HTML Dune – Breeding a Dynasty [v0.1.1] [lmno]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Should we change the artstyle to the new version posted [here](/post-12150541)?

• I don't like either, but the old style is better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

00M0R1

Mar 29, 2020
looks very interesting. I will check it out when breeding part is getting realized

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Something that I wanted to ask lmno (that is, if he doesn't mind answering it);

As of Chapter 1, there are 11 renders done by AI and you (okay, technically it's actually 14, if we counts the bath masturbation scene alternate choices of Chani or Irulan, & the game over Bad Ending, but I'm just assuming a single playthrough with no game over) which can be unlocked in the gallery.

Will this number range of renders per chapter remain fixed (for e.g. always 15 or less renders per chapter) or do you find yourself increasing this range depending on the point of the story?
For instance, where player's Paul starts having sex with Lady Jessica (or any LI for that matter), instead of the normal 15 or less renders in that chapter, I'm actually hoping it will be more like 20~25 (or even more? One can only hope, heh) renders for such chapter, given there would be a lot of money shots. :BootyTime:

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Something that I wanted to ask lmno (that is, if he doesn't mind answering it);

As of Chapter 1, there are 11 renders done by AI and you (okay, technically it's actually 14, if we counts the bath masturbation scene alternate choices of Chani or Irulan, & the game over Bad Ending, but I'm just assuming a single playthrough with no game over) which can be unlocked in the gallery.

Will this number range of renders per chapter remain fixed (for e.g. always 15 or less renders per chapter) or do you find yourself increasing this range depending on the point of the story?
For instance, where player's Paul starts having sex with Lady Jessica (or any LI for that matter), instead of the normal 15 or less renders in that chapter, I'm actually hoping it will be more like 20~25 (or even more? One can only hope, heh) renders for such chapter, given there would be a lot of money shots. :BootyTime:
The number of images will depend on the chapter contents, there is no limit beyond that

drunkthrophywife

Jan 29, 2018
Hi imno and reynold, your usage of aicg is amazing. How do you make it so the renders/models are this good looking and same-ish? Is it prompt based? for ex. does lady jessica have a prompt that when you put it in the ai generator it spews out the exact same model?
also love the game, incest is my shit and dunes my favourite ip, so please dont stop making this game. love you.

Steindall

Jan 17, 2018
As a fan of Dune I was pleasantly surprised in the exposition of the universes lore and the good use of the ai art. It was a nice experience, except the last part. I was reluctant to play after reading the devs comments and sadly I was right.

Belphegor

May 23, 2017
As a fan of Dune I was pleasantly surprised in the exposition of the universes lore and the good use of the ai art. It was a nice experience, except the last part. I was reluctant to play after reading the devs comments and sadly I was right.
which part? can you detail what was the problem for you?

Steindall

Jan 17, 2018
The depiction (pictures) of Jessicas past. No, its not ntr, but I didnt like it. That plus a bad end in a game with barely any sex content it is quite concerning. It gives the impression that that type of content will be predominant in the game.

Dummy256

Jan 28, 2018
Why is it Duncan Idaho training Paul? In book it was Gurney Halleck. If anything, Idaho played very minor role and was killed during Harkonnen attack on Arrakis.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The depiction (pictures) of Jessicas past. No, its not ntr, but I didnt like it. That plus a bad end in a game with barely any sex content it is quite concerning. It gives the impression that that type of content will be predominant in the game.
I mean, with Lady Jessica's past at least it's not just mindless sex scene just for the sake of it with it giving reasoning of Bene Gesserit "training" Jessica for her concubine role.
And the point was showing Paul vision of his mother's training when she was young; hence Jessica having sex with others would have been inevitable with that part.

So I do think the whole feeling of uncomfortable with those past vision scenes of Jessica is intentional from the devs' end (for instance, the text says even Paul feels "agitated. angry" upon seeing those visions ).

As for the Bad Ending, well it leaves me scratching my head a bit as to why you'd think that's an issue.
The choice was so obvious that for players who wants to avoid the Bad Ending, they can just choose "Resist"
Sure, there's what happens to Jessica in that ending (if the player decides to view it), but does it even really matter given in that Bad Ending, MC (Paul) is dead? Surely you didn't think Jessica would be safe, with MC's death?

Why is it Duncan Idaho training Paul? In book it was Gurney Halleck. If anything, Idaho played very minor role and was killed during Harkonnen attack on Arrakis.
Haven't read the book, and only watched the film.
But having said that, the devs said that this is an adaptation of the book.
That doesn't mean they'll follow page by page of every beat of the source material, and I'd imagine they'll take some creative liberties to fit their game better.
Having said that, I'd say as long as they respect the source material enough (which I'm getting the feeling they are, those who read the books would know better than me lol), some creative liberties are fine.

p.s. if you're interested in Gurney Halleck, give reynold's "Programmed to Breed" (in OP, link under Dev notes) a read.
That first chapter of his fanfic has some Gurney scenes in it that you might like.

Reactions: Arnav Dasari

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
The young Jessica scene was supposed to be shocking, that is the whole point of the scene. Don't worry too much as events like those are only setting up the plot of the rest of the game, this will very much be a Paul centric game/story.

The bad end is pretty trivial as it doesn't even lock you out of the rest of the game, just select "that was just prescience" and you return to before the scene. I don't quite see the problem.

Reactions: Arnav Dasari

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
The the sake of the game I decided to kinda merge the roles of Gurney and Duncan. Reynold's story on ao3 does not merge them and has them a separate characters so please give it a read (link in the notes).

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hi imno and reynold, your usage of aicg is amazing. How do you make it so the renders/models are this good looking and same-ish? Is it prompt based? for ex. does lady jessica have a prompt that when you put it in the ai generator it spews out the exact same model?
also love the game, incest is my shit and dunes my favourite ip, so please dont stop making this game. love you.
Yes it's mostly prompt based with some editing in photoshop.

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Well it looks like that poll was one-sided! Thanks for voting everyone, please check out the updated OP for the new (minor) update!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well it looks like that poll was one-sided! Thanks for voting everyone, please check out the updated OP for the new (minor) update!
Blue really fits Jessica's dialogue in terms of being color-coded.
Can you reveal what color each of other characters will have?

Also, is it just the LIs getting color coded dialogue, or will male characters get color-coded dialogue too?

drunkthrophywife

Jan 29, 2018
Yes it's mostly prompt based with some editing in photoshop.
What kind of ai generator do you use? and would you mind sending me a example of the prompt? ive been looking to experiment with this tech, but i have no idea where to start. Im not gonna copy or steal from you, yours is the most consistent from what ive seen so far. Thank you. Sending an imaginary blowjob your way.

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Blue really fits Jessica's dialogue in terms of being color-coded.
Can you reveal what color each of other characters will have?

Also, is it just the LIs getting color coded dialogue, or will male characters get color-coded dialogue too?
All characters, check the new download links and check it out for yourself!

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
What kind of ai generator do you use? and would you mind sending me a example of the prompt? ive been looking to experiment with this tech, but i have no idea where to start. Im not gonna copy or steal from you, yours is the most consistent from what ive seen so far. Thank you. Sending an imaginary blowjob your way.
I won't send you the prompts but I am using stable diffusion locally hosted with a custom model

• Red Heart
Reactions: drunkthrophywife
Dec 11, 2018
I have a feeling you don't like non-consensual stuff? I can't hold that against you. But bad things happen in the universe. There has to be something for the player to fight against. Or is it just a dislike for non-MC-centered sex? Whatever the case may be, that type of content won't be predominant. This game is supposed to be about breeding and incest first and foremost. This chapter was an introduction of the story, but also a bit of a testbed for what we can do with the engine. And a gameover was something we wanted to try. There will be more of those in the future, but they won't necessarily all contain women getting gangbanged by the bad guys.

Those characters are too similar and not important enough on their own for both to be included. One can fulfill the roles of both for the purposes of this game. This means less work for us and less repetetive dialogue. We use Duncan instead of Gurney, because Duncan will be important in Dune Messiah and onwards.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have a feeling you don't like non-consensual stuff? I can't hold that against you. But bad things happen in the universe. There has to be something for the player to fight against. Or is it just a dislike for non-MC-centered sex? Whatever the case may be, that type of content won't be predominant. This game is supposed to be about breeding and incest first and foremost. This chapter was an introduction of the story, but also a bit of a testbed for what we can do with the engine. And a gameover was something we wanted to try. There will be more of those in the future, but they won't necessarily all contain women getting gangbanged by the bad guys.

Those characters are too similar and not important enough on their own for both to be included. One can fulfill the roles of both for the purposes of this game. This means less work for us and less repetetive dialogue. We use Duncan instead of Gurney, because Duncan will be important in Dune Messiah and onwards.
Something else I wanted to ask about the game;

Currently, choices in this chapter 1 are which girl that player's Paul masturbates off to in his bath, and Resist or Give in (Bad Ending) in terms of Reverend Mother's test.

Will there be in the future, choices given which impacts how LIs think about Paul, which increases or decreases affection?

For example, let's hypothetically say that Paul and Lady Jessica met Chani, Stilgar and the Fremens.
Chani proposes one plan, and Lady Jessica proposes another plan (both achieving same ends, but alternate approaches, and have slightly differing consequences?), and they both look to Paul to decide which one to go through with.
And the one's plan that player's Paul chooses, that LI's affection increases.

Though I'm not even sure above sort of structure is even applicable, unless there is a LP (love points) system set for each LIs.

Reactions: reynold.biplane
4.50 star(s) 10 Votes