VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Do not continue with the same thing here now or I will be forced to ask for moderation again
Good, less coverage he has here the less people he can scam next time arround.
Btw their was absolutelty no reason to fully close a thread.. ;) Btw instead locking it should have been better to be fully removed.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
I really dont know whats Gumdrop thinking. His old work are fine and he dont like it and redo it twice and the end product is so freaking bad.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
From Dual Family X OP: "The story picks up right after dual family"

I've never played Dual Family, because of the [abandoned] tag.
Was there an actual completed version with a proper ending after all?
Or does Dual Family X just pick up after whatever point the story was at at time of abandonement? :unsure:
No Dual Family was never completed. What this means is the part in the new game where it discusses their world dying and a new world being born. The world of DF is gone. The new DFX continuity replaces it. It's not really a continuation honestly it's a reboot.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
No Dual Family was never completed. What this means is the part in the new game where it discusses their world dying and a new world being born. The world of DF is gone. The new DFX continuity replaces it. It's not really a continuation honestly it's a reboot.
I see, thank you! :)

Reactions: ImmortalNight

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
If Gumdrop wanted to "Make it right" and repair his reputation to continue with game development here is what he would need to do in my book.

1) Offer a full refund to anyone who supported him over the past 3 years.
2) Make a sincere apology for all of the fraud and lying.
3) Stop missing self imposed deadlines. He has missed many.
4) Release actual content. No more little teasers and piano simulators. I'm talking 500+ actual renders with scenes with characters talking and doing stuff that a normal game does. No sword fighting and asking questions about colors ect.
5) If work stops in the future for any reason than patreon goes on pause until work starts up again

If he can do these 5 things then he would repair his reputation, and I'd even stick up for the guy, but it's never going to happen.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
OMG! I think it's going to be different this time. I can feel it! Scamdrop has changed at the core and is now a better person who is genuinely going to do his faithful patrons right and deliver that game we've been waiting for for years. I'm so excited after playing the prologue and part 1 that I'm immediately going to start subscribing again, paying $40/month :ROFLMAO:
NOT! :ROFLMAO:

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
If Gumdrop wanted to "Make it right" and repair his reputation to continue with game development here is what he would need to do in my book.

1) Offer a full refund to anyone who supported him over the past 3 years.
2) Make a sincere apology for all of the fraud and lying.
3) Stop missing self imposed deadlines. He has missed many.
4) Release actual content. No more little teasers and piano simulators. I'm talking 500+ actual renders with scenes with characters talking and doing stuff that a normal game does. No sword fighting and asking questions about colors ect.
5) If work stops in the future for any reason than patreon goes on pause until work starts up again

If he can do these 5 things then he would repair his reputation, and I'd even stick up for the guy, but it's never going to happen.
wonder if he will doing point 1 after 3 years who know the money go to where....
That's why we can not love some develop before the game end like MC.

some people still bashing but some people also still on his patreon.
If u have some money for donating development choise carefuly.

Reactions: yihman1

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
you stuck in the loop. you need to answer the questions right and fast to progress.
i think it is yellow, blue, green, red
then quickly II, IV, VI, VIII
then yes, yes, yes, yes
and again yes, yes, yes, love
not sure about the last 2 lines
all very quick
You missed the X on number sequence. The 1st and 2nd sequences are pretty intuitive, but the last two must be "Yes" to all (or the left answer for non-Yes/No questions), or else you restart the battle.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I don't think this thread here had literally any bearing on what Gumdrop did. To him, we're simply beneath him. We're not paying, he doesn't have to even acknowledge our existence let alone respond to us or the points we make.

He may be aware of what's going on in this thread, he might even be following it, but I don't see why he would respond to our words here.

His patrons may be more aware of this discussion. They may have taken some salient points to Gumdrop and demanded him to answer. But in a way, those arguments simply took a life of their own and got delivered. They're not exclusive to us, others can make them just as well, if not as articulate as some members here can be.

I don't think Gumdrop thinks of himself as a scammer running a Patreon campaign to swindle people out of their money.
Sure, to everyone with half a wit, he's an entitled prick that apparently believes that the pinups he uploaded justify the dues he's been getting.
However, he also handed out free subscriptions, meaning he's also aware he dragged his feet for way too long. I still think he doesn't deserve a get out of jail card for this, but it's a step in the right direction (however worthless the free subscription is).

I'm sure he doesn't consider his actions as illegal, immoral or even inappropriate. And before anyone suggests that all criminals think they're not, no they don't. Most are aware that they're committing crimes. It's just that a lot of them seek validation and try to justify their actions, but it's precisely because they're aware they're criminals.

I don't think any of us have a horse in this race. I follow it for the drama and out of morbid curiosity of what's going to happen next.

So he "delivered". There exists an update, I just unpacked it to check out the CGI, and didn't bother to play it, so I don't have an opinion, and I have no idea if his patrons believe that it was worth it.

I suppose this update gives his patrons a tiny sliver of hope that something is going to come out in two months and later in July so they didn't feel scammed.

But one release doesn't prove anything just yet.

He collected way too much money for way too long and delivered something that needed less than 1% of the budget it had and should have taken at most two months, not over two years.
Also, it's his team that delivered it. I have no idea if they actually complete part II and III on time. If his team has a good work ethic, then they will, while Gumdrop gets the credit.

I suppose I should be happy for the people who feel they got their money's worth.

But it makes me livid because it siphons money away from a system that should reward hard working creators who don't get the attention they deserve. A lot of celebrity creators will think that this behavior is acceptable and justifiable. Gumdrop became a role model to other developers to take regular breaks from delivering content and milk it for all it's worth. Gumdrop took all that's bad with crowdfunding and condenses it into one Patreon campaign.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I don't think this thread here had literally any bearing on what Gumdrop did. To him, we're simply beneath him. We're not paying, he doesn't have to even acknowledge our existence let alone respond to us or the points we make.
he prolly did when this came out since later he got banned.

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
but it is for people like me who supported him before then stumbled upon this site and thread

Reactions: Gr8Dumper

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
but it is for people like me who supported him before then stumbled upon this site and thread
Okay, so I was wrong about this:
I don't think any of us have a horse in this race. I follow it for the drama and out of morbid curiosity of what's going to happen next.
Sorry for that, I guess. It would really be great if more people looked at other tales of development hell. Gumdrop is far from being the only offender, but is perhaps the most glaring example.

It's simply too bad too few people woke up to that reality yet.

Reactions: Gr8Dumper

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Just to add. It's already the first of March in the entire world. So how the fuck is that possible?
1614614765122.png
Just gonna leave that here. Smh.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes