yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
March 2024 (Devlog v0.065)

View attachment 3462147
Hey guys!

So as you may have noticed, it's been one month from v0.06 going public now and I was able to get fully rested while waiting for it all! Now I'm back, getting into the swing of things once again :V So I thought it would be prudent of me to be more on top of things like what was supposed to be a monthly devlog and make sure that everything is as transparent for you as possible! So with that, let's talk about the new stuff coming up!

As you can see, this is going to be update v0.65, simply because the next update is going to be majorly comprised of visual, audio, and coding improvements as I've mentioned in previous devlogs. But what does this mean, specifically, for you? Well, I have a whole slew of stuff ready for you guys!

• New music and SFX!
  • New Route Options (sorta)!
  • General touch ups to egregious visual stuff!
  • New Patreon/Subscribstar Tier!
  • New Main Menu image!
  • An easter egg!
  • New social media stuff!
  • And of course, general improvements to the writing!
Okay, so let's blast through these...

Music and SFX... I've been wanting to do this for a loooooong time now and finally I was gonna use this half-update to improve everything! I've been finding music and SFX for months now and finally had a chance to go through it and...! Turns out, I suck at music. Like... really really bad. I just don't have the right kind of ear for it. So with that, I've finally given that over to someone who's a LOT more musically inclined and will definitely be a boon to help me out :V At least on the music side. On the SFX side, I got everything down pat thankfully so it won't make the process any longer.

New Routes... As I said, it's sorta new routes. It's more that I'll be giving you all the option at the beginning of the VN to choose either All Sex, No Sex, or Choose Sex. It's a quick option that will streamline some things and is just a general boon for you guys :V The thing about the No Sex option that I'm planning on doing (maybe not this update but another), is making it the "SFW" update, censoring the needed parts and whatnot. It doesn't detract much from the game or my time but something I thought I'd want to at least let people have the option for.

General Touch Ups... Basically, I'm going to go and try and improve some really bad clipping or really bad lighting in some shots. Missing pieces, added pieces, continuity errors, etc. That kind of stuff!

New Patreon/Subscribestar Tier... I'm planning on adding a new tier to my stuff that will allow people to request goblin characters from me! I'll be using a template for all this and have several types of goblin/goblinoids but it will be significantly cheaper than the Keeper tier, the tier that usually has the custom character requests. I'm just finalizing a few things like pricing and logistics for it, but it should be out soon enough! Keep an eye out on discord for the announcement!

New Main Menu Image... Kinda self explanatory, as the new UI needs it and the current one has old models of everyone.

An Easter Egg... It's a secret~ :V

New Social Media Stuff... You might have already seen it but if you haven't... I've made a new Banner for the platforms and a new thumbnail image as well! I've already spread it across everywhere and according to the numbers, y'all like it a lot :V So I'm happy that the change has been accepted so readily!

General Writing Improvements... Yeah, if you have anything in the writing to point out, PLEASE lemme know! I always appreciate anything that sticks out or could be improved! :V

Anyways, with all that being said, I should be done with everything pretty soon so be prepared to see the improvement update soon enough! I know it's not going to have any content, but this was some majorly needed stuff that 100% needed to be added/changed to make Dungeon Days even better!

As it is an improvement update as well, it will go straight to public once it is all set and ready! This is one of the few instances where I'll be doing this but don't worry, I already have the scenes and plans for the next two updates already laid out and ready! With what I have planned and the great response I got from this last update, I'm excited to see what you all think of v0.07 coming up! :V Stay tuned and I'll see you in a little while for the improvement update v0.065! :V

===Rate me 5 stars on or f95! Every rating helps!===

===Check out my or and gain benefits!===

===Join my or to keep up with everything Dungeon Days related!===
I'm glad you're working on the lighting. I've been busy and had to travel a bit, but even so, I have to admit I haven't gotten very far into this title and the lighting (well, TBH the lack of incest mainly, lol--but besides that) has been a major sticking point. I figured it would get better as I get further but early on it's really eating at my ability to get through this. I'll probably work through it slowly and once I can give more feedback after getting to some actual h-content I'll swing by again. I'll take some note on the writing end since you're soliciting feedback on that as well.

Reactions: LordHybrid

sluraplea

Oct 7, 2023
Having not downloaded this game, I've gotta say the "3dcg" tag seems a bit inaccurate from the screenshots

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Having not downloaded this game, I've gotta say the "3dcg" tag seems a bit inaccurate from the screenshots
2DCG's are CG's drawn on a flat canvas. All pre-rendered artstyles like Daz, Honey Select, and in this case Koikatsu classify as 3DCG since they're rendered from 3D models. This is as much 3DCG as Once in a Lifetime, hell their render engines are created by the same company.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
General Writing Improvements... Yeah, if you have anything in the writing to point out, PLEASE lemme know! I always appreciate anything that sticks out or could be improved! :V
Playing through 0.6 and noticed a few untranslated sections. The conversation between Celeste and the floating eye is in italian, same with part of one of the conversation options with koko while cutting the grass

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
Thumbnail.gif
Hey Hey everyone! It's finally time and as promised, my two month limit is up! Also as promised, everyone is getting immediate access to this update since it's just a vertical improvement on the systems. Now then, the Improvement Update has FINALLY BEEN COMPLETED! WOOOO!

As promised, we (Wallace and I) went through and revamped as much as we possibly could in terms of SFX and music! While I didn't get into doing more SFX in the earlier sections as much as I wanted to, we really tried our best to find more unique and fitting music for every scene and moment in the game! Better mood music, better fighting music, betting timing on it, and better sexy time music even :V So with any hope, the long promised dream will satisfy you all with what we've chosen! I really hope you all enjoy it!

Along with that, I also was able to get most of the stuff I wanted to done. There are new animations for the main menu now and as the VN gets along, they will grow in numbers and steadily become a stream of animations at the main menu! For now though, you'll just have to enjoy our main two peeps, Wes and Pah!

New Modes of play have been added as well. Very simply put, you can now choose All Sex, No Sex, or Choice Sex very quickly at the start of a new game just to simplify and speed up the process. Nothing terribly big, but more of a QoL thing.

The new social media content has also been implemented as you can see, like above with the Koko gif. Not new news, but something that I set up as a goal :V

Everyone was asking for it, so I provided it... Translations for the Italian and Thieves Cant sections for some QoL stuff :V It was something I could provide. I had a misstep and thought it would be better for like, mysterious purposes, but I guess not lol. I'll be sure to translate sections like that in the future :V

I'm still working on the new Goblin Tier for Subscribestar and Patreon and just need to round out a few more details before getting more into it, so that may be a little bit more, but should be cool for those interested! Keep checking my Patreon/Subscribestar out for more details!

And obviously, I've done a bunch of miscellaneous background improvements, such as writing, coding, some odd errors, organizing, etc etc. I've been doing all kinds of stuff to help myself for future versions of Dungeon Days along with more organizational stuff to keep Dungeon Days floating well for you to play.

Oh, and, of course, there is an Easter Egg in Dungeon Days now. Find it if ya can :V

With that though, our regularly scheduled content is immediately starting and I can't wait to show you guys the upcoming story! I'm far more prepared for things now and know exactly what I'll be doing and, with hope due to new strategies, I won't need the 2 month stretch to release the next update :V So with that, if you haven't enjoyed v0.06 yet, you'll be really enjoying it with all new music and SFX in this one!

See you all next month! :V

===Rate me 5 stars on or f95! Every rating helps!===

===Check out my or and gain benefits!===

===Join my or to keep up with everything Dungeon Days related!===

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
DungeonDays-0.065
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

• Red Heart

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Yep.
Another scammy tech update :KEK:
I don't feel that way at all, i was surprised to get another update so soon and assumed it was a fixing-stuff patch so it's not like i got my hopes up, there's many months between updates for this game, this one seems like a bonus just for new players and that's more than ok.

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
I don't feel that way at all, i was surprised to get another update so soon and assumed it was a fixing-stuff patch so it's not like i got my hopes up, there's many months between updates for this game, this one seems like a bonus just for new players and that's more than ok.
Yeah, I mentioned it in the last Devlog that this was going to be SOLELY an improvement update basically. Just focusing on some things that I wasn't able to dedicate quite as much time to, but took the time now to do it :V

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
LordHybrid hello dev, I want to ask is this sandbox or point and click like free-roam.
Because you are previously mentioned
As for the direction, I considered something with more mechanics or sandbox-y but it just didn’t seem worth the event to bend Renpy backwards just to make it work. So I’ll be doing a semi-sandbox style where you can get several choices to choose from but can always skip them and just head straight into the main content with possible repercussions. Not set in stone though so the style may possibly change.
Not now or maybe in later versions.
Because I don't play sandbox or whatever they preferred in their game.
i want good VN without worrying like this, that's why I'm asking.

• Thinking Face

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
LordHybrid hello dev, I want to ask is this sandbox or point and click like free-roam.
Because you are previously mentioned

Not now or maybe in later versions.
Because I don't play sandbox or whatever they preferred in their game.
i want good VN without worrying like this, that's why I'm asking.
At the moment, everything is on rails with slightly branching paths. I had an idea about a "free-roam" type of system in the past but I've been holding back on that lately, thinking it might not be worth it. What I might do, if anything, is something like what I had at the beginning with simple choices to a location, event, and then bedone, or an optional situation similar in style to how the questions for Celeste and Koko were where you can either go or just skip entirely. So simple stuff if anything, more like quick bit if anything, but Dungeon Days will largely if not entirely be a kinetic novel.

Hey Lordhybrid would you put out the girls as koikatsu cards or is that a no ?
Nope :V Ima hoarder of my own cards :KEK:

Last edited:

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
At the moment, everything is on rails with slightly branching paths. I had an idea about a "free-roam" type of system in the past but I've been holding back on that lately, thinking it might not be worth it. What I might do, if anything, is something like what I had at the beginning with simple choices to a location, event, and then bedone, or an optional situation similar in style to how the questions for Celeste and Koko were where you can either go or just skip entirely. So simple stuff if anything, more like quick bit if anything, but Dungeon Days will largely if not entirely be a kinetic novel.

So we can simply skipped without worrying the choice right.
As long as it's not too much grinding it's okay.
Thanks for the answer

• Red Heart

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dungeon Days [v0.065] [Buba]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I actually liked that beginning section where you could choose the order of events in town. It doesn't really do anything that meaningful, but I think it's a nice change up from the straightforward kinetic novel style of event progression. A nice bit of interactiveness.

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
So we can simply skipped without worrying the choice right.
As long as it's not too much grinding it's okay.
Thanks for the answer
I hate worrying about choices, so I try to make my readers not worry either :V

I actually liked that beginning section where you could choose the order of events in town. It doesn't really do anything that meaningful, but I think it's a nice change up from the straightforward kinetic novel style of event progression. A nice bit of interactiveness.
Yeah, as I said, I think that might be the better direction because there are some areas in the story I think that could benefit from the "it doesn't matter what order these particular events happen" kind of scenario. I will say, that that moment won't be in the coming updates for a bit lol Lots of stuff that need more direct addressing lol

thesilentking

Jan 23, 2020

damn , ah well thanks for the response

xell17

Jul 10, 2023
That last scene was genuinely very exciting. And yeah, that cliffhanger...
BTW Koko's animations were very aliased. Any chance that could get looked at?

• Thinking Face
4.80 star(s) 50 Votes