VerticeLupus

Aug 12, 2020
This is genuinely turning out to be one of my all-time favourite games/stories, LordHybrid! I have enjoyed the writing, the characters, the jokes, and didn't even mind the occasional scene/action plucking on my heartstrings. I reckon I'll be paying the Patreon a visit and indulging a little spending in the future. Keep up the awesome work - seriously - a great project thus far! I am honestly impressed, and looking forward to tons more!

~ Cheers

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021

b13r13.png
HELLO EVERYONE! :V

I can't believe that it's been ONE YEAR since Dungeon Days released! Time sure does fly when you're constantly working on a VN it seems lol So first, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything that you have all done for me within the last year, whether it was rating and reviewing my game, following me, commenting on the game, sharing it with others, or giving me / money! Whatever you have done, THANK YOU for doing it and helping promote Dungeon Days! <3

We had a small celebration in with a stream of all my old content, the versions of Dungeon Days before what you see before you, and what it has led up to... the current version of Dungeon Days! Man was it a wild ride seeing how much I have changed and how much my style, writing, and characters have as well. But that's what an anniversary should look back on, yeah? How much we have changed and improved since the last time we celebrated and suffice to say, I am proud of the progress I have made.

So with all that, I will make this a slight Devlog and tell you where I am at for the next update. I'm now sitting at the final two scenes and starting up the Koko fun stuff :V EVERY scene has been almost 1.5x bigger than I planned... whether for better or for worse. I'm a chunk of the way in and hopefully gonna be finishing it up soon so I can get to the finale (and my vacation)! So with any hope, I'll be finishing everything up within the next week or so (depends on weekend shenanigans :V) I'll still have to do everything else and I'm so sorry for taking as long as I am but the payoff is for sure going to be a nice, long and (hopefully) fulfilling update :V After renders, I'll be doing what I can with everything else :V

Once again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I hope that I can continue giving you a quality product that you all deserve!

Anyways, if you like Dungeon Days and wanna support me for another year, you can start by helping me out!

=If you haven't already, go and rate me 5 stars on or f95! Every rating helps bring up Dungeon Days in the searches!

=If you're feeling really spicy, go check out my or and check out the tiers you can opt into with their benefits!

=And if you haven't already, join my or to keep up with everything Dungeon Days related... or say hi to me :V

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

View attachment 3040058
HELLO EVERYONE! :V

I can't believe that it's been ONE YEAR since Dungeon Days released! Time sure does fly when you're constantly working on a VN it seems lol So first, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything that you have all done for me within the last year, whether it was rating and reviewing my game, following me, commenting on the game, sharing it with others, or giving me / money! Whatever you have done, THANK YOU for doing it and helping promote Dungeon Days! <3

We had a small celebration in with a stream of all my old content, the versions of Dungeon Days before what you see before you, and what it has led up to... the current version of Dungeon Days! Man was it a wild ride seeing how much I have changed and how much my style, writing, and characters have as well. But that's what an anniversary should look back on, yeah? How much we have changed and improved since the last time we celebrated and suffice to say, I am proud of the progress I have made.

So with all that, I will make this a slight Devlog and tell you where I am at for the next update. I'm now sitting at the final two scenes and starting up the Koko fun stuff :V EVERY scene has been almost 1.5x bigger than I planned... whether for better or for worse. I'm a chunk of the way in and hopefully gonna be finishing it up soon so I can get to the finale (and my vacation)! So with any hope, I'll be finishing everything up within the next week or so (depends on weekend shenanigans :V) I'll still have to do everything else and I'm so sorry for taking as long as I am but the payoff is for sure going to be a nice, long and (hopefully) fulfilling update :V After renders, I'll be doing what I can with everything else :V

Once again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I hope that I can continue giving you a quality product that you all deserve!

Anyways, if you like Dungeon Days and wanna support me for another year, you can start by helping me out!

=If you haven't already, go and rate me 5 stars on or f95! Every rating helps bring up Dungeon Days in the searches!

=If you're feeling really spicy, go check out my or and check out the tiers you can opt into with their benefits!

=And if you haven't already, join my or to keep up with everything Dungeon Days related... or say hi to me :V
f2d0eee1286925d906e2c7b0314a0803.gif

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
Question. Can someone explain the "Female Protagonist" tag in this game? Do you play a FC or?

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Question. Can someone explain the "Female Protagonist" tag in this game? Do you play a FC or?
Depends on how you interpret the tag but it doesn't fit here imo. There's a relatively brief section where you see some events from the perspective of one of the love interests. You don't really play as her, but watch her do some things around town and interact with other love interests/future harem members. The male MC is the only protagonist, there's no FMC.

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
I had some people talk about how Pah should be included as FemProtag due to her being at the forefront sometimes so I just added it in *shrug* It doesn't matter to me either way.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I had some people talk about how Pah should be included as FemProtag due to her being at the forefront sometimes so I just added it in *shrug* It doesn't matter to me either way.
I haven't played the game yet precisely because of the multiple protagonist tag. While the site doesn't make it clear, my definition of a protagonist (at least in visual novels) is decision making. If I as a player make decisions with more than one character, to me that is a "multiple protagonist" game because you are already influencing something in the story. If you see other POVs besides the protagonist but you don't make decisions nor do I as a player do things with other characters, I think it shouldn't be considered multiple protagonist.

Reactions: LordHybrid

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
I haven't played the game yet precisely because of the multiple protagonist tag. While the site doesn't make it clear, my definition of a protagonist (at least in visual novels) is decision making. If I as a player make decisions with more than one character, to me that is a "multiple protagonist" game because you are already influencing something in the story. If you see other POVs besides the protagonist but you don't make decisions nor do I as a player do things with other characters, I think it shouldn't be considered multiple protagonist.
After some thought and discussion with some friendos, we agreed that while I do have some focus and some Wes exempt scenes, its not quite enough to give it "Female and Multiple Protagonists" tags... At least so far.

Anyways, removed the tags.

Reactions: AlexaSky

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
After some thought and discussion with some friendos, we agreed that while I do have some focus and some Wes exempt scenes, its not quite enough to give it "Female and Multiple Protagonists" tags... At least so far.

Anyways, removed the tags.
i mean if do eventually get some kinda side content whit a other lead you could always re-add the tags right?

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Yeah if I get enough to call for it, then it would be deserving of it for sure :V
adding and/or removing tags seems normal for any new AVN and/or dev
usually this mean people are interested enough to spend time to talk about it (aside from the 1 track minded who say" the [insert random tag] is misrepresented and i'm only here for that remove it...blah blah blah)

the few times i've seen it it means you're on the right track to get the AVN off the ground for a proper fanbase keep it up;)

• Red Heart

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
b14r51.png
Hey hey guys! Just decided that I should share a bit of an update on what's happening cuz it's been a bit!

I was really hoping that I would make the next devlog be about the update but here we are, post-Thanksgiving, and I am still slugging along! It's annoying when you think that something is gonna take a certain amount of time and then it turns out you are *tripling* the amount of stuff in the scene in some cases... so yeah, I guess taking the bad with the good I suppose. I'm here to basically reassure people that it's all chugging along as fast as I can do it. You ask any of my patrons and they'll confirm I've been putting out frequent WiPs for my patrons to enjoy :V

The delays have just been in part due to some irl drama and of course the holiday season and my birthday as well :V Lots of celebrating, lots of family shenanigans, and lots of me getting older! I now have this short span of late November and early/mid December of (less) distractions so with any hope, I can blitz through things without anything bothering me! It's all of basically a scene and a half at this point and I just need to push it out, as I've now split the Koko scene into two to help make it make more sense.

Also, here is some great news by the way! The UI changes I was trying to get ages ago? Well thanks to Ketsianto Setai and Chaendizzle, we now went through all the assets needed, got them drawn out, and they all fit and function (hopefully) perfectly in Renpy! So that means... THE NEW UI IS 99% COMPLETE! :V The only thing left is to do some testing really and make sure that nothing glitches out so for the most part, it's DONE! A long time goal of mine is FINALLY all taken care of and now we can enjoy a new (and more importantly unique) design UI for Dungeon Days that actually incorporates everything it should!

As for things like sound effects and music, I haven't had much of a chance to work on it yet since I've been doing JUST renders and some writing. I might not do sweeping music changes in this update because I'm already behind so much as is, so we shall see when I start nearing the end of the renders. It might be pushed back to a month where I JUST do QoL stuff, edits, etc.

Besides that... Yeah. I think that's everything. I pray to whatever that the next Devlog will be "Early Access v0.06" so I can do more stuff lol Anyways, see you next time!

=====If you haven't already, go and rate me 5 stars on or f95! Every rating helps bring up Dungeon Days in the searches!=====
=====If you're feeling really spicy, go check out my or and check out the tiers you can opt into with their benefits!=====
=====And if you haven't already, join my or to keep up with everything Dungeon Days related... or say hi to me :V=====

4.80 star(s) 50 Votes