VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

fakerdude

Mar 10, 2018
According to comments Gumdrop has recently made on his discord, it is pretty much what we expected. This update's release is now on the clock of the people he has working on the dance composition and sex scene animations. The composition is on schedule, although he didn't state what schedule that is, and that he will have a better idea of a release estimate once the next two animations are completed. Again of course he didn't state when that mite be. It pretty much goes to show again what has been pretty obvious throughout this update's development. It has been incredibly poorly planned out from the get go and his vision for the update has just grown grander and grander as time has gone on. This has led to him adding very time intensive projects way too late in development.

Thus here we are, 13 months after the release of Part IX and not really any closer to knowing when we'll see Part X. It always seems to be a couple of months away, like we're all experiencing a collective groundhog day.
1555873092631.png

Rick24

Feb 12, 2018
Do we have an updated walkthrough? The linked one stops for the father after the day with Ben but the story still continues.

SymbioticLife

Mar 17, 2019
Eh? Is that you, Gummy? Where have you been all this time?!
( Good to see our boyo Joshua finally liking something. The two of you are as thick as Daughter/Daddy from this game :p)
You didn't really refute anything I said, the writing in these games is unequivocal trash, most of these guys aren't even real writers, their qualifications (when they have them at all) are usually related to working with renders and tbh most of them can't even do that much. The writing is either bland and generic or over the top and campy, usually with a large degree of awkward and often downright creepy interactions because the people writing them likely rarely leave their basements.

If you think normal every day people would find any of the writing done for this site well done and that the only reason anyone finds it decent it at all is because they're too distracted by the fact they're wanking the shit out of themselves while barely registering the actual quality then you're delusional. I know high schoolers who could do a better job writing a believable character than 99% of the "authors" here.

It mostly reads like the people have never been in a relationship - romantic or otherwise - or perhaps even had a human interaction in their entire lives.

Then again given what I've seen from the average comments on this site I feel I shouldn't be surprised that the terrible and generally incredibly awkward writing resonates with the audience.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
lmao what a bunch of moron still giving this guy money after a year with no update.
Yeah For you and me $$$ seems to be Scarce..but that assumptions deployed in vast Scale wouldnt be right.There are ppl with Tons of $$$ so a little deducted $$$ from their Account doesnt seem to impact on their daily Life.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah For you and me $$$ seems to be Scarce..but that assumptions deployed in vast Scale wouldnt be right.There are ppl with Tons of $$$ so a little deducted $$$ from their Account doesnt seem to impact on their daily Life.
There is people spending money on scrap, or subscribing to shit every day. But the thing is, that's quite individual how they view this. One man's trash another man's treasure and all that stuff. I'm quite sure each and everyone here have spent money on stuff others here regard as a total waste of money and a pile of junk. If you start to call out people on the way they spend their money you open yourself for the same scrutiny.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You didn't really refute anything I said, the writing in these games is unequivocal trash, most of these guys aren't even real writers, their qualifications (when they have them at all) are usually related to working with renders and tbh most of them can't even do that much. The writing is either bland and generic or over the top and campy, usually with a large degree of awkward and often downright creepy interactions because the people writing them likely rarely leave their basements.

If you think normal every day people would find any of the writing done for this site well done and that the only reason anyone finds it decent it at all is because they're too distracted by the fact they're wanking the shit out of themselves while barely registering the actual quality then you're delusional. I know high schoolers who could do a better job writing a believable character than 99% of the "authors" here.

It mostly reads like the people have never been in a relationship - romantic or otherwise - or perhaps even had a human interaction in their entire lives.

Then again given what I've seen from the average comments on this site I feel I shouldn't be surprised that the terrible and generally incredibly awkward writing resonates with the audience.
Thing is, so many here is so blinded for their hatred for GD, so they block out anything else.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
There is people spending money on scrap, or subscribing to shit every day. But the thing is, that's quite individual how they view this. One man's trash another man's treasure and all that stuff. I'm quite sure each and everyone here have spent money on stuff others here regard as a total waste of money and a pile of junk. If you start to call out people on the way they spend their money you open yourself for the same scrutiny.
Your 100% Correct..Not even gonna try too argue with that...When you love something or someone so bad..it brings various kinds of thoughts and emotions which boils down to point of valid or invalid arguments..So yeah..I agree with ya.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I agree with you on what I consider good might be junk to others and vice versa but throwing away money at nothing is something I can't understand. It's fine if GD released updates that I consider junk but others think is good but why keep paying him money when he hasn't released an update for over a year. But hey if that's what people like to do with their money I say all the power to them.

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
Some people and I stress the word some, may have their monthly payments taken out directly from their accounts. Out of site out of mind. Kind of like paying taxes, if you had to cut a check for them each month you'd be pretty pissed at what your paying, but since it automatically taken out it registers differently in most people's mind.
A year or so ago I really love his story and art but after the long wait I gave up and just check in every now and then to see if theirs any movement. If he posts something I'll bite but with games like Milf city or Timestamp I'm pretty content. Just like Duel Family I'm also waiting for Love and Submission.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I agree with you on what I consider good might be junk to others and vice versa but throwing away money at nothing is something I can't understand. It's fine if GD released updates that I consider junk but others think is good but why keep paying him money when he hasn't released an update for over a year. But hey if that's what people like to do with their money I say all the power to them.
Could be a lot of the people that pledge to him today isn't necessary the ones that did half a year ago or longer. We don't really know the turn over of pledges. Just that they increase and decrease in numbers. Take a game on early access on steam, it doesn't necessary receive frequently updates, but there is those that buy into them in the hope it will be completed eventually. Some of the same mindset applies to supporting creators on Patreon (and other similar platforms). The worrying thing people should consider is what GD said he would, but didn't in regard of release updates.

If you support a creator on Patreon that isn't that truthful in regard of what he/she promise to deliver. Well, you have far more people in the world throw their money at politicians that lying out of their ass's to get your votes and money. So in that regard there is many ways to get screwed out of your money and left with blue balls :p

I know people doesn't like to hear it, but you are not "paying" per see, in regard of Patreon, your pledge support.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Some people and I stress the word some, may have their monthly payments taken out directly from their accounts. Out of site out of mind. Kind of like paying taxes, if you had to cut a check for them each month you'd be pretty pissed at what your paying, but since it automatically taken out it registers differently in most people's mind.
A year or so ago I really love his story and art but after the long wait I gave up and just check in every now and then to see if theirs any movement. If he posts something I'll bite but with games like Milf city or Timestamp I'm pretty content. Just like Duel Family I'm also waiting for Love and Submission.
Well, I run all my pledges through PayPal, and get notification in email when they done. You also get a mail from Patreon doing the same. If someone take the "didn't pay attention" defense, they wouldn't really read their emails and such very often.

Reactions: Snomiser

sob

Apr 3, 2017
@Joshua Tree Yes you can compare it to whatever you want but patreon is based on updates, mostly monthly. Steam, kickstarter or whatever else you compare it to is a per product. A whole year has passed without a product here so by every definition this is a scam. Even HIS description from HIS patreon says he will make updates faster with all this money he gets for nothing. He is lying everyone who is reading his description.

Dec 24, 2018
@Joshua Tree Yes you can compare it to whatever you want but patreon is based on updates, mostly monthly. Steam, kickstarter or whatever else you compare it to is a per product. A whole year has passed without a product here so by every definition this is a scam. Even HIS description from HIS patreon says he will make updates faster with all this money he gets for nothing. He is lying everyone who is reading his description.
Don't waste your time replying to him, you're not saying anything he hasn't heard before. Common sense doesn't work on him.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Man, remember when that skeleton was trying to teach you some deep shit, man? By like, looking like your mom, and sitting her big butt on your dick? Yeah, man, that was some deep shit...

Pardon my french, but GDG and Dual Family are swamped with an ugly air about them based on a year's lack of serious movement and production. That Christmas special was kinda bunk, and should've been made when the game had made more developments. I wonder if this game will ever make it to it's "Part Two:" like he intended. My gut says...
Frank.gif

Vimotang

Sep 24, 2017
Well, I run all my pledges through PayPal, and get notification in email when they done. You also get a mail from Patreon doing the same. If someone take the "didn't pay attention" defense, they wouldn't really read their emails and such very often.
Why do no one get it. This Joshua Tree guy is Gumdrop himself. He's keeps himself busy here in this thread instead of working on a update.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes