VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Isn't today postponing day? Pick your excuse:

A) He tried bat soup, not feeling well.
B) FatCat tried bat soup, not feeling well.
C) They both tried bat soup, both unwell.
D) Covid-19 mutated, suddenly affects computers. Hard drives wiped clean.
E) They were sharing bat soup ala Lady and the Tramp and caught something worse

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Oh, prices are falling - before, to open something, to read, you had to pay $ 20.
The funny thing is that people who paid less than $ 20, even after 6 months could not get the latest version of the game.
One is for CE, which is a $20 tier, and one is for RE, which is a $5 tier. And there were posts with updates in February for $1.

If there's one thing you can't actually pin on gumdrop, it's his pricing structure.
- $20 -- news and polls specifically regarding the CE release and HC previews (questionable HC at best)
- $12 -- SC previews
- $5 -- polls regarding the game overall and sample pictures
- $1 -- news

Note that I'm not endorsing gumdrop's business model or his game, I'm only pointing out that $1 news are nothing new.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Zellio this is the 3rd time I've seen you accuse someone of being an alt, and every time you've been wrong. We have IP logs, please stop talking out of your ass.

blackmagic616 - please stop coming to the thread clearly trying to pick fights. You're good at it, and you should be very proud of that as there are so few people like you on the internet :kappa:.

Both of you put the other on ignore because if you have any further arguments on this thread, I'm permanently thread-banning you.

sherif

Oct 1, 2019
is there any chance of continue the game in the future Iam new here and I dont know the story about the game abandoned but the game is very good

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
is there any chance of continue the game in the future
From gumdrop? I don't think so. He set deadlines himself for part X of act I and missed all of them. And by "missed them", I don't mean "the release was a week or two late". No, by "missed them", I mean "the game should have been out about two years ago, but it still isn't".

Is there someone who might pick up where gumdrop left off and release something? Fat chance. Making a game is different from reusing or recreating character models and rendering some lewd scenes with them. For one thing, images would fall under parody or fair use and their creator is not risking copyright infringement. Making a game is a different pair of shoes. Gumdrop holds copyright to his game and the least he will do is a legally binding cease and desist, and I fully expect him to take this matter to court (and use that as an excuse why his game is still delayed).

Iam new here and I dont know the story about the game abandoned
Gumdrop started off pretty well and the game was progressing along just fine in a typical monthly release cycle. He started running into problems around part 6-8 when he missed the first deadline and then pushed out a release by a month, which meant that the first nine parts took over a year to release instead of nine months.
Afterwards, he announced working on part 10 and said it would take two months to finish, but failed to deliver. He started bolting on features (like animations) to explain the delay, but it still shouldn't have taken that long. In the meantime, he released a "Christmas special" prequel episode, but that's it.
Right now, the release date is set for May twenty-something and I recall it's on a weekend, so 23rd or 24th.
I wouldn't hold my breath, and I certainly would throw any money at him, but he might still surprise us and actually release something. Whether it's in May is anyone's guess.

but the game is very good
Why don't you have a look around? There are other games, many of which are supposedly better than this one. People have been throwing around various titles.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Doublefrost

Jun 29, 2017
Gumdrop got close to the incest content that was the entire premise of the game and chickened out, but realized the money was soooooo sweet and wanted to keep collecting from suckers until they figured out that it was never getting another update and canceled their patreon support. See it all the time with games like this.

Reactions: Jack-ish
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes