VN Ren'Py Dreamweaver [v0.2a] [SacrumProfanum]

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
those are the names come from the original script that i wrote, It was supposed to be changed when I write it in the codes but I guess i missed some spots :HideThePain:. I'm not very good at proofreading but I will do better going forward.
I'll wait a day or two to see if you guys find anything else, then I'll patch it. tysm for the feedback
Do you have a story already planned out?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
its one of the three base endings, yes.
I don't know what you have in mind, but I recommend that you make the NTR avoidable even for LIs that players don't give points to: Possibly there will be LIs that players who want a harem ending don't like, and even if they don't give them points, They won't want NTR with them either.

In any case, it's simply a recommendation. As I said before, it's actually game over for me the moment we find out that the girl with wich the MC had sex on the plane has been killed. Although possibly any other type of blackmail would have also greatly cooled any type of interest in the game for my part. Personally I don't like the MC being blackmailed very much, but I like the way it's done in the game even less. One way or another, the only way I can see the blackmail ending is with the blackmailer dead at the hands of the MC and if possible after torture that has physically and mentally destroyed the blackmailer. And with the MC keeping everything that belonged to the blackmailer.

In my opinion, starting the game by blackmailing the MC like that can be very good for an NTR game, but I don't think it will attract too many people who like harem games. In fact having the MC be blackmailed into a harem game is, in my opinion, a terrible idea. As I say, for an NTR game it's great, for a harem game it's not particularly rewarding... Unless you can achieve the aforementioned objective in basically the next update in which the blackmail is introduced (or even better in the same update )

Mibera

Dec 6, 2023
I don't know what you have in mind, but I recommend that you make the NTR avoidable even for LIs that players don't give points to: Possibly there will be LIs that players who want a harem ending don't like, and even if they don't give them points, They won't want NTR with them either.

In any case, it's simply a recommendation. As I said before, it's actually game over for me the moment we find out that the girl with wich the MC had sex on the plane has been killed. Although possibly any other type of blackmail would have also greatly cooled any type of interest in the game for my part. Personally I don't like the MC being blackmailed very much, but I like the way it's done in the game even less. One way or another, the only way I can see the blackmail ending is with the blackmailer dead at the hands of the MC and if possible after torture that has physically and mentally destroyed the blackmailer. And with the MC keeping everything that belonged to the blackmailer.

In my opinion, starting the game by blackmailing the MC like that can be very good for an NTR game, but I don't think it will attract too many people who like harem games. In fact having the MC be blackmailed into a harem game is, in my opinion, a terrible idea. As I say, for an NTR game it's great, for a harem game it's not particularly rewarding... Unless you can achieve the aforementioned objective in basically the next update in which the blackmail is introduced (or even better in the same update )
yeah what you said everything in the op post just screams, red-flag, abort now before you get burned. Wont touch it till its finished and i know for a fact that it is save, have been burned to often.

Gammatroni

Jan 8, 2020
Looked good from screenshots, redhead in the main especially, story started sort of ok, but it took me like 3 minutes to turn it of the moment they have conversation in office, sh**ty blackmail really? I think i had enough of p**sy mc's and blackmailing stories for next few years.

Reactions: BlasKyau and Mibera

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
yeah what you said everything in the op post just screams, red-flag, abort now before you get burned. Wont touch it till its finished and i know for a fact that it is save, have been burned to often.
I don't like it at all that the MC is blackmailed (not the LIs or anyone), I could accept it as long as I know for sure that the blackmail is going to end very badly for the blackmailer, with the MC taking revenge in the most cruel and bloody way possible (and sooner is always better than later). But in this case I'm not even interested in knowing anything about how the blackmail is going to end, simply when I saw what the blackmail was, I closed the game and deleted it with no intention of returning.

The impression I get is that it's a three letters game that wants to attract harem fans without really knowing what they like.

Looked good from screenshots, redhead in the main especially, story started sort of ok, but it took me like 3 minutes to turn it of the moment they have conversation in office, sh**ty blackmail really? I think i had enough of p**sy mc's and blackmailing stories for next few years.
Blackmail possibly works very well for netorare but overall incredibly poorly for harem. So now you can suspect where this game is really going.

Reactions: Mibera

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I tried the game again, and the blackmail is still there. I guess I can definitely ignore the game.

In any case, sacrumprofanum thanks and good luck.

Apr 10, 2023
I tried the game again, and the blackmail is still there. I guess I can definitely ignore the game.

In any case, sacrumprofanum thanks and good luck.
MC dealing with the blackmail is gonna be the major narrative for the early part of the story,but eventually it will grow into "what would MC do with all the power he accumulated". I guess people are more excited for that part.
Regardless, thankyou for giving it a try.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
MC dealing with the blackmail is gonna be the major narrative for the early part of the story,but eventually it will grow into "what would MC do with all the power he accumulated". I guess people are more excited for that part.
Regardless, thankyou for giving it a try.
Dude, some people just want everything to be a gigachad power fantasy, with a rugged badass who doesn't make any really difficult choices, at least none that harm him personally. I haven't touched this title yet but as long as you tell a GOOD story, you'll draw some attention. The power fantasy types are always super vocal and devs seem to think for some reason they speak for everyone and cater to them and then they still don't support your game cuz you're not making what they want in the first place.

Not saying that the choice is you make a weakling or a badass, but there's room for a good story with someone who struggles without making a pushover. It seems like you're building up to something and I should have time to get to this by the weekend maybe, but just a preemptive warning that people who want some vanilla power fantasy are gonna be all over the place because they want everything to look like the crap they like and will let everyone know it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sacrumprofanum