Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Yea right, like the cliffhanger ending could be anything else than a fake out, considering Wes is the MC, their is 0% chance that this turns out not to be a fake out, which makes it if anything to me aggravating because its not even a believable cliffhanger, so no one will need to be bothered about it for the next month or two until the next update comes out, which I guess will at least be a relief not to have to wait to see what will come out of it.
I dunno, so far this game has been holding hands with the usual tropes, but dancing with them in less conventional ways, after the last sovereign i don't think it's impossible for a dev to decide on a big psych out for who the MC is if they want to really subvert expectations. It'd be a big jump with a lot of pushback, but the dev seems to at least be capable of trying such a thing to some degree so although i put it down as a low probability, i ain't counting it out altogether.

This isn't to say it's one or nothing, option three is a quest to restore him, i say quest but i just mean maybe Pah takes his body home and Rattles resurrects him as a zombie, or lich, or something, i dunno.

Chance are you're right, i'd bet money on you being so, but the dev isn't generic and so i also won't be surprised if they go a totally unexpected direction with it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LordHybrid

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
I think it really is just a preference thing at the end of the day. Koikatsu tends to be viewed least favorably out of the main three (those being Daz, Honey Select, and Koikatsu). A lot of the most successful Koikatsu games sort of pale in comparison to the big Daz/HS games in terms of support. You used the term "Koikatsu weebs" yourself and I wouldn't be surprised if that's a popular mentality. It's very anime style in general and a good amount of devs play into it, so maybe the majority just isn't into that? Couldn't tell you for sure, more speaking as someone who's just been around the site for a bit.

I would not count myself as a Koikatsu superfan, but I don't really have a preference in the first place. To me it's more about what a dev does with it. I've played great games from all three of them, and at the same time have played a lot of stinkers from all three of them. In this case, I think this game is great and is very different from the usual. I haven't played the newest update (letting them build up so I can binge), but out of the hundreds of AVNs I've played this one has been shaping up into a favorite of mine.

Edit: To add onto the topic a little more, I don't think the $450 the game is currently making is necessarily bad either. This has been around for over a year and in that time has gotten 6 releases including the first one. And yeah, there was a 7 month? time span between v.05 and v0.6 as well. Not to bash the dev for that, is what it is, but visibility is only really getting boosted when updates drop. I haven't done the research to back this claim up, but I have a feeling if the releases stayed consistent at about every other month this might have a bit more popularity/support. I do hope to see this reach the level of those other Koikatsu games at the least though, and I have some confidence it can get there.
The main thing I don't like about Koikatsu is that it's so darn cartoony. Too much so.

• Sad
Mar 6, 2021
I've seen other KK games that compress the file size significantly better, like Corrupted Kingdoms. I've spent days playing that,
Cuz Corrupted Kingdoms is dumb door-knocking grindfest, where you see same sprites on different backgrounds. No wonder you need less disk space if you re-use those sprites.
Dungeon Days is a pure VN and all renders are different.

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
LordHybrid I have finished the update, and I was excited to play it too but after playing I was sad, oh no it's not what happened to Wes at the end yeah, he'll be fine
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
oh delay happy birthday and I Hope it was a good one as well

• Red Heart

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Yea, I agree with your points, but the Koikatsu games have a rep for a reason (and I say this as someone who's been an uber-weeb and still likes anime and anime tropes): most of the worse ones are anime or gacha game spoofs/parodies, lean heavily into memes/cheap trope farming, have a higher floor for visual fidelity that ironically make the low-effort titles appear even worse than bad Daz/HS titles due to the sheer amount of stock animations/assets that enable bad devs to pump out quick cash-grabs, and the tendency for bad Koikatsu devs to be from SEA which produces a particular type of poor English output that's distinct from the worst Spanish and Russian dev fare.
I agree with your points as well, and believe me I have unfortunately played a lot of what you described. Nothing makes me cringe quite like some of the Koikatsu games I've come across. Every render style has their own unique garbage though, so once again they all kinda equal out to me. A little off topic, but I die a little more inside each time I try out what ends up being yet another uninspired Daz incest game.

The main thing I don't like about Koikatsu is that it's so darn cartoony. Too much so.
And that's totally fair. Like I said I think the anime/cartoony style just isn't for everyone.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I agree with your points as well, and believe me I have unfortunately played a lot of what you described. Nothing makes me cringe quite like some of the Koikatsu games I've come across. Every render style has their own unique garbage though, so once again they all kinda equal out to me. A little off topic, but I die a little more inside each time I try out what ends up being yet another uninspired Daz incest game.

And that's totally fair. Like I said I think the anime/cartoony style just isn't for everyone.
Yea like I said I have brain-rot so if I see incest, I'll probably give it a shot. But yea cheap incest DAZ games have their own set of bad stereotypes to go along with them as well lol... Monster girls used to be higher on my list than incest before I got into 3d VNs so a while back this woulda probably top of my list right away =P.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Cuz Corrupted Kingdoms is dumb door-knocking grindfest, where you see same sprites on different backgrounds. No wonder you need less disk space if you re-use those sprites.
Dungeon Days is a pure VN and all renders are different.
Refresh my memory, isn't that Arc's game? The one with all the stolen assets back in like... v6? v36? I forgot what versioning he uses. But, like, he stole a massive amount of Koi assets and had to re-do his assets (most of them being nightmare fuel because Arc sucks at Koi when he can't steal pretty girls from others)... so... uh... I honestly feel like Corrupted Kingdoms has no part in any conversation...

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Refresh my memory, isn't that Arc's game? The one with all the stolen assets back in like... v6? v36? I forgot what versioning he uses. But, like, he stole a massive amount of Koi assets and had to re-do his assets (most of them being nightmare fuel because Arc sucks at Koi when he can't steal pretty girls from others)... so... uh... I honestly feel like Corrupted Kingdoms has no part in any conversation...
Yea, never gone from anticipating to not giving a fuck about a game so quickly in my fucking life...

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Yea, never gone from anticipating to not giving a fuck about a game so quickly in my fucking life...
Agreed. ALSO, FOUND SOME!
1708838750485.png 1708838783808.png
Most cursed character creation screenie I have since my friend tried to create Koala from One Piece in Black Desert Online... and succeeded perfectly...

Incidentally I also have the card for the original version stashed somewhere. She's actually a succubus.

• Haha

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Agreed. ALSO, FOUND SOME!
View attachment 3384114 View attachment 3384115
Most cursed character creation screenie I have since my friend tried to create Koala from One Piece in Black Desert Online... and succeeded perfectly...

Incidentally I also have the card for the original version stashed somewhere. She's actually a succubus.
Wait is that really what her remake looked like lol? Some of the first ones I saw were so meh I didn't bother going through the rest of them, goddamn...

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Wait is that really what her remake looked like lol? Some of the first ones I saw were so meh I didn't bother going through the rest of them, goddamn...
Yup. Alexa was one of the worst hit. The... Guardian? I think her name was? The lizard lady... really got hit with the ugly stick too originally. He did go back immediately after and 'fix' his characters, but, ya know, damage done in a lot of cases.

EDIT: heres some resources on the topic-- a page that has a save for the last pre-redacted version, and a Before/After compilation PDF (though some of the images aren't really organized in a way you know which is which...)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021
All I was trying to say was that I've seen other games using KK fit more content into similar or smaller filesizes, so I'm a little worried about this game's files getting a little out of hand, I just used CK as an example. Greener Pastures I got a few days worth of content out of it, and that game's only 3.5 GB unzipped for me

on a sidenote, I only found CK well after the model remake, so honestly it's no skin off my back what they used to look like.

Mar 6, 2021
Reactions: ThaDude1977

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
All I was trying to say was that I've seen other games using KK fit more content into similar or smaller filesizes, so I'm a little worried about this game's files getting a little out of hand, I just used CK as an example. Greener Pastures I got a few days worth of content out of it, and that game's only 3.5 GB unzipped for me
All I'm trying to say is CK isn't fit to be compared to anything, and quite frankly shouldn't be around. Their name is mud in the community because of that, to be perfectly fair.

on a sidenote, I only found CK well after the model remake, so honestly it's no skin off my back what they used to look like.
It's not remotely about what they used to look like, it's about property, credit, and theft. Arc's a joke in the Koi community and Illusion VN community because he's a crook. He even took one MC from another game--Talia from Future Fragments had a Koi model, which was stolen verbatim to make OG Chloe.

Finally: All 3DCG games are huge. All of em. Most of them are this size by this point in. Eternum, OoT, AHitR, Oppai Odyssey, Lucky Paradox, Braveheart Academy, PHOENIXES... all of them, are huge. It's a 3DCG VN thing. Not just Buba. So as if CK wasn't a big enough hint... you don't know what you're talking about :D

Almost all of them have to resort to update-only downloads because of it, too.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Not very far into this (mc and his...companion just got to town) but i have to say it's very well written and an enjoyable read. Been chuckling through the whole story so far. Hoping it doesn't lose anything as it progresses. The MC at the beginning would take the prize on Mike Rowes Dirty Jobs though. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: A translation for the foreign language would be nice, kind of annoying not knowing what the characters are saying.

Last edited:
  • Haha

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.06

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PIXELDRAIN
MEGA

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 805 MB

Come find me on .
Updated my android port.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Just played this game. I will admit that the premise is very odd to me. It deconstructs and literalises the dungeon idea, then builds a plot around a Dungeon Dweller vs Adventurer conflict. I bet that the dev is a fairly unconventional DM.

It's well written, dialogue and characterization is on point and it has great ideas for action scenes which are always a huge plus in my book. The setting seem to be well thought out, as demonstrated by the way MC dispels a levitation spell during an early event. This level of detail on spell mechanics is rare.

The feedback I have to give is related to pacing. I understand that it's still early and the dev needs to set the foundation for rest of the story but too many things happen and the audience doesn't get enough time to get properly acquainted with the characters. It's hard to put this in words so I'll try my best to paint a picture.
1. The premise is very unconventional and the reader is thrust in the thick of it, with a lot of backstory which isn't explained thoroughly.
2. Almost all the drama is the result of either the backstory or the coincidences that happened in the beginning of the story.
3. The sidekick creates more drama than all the other characters combined and the reader doesn't get enough time to internalize the reasons and feel the necessary sympathy, so it feels a bit premature.
4. Eventually the game attempts to somehow stabilize the relationship between MC and the sidekick which is a huge drama device, but at this point we get a huge cliffhanger where the MC literally loses his head

So basically what I'm trying to say is that the plot devices aren't mature enough to drive all these "peaks" in the story. Thankfully the excellent characterization carries the plot well and the dialogue gives enough exposition to understand what is going on, just not enough time to allow the audience to connect.

I'm not going to comment on if this is a good or a bad thing. The simple truth is that a slower pace equates with less action and a game needs to leave an impression to gain some support from the community, so perhaps this is a good thing and everything I said won't really matter after a couple more updates. I can't possibly claim that I understand the target audience so I hope the dev will follow his vision and only adjust if it's warranted. After all the game's review score speaks for itself.

Best of luck going forward.

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
Just played this game. I will admit that the premise is very odd to me. It deconstructs and literalises the dungeon idea, then builds a plot around a Dungeon Dweller vs Adventurer conflict. I bet that the dev is a fairly unconventional DM.

It's well written, dialogue and characterization is on point and it has great ideas for action scenes which are always a huge plus in my book. The setting seem to be well thought out, as demonstrated by the way MC dispels a levitation spell during an early event. This level of detail on spell mechanics is rare.

The feedback I have to give is related to pacing. I understand that it's still early and the dev needs to set the foundation for rest of the story but too many things happen and the audience doesn't get enough time to get properly acquainted with the characters. It's hard to put this in words so I'll try my best to paint a picture.
1. The premise is very unconventional and the reader is thrust in the thick of it, with a lot of backstory which isn't explained thoroughly.
2. Almost all the drama is the result of either the backstory or the coincidences that happened in the beginning of the story.
3. The sidekick creates more drama than all the other characters combined and the reader doesn't get enough time to internalize the reasons and feel the necessary sympathy, so it feels a bit premature.
4. Eventually the game attempts to somehow stabilize the relationship between MC and the sidekick which is a huge drama device, but at this point we get a huge cliffhanger where the MC literally loses his head

So basically what I'm trying to say is that the plot devices aren't mature enough to drive all these "peaks" in the story. Thankfully the excellent characterization carries the plot well and the dialogue gives enough exposition to understand what is going on, just not enough time to allow the audience to connect.

I'm not going to comment on if this is a good or a bad thing. The simple truth is that a slower pace equates with less action and a game needs to leave an impression to gain some support from the community, so perhaps this is a good thing and everything I said won't really matter after a couple more updates. I can't possibly claim that I understand the target audience so I hope the dev will follow his vision and only adjust if it's warranted. After all the game's review score speaks for itself.

Best of luck going forward.
Thanks for the feedback and review, firstly, as I appreciate it very much! :V It's always great to get new insight into what people think of my vn so I can take it and use it to further my vn even more :V I do need to work out the pacing issues within the story, though I think that will just be a thing I'll figure out over time! Trying to hit that good balance of "here is all the information I want you to know right now" and "MOVE THE STORY FORWARD ALREADY!" :KEK:

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
March 2024 (Devlog v0.065)

banner2.png
Hey guys!

So as you may have noticed, it's been one month from v0.06 going public now and I was able to get fully rested while waiting for it all! Now I'm back, getting into the swing of things once again :V So I thought it would be prudent of me to be more on top of things like what was supposed to be a monthly devlog and make sure that everything is as transparent for you as possible! So with that, let's talk about the new stuff coming up!

As you can see, this is going to be update v0.65, simply because the next update is going to be majorly comprised of visual, audio, and coding improvements as I've mentioned in previous devlogs. But what does this mean, specifically, for you? Well, I have a whole slew of stuff ready for you guys!

• New music and SFX!
  • New Route Options (sorta)!
  • General touch ups to egregious visual stuff!
  • New Patreon/Subscribstar Tier!
  • New Main Menu image!
  • An easter egg!
  • New social media stuff!
  • And of course, general improvements to the writing!
Okay, so let's blast through these...

Music and SFX... I've been wanting to do this for a loooooong time now and finally I was gonna use this half-update to improve everything! I've been finding music and SFX for months now and finally had a chance to go through it and...! Turns out, I suck at music. Like... really really bad. I just don't have the right kind of ear for it. So with that, I've finally given that over to someone who's a LOT more musically inclined and will definitely be a boon to help me out :V At least on the music side. On the SFX side, I got everything down pat thankfully so it won't make the process any longer.

New Routes... As I said, it's sorta new routes. It's more that I'll be giving you all the option at the beginning of the VN to choose either All Sex, No Sex, or Choose Sex. It's a quick option that will streamline some things and is just a general boon for you guys :V The thing about the No Sex option that I'm planning on doing (maybe not this update but another), is making it the "SFW" update, censoring the needed parts and whatnot. It doesn't detract much from the game or my time but something I thought I'd want to at least let people have the option for.

General Touch Ups... Basically, I'm going to go and try and improve some really bad clipping or really bad lighting in some shots. Missing pieces, added pieces, continuity errors, etc. That kind of stuff!

New Patreon/Subscribestar Tier... I'm planning on adding a new tier to my stuff that will allow people to request goblin characters from me! I'll be using a template for all this and have several types of goblin/goblinoids but it will be significantly cheaper than the Keeper tier, the tier that usually has the custom character requests. I'm just finalizing a few things like pricing and logistics for it, but it should be out soon enough! Keep an eye out on discord for the announcement!

New Main Menu Image... Kinda self explanatory, as the new UI needs it and the current one has old models of everyone.

An Easter Egg... It's a secret~ :V

New Social Media Stuff... You might have already seen it but if you haven't... I've made a new Banner for the platforms and a new thumbnail image as well! I've already spread it across everywhere and according to the numbers, y'all like it a lot :V So I'm happy that the change has been accepted so readily!

General Writing Improvements... Yeah, if you have anything in the writing to point out, PLEASE lemme know! I always appreciate anything that sticks out or could be improved! :V

Anyways, with all that being said, I should be done with everything pretty soon so be prepared to see the improvement update soon enough! I know it's not going to have any content, but this was some majorly needed stuff that 100% needed to be added/changed to make Dungeon Days even better!

As it is an improvement update as well, it will go straight to public once it is all set and ready! This is one of the few instances where I'll be doing this but don't worry, I already have the scenes and plans for the next two updates already laid out and ready! With what I have planned and the great response I got from this last update, I'm excited to see what you all think of v0.07 coming up! :V Stay tuned and I'll see you in a little while for the improvement update v0.065! :V

===Rate me 5 stars on or f95! Every rating helps!===

===Check out my or and gain benefits!===

===Join my or to keep up with everything Dungeon Days related!===

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 50 Votes