HTML Dune – Breeding a Dynasty [v0.1.1] [lmno]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Should we change the artstyle to the new version posted [here](/post-12150541)?

• I don't like either, but the old style is better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 11, 2018
Something else I wanted to ask about the game;
Disposition of NPCs, "love points" or whatever one may call them is something we are currently discussing. Our current standpoint is, that we won't use that. The way I see it, this game is heavily story driven and the progress of the romance with Jessica in particular will be almost directly tied to the main story (arguably, it IS the main story). Disposition could exist for side characters, but I think it should exist for all characters or for none. There are other ways to gate progress with particular characters. As for the choices thing, this could still happen, but realized differently. I'm thinking of more immediate consequences, like the choice results in one scene or another or perhaps even a short split in the storyline.
But these are just musings at this point, no concrete ideas. We are only just beginning work on the next chapter.

how much loli is in this game ?
Only 2 pictures so far. And according to the exact reading of the F95 rules (pre-pubescent characters), there is zero actually.
There will be more in the future, a whole lot more once Alia appears.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Disposition of NPCs, "love points" or whatever one may call them is something we are currently discussing. Our current standpoint is, that we won't use that. The way I see it, this game is heavily story driven and the progress of the romance with Jessica in particular will be almost directly tied to the main story (arguably, it IS the main story). Disposition could exist for side characters, but I think it should exist for all characters or for none. There are other ways to gate progress with particular characters. As for the choices thing, this could still happen, but realized differently. I'm thinking of more immediate consequences, like the choice results in one scene or another or perhaps even a short split in the storyline.
But these are just musings at this point, no concrete ideas. We are only just beginning work on the next chapter.

Only 2 pictures so far. And according to the exact reading of the F95 rules (pre-pubescent characters), there is zero actually.
Thanks for the reply.
My follow-up question is for lmno (since arts is more of his responsibility) but I think I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it also.

Regarding characters, will they get attire changes?
Not naming any devs in particular, but for some games I found them having the LIs wear the exact same clothing throughout almost entire (if not whole entire) run of the game.
Such aspect, I do find myself be pulled out of the immersion a bit (seeing characters wear same clothes all the time).

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Jessica might get a change of attire when she joins the Fremens with Paul after the Harkonnen attack (for story based reasons; adapt to the new environment and all).

But even before that event, given there will be decent amount of time that House Atriedes spends on Arrakis, could it be possible that characters like Lady Jessica; and Reverend Mother, if she sticks around on Arrakis or visits again as well as other possible female characters, get a change of attires?
Not saying she needs a change for every single chapter, but it might be refreshing to see something new on her and others after every couple of chapters (though for Jessica, I guess even if she wears something else, I'd be keen to see her continue with the blue color scheme. It just seems like that color is tailored just for her).

Reactions: Arnav Dasari

Nero the Bard

Oct 15, 2020

awsome what kind of charekter will she have ?
more dominat or kind ?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
DuneBreedingADynasty-0.1.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

Jan 29, 2018
Pourquoi Duncan Idaho forme-t-il Paul? Dans le livre, c’était Gurney Halleck. Au contraire, l’Idaho a joué un rôle très mineur et a été tué lors de l’attaque de Harkonnen sur Arrakis.
[/CITATION]
Dans la saga de Dune (écrit par Franck Herbert) mais aussi dans les « avant Dune » et « Après Dune (écrit par Brian Herbert et Kevin J. Anderson), Paul est éduqué par un Menta (Thufir Hawat), un guerrier (Gurney Halleck), un Maitre d’arme (Duncan Idaho), une Béné Gesserit (sa mere), un docteur de l’école Suk (Wellingtone Yueh).
Pour info, Paul considère Gurney et Duncan comme ses amis mais il a, semble t-il, une plus grande amitié encore pour Duncan.
Et enfin, Duncan est LE personnage que l’on retrouve tout au long de la saga original et même dans sa conclusion !

In the Dune saga (written by Franck Herbert), but also in the "Before Dune" and "After Dune" (written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson), Paul is educated by a Menta (Thufir Hawat), a warrior (Gurney Halleck), a Master-at-Arms (Duncan Idaho), a Bene Gesserit (his mother), a doctor from the Suk school (Wellingtone Yueh).
For the record, Paul considers Gurney and Duncan his friends, but he seems to have an even greater friendship with Duncan.
And last but not least, Duncan is THE character to be found throughout the original saga and even in its conclusion!

WardenPlaysz

Nov 4, 2020
This looks good so far, will put this on my "ones to watch". i know things take time, but part of me hopes it wont take years to complete like most games on here that never really finish.

Reactions: reynold.biplane

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
My follow-up question is for lmno (since arts is more of his responsibility) but I think I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it also.

Regarding characters, will they get attire changes?
Not naming any devs in particular, but for some games I found them having the LIs wear the exact same clothing throughout almost entire (if not whole entire) run of the game.
Such aspect, I do find myself be pulled out of the immersion a bit (seeing characters wear same clothes all the time).

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Jessica might get a change of attire when she joins the Fremens with Paul after the Harkonnen attack (for story based reasons; adapt to the new environment and all).

But even before that event, given there will be decent amount of time that House Atriedes spends on Arrakis, could it be possible that characters like Lady Jessica; and Reverend Mother, if she sticks around on Arrakis or visits again as well as other possible female characters, get a change of attires?
Not saying she needs a change for every single chapter, but it might be refreshing to see something new on her and others after every couple of chapters (though for Jessica, I guess even if she wears something else, I'd be keen to see her continue with the blue color scheme. It just seems like that color is tailored just for her).
Costume changes and new outfits are planned, yes

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
This one question is for reynold.biplane, and it's about "The voice."
Given it's the ability that we see couple of characters use (Paul, and not to mention Bene Gesserit sisters), I'm guessing some instances of ability being used is unavoidable especially if it's for story reasoning.

But otherwise, will there be situations where player's Paul is given choice as to whether he uses the voice or not (and with differing consequence/reactions)?

For instance, with a character like Reverend Mother, I guess I wouldn't mind using the full power of the voice on her at least once (to giver her a taste of her own medicine, heh), but other characters like Lady Jessica, Chani, etc, I'd not be keen on using that power on them (if the choice is given, I'd not use the power on Jessica at all. But if we have to use it? Well, would prefer at the very least given the choice to not abuse it).

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018
awsome what kind of charekter will she have ?
more dominat or kind ?

For the record, Paul considers Gurney and Duncan his friends, but he seems to have an even greater friendship with Duncan.
And last but not least, Duncan is THE character to be found throughout the original saga and even in its conclusion!
You are misremembering this. It's the other way around: Paul considers Gurney his closest friend. But then for some reason in Dune Messiah, Gurney gets left on Arrakis, never to be seen again.

This one question is for reynold.biplane, and it's about "The voice."
Given it's the ability that we see couple of characters use (Paul, and not to mention Bene Gesserit sisters), I'm guessing some instances of ability being used is unavoidable especially if it's for story reasoning.

But otherwise, will there be situations where player's Paul is given choice as to whether he uses the voice or not (and with differing consequence/reactions)?

For instance, with a character like Reverend Mother, I guess I wouldn't mind using the full power of the voice on her at least once (to giver her a taste of her own medicine, heh), but other characters like Lady Jessica, Chani, etc, I'd not be keen on using that power on them (if the choice is given, I'd not use the power on Jessica at all. But if we have to use it? Well, would prefer at the very least given the choice to not abuse it).

Jan 29, 2018
You are misremembering this. It's the other way around: Paul considers Gurney his closest friend. But then for some reason in Dune Messiah, Gurney gets left on Arrakis, never to be seen again.
Oui possible aussi. De toute façon, Paul a des liens très fort avec Gurney et Duncan. Je pense que se serai un débat sans fin pour savoir qui est son meilleur ami...
Quant à Gurney, il est nommé conte de Caladan lorsque Paul devient empereur et des rumeurs circulent que lui et dame Jessica serai amant (dans "les enfants de Dune" il me semble...

Yes, that's possible too. Anyway, Paul has very strong links with Gurney and Duncan. I think it would be a never-ending debate as to who is his best friend...
As for Gurney, he was appointed Count of Caladan when Paul became Emperor, and there are rumors that he and Lady Jessica were lovers (in "Children of Dune", I think...).

Jan 14, 2023
Tell me you've not read the entire series in a single sentence, why don't you?

But not expecting anything clever or genre breaking, sadly. Probably slap "blonde USA teenager braces high-school" into the AI and be done with it.

Dune > Dune Messiah -- Gurney is alive and likely serving as an Atreides warmaster in the Jihad. After that he retires to Callidan with Jessica. He only visits Arrakis at key points, notably: Paul's death. Given the Alia issue, Jessica / Gurney stay well clear of the planet and he leaves Arrakis with Jessica after the funeral (since, you know, not wanting to become Alia fodder). The time jump between Dune > Dune Messiah > Children of Dune is at least 20-30 years and he was fairly old at the end of Dune, even given spice use.

Later on (Children of Dune), Gurney returns to Arrakis and inflitrates Sietch Jacurutu where Leto II is being held captive, largely because Jessica fears he has fallen to abomination like his Aunt. He manipulates them into putting Leto II through the water of Life / spice ritual, which Leto II aces and then escapes into the desert and starts the Golden Path.

Gurney most likely dies of old age in the time jump that comes between Children and the next book ( It is like 2000+ years) or dies in Jacurutu after Leto has escaped, since it's not exactly a happy-fun-time place to spend your days in. He is not made into a Ghola, and anything written by Frank's son is non-canon and utter trash.

Fun fact: as a character he is used to instigate Leto II into the Golden Path because as one of Paul's oldest friends, he is effectively sacrificing his life (Jacurutu being a hard place to survive even by Fremen standards) to put his old friend's child onto the Path that his friend turned away from and thus everyone got Jihad instead. This is why he is written back into the story at this point and why he fades out (his role is literally "done"). To spell it out: he book-ends the Final End of Paul (Messiah - Jihad - Blind Prophet) and heralds the start of the next phase (Golden Path).

Yes, F. Herbert was smart and yes, I do know too much about Dune. If you're gonna make pr0n out of it, at least have read the base materials.[1]

~

As a serious critique, your AI training set has misplaced the vulva upwards by about five inches, it's now part of her belly-button, apparently [this comes from training on anime / hentai where 90% of the artists don't even know human biology, fyi, as a serious note to Devs using this tech].

[1] There's even a specific quotation from the books about breast size, and the less we say about the ultra-thin-cat-ladies from book V-VI the better. Spoiler: they beat the UTTER SHIT out of the Bene Gesserit. Yes, Dune did Catgirl pr0n before you were born. Deal with it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin
Dec 11, 2018
Tell me you've not read the entire series in a single sentence, why don't you?
What part of what I said brings you to that conclusion? I haven't read the entire series. Only the initial trilogy + God Emperor of Dune. That should be enough, since we're not planning to go beyond Children of Dune.

But not expecting anything clever or genre breaking, sadly. Probably slap "blonde USA teenager braces high-school" into the AI and be done with it.
It's not easy finding the right balance between creating enjoyable wank fodder and creating a faithful adaptation. When in doubt, we will likely err on the side of the former. That being said, the Baron happens to be one of my favourite characters and his possession of Alia will not simply be glossed over.
We have already settled on a model for Alia. Not blonde and no braces, but a conventionally attractive teenager. I don't know what else you'd expect.

Dune > Dune Messiah -- Gurney is alive and likely serving as an Atreides warmaster in the Jihad. After that he retires to Callidan with Jessica. He only visits Arrakis at key points,
I am well aware of what happened to Gurney. I wasn't questioning his whereabouts, but the reasoning for putting him there. Frank Herbert clearly enjoyed writing Gurney and I find it strange, that he effectively wrote him out of the story for the duration of Messiah.

As a serious critique, your AI training set has misplaced the vulva upwards by about five inches, it's now part of her belly-button, apparently [this comes from training on anime / hentai where 90% of the artists don't even know human biology, fyi, as a serious note to Devs using this tech].
This seems like a gross exaggeration to me. Please point out the relevant picture(s).

Jan 14, 2023
I am well aware of what happened to Gurney. I wasn't questioning his whereabouts, but the reasoning for putting him there. Frank Herbert clearly enjoyed writing Gurney and I find it strange, that he effectively wrote him out of the story for the duration of Messiah.
Paul ceased to "be in Dune" at the end of Dune. Nuance. That's why... the whole Blind Prophet thing happened. You get that he literally embraced the Stone Burner to blind himself to the Future (and more Jihad), right? Paul Atreides is not in the 2nd book, or the 3rd: that's the point.

Feel free to ask away about Dune, I really do know my theory.

This seems like a gross exaggeration to me. Please point out the relevant picture(s).

Sorry mate, your AI is shite.

That's *AT LEAST* 5-6" too high, ignores basic stuff like Pubic bone, Urethra and hips and so on.

It's fine to admit your AI was trained on pig-shit ignorant Anime crap (specifically Japanese in this case), the measure of art is fucking fixing it.[1]

<<really good 3d model to use as a reference point.

The pubis bone denotes where openings are: spoiler, the hip bones and it form a triangle where the pubis exit point is AT THE BOTTOM.

Here is a 20 second paint rendering of where things *should be* (the green is your hip sockets, the yellow is the pubis triangle): note, the clitoral hood is the only thing you'll see peaking out in this pose as it is at the top of the pubic bone (roughly north edge of yellow cube). You **CAN** do the forward leg / back leg spread, but a) not with the knee under the back leg and b) her entire position needs to be -90oC (or 270oC) and spread and c) your're still not going to see "the entire V".

It's a total nonsense AI jumble.

But hey: use AI and you never have to learn how to draw!

[1] If you want specifics, to get that view, both hips have to be *above* the plane of viewing, i.e. legs akimbo, in the air, spread. This is basic fucking biology.

Last edited:

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Paul ceased to "be in Dune" at the end of Dune. Nuance. That's why... the whole Blind Prophet thing happened. You get that he literally embraced the Stone Burner to blind himself to the Future (and more Jihad), right? Paul Atreides is not in the 2nd book, or the 3rd: that's the point.

Feel free to ask away about Dune, I really do know my theory.

Sorry mate, your AI is shite.

That's *AT LEAST* 5-6" too high, ignores basic stuff like Pubic bone, Urethra and hips and so on.

It's fine to admit your AI was trained on pig-shit ignorant Anime crap (specifically Japanese in this case), the measure of art is fucking fixing it.[1]

<<really good 3d model to use as a reference point.

The pubis bone denotes where openings are: spoiler, the hip bones and it form a triangle where the pubis exit point is AT THE BOTTOM.

Here is a 20 second paint rendering of where things *should be* (the green is your hip sockets, the yellow is the pubis triangle): note, the clitoral hood is the only thing you'll see peaking out in this pose as it is at the top of the pubic bone (roughly north edge of yellow cube). You **CAN** do the forward leg / back leg spread, but a) not with the knee under the back leg and b) her entire position needs to be -90oC (or 270oC) and spread and c) your're still not going to see "the entire V".

It's a total nonsense AI jumble.

[1] If you want specifics, to get that view, both hips have to be *above* the plane of viewing, i.e. legs akimbo, in the air, spread. This is basic fucking biology.
I'm sorry that our FREE GAME is not appealing to your autism. If you don't like it, play something else rather than being a cunt in this thread.

Dec 11, 2018
Why are you comparing two completely different characters though? One doesn't have to do with the other. Paul being absent is important to the story. Gurney isn't an important character in either of the books. His absence is just a preference by the author, and that is what I was wondering about. You don't have to give me a lecture on Dune lore.

Upload images directly to F95. They don't like images linked from other sites.

That's the whole point, isn't it?
The options here are that either me or lmno start to learn how to draw and then the game will have shit amateurish real hand drawn art or we delay the development of the game by several years, until either of us has gotten halfway good at drawing.
Or hire an artist, but they don't work for free. And we aren't willing to part with our money for this game, that we are making in our free time, as a hobby.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Upload images directly to F95. They don't like images linked from other sites.
:unsure: Kinda weird that both images he linked comes up as "does not exist or no longer available" on my phone, whereas on my PC the first image link comes up fine (but not the second).

In case you're in the former and didn't know which image he was talking about, this is the image he was referring to (as for his first image link);

That being said, the Baron happens to be one of my favourite characters and his possession of Alia will not simply be glossed over.
Heard about that from couple of my mutuals (though didn't get the detailed info).
I'm not saying the possession aspect of the story should be removed from the story itself (given it's a part of the books), but would there be an option to mitigate it in terms of Alia and MC scenes, i.e. making it much dependent on player's choices?

Personally I'd much prefer my LIs be in their right mind when in comes to lewd/sexual acts with my MC.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 10 Votes