VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes
Dec 24, 2018
How long does it generally take to render a 8k/16k sex animations?+30 just curious
I think the better question is why would someone even waste their time with making 8k/16k renders in 2019? Completely unnecessary, I could understand 4k, but anything more than that is just a waste of time. And obviously this is just a question in general and not a question to gumdrop, since gumdrop is not even making any renders right now in the first place and it's just another one of his lies to keep his sheep subscribed.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
There is no TL;DR for this game, and it's developer.

Dual Family is currently in what I like to call the "Animation Saga".

After an 8 month development cycle that began March 2018; Gumdrop promises his FIRST release date on the day of October 9, 2018. Part X's original release was scheduled for JANUARY 25TH, 2019. Gumdrop gives himself a 3 month deadline between the announcement, and the release date. This is his reasoning:

"An absurdly large time cushion slapped on, ensuring if the game is released on a day other than January 25th, it’s BEFORE rather than after".

Some time after this announcement we have a paradigm shift where the development of Dual Family changed from waiting for the rendering of scenes, to the animation of scenes. This is also where we first hear the name "FatCat17", and his alleged collaboration with Gumdrop Games. The "absurdly" timed release date draws nearer, and Part X doesn't seem to be any closer to completion.

Enter "Last Christmas".

This stand alone game that was set before the main story of Dual Family was released Christmas time last year. To me, this is the official start of the "Animation Saga". At the end of this short update, Gumdrop makes the announcement that the original release date of JANUARY 25TH, 2019 will not be met due to the scope of the update. You can read his full explanation here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With a new development cycle being created, and it's previous release date being nixed... Dual Family: Part X finds itself in limbo once more. What follows is a string of development updates that centered around finishing even more renders. An alleged render count of 2803 images. The official completion of scene rendering was made February 25, 2019. In this post Gumdrop claims that: "Now that it’s complete, I’m more than happy to say the worst is over with; post-work won’t be serving the almost year-long sentence its predecessor, scene rendering did". Gumdrop breaks down these post-work tasks into 3 category's: Writing, Composition, and ANIMATION. And, here is where we find ourselves today.

Writing: Allegedly finished on April 28, 2019 in "Part X Dev. Update: Writing Done, Now Ann-E-May-Shun!"

This is where the gaps between dev. updates begin to start. And, not just dev. updates, but posts in general. From April 28, 2019 to July 19th, 2019; there were only 3 posts with only one being a development update.

Which brings us to our SECOND release date from a Development Update posted on July 19, 2019, and where this legacy hits a new bottom: September 10th, 2019. This release date is established, and with it it brings a 50 DAY drought with no information whatsoever. Complete radio silence.

Until the next development update posted on September 7, 2019, whose title could not be anymore perfect:

Final Part X Dev Update! (Sep. 10th Postponed)

In this update Gumdrop claims that Composition is complete, and all we have left for Part X's release is ANIMATION.

This is all the information we have on animations since the SECOND delay:

There are 10 animation sequences in Part X each having between 2-3 camera angles to render each as individual animations. Which brings the number up from 10 to potentially 30 animations. The majority of animations Gumdrop has commissioned from the animator "FatCat17" have been posed. BUT, the majority of animations have NOT been rendered; this includes the final two animations yet to be posed. We know some previous animations had to be re-worked by Gumdrops request. "FatCat17" will not be animating for Gumdrop anymore by early 2020, but has vowed to finish his commissioned work before he quits.

NO RELEASE DATE AVAILABLE.

That small pool of information is all we have. This collaboration has been going on for more than a year, and that is all Gumdrop Games has to show for it. No detailed progress. No release date. No information. The person responsible for this delay is quitting soon. Gumdrop Games shows no signs of urgency, or entertains the idea of alternative measures such as releasing Part X without ANIMATIONS. It's all just "He's not done". It's clear Gumdrop Games is in no hurry of releasing this "Golden Goose" just yet. It seems there is always something in the way.

With all the information given above it seems reasonable to think that Gumdrop is planting the seeds for the next big delay come time for "FatCat17" to change vocations.

That is the TL;DR. All information comes from developer updates that can be found on this very thread. I know that Mods have posted a warning about this game on it's front page, but I really wish they would remove the link to Gumdrop Games' Patreon, and replace it with another warning.
Goddamn do I need to tag this in the next Captain's Log, couldn't have said it better myself.
'CaN'T wAiT fOr ThE nExT cHrIsTmAs SpEcIaL tHo GuYz!'

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
His textures would never warrant 16k renders, it would actually highlight how bad the textures are (he uses plenty of old assets). His zoomed in shots already show how washed out and blurry the textures are.

This excuse is just another lie, people should assume everything this guy says is false.
you know what's funny? his patrons increases

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
that'll take some years, at least until quantum comps are in all homes.

Ice piece

Jun 21, 2017
If gumdrop releases will he sent links to the old patreons that supported him for a time or will he only provide it to the ones that currently support him.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes