Lun@

Dec 27, 2023
I wasn't sure I'd like this game but I'm glad I tried it now :)
The story sucked me in and made me feel bad for the MC and Louise...poor Emily.
I hope Sebastian ends up with his nuts in a vice..

Reactions: Cenc

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

denoised_Cindy_thinking_1.png

Last week I covered a couple of the key points of 2023. Part of that was looking back at the goals I had set at the start. If you missed that post you can view it here: [Note from Tremonia: I've copied that posting under this Status update.]

In this weeks update I will go through some of the goals I have set myself for 2024. Some of these may be ambitious, and I do not expect to hit them all, but these are things that I will aim to achieve by the end of the year.

My goals for 2023:
  • Complete chapter four, releasing update 0.4.8
  • Increase patreon membership to 500, with 60 paid subscribers.
  • YouTube subscribers reaches 400
  • A minimum of six video releases
  • Create more content bundles (images / requests) for subscribers
  • Complete remaster of the chapter one scenes (based on user feedback)
The next Update:
I know it feels like it's overdue, but it's comming. I'll be posting a full progress update next week - but as of last night the final animation for the Louise scene has been rendered. I can now start work on the next scene in the list.

Patreon & YouTube:
Currently sitting at 462 members, 50 of which are paid. Did gain a little boost at the end of the year which is always nice. So a big welcome to new supporters. I'm always surprised with the increasing support I get via YouTube, I'm not a "YouTuber" by any stretch of the imagination, I still stumble over my words and constantly think to myself "is this entertaining" I have to rely on the idea that I watch others doing this, so there must be some market for it.

I am attempting to have a video schedule or let's say a less erratic one. I have ideas, but do not have the time. I think everyone can relate to that.

I'm also considering having patreon only videos that are just me making scenes specific to Dreams of Reality. Unfortunately I need to keep them SFW and it could run the risk of spoiling future content, but perhaps some would be interested in watching that? These videos would be un-edited (in as much as I won't really talk about what I'm doing - if at all).

I may test the waters with this, I could always make the videos public anyway, but add some form of disclaimer at the start.

denoised_Cindy_thinking_2.png

Content Bundles:
This is something new for this year. I already release promo images on a semi-regular basis here on patreon, some of these are exclusive whilst others are posted elsewhere. I still plan to do this, however I want to give more value to higher tiers. The two images on this post are the start of an image series that will be made available to supporters. The series is titled "Back to School" and features Cindy. There are 27 images in total, some will be made available for free, whilst others will be tied to a specific support tier.

As you can imagine, as the series of images progresses Cindy becomes a lot more ...daring.

I will be releasing these bundles in the comming weeks so check your support tier to gain access to them.

Chapter One - A Remaster:
I've spoken about this several times. This will be on-going, But I would like to have it finished either ready for the next update (0.5.0) or be a release before then. I may put this to a vote, either I spend a month or two getting the first chapter up to standard with the rest of the game, or put this on the back burner and focus on the first update for chapter five.

Well, that just about covers it for this post. Next week will be a public update on the progress. Until then;

Stay safe all,

Cenc

------------------< Posting that was linked in Cenc's Status Update >------------------

Hello everyone!

As we bid farewell to 2023, I want to take a moment to reflect on the goals I set at the start of the year. It feels cliché, but this year really has been busy. March saw the release of update 0.4.5. and towards the end of the year my YouTube channel hit over 300 subscribers!

My goals for 2023 were:
- Chapter Four completed, work on the final Chapter Five started;
- Patreon supporters hit 60;
- Increase YouTube subscribers;
- Chapter One optimisation and remastering.

Chapter Four: A Delayed Adventure

Actually, it's not really delayed. It's just a lot bigger than I originally thought it would be. From an in-game time perspective it's simply one evening and a bit of the morning. That's nothing, considering the first update spanned multiple days.
Perhaps it's hubris, or perhaps it's an ignorance of the development process, but to my mind the last update of chapter four is just the 'lewd' scenes with the girls and a lead into the final chapter. This sounds simple, and essentially it is. However, we're forgetting the number of optional routes there are in the game.

For example, Kimiko has three distinct routes, "Love-Interest", "Protector" and "Corruption". You can be on the love-interest route and also have elements of corruption (the same as protector). Added to that are the interactions of all the other characters towards you and Kimiko based on what route you're currently on.

It gets messy, very messy. There is also a fourth route, where you're all and none of the above at the same time. Essentially you generally just ignore Kimiko and don't commit to anything with her. I also need to take this into account when writing the script, and for each route, each interaction, I need to have images.

This is just one character, there's six more, seven if I include the 'buddy' route with Jacob. There is light at the end of the tunnel - time will tell if it's the headlamp of an oncoming train.

Patreon Support: Almost

I didn't hit 60. But, I did hit 450 members, so that's a win as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, as paid members I really do appreciate each and every one of you, from all tier of support, your engagement and comments play a significant role in my creative process. Thank you.

YouTube Milestone: 300 Subscribers and Counting!
I was not expecting to hit 300, can I push this to 400 by the end of next year?

It's interesting to see the analytics of the videos I upload. The current most popular is the smoothing clothes tutorial I did, this still averages 100-150 views a month. Who would have thought a big red arrow pointing at Cindy's chest would prove so popular!
Also interesting to note is my latest video (the Xmas 2023 render) is keeping pace with 311 views, where as at this time of the video lifecycle the smoothing clothes was at 325.

I still have plans for future videos, but given 99% of my free time is taken up with working on Dreams of Reality, the video stuff takes a very long backseat.

Chapter One: Optimised and remastered
This is something I'm very proud of, I refactored the code in chapter one - I had been given to think it would take a lot longer, but in fact it was done in a couple of days. Around 1200 lines of code were removed, most of these were duplication of entire scenes when there is a better way of doing things.
The remaster of scenes has begun, the first of which will be in the next update 0.4.8. I will be doing others based on the feedback I have received from you. There are also some other scenes I plan to add to the mix that I feel could do with an uplift. I will go through these at a later time.

There will be a 'looking forward' post next week, where I will outline some goals for the coming year. But for now I want to express my deepest gratitude for your continued support, encouragement and passion for Dreams of Reality.
Wishing each and every one of you a Happy New Year!

Cenc

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Kimiko is so beautiful. I would definitely take her on lots of romantic dates.
We would hold hands the entire time.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
Okay, I barely started playing the game, and I just have to pick a bone with the dev over something. How does a 17 year old daughter of the MC approach her last year of "college" before going to university? Because, if she aint some kind of genius, skipping grades all the time (and the dialogues suggest very strongly she's not), than her attending college at that age is plain impossible. I still want to play this game, because it seems very interesting, but "glitches" like this one make me reconsider. I hope that the developer will take time at some point to review the game for any such surprises. It's throwing me off a bit. I know it looks like I'm complaining, but it just doesn't make sense to me. It's also kinda off-putting, when they barely go on one date, and all of a sudden MC wakes up 18 years later, and I don't know why, or how, or when, or what happened.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Okay, I barely started playing the game, and I just have to pick a bone with the dev over something. How does a 17 year old daughter of the MC approach her last year of "college" before going to university? Because, if she aint some kind of genius, skipping grades all the time (and the dialogues suggest very strongly she's not), than her attending college at that age is plain impossible. I still want to play this game, because it seems very interesting, but "glitches" like this one make me reconsider. I hope that the developer will take time at some point to review the game for any such surprises. It's throwing me off a bit. I know it looks like I'm complaining, but it just doesn't make sense to me. It's also kinda off-putting, when they barely go on one date, and all of a sudden MC wakes up 18 years later, and I don't know why, or how, or when, or what happened.
The game is effectively set in England. Students aged 16-18 attend college. After that would be the first year at university. This would be referred to as Year 12 and 13.

The initial scenes with Louise are a flash-back or 'dream'. If you continue with the game you will see more of them.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
The game is effectively set in England. Students aged 16-18 attend college. After that would be the first year at university. This would be referred to as Year 12 and 13.

The initial scenes with Louise are a flash-back or 'dream'. If you continue with the game you will see more of them.
So should I consider their college as an equivalent of other countries' high school?

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
So should I consider their college as an equivalent of other countries' high school?
Well, "other countries" would be the USA, and Australia. From an european look the high school is just the middle school. In Germany, for example, the universities are called Hochschule. Hoch (high), Schule (school). Sure, the old term Universität (university) is common as well. But oficially they're all Hochschulen (high schools). Same goes with other countries in their language. The most common name for secondary education schools would be Upper School or Secondary School if one translate it in english.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Well, "other countries" would be the USA, and Australia. From an european look the high school is just the middle school. In Germany, for example, the universities are called Hochschule. Hoch (high), Schule (school). Sure, the old term Universität (university) is common as well. But oficially they're all Hochschulen (high schools). Same goes with other countries in their language. The most common name for secondary education schools would be Upper School or Secondary School if one translate it in english.
This is both correct and incorrect about U.S.A. high school (Idk about Australia). While we do use the terms College and University interchangeably. After 10th grade people who are NOT going to go to "University" have the option of going to what we call vocational school which would be in a different building. For instance my mother went to vocational school to become a hair stylist.

Those who are going to college/university stay in the same building they did for grades 9-10, and take classes to prepare them (or some just finish high school and go straight to work, but their options are more limited).

Also we could start talking about Canada and grade 13 if everybody really wants to get contused! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Paerun Cru'Av

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
This is both correct and incorrect about U.S.A. high school (Idk about Australia). While we do use the terms College and University interchangeably. After 10th grade people who are NOT going to go to "University" have the option of going to what we call vocational school which would be in a different building. For instance my mother went to vocational school to become a hair stylist.

Those who are going to college/university stay in the same building they did for grades 9-10, and take classes to prepare them (or some just finish high school and go straight to work, but their options are more limited).

Also we could start talking about Canada and grade 13 if everybody really wants to get contused! :p
Well, I also had the japanese model in the back of my head (yes, I did watch a lot of anime :LOL:). They have elementary/primary school - grades 1-6, middle school - grades 7-9, and high school - grades 10-12, after that they go to colleges/universities, or straight to work. Besides that, where I'm from (Poland), we used to have elementary school - grades 1-8, and after that we went straight to high school for 3,4 or 5 years, depending on whether it was a school of general education aimed for going to uni later, or technical schools where they prepare students for taking jobs in specialized fields. At some point we switched to a japanese model with high schools lasting 3 years for general education and 4 years for technical schools. Now we're back to what we had before that.

Anyway, thanks for clearing my doubts on the subject. I was under the illusion that there was something wrong with the story. Turns out I just needed a bit of an insight into other countries' educational systems.
Keep up the good work.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

Hello everyone!

Sorry, the update is a day later than usual - It took me a little longer to put everything together for this first major progress report of 2024 - I wanted to include as much information as possible for you all.

Let's start with the fancy progress graphic:

Progress_image.jpg

And here is the more in depth one:

progress1.jpg

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice there are only really three areas left to complete, Danielle Solo, Danielle and Louise and the 'morning' scenes.

I've mentioned this before, but these scenes are quite large, given that the majority (at least on first playthrough) will play a loyal or 'Danielle / Louise' route. These routes need to be properly fleshed out and rewarding.

It's a balance, but I hope I will have achieved it. Let's did into some numbers:

1538 static images so far
11220 animation frames
(That's 187 seconds of animation)
8585 lines of code
36477 words

The writing is done, though it's now sitting with the editor to go through and give it a once, twice and thrice over.

In regards to the game systems, the end screen, achievements, hidden clickables, hidden images are complete. Outstanding is the relationship pages, a couple of bonus images that have been rendered and just need adding into the script, supporters page and a revamp of the end credit scroll.

And the release date is....
Soon. Honestly I really want to give you all a date but I don't want to rush these last scenes, they are important and If I try to hit an arbitrary release window I run the risk of the update not being up to the standard I set for myself.

I plan to have a firm idea for a release date next month - It will not be too long, But given the size (relative to the amount of paths in this update) testing will take some time.

To tide you over until then I will be releasing the Cindy "Back to School" series of images I produced during the holidays - Look out for these over the comming week.

Finally, I want to leave you with this monstrosity. This is a final label map of each 'scene' in this update. It's organised chaos! Actually, having this map has helped me immensely in keeping track with how each scene should flow into the other.

label_map.jpg

Until next time, stay safe all.

Cenc

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021

Hello everyone!

Sorry, the update is a day later than usual - It took me a little longer to put everything together for this first major progress report of 2024 - I wanted to include as much information as possible for you all.

Let's start with the fancy progress graphic:

View attachment 3267204

And here is the more in depth one:

View attachment 3267203

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice there are only really three areas left to complete, Danielle Solo, Danielle and Louise and the 'morning' scenes.

I've mentioned this before, but these scenes are quite large, given that the majority (at least on first playthrough) will play a loyal or 'Danielle / Louise' route. These routes need to be properly fleshed out and rewarding.

It's a balance, but I hope I will have achieved it. Let's did into some numbers:

1538 static images so far
11220 animation frames
(That's 187 seconds of animation)
8585 lines of code
36477 words

The writing is done, though it's now sitting with the editor to go through and give it a once, twice and thrice over.

In regards to the game systems, the end screen, achievements, hidden clickables, hidden images are complete. Outstanding is the relationship pages, a couple of bonus images that have been rendered and just need adding into the script, supporters page and a revamp of the end credit scroll.

And the release date is....
Soon. Honestly I really want to give you all a date but I don't want to rush these last scenes, they are important and If I try to hit an arbitrary release window I run the risk of the update not being up to the standard I set for myself.

I plan to have a firm idea for a release date next month - It will not be too long, But given the size (relative to the amount of paths in this update) testing will take some time.

To tide you over until then I will be releasing the Cindy "Back to School" series of images I produced during the holidays - Look out for these over the comming week.

Finally, I want to leave you with this monstrosity. This is a final label map of each 'scene' in this update. It's organised chaos! Actually, having this map has helped me immensely in keeping track with how each scene should flow into the other.

View attachment 3267202

Until next time, stay safe all.

Cenc
Hey Tremonia its good to see you here.
You & I seem to like a lot of the same games.

Do you have a favourite in this?

• Love
Reactions: Tremonia

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
You & I seem to like a lot of the same games.
great minds.jpg

Jokes aside. We've a lot of common in our interests about AVN. First comes the story, then the plot, next the characters, then the fun factor and finally the Lewd stuff. It's only logical that we keep bumping into each other at the relevant AVNs.

If only you weren't always corrupting the waifus so much. Lydia has recently started wanting to hold hands. That's your doing! Admit it! But you haven't corrupted Louise yet.

Do you have a favourite in this?
Sure. Louise!

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
View attachment 3267236

Jokes aside. We've a lot of common in our interests about AVN. First comes the story, then the plot, next the characters, then the fun factor and finally the Lewd stuff. It's only logical that we keep bumping into each other at the relevant AVNs.

If only you weren't always corrupting the waifus so much. Lydia has recently started wanting to hold hands. That's your doing! Admit it! But you haven't corrupted Louise yet.

Sure. Louise!
I love Louise as well.
But Kimiko is my number one choice.

I know I could probably have both of them in one playthrough.
But I'm going to be doing separate saves for each of them.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
This is one of the few AVNs where I do not dare to get another love interest aside of the one assigned from the beginning. I just can´t follow a route where I cheat and abandon Louise. Maybe have a throuple with her included, but never making her go away.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
But Kimiko is my number one choice.
You've always had a thing for the fledglings.:p
I know I could probably have both of them in one playthrough.
But I'm going to be doing separate saves for each of them.
Same here. I've seperate saves for each LI, and some "mixed". The latter mostly to see what happens as outcome.
I just can´t follow a route where I cheat and abandon Louise.
I've to admit that it's really hard work to play these routes. It's just doesn't feel right for me. But it's only a fictive work. They're pixel girls which doesn't have feelings. But DoR is really immersive which always made me feel bad when I'm doing this to Louise.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
I've to admit that it's really hard work to play these routes. It's just doesn't feel right for me. But it's only a fictive work. They're pixel girls which doesn't have feelings. But DoR is really immersive which always made me feel bad when I'm doing this to Louise.
Indeed, Louise may be fictional but it does feel bad when cheating on someone who loves you inconditionally like her. I remember playing another AVN, I think it was ¨No More Money¨, where your girlfriend could discover you being unfaithful and had a quite sad scene during their breakup (it´s been quite a while since I played that one, so I don´t know if things changed, though it seemed that both the mom and sis were the main routes). Few AVNs make me feel bad for cheating or just choosing another love interest.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Indeed, Louise may be fictional but it does feel bad when cheating on someone who loves you inconditionally like her. I remember playing another AVN, I think it was ¨No More Money¨, where your girlfriend could discover you being unfaithful and had a quite sad scene during their breakup (it´s been quite a while since I played that one, so I don´t know if things changed, though it seemed that both the mom and sis were the main routes). Few AVNs make me feel bad for cheating or just choosing another love interest.
Yeah, AVN can be really immersive. A prime example of this is Leap Of Faith. I think only a minority of players have managed to play through the AVN without having pee in their eyes. Many players freely admit that they cried bitterly at the crucial point. Not for nothing is it considered the best AVN ever created. The ratings here at F95 don't reflect that well (once again). However, this is due to the audience of this board.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah, AVN can be really immersive. A prime example of this is Leap Of Faith. I think only a minority of players have managed to play through the AVN without having pee in their eyes. Many players freely admit that they cried bitterly at the crucial point. Not for nothing is it considered the best AVN ever created. The ratings here at F95 don't reflect that well (once again). However, this is due to the audience of this board.
I got told I need to play more games when I said I cried while playing that lol.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I got told I need to play more games when I said I cried while playing that lol.
Nothing wrong with crying at that one. Just read what people wrote in comments under with the soundtrack. Just an example: "I'm an old man. My daughter bought me this game as a prank. She thought it was a sex game and would look good in my Steam list. God, I've cried like a little girl that lost her beloved puppie as Cece falls and I do this every time. I'm not ashamed for this."

To me there's something wrong with all the guys who didn't cry.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Nothing wrong with crying at that one. Just read what people wrote in comments under with the soundtrack. Just an example: "I'm an old man. My daughter bought me this game as a prank. She thought it was a sex game and would look good in my Steam list. God, I've cried like a little girl that lost her beloved puppie as Cece falls and I do this every time. I'm not ashamed for this."

To me there's something wrong with all the guys who didn't cry.
Exactly
I'm not ashamed to say I cry I don't care if people think its unmanly or whatever.

I remember crying when a certain thing happened in this game.
It still makes me a little upset at times.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes