• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Gumdrop´s posts are nothing but "Geschwätz" at best, only lies at worst. Everybody recognising how he prepares the next bunch of lies? "Release date bump, Fatcat promised early 2020",etc. He has not the least inclination to release for Christmas. I agree with some pundits, that a release might be "Last Christmas 2", not part X. The way this last lie, eh, post is written makes it obvious.

As for Fatcat, "vocational changes", yeah an animator "this good" should change his profession, but then again I am rather convinced this guy was nothing but a front. He simply was too bad, too slow, too quiet an animator to be truly real.

As for gumdrop´s "team", which he drums about: Usagitriplex makes "Interns of Ecstasy Island" (signature see below) all alone, only some texts and events are done by fan contribution. That game will be great when it is finished, it already is fun to play. And we have already more content in that game than our conman and his imaginary team has done ever.

Last edited:

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Heyo lads; back a bit later than ideal. The weekend was packed with a lot of non-development related priorities, including some unexpected driving across state. Kyle's back in the office and ready to kick ass, share cuties again.

Part X Release

In regard to the remaining work/animations, I'd like to echo my response to a supporter from our Discord:

"Out of curiosity since we are all basically waiting on, if I understand, that one guy to finish with the animations, is this an instance of mistakes were made and shit happens or more of a this person [screwed] you and you’re looking to replace them in the future in order to avoid this debacle?"

FatCat has and continues to work on other animations, both for his own Patreon page and for commissions, providing him income. Between that work, backtracking on previous anims for Part X and constructing the final anims required, it's more than enough to keep him preoccupied.

In the mean time, our team is working on what we can for Act II and cleaning up any remnants of Part X we deem necessary. FatCat will be making some vocational changes early 2020, meaning we'll likely train for our next animator as locally as we can. I'll have more specifics as that develops in a future update.

Training a local team member is the ideal, best-case scenario for animations; having in-house control over every development aspect (writing, posing, rendering, etcetera) allows direction to be made on a whim rather than the more delayed, diluted exchange that comes over long-distance communication.

Realistically, it'll be best to contract out Act II - Part I's animations so there aren't any huge hang ups in quality/time, something that would surely happen while simultaneously designing, training and executing animation during the same development cycle. Similarly, crystal clear scheduling between our team and the contracted animator is a priority so the current debacle doesn't occur a second time.

Better, more relevant question: when?

Echoing what was said in the previous post, Gumdrop Games will be preparing every day for Christmas, ensuring you have something special to open. We'll be able to say definitively next week if it's St. Nick or the Grinch showing up that morning; at worst we'll have a release date bump, no death or coal, don't worry.

FatCat has given his guarantee that he'll finish the animations before his leave in early 2020, as they've already been paid for. If Part X doesn't make the cut for holiday, I'll make sure it doesn't sour the festivities, time off, the coziness you're looking forward to. There will always be presents from me under the tree, whatever they may be; this Christmas is no exception!

Act II

Just in time for snow, we'll be having our first previews of Act II - Part I out this month. We've established the majority of the settings we'll be using, mashing several assets together to fit the time-skip between Act I and II. Get ready for a change in pace, scenery!

An expansion of the cast may be daunting to some and for good reason; this would likely mean less attention to current characters who already have their interactions spread thin. The main four ladies of the cast will continue to be the majority time-holders, furthering the relationships you've already developed with them.

That said, we've solidified the new characters joining in Part I; some have already been mentioned in conversation, others will surprise you. The small, quick-cut nature the majority of Act I parts possess would make this a daunting task, however Act II's parts will be closer to Part IX in length. This will allow major development with the main four ladies while still squeezing in others both new and familiar, if you so choose to spend time with them.

In closing, I want to remind that we'll have a definitive answer on Part X's Christmas release sometime next week, along with the first Act II previews coming out this month. Make the final push through work and grab some time off if you can for the holidays; we'll do what we can to make it a fun one.

Next post this weekend (for real this time), see you there
is this real? like actual posts by gumdrop? i can't even tell anymore XD
if it is then holy crap, it's like reading words and sentences which make absolute no sense.
"If Part X doesn't make the cut for holiday, I'll make sure it doesn't sour the festivities, time off, the coziness you're looking forward to. There will always be presents from me under the tree, whatever they may be; this Christmas is no exception!"
:LUL: you know what's coming

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
Oh Christ really, Last Christmas Part 2... yay. If last year is anything to go by, it'll be something for us all to look forward to... in January. He couldn't even hit that deadline FFS.

Also love the vagueness of "FatCat has given his guarantee that he'll finish the animations before his leave in early 2020, as they've already been paid for". Early 2020? So Jan, Feb, Mar? Left that nicely open didn't they ladies and gents ;) Think he going for the full 2 years on this one

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Oh Christ really, Last Christmas Part 2... yay. If last year is anything to go by, it'll be something for us all to look forward to... in January. He couldn't even hit that deadline FFS.

Also love the vagueness of "FatCat has given his guarantee that he'll finish the animations before his leave in early 2020, as they've already been paid for". Early 2020? So Jan, Feb, Mar? Left that nicely open didn't they ladies and gents ;) Think he going for the full 2 years on this one
As I wrote in a post above, I am deeply suspicious about Fatcat and his sudden change of work. He was either a front or something like that, because it is far too convenient for gumdrop that the guy who suppossedly makes/made the animations just now changes work. "Such a happenstance, oh my!"

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018

Thats disgusting. Admin hello? Put some abandon tag in here and also note that gumdrop is a milker con artist.

Dec 24, 2018
As I wrote in a post above, I am deeply suspicious about Fatcat and his sudden change of work. He was either a front or something like that, because it is far too convenient for gumdrop that the guy who suppossedly makes/made the animations just now changes work. "Such a happenstance, oh my!"
I can see it now. March comes around, Gumdrop says Fatcat has stopped working as an animator and didn't finish the animations or he rushed to get them done and the quality is bad or something like that. Now Gumdrop has to start all over on the animations from the beginning.

Last edited:

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
NotALiar said:
FatCat has given his guarantee that he'll finish the animations before his leave in early 2020
KyIU51m.gif
Make them stop please, I'm gonna die from too much laughing before the end of this year

ScamDrop said:
Gumdrop Games will be preparing every day for Christmas, ensuring you have something special to open.
Yeah, your wallet, he need to buy himself another house :sneaky:

Jan 9, 2019
So it turns out fatcat, who our resident shill Tree defended at all costs, is part of the scam. Funny how Tree has been wrong about literally everything, always defending the scam for some odd reason. Next time Tree is oddly defending something, remember how the things he was most defensive about turned out to be true. Might be a good time to revisit the idea that the whole scheme is a front for another, possibly illegal, business.

Now the scam is impossible to deny, and people expecting a release or thinking he is just a "milker" (instead of a scammer who has done zero work) will keep being taking advantage of. This is not a game, it hasn't been one for 2 years. To put this into perspective, it has been a scam longer than it has been a game (and calling a slide show with no branching a "game" is already pushing it). There won't be a release ever again, get over it already and stop calling him a "milker", call him a scammer.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
So it turns out fatcat, who our resident shill Tree defended at all costs, is part of the scam. Funny how Tree has been wrong about literally everything, always defending the scam for some odd reason. Next time Tree is oddly defending something, remember how the things he was most defensive about turned out to be true. (...)
I find it very interesting that gumdrop´s "white knight Josh Tree" is silent on that matter, I have not seen a defensive post these last few days. I remember quite well that among the longtimers on the thread there was deep suspicion about fatcat from the start, but esp. after gumdrop denied that the animations were done, when he had already posted excerpts of some of those "non-existing" animations before.
In hindsight it might have been an ooops of our special conman, him having forgotten that he posted some of it before. And the suspicions deepened after fatcat stayed completely silent after gumdrop dropped all responsibility for delays on him. Still Josh defended even the oddities about the whole set-up with gusto.
I am looking forward to see how he will try to twist the situation, if he does so at all.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Jesus, this forum feels like a Jacob's ladder like nightmare that I inevitably end up returning to.

My question about the Christmas Update. Will this be a Christmas that took place BEFORE the already prequel Christmas? Or just a part two, AFTER the fact it's Christmas from last year? Cause I feel that at a certain point, just math wise, you can't argue that the son and daughter character would still be over the age of 18.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Why this game not updated Yet Since 1 Year
if you read öast 2 pages you find out why.

Jesus, this forum feels like a Jacob's ladder like nightmare that I inevitably end up returning to.

My question about the Christmas Update. Will this be a Christmas that took place BEFORE the already prequel Christmas? Or just a part two, AFTER the fact it's Christmas from last year? Cause I feel that at a certain point, just math wise, you can't argue that the son and daughter character would still be over the age of 18.
proper question is: Will there be xmas update not what content it'll have.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So it turns out fatcat, who our resident shill Tree defended at all costs, is part of the scam. Funny how Tree has been wrong about literally everything, always defending the scam for some odd reason. Next time Tree is oddly defending something, remember how the things he was most defensive about turned out to be true. Might be a good time to revisit the idea that the whole scheme is a front for another, possibly illegal, business.

Now the scam is impossible to deny, and people expecting a release or thinking he is just a "milker" (instead of a scammer who has done zero work) will keep being taking advantage of. This is not a game, it hasn't been one for 2 years. To put this into perspective, it has been a scam longer than it has been a game (and calling a slide show with no branching a "game" is already pushing it). There won't be a release ever again, get over it already and stop calling him a "milker", call him a scammer.

So basically you take GD's word for whatever, in regard of FatCat? Defended as in? People claiming he wasn't real and not an animator, that was proven wrong? And he actually was. For whatl we know, Fatcat could be done with whatever work GD did commission. Or GD did commission work at a much later stage than he claimed, whatever. If you going to base your "scam" claim in regard of FatCat on GD's words alone, you really lost your marbles. If you really want to make sure, why don't you contact Fatcat yourself with your accusations? Let me make it simple for you

You really come across as the resident... local village flavor...

There is plenty of VN's on this site that have no branching etc, that get referred to as games. Are you running out of things to pile on top?

Oh and please remind everyone what I spoke up against? C'mon Winter, I'm sure you can manage to summon up some "pizza gate"...

Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017

Now people are being ousted as genuine scammers? Geez, can someone give me a quick TLDR rundown on what we've learned as of late?
There is no TL;DR for this game, and it's developer.

Dual Family is currently in what I like to call the "Animation Saga".

After an 8 month development cycle that began March 2018; Gumdrop promises his FIRST release date on the day of October 9, 2018. Part X's original release was scheduled for JANUARY 25TH, 2019. Gumdrop gives himself a 3 month deadline between the announcement, and the release date. This is his reasoning:

"An absurdly large time cushion slapped on, ensuring if the game is released on a day other than January 25th, it’s BEFORE rather than after".

Some time after this announcement we have a paradigm shift where the development of Dual Family changed from waiting for the rendering of scenes, to the animation of scenes. This is also where we first hear the name "FatCat17", and his alleged collaboration with Gumdrop Games. The "absurdly" timed release date draws nearer, and Part X doesn't seem to be any closer to completion.

Enter "Last Christmas".

This stand alone game that was set before the main story of Dual Family was released Christmas time last year. To me, this is the official start of the "Animation Saga". At the end of this short update, Gumdrop makes the announcement that the original release date of JANUARY 25TH, 2019 will not be met due to the scope of the update. You can read his full explanation here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With a new development cycle being created, and it's previous release date being nixed... Dual Family: Part X finds itself in limbo once more. What follows is a string of development updates that centered around finishing even more renders. An alleged render count of 2803 images. The official completion of scene rendering was made February 25, 2019. In this post Gumdrop claims that: "Now that it’s complete, I’m more than happy to say the worst is over with; post-work won’t be serving the almost year-long sentence its predecessor, scene rendering did". Gumdrop breaks down these post-work tasks into 3 category's: Writing, Composition, and ANIMATION. And, here is where we find ourselves today.

Writing: Allegedly finished on April 28, 2019 in "Part X Dev. Update: Writing Done, Now Ann-E-May-Shun!"

This is where the gaps between dev. updates begin to start. And, not just dev. updates, but posts in general. From April 28, 2019 to July 19th, 2019; there were only 3 posts with only one being a development update.

Which brings us to our SECOND release date from a Development Update posted on July 19, 2019, and where this legacy hits a new bottom: September 10th, 2019. This release date is established, and with it it brings a 50 DAY drought with no information whatsoever. Complete radio silence.

Until the next development update posted on September 7, 2019, whose title could not be anymore perfect:

Final Part X Dev Update! (Sep. 10th Postponed)

In this update Gumdrop claims that Composition is complete, and all we have left for Part X's release is ANIMATION.

This is all the information we have on animations since the SECOND delay:

There are 10 animation sequences in Part X each having between 2-3 camera angles to render each as individual animations. Which brings the number up from 10 to potentially 30 animations. The majority of animations Gumdrop has commissioned from the animator "FatCat17" have been posed. BUT, the majority of animations have NOT been rendered; this includes the final two animations yet to be posed. We know some previous animations had to be re-worked by Gumdrops request. "FatCat17" will not be animating for Gumdrop anymore by early 2020, but has vowed to finish his commissioned work before he quits.

NO RELEASE DATE AVAILABLE.

That small pool of information is all we have. This collaboration has been going on for more than a year, and that is all Gumdrop Games has to show for it. No detailed progress. No release date. No information. The person responsible for this delay is quitting soon. Gumdrop Games shows no signs of urgency, or entertains the idea of alternative measures such as releasing Part X without ANIMATIONS. It's all just "He's not done". It's clear Gumdrop Games is in no hurry of releasing this "Golden Goose" just yet. It seems there is always something in the way.

With all the information given above it seems reasonable to think that Gumdrop is planting the seeds for the next big delay come time for "FatCat17" to change vocations.

That is the TL;DR. All information comes from developer updates that can be found on this very thread. I know that Mods have posted a warning about this game on it's front page, but I really wish they would remove the link to Gumdrop Games' Patreon, and replace it with another warning.

Feb 18, 2018
There is no TL;DR for this game, and it's developer.

Dual Family is currently in what I like to call the "Animation Saga".

After an 8 month development cycle that began March 2018; Gumdrop promises his FIRST release date on the day of October 9, 2018. Part X's original release was scheduled for JANUARY 25TH, 2019. Gumdrop gives himself a 3 month deadline between the announcement, and the release date. This is his reasoning:

"An absurdly large time cushion slapped on, ensuring if the game is released on a day other than January 25th, it’s BEFORE rather than after".

Some time after this announcement we have a paradigm shift where the development of Dual Family changed from waiting for the rendering of scenes, to the animation of scenes. This is also where we first hear the name "FatCat17", and his alleged collaboration with Gumdrop Games. The "absurdly" timed release date draws nearer, and Part X doesn't seem to be any closer to completion.

Enter "Last Christmas".

This stand alone game that was set before the main story of Dual Family was released Christmas time last year. To me, this is the official start of the "Animation Saga". At the end of this short update, Gumdrop makes the announcement that the original release date of JANUARY 25TH, 2019 will not be met due to the scope of the update. You can read his full explanation here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With a new development cycle being created, and it's previous release date being nixed... Dual Family: Part X finds itself in limbo once more. What follows is a string of development updates that centered around finishing even more renders. An alleged render count of 2803 images. The official completion of scene rendering was made February 25, 2019. In this post Gumdrop claims that: "Now that it’s complete, I’m more than happy to say the worst is over with; post-work won’t be serving the almost year-long sentence its predecessor, scene rendering did". Gumdrop breaks down these post-work tasks into 3 category's: Writing, Composition, and ANIMATION. And, here is where we find ourselves today.

Writing: Allegedly finished on April 28, 2019 in "Part X Dev. Update: Writing Done, Now Ann-E-May-Shun!"

This is where the gaps between dev. updates begin to start. And, not just dev. updates, but posts in general. From April 28, 2019 to July 19th, 2019; there were only 3 posts with only one being a development update.

Which brings us to our SECOND release date from a Development Update posted on July 19, 2019, and where this legacy hits a new bottom: September 10th, 2019. This release date is established, and with it it brings a 50 DAY drought with no information whatsoever. Complete radio silence.

Until the next development update posted on September 7, 2019, whose title could not be anymore perfect:

Final Part X Dev Update! (Sep. 10th Postponed)

In this update Gumdrop claims that Composition is complete, and all we have left for Part X's release is ANIMATION.

This is all the information we have on animations since the SECOND delay:

There are 10 animation sequences in Part X each having between 2-3 camera angles to render each as individual animations. Which brings the number up from 10 to potentially 30 animations. The majority of animations Gumdrop has commissioned from the animator "FatCat17" have been posed. BUT, the majority of animations have NOT been rendered; this includes the final two animations yet to be posed. We know some previous animations had to be re-worked by Gumdrops request. "FatCat17" will not be animating for Gumdrop anymore by early 2020, but has vowed to finish his commissioned work before he quits.

NO RELEASE DATE AVAILABLE.

That small pool of information is all we have. This collaboration has been going on for more than a year, and that is all Gumdrop Games has to show for it. No detailed progress. No release date. No information. The person responsible for this delay is quitting soon. Gumdrop Games shows no signs of urgency, or entertains the idea of alternative measures such as releasing Part X without ANIMATIONS. It's all just "He's not done". It's clear Gumdrop Games is in no hurry of releasing this "Golden Goose" just yet. It seems there is always something in the way.

With all the information given above it seems reasonable to think that Gumdrop is planting the seeds for the next big delay come time for "FatCat17" to change vocations.

That is the TL;DR. All information comes from developer updates that can be found on this very thread. I know that Mods have posted a warning about this game on it's front page, but I really wish they would remove the link to Gumdrop Games' Patreon, and replace it with another warning.
Tag this in the OP as the news tldr for the newcomers, please.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes