Kalkrion

Feb 27, 2019
So simple stuff if anything, more like quick bit if anything, but Dungeon Days will largely if not entirely be a kinetic novel.
It was a good ride, but I guess this is where I get off. Genuinely no shade, I loved how much I played, but kinetic novels have never been enjoyable to me. Thanks for the transparency LordHybrid, I would have hated to follow this for long enough that I grew resentful when I realized it was a kinetic novel.

I wish you good fortune in this endeavor.

• Sad
Reactions: LordHybrid

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
It was a good ride, but I guess this is where I get off. Genuinely no shade, I loved how much I played, but kinetic novels have never been enjoyable to me. Thanks for the transparency LordHybrid, I would have hated to follow this for long enough that I grew resentful when I realized it was a kinetic novel.

I wish you good fortune in this endeavor.
I'm not trying to call you out but you're saying you've never enjoyed kinetic novels despite "loving" however much you just played of this one. I just don't get it I guess? I'm guessing maybe because it starts to become stale for you with no real player choice? Like what makes you suddenly stop enjoying a game you're loving by realizing it's kinetic.

• Thinking Face

Kalkrion

Feb 27, 2019
I'm not trying to call you out but you're saying you've never enjoyed kinetic novels despite "loving" however much you just played of this one. I just don't get it I guess? I'm guessing maybe because it starts to become stale for you with no real player choice? Like what makes you suddenly stop enjoying a game you're loving by realizing it's kinetic.
It boils down to how bored I get with a lack of agency, I enjoy playing games because I like seeing cause and effect from my own choices; be it in the storyline or simply how my build function in a RPG. Rarely, if not at all, has a kinetic novel given me that. Unless a kinetic novel matches my fetishes to a T, I usually just pass it, no reason to disrespect the work by forcing myself to read it.

I also don't just suddenly stop enjoying a game because it's kinetic, rather the enjoyment starts decreasing and I'm really prone to the sunk-cost fallacy, and I start trying to convince myself that I love it rather than just dropping it. It's a pretty rough cycle for me so I try to reasonably avoid it.

minor note; big fan MidnightKing, I'm kinda fanboying a little bit

dmmt

May 8, 2020
still VERY early in my plkaythrough but I gotta say...unique idea, and well written.

Text reads "This is the place" right after say8ing their mission-cation is about to start. Tried ot save, the Options screen comces up, click a save boix and you get this error. I tried on screens before it and same same. Cant save, as the SAVE and Q SAVE buttons also return exception errors.:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 435, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 435, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Dungeon Days 0.065
Wed Apr 24 19:21:15 2024

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
It boils down to how bored I get with a lack of agency, I enjoy playing games because I like seeing cause and effect from my own choices; be it in the storyline or simply how my build function in a RPG. Rarely, if not at all, has a kinetic novel given me that. Unless a kinetic novel matches my fetishes to a T, I usually just pass it, no reason to disrespect the work by forcing myself to read it.

I also don't just suddenly stop enjoying a game because it's kinetic, rather the enjoyment starts decreasing and I'm really prone to the sunk-cost fallacy, and I start trying to convince myself that I love it rather than just dropping it. It's a pretty rough cycle for me so I try to reasonably avoid it.

I get where you're coming from then. Might have come across a little aggressive (apologies lol) but I was curious. As much as I like seeing choices be meaningful I think I've just grown used to most AVNs not having many options beyond "get point with this girl or don't" type of shit. Great when a game goes beyond that, but I've come to not expect it going in. Thankfully I like many things so good kinetic novels (like this) still can do it for me.

Also thank you!! Always nice to hear that people like the things I write!

Last edited:

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
That last scene was genuinely very exciting. And yeah, that cliffhanger...
BTW Koko's animations were very aliased. Any chance that could get looked at?
Sure, we'll take a look at it! :V

Well dang. Sorry that I couldn't grip you enough. Maybe one day, when it's all over, you might enjoy it as a whole piece instead! Might work out for the better lol :V

still VERY early in my plkaythrough but I gotta say...unique idea, and well written.

Text reads "This is the place" right after say8ing their mission-cation is about to start. Tried ot save, the Options screen comces up, click a save boix and you get this error. I tried on screens before it and same same. Cant save, as the SAVE and Q SAVE buttons also return exception errors.:
Hmmm... So did you give permissions for Dungeon Days? According to some cursory investigation, sounds like that's the possible issue.

Reactions: Kalkrion

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I dont recall the game asking for any permissions. Or are you referring to my AV? Because I havent had to give any games permission to save in the past.

Now it is saving. *shrug*

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Dear dev, you need to change that awful awful AWFUL textbox ASAP... that shit covers half the screen for no good reason (specially since most lines are literally just one line)... just go with a smaller one more to the bottom, or better yet, use an outline on a regular easy to read font or something like that...

I mean, the UI in general could use some work, but yeah, it's kinda annoying playing an AVN when I can't see shit.

• Sad

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Guessing theres no name change mod for mc yet?

Never mind universal works just fine :)

Last edited:

Dudeguybrah

Aug 20, 2018
Are the scenes actually animated? The first one with the lioness kinda set a mood and I am curious about the rest, are they all like that with the frame by frame?

Skallabjorn

Jun 29, 2017
So. I rarely comment, just lurk and facepalm, generally.

That being said...
Love the story, and the "Don't tell, show" exposition. All of the girls (especially Pah) are quite sexy and believable in personality and motivation.
As far as art/3d render source, I am fine with it. I enjoy the Borderlands franchise, so "cartoony" does not bother me.
"De gustibus non disputandum est".

Looking forward to more, thank you.

• Red Heart

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.065

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PIXELDRAIN
MEGA

Size 882 MB

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Updates are faster on .
Updated my android port.

4.80 star(s) 50 Votes