

Jun 17, 2017
It starts out as a prequel but later runs parallel to the events in DoD, showing previously unknown stuff such as e.g. how Tracy found the warehouse.
Yea, I found that out after I got deeper into it..lol

pretty cool side game though

Malkav

May 28, 2017
Knowing how scared people are of more than 1 penis, what are the odds of any of these girls having heterosexual sex in this story? I mean, if all the lewd action has to involve the main character from dod, this is kinda limited.

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
Well, Lost Memories is just what Tracy experienced and went through in the story, things the viewer had no idea about during the main story. Lost Memories wasn't rushed at all, there was just nothing more to add really.
But I think the main story rushed to the end too quickly after like chapter 10 or so. The MC was just starting to figure everything and enhance his powers, and then the all of a sudden the climax was rushed. But even then, it's still one of my all-time favorites, one of the very first VNs that I started with when I got into the world of AVNs, apart from DMD and DfD, before that I had no idea there were games like these, thought there were just some quick flash games, haha.
Its just weird for me that in the prequel the old mc is fucking his mom, aunt and tracy; whilst the point where the story is at, is still before Dreams of Desire itself. So everything that happened in the mainstory, the buildup in those relations feels cheapened. Thats why i suggested instead of letting Tracy fuck him right off the bat, when she acquires her crystal and tests it out on the old mc, we have a perfectly and fitting excuse to put some lewd content between those two in the prequel. otherwise we have a sexscene but no build up, no real meaning and for me no satisfaction. Continuity, even if its reversed, is important in stories.

also tracy calls the old mc her boyfriend but has no issues sending him to armyschool by stealing his papers and pursues to fuck him right after.. dunno about u but that just makes no sense whatsoever for me. maybe instead of calling it a prequel, it shouldve just been a story told from tracy's perspective. theres also no real choices to be made. i dont wnt to go on cause in the end i rly liked Dreams of Desire and by its extend i like this story too but ... ^ read above

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Its just weird for me that in the prequel the old mc is fucking his mom, aunt and tracy; whilst the point where the story is at, is still before Dreams of Desire itself. So everything that happened in the mainstory, the buildup in those relations feels cheapened. Thats why i suggested instead of letting Tracy fuck him right off the bat, when she acquires her crystal and tests it out on the old mc, we have a perfectly and fitting excuse to put some lewd content between those two in the prequel. otherwise we have a sexscene but no build up, no real meaning and for me no satisfaction. Continuity, even if its reversed, is important in stories.

also tracy calls the old mc her boyfriend but has no issues sending him to armyschool by stealing his papers and pursues to fuck him right after.. dunno about u but that just makes no sense whatsoever for me. maybe instead of calling it a prequel, it shouldve just been a story told from tracy's perspective. theres also no real choices to be made. i dont wnt to go on cause in the end i rly liked Dreams of Desire and by its extend i like this story too but ... ^ read above
That's where you misunderstood The Lost Memories, you see, that part where she calls MC her boyfriend, calling herself a good girlfriend, that part happens AFTER the events of the main game. You see, the events in chapter 1 happens before the events of the main story, chapter 2 happens during the events and chapter 3 happens after, well, more or less that way. Basically it's the past, present and the future from Tracy's point of view the viewer didn't know of. :p

Well, actually the chapter 1 starts just before the events of the main story, and gradually toward the chapter 3 it goes from past to present, and from present to after the main story, but yeah, maybe that's why you got confused because you thought this was entirely the "prequel", but it isn't. :)

Reactions: mpror

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
That's where you misunderstood The Lost Memories, you see, that part where she calls MC her boyfriend, calling herself a good girlfriend, that part happens AFTER the events of the main game. You see, the events in chapter 1 happens before the events of the main story, chapter 2 happens during the events and chapter 3 happens after, well, more or less that way. Basically it's the past, present and the future from Tracy's point of view the viewer didn't know of. :p

Well, actually the chapter 1 starts just before the events of the main story, and gradually toward the chapter 3 it goes from past to present, and from present to after the main story, but yeah, maybe that's why you got confused because you thought this was entirely the "prequel", but it isn't. :)
If its like u said it is, then im afraid its just poorly written. u see the old mc fuck aunt jenna but alice is still staying at aunt jenna's place (so thats still before DoD). and the last scene u see before Tracy and old mc at the pool is one of Tracy's gf getting used by Nora but then the story would make a huge jump toward after the story of DoD? and there are a few other scenes i have issues with like the old mc fucking his mom, the timetable doesnt add up.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Only the Elite version of this game can be confusing for some players, because in the elite scenes we have the MC fucking mom, auntie and Tracy.
The normal version doesn't have those three time-skip events and is more coherent as a whole.

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
Only the Elite version of this game can be confusing for some players, because in the elite scenes we have the MC fucking mom, auntie and Tracy.
The normal version doesn't have those three time-skip events and is more coherent as a whole.
ah ok ty now it makes sense.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I had no troubles following Tracy's memoirs, even with the elite version scenes.
I.e. the hot tub scene with Tracy and MC right at the end, it was very clear to me and I didn't confuse it with anything.
That night when Tracy confessed everything to MC and in the aftermath they had sex, okay so that happened. Then the hot tub scene happens, so they clearly resumed from where they left off in the main story, continuing their newly found love and relationship after the main story came to conclusion.
I can't really pinpoint at what time exactly the MC + mom scene happened when he banged her while she was stuck in the drying machine, but didn't surprise me whatsoever, as their sexual relationship started early on.
None of the extra scenes were hard to comprehend story wise.

Feb 10, 2018
I'm pretty sure none of the DoD MC scenes take place during Lost Memories and take place sometime later, maybe even after DoD (the final scene is definitely after everything).

I just finished it and it's a pretty decent prequel/side story. I'm assuming Eliana is going to be in the new game. She was kind of pointless and they really emphasized that she was from Midnight City.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I'm pretty sure none of the DoD MC scenes take place during Lost Memories and take place sometime later, maybe even after DoD (the final scene is definitely after everything).

I just finished it and it's a pretty decent prequel/side story. I'm assuming Eliana is going to be in the new game. She was kind of pointless and they really emphasized that she was from Midnight City.
You might be right, it's possible that MC banging the mom while she's stuck take place after the events of the main story, but I have a hunch it happens sometime during, seeing as they were very sexual and rather active too already during the main events. But that very last scene indeed happens after the main events, after they survived the ordeal, Tracy and MC resumed where they left off :p

Feb 10, 2018
You might be right, it's possible that MC banging the mom while she's stuck take place after the events of the main story, but I have a hunch it happens sometime during, seeing as they were very sexual and rather active too already during the main events. But that very last scene indeed happens after the main events, after they survived the ordeal, Tracy and MC resumed where they left off :p
Yeah, really, the mom scene can take place any time after the first time they do it. Same with Jenna.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yeah, really, the mom scene can take place any time after the first time they do it. Same with Jenna.
Indeed :) I didn't think even Jenna would be so kinky though, I mean, letting MC take footage of their activities knowing that he will upload them, I didn't think that she'd be fine with the idea that someone who shouldn't see that, could see that, haha. I guess she got addicted to MC's dick and she just doesn't give a damn anymore, haha.

laseracid

Jul 4, 2017
Have you tried re-downloading it, maybe even from a different source?

What happens then?
I have tried all 3 Mirrors and deleted the appdata folder for the game still nothing happens when i double click on the EXE

Update...
Odd made a new folder and it worked just fine

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I have tried all 3 Mirrors and deleted the appdata folder for the game still nothing happens when i double click on the EXE

Update...
Odd made a new folder and it worked just fine
Could it be you had non-standard letters in your path? Ren'Py sometimes reacts funny to that...

lambdadw

Feb 17, 2018
Everything that happens with MC is bonus scenes. Like "fiction", an offshoot from the main narrative. Is it really so difficult to understand? Moreover, before them is written "extra scenes".

Dec 26, 2017
OMFG...
Everything that happens with MC is bonus scenes. Like "fiction", an offshoot from the main narrative. Is it really so difficult to understand? Moreover, before them is written "extra scenes".
The point is that the "offshoot from the main narrative" is presented as being in the same time-frame as the main narrative. That which might presume (having been given) the MC and the large-breasted one with head head stuck in the tumble dryer have not yet been involved in any sexual relationship. Thus making that offshoot appear to be a non-sequitor.

Given that the title contains "Lost Memories" I expect that the MC and the large-breasted female will be "mind wiped" and the DoD events will be a re-establishment of their sexual relationship.

A little interior monologue from the MC (e.g. "<It's been a month since we discovered our need for each other and I still worship that arse.>) would have obviated this entire conversation.

By the way. Due to sloppy writing on the part of the development team for that scene yes it really can be "that hard to understand". Try not to attack the poster next time.

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes