JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
...seeing Emily more often.
I think that is the impact. Emily if I'm not mistaken was dead so a sane person should not see her but he/she can always remembers her. But I could be wrong here since I have not finished this update yet and I also did not play at low Insanity Level :p.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
I think that is the impact. Emily if I'm not mistaken was dead so a sane person should not see her but he/she can always remembers her. But I could be wrong here since I have not finished this update yet and I also did not play at low Insanity Level :p.
I also finished at an 8/10 insanity.
While you are most probably right regarding seeing MC seeing his dead daughter, I personally don't see his interactions with her thus far as being insane. I think MCis rather sane actually considering my what he is going thru.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I also finished at an 8/10 insanity.
While you are most probably right regarding seeing MC seeing his dead daughter, I personally don't see his interactions with her thus far as being insane. I think MCis rather sane actually considering my what he is going thru.
Indeed. I did not mean that MC is insane. This is a highly subjective matter and I am no expert. Personally for me, if I am seeing someone who was dead or something that wasn't there (for example a unicorn) one time while I am conscious and awake (not while dreaming, sleeping, hallucinating or under the influence), I would have thought that I am losing my mind, am I going 'insane' or something like that. If I am seeing it multiple times and often, then I would consider that higher level of 'insane' than compared to seeing it just one time.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Indeed. I did not mean that MC is insane. This is a highly subjective matter and I am no expert. Personally for me, if I am seeing someone who was dead or something that wasn't there (for example a unicorn) one time while I am conscious and awake (not while dreaming, sleeping, hallucinating or under the influence), I would have thought that I am losing my mind, am I going 'insane' or something like that. If I am seeing it multiple times and often, then I would consider that higher level of 'insane' than compared to seeing it just one time.
But when you are insane,your whole behavior change, reactions to those around you etc. And there is no such here, MC's behavior toward others is perfectly normal, unchanged, you just see Emily. So the impact of this slider seems underwhelming,or pointless to be honest.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
But when you are insane,your whole behavior change, reactions to those around you etc. And there is no such here, MC's behavior toward others is perfectly normal, unchanged, you just see Emily. So the impact of this slider seems underwhelming,or pointless to be honest.
Yes, like I said highly subjective matter, I did not say the MC is insane, in my example I said going 'insane'. I don't know if the slider is pointless or not either. I just think that is the impact of high level of Insanity (not saying that is fact), I am most likely be wrong.

You just have to completely ignore what I said and wait for someone to give you the right answer.

Reactions: Qixoni

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Yes, like I said highly subjective matter, I did not say the MC is insane, in my example I said going 'insane'. I don't know if the slider is pointless or not either. I just think that is the impact of high level of Insanity (not saying that is fact), I am most likely be wrong.

You just have to completely ignore what I said and wait for someone to give you the right answer.
Interesting discussion. There is more to the MC's insanity than perhaps you are aware of - anyone reading the code could tell you what scenes activate and at what 'level' of insanity.

Hopefully there are enough clues in game to ascertain just what parts of the story are effected by this machinic (it's not just Emily, though she is a large portion of the .. symptoms).

To address the behaviour point Qixoni made. To the person afflicted, the world around them would appear normal, their interactions are normal - an insane person rarely believes themselves to be, insane. Rather, as far as they are concerned, they are acting 'normal'.

Without spoiling things, I can only say there's a lot more to come from the higher levels of insanity. Some of it more subtle, some of it (like the interactions with Cassie in the sauna) not so subtle.

Thanks for the feedback.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
I suspect the MC sees other people that aren't really there aside of Emily, like the cousin who arrives to MC's house, because he is the only one that interacts with her, and she isn't even mentioned or invited to the beach's vacations despite her supposedly living in the house.

Last edited:

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
I suspect the MC sees other people that aren't really there aside of Emily, like the cousin who arrives to MC's house, because he is the only one that interacts with her, and she isn't even mentioned or invited to the beach's vacations despite her supposedly living in the house.
The cousin is a very good point. But was reading the walkthrough, i like to do that even if i have an walkthrough mode, and concerning the cousing there was no reference that she would only trigger with x level of insanity. If so, awesome.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Interesting discussion. There is more to the MC's insanity than perhaps you are aware of - anyone reading the code could tell you what scenes activate and at what 'level' of insanity.

Thanks for the feedback.
I would really love to know, perhaps i was distracted, or just used to VN tropes that most of the things i find them normal.

Might try a new playthrough without being faithful to Louise and to notice stuff more. Cindy is a stunner,and i was sad to reject her, hehe

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017

Hopefully there are enough clues in game to ascertain just what parts of the story are effected by this machinic (it's not just Emily, though she is a large portion of the .. symptoms).

To address the behaviour point Qixoni made. To the person afflicted, the world around them would appear normal, their interactions are normal - an insane person rarely believes themselves to be, insane. Rather, as far as they are concerned, they are acting 'normal'.

Without spoiling things, I can only say there's a lot more to come from the higher levels of insanity. Some of it more subtle, some of it (like the interactions with Cassie in the sauna) not so subtle.

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah definitely, I can easily checked the codes to find out exactly how Insanity affect MC and scenes in the game but I rather not. I rather play to figure it out but I haven't continue playing for various reasons not that I don't want to play.

So, that's why I made quick remark earlier "seeing Emily more ofthen" as the impact of high level of Insanity, which is not accurate because I did not make it clear that is not the only impact. It would have been better if I had said what I actualy intended "it is probably one of the impact".

Anyway, great stuff as always.

Reactions: Qixoni

Æthil

Apr 30, 2017
I came to this thread specifically to make that point. I'm glad I'm not the only one with that hypothesis.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: Oscarkilly and Cenc

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
I came to this thread specifically to make that point. I'm glad I'm not the only one with that hypothesis.
Just wanted to say, I love this. Nothing more rewarding as a dev than seeing the small things you add to the story get noticed! I'll add nothing further, even though I'd love to - but, spoilers :)

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Well, i already had my suspicions about Melissa but this convinces me that her showing up is just a figment of the MC's imagination. I kept insanity low in my playthrough and never saw some of the scenes you mentioned. I might have to do a run with max insanity just to see how different things are.

Reactions: Æthil

Æthil

Apr 30, 2017
Just wanted to say, I love this. Nothing more rewarding as a dev than seeing the small things you add to the story get noticed! I'll add nothing further, even though I'd love to - but, spoilers :)
Haha! I'm sure you're itching to talk about it! But you're right, no spoilers. And I'd much prefer to find out by myself if my guesses and hypothesis turn out right or not.

I enjoy your game so far. The story is believable and there is enough mystery to spice everything up. But I hope you don't mind if I make two constructive criticisms?

Well, i already had my suspicions about Melissa but this convinces me that her showing up is just a figment of the MC's imagination. I kept insanity low in my playthrough and never saw some of the scenes you mentioned. I might have to do a run with max insanity just to see how different things are.
I plan on doing more playthroughs later and looking at differences. It might be interesting to see how much content is tied to the insanity level.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes