VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I'm sure there's a good explanation for all this. Oh, I know! Gumdrop is working on all subsequent parts, too. He's been working on Act II and Act III all that time and as soon as he releases Act I Part X, he'll drop all the remaining 20 parts at once.

• Haha
Reactions: Edrick23
Jan 9, 2019
So many people love saying scam this, scam that, making memes, etc. when others like me are here checking for actual updates. Whether those updates come to fruition or not we will see, and hopefully they will. If not, life goes on. But so many flak messages, it's tough to find the legit ones. So thank you RenegadeRedemption for the most recent update (2 pages back).
There are no updates and there have been no updates for over 2.5 years. You just want to be lied to in perpetuity by a scammer: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851

This is a scam, no matter how much it bothers you. That's why people call it a scam.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
So many people love saying scam this, scam that, making memes, etc. when others like me are here checking for actual updates. Whether those updates come to fruition or not we will see, and hopefully they will. If not, life goes on. But so many flak messages, it's tough to find the legit ones. So thank you RenegadeRedemption for the most recent update (2 pages back).
Until and unless there is an update, there's fundamentally no difference and it functionally doesn't change anything for us whether it's a scam or a hopeless delay.

If you supported his campaign, it's a slightly different matter. Legally, and considering boundaries established by Patreon and Steam, Gumdrop is in the clear. He never sold preorders, with or without benefits, you were never told you need to pledge in a specific time window to obtain a release on a specific date and/or at a lower price, so you cannot argue that you were misled to pledge money to him. His welcome message is devoid of promises as well, you literally get what you pay for, which is existing content, no more, no less, with no promise of quality or suitability.

After Gumdrop was banned twice on Patreon, he rewrote a huge portion of his game (that was the original cause for the delay of part X, and actually the only one where he can be excused for missing the deadline) and his campaign was impervious to any later reports of prohibited content (we know one of posters here reported Gumdrop in February and another one said he would do it in May), so he's been careful to not step on their toes.

If he releases part X, it still doesn't make him innocent of taking money from patrons, possibly in bad faith (meaning he had no intention of releasing part X until he was very strongly pressed), and it won't end accusations of scam (he only released it to placate his fanbase). But as long as he doesn't release part X, even if he's technically not doing anything wrong, it's still wrong.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Until and unless there is an update, there's fundamentally no difference and it functionally doesn't change anything for us whether it's a scam or a hopeless delay.

If you supported his campaign, it's a slightly different matter. Legally, and considering boundaries established by Patreon and Steam, Gumdrop is in the clear. He never sold preorders, with or without benefits, you were never told you need to pledge in a specific time window to obtain a release on a specific date and/or at a lower price, so you cannot argue that you were misled to pledge money to him. His welcome message is devoid of promises as well, you literally get what you pay for, which is existing content, no more, no less, with no promise of quality or suitability.

After Gumdrop was banned twice on Patreon, he rewrote a huge portion of his game (that was the original cause for the delay of part X, and actually the only one where he can be excused for missing the deadline) and his campaign was impervious to any later reports of prohibited content (we know one of posters here reported Gumdrop in February and another one said he would do it in May), so he's been careful to not step on their toes.

If he releases part X, it still doesn't make him innocent of taking money from patrons, possibly in bad faith (meaning he had no intention of releasing part X until he was very strongly pressed), and it won't end accusations of scam (he only released it to placate his fanbase). But as long as he doesn't release part X, even if he's technically not doing anything wrong, it's still wrong.
He's very much doing wrong things. He has repeatedly misled those donating money. Repeated broken release dates. I'm shocked he was ever banned since there is literally no sex in the game.

Reactions: User1230

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
September 2019 he publicly announced that he already starting the ACT II but try to ask him in his discord channel on this bcos its 1 year since then, his cohorts will push you back in an instant.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
"I think the family works better if they're located in the southern hemisphere. I'm just unsure whether to make them Aussie or Kiwi. Could you help me with the decision? Should I place the family in:
- Australia
- New Zealand"

And after the poll closes, he'll announce that the game will be appropriately ready end of summer, southern hemisphere, which is in March.

Aug 8, 2017
What is the comic that appears in your avatar?
have never been 100% certain who original Artist was.. found it forever ago and just kept it around to ogle from time to time.
best bet though.. search out "munioworld" (if memory serves) ... you will find similar if not the exact image in there someplace. (there's actually more to it.. mine is cropped)
Be Forewarned though.. I recall that most of the art is 'golden', so if that bugs you, tread carefully. If not, then have fun.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes