VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Although reading the preview it did seem to imply that she got in trouble at some point, so maybe you get to watch something happen.
Uh oh, I sure hope not. The last thing this thread needs on top of all the milking and delay arguments is to add fucking NTR bullshit. This thread would become unreadable with 100's of pages of bitching like no other.

Reactions: Drafox

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Uh oh, I sure hope not. The last thing this thread needs on top of all the milking and delay arguments is to add fucking NTR bullshit. This thread would become unreadable with 100's of pages of bitching like no other.
Oh yeah, NTR bullshit. I love it :D There's still enough vanilla ;)

Dirkusmaximus

Aug 28, 2017
Yeah I had noticed that on these boards NTR in a game appears to be one of the signs of the imminent apocalypse.

However the sister getting in some form of serious emotional trouble would fit the tone of the game.

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Yeah I had noticed that on these boards NTR in a game appears to be one of the signs of the imminent apocalypse.

However the sister getting in some form of serious emotional trouble would fit the tone of the game.
If that dick from the party ends up hurting the sister, I will rape him with that baseball bat.

Reactions: Siddington

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Even tho I even like this drama I really do wonder how it can possibly have a happy ending. It's trying to be so realistic and depressing that all these females will go even more mad after incest will trigger and some seem to be already on a verge of suicide. Real bf about whom D talked with father would be the only solution for D to reach happy end and M could stay with F while son would play on his guitar.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Even tho I even like this drama I really do wonder how it can possibly have a happy ending. It's trying to be so realistic and depressing that all these females will go even more mad after incest will trigger and some seem to be already on a verge of suicide. Real bf about whom D talked with father would be the only solution for D to reach happy end and M could stay with F while son would play on his guitar.
Or marry his cousin

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Wow. I played the latest version now. Couldn't withstand the temptation.
I honestly don't get how people can still be so positive about this game.

Each new update wallowing in the same over-emotional nonsense. Some probably think it's deep and realistic. It's not, it's just pretentious and self-adulating.
I honestly just wanted to skip forward to see if anything even remotely signalling a development happened, but wisely the creator left the option to skip unread content out of the preferences.

Ugh, just such a drag to plough forward through this dreary swamp of verbose mud.
There's still a good game buried inside there somewhere.
If only the writer left out all the repetitive emo pseudo soulsearching, not completely, but reducing it to something that doesn't make you want to vomit, and instead let time pass a bit faster, let people act more instead of just "tormenting" themselves over their sick obsessions.

I mean, we get it already, incest isn't normal, but this is supposed to be a game, not a psychological study by a layman who is too much in love with his own words.

This could be one of the best games here, instead it's getting hard to even finish an update.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
So... Hope dev has any plans to actually make use of the built-in auto-forward function. Just sayin' a hand on the mouse is no hand on the d

Reactions: botc76

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017

Each new update wallowing in the same over-emotional nonsense. Some probably think it's deep and realistic. It's not, it's just pretentious and self-adulating.
I honestly just wanted to skip forward to see if anything even remotely signalling a development happened, but wisely the creator left the option to skip unread content out of the preferences.

Ugh, just such a drag to plough forward through this dreary swamp of verbose mud.
If only the writer left out all the repetitive emo pseudo soulsearching, not completely, but reducing it to something that doesn't make you want to vomit, and instead let time pass a bit faster, let people act more instead of just "tormenting" themselves over their sick obsessions.

I mean, we get it already, incest isn't normal, but this is supposed to be a game, not a psychological study by a layman who is too much in love with his own words.

This could be one of the best games here, instead it's getting hard to even finish an update.
This guy gets it.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

He thinks he's the next Sigmund Freud. He also thinks vague sentences of pretentious nonsense makes great writing, if I was an editor I'd scream at the fucker.

Exhibit A
You've had your conscience be light as a feather in the past, enabling some of your reckless behavior and habit of wandering down a dark path. You can safely say that this time, it's not you who extended an arm and fingers impulsively.

Yet, the aftermath is nearly the same; guilt free, but her bare skin is still showing. This is your room and your bed, but it's our house -- you're never quite alone and never know when someone's lurking in the shadows. Despite this, you'll sleep soundly tonight.

This kinda vapid writing is so void of actual emotion I would just tell him to scrap the whole thing and start again.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I agree with botc76 and lostraven.

Nobody pours to every person he meets his souls out and on top in this forced feeling high and mighty style. It feels wrong and IS tiring. Thanks to all gods for this "strg" thingy in ren'py.

The same goes from my viewpoint for the pics. Someone wants to be with all power to be some obscure artist. The many part-body shots, hidden behind objects style etc. are in some cases to much. The style isnt bad and there are some very good scenes, but it feels at times like "trying too hard".

Another thing is the (unnecessary) high work amount with the use of only full image renders. Most combine back-/foreground images. The game could easily have double the content. A book example of inefficiency. Pity.

Greets

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
He thinks he's the next Sigmund Freud. He also thinks vague sentences of pretentious nonsense makes great writing, if I was an editor I'd scream at the fucker.

Exhibit A
You've had your conscience be light as a feather in the past, enabling some of your reckless behavior and habit of wandering down a dark path. You can safely say that this time, it's not you who extended an arm and fingers impulsively.

Yet, the aftermath is nearly the same; guilt free, but her bare skin is still showing. This is your room and your bed, but it's our house -- you're never quite alone and never know when someone's lurking in the shadows. Despite this, you'll sleep soundly tonight.

This kinda vapid writing is so void of actual emotion I would just tell him to scrap the whole thing and start again.

Lol. It reads even more pretentious in this short excerpts, because while reading it, it's such a flood of nonsense, you don't even register it anymore at some point. ;)

Reactions: lostraven

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Lol. It reads even more pretentious in this short excerpts, because while reading it, it's such a flood of nonsense, you don't even register it anymore at some point. ;)
The poor sod thinks long run on-sentences and non-stop meandering, symbolism and hyberbole makes him the next Marlowe. It doesn't. I actually self-published a book when I was 17, The kinda writing he uses should be used sparingly, to give weight to the scene, he just runs it through the whole narrative, so it's a total wash-out of meandering nonsense.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
For anyone who thinks this writing and deep and meaningful, it's easy enough to replicate, and is usually so vague you can apply the writing to literally anything.

Behold, replicated meandering you could slot into at any point in his game.

-By temptations grace, that has now become a dreaded curse, infectious of the mind it plagues my soul. Burning desires that cannot be tamed by these wicked notions have leave me needing, wanting, desperate for relief. Do I delve deeper into reckless abandon? Restless nights are now norm, an accepted reality with this endless pondering, now a endless plight. I must find a way to sate these urges, become whole again, become the man she truly needs.

“Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words? He thinks I don’t know the ten-dollar words. I know them all right. But there are older and simpler and better words, and those are the ones I use.”

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes