LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
CharaStudio-2024-05-11-22-25-39-Render.png
Hey hey everybody! Just coming at you with a Devlog since it's been a month since v0.065 :V

I honestly don't have much to talk about for this devlog as things are just going at a pace. Been trying to do some RL things this month as well and as it's the end of the school year, been also having to deal with that storm of nonsense. Despite that, I've been chugging along and doing a lot of new stuff, as this is obviously a turning point in the story :V New looks, new developments, new outfits... I got it all for the upcoming updates :V

Along with that, I've really been looking into what Dungeon Days is about and what I want to say with it. I know that Dungeon Days is just an AVN, but I still wanna do stuff with it that I can look back and enjoy with fond memories. So I really have been diving into reading some other stories, trying other games, and doing all kinds of stuff to expand my knowledge on the stuff. It's been pretty good so far and been helping me develop and refine a better story for Dungeon Days.

Besides that, I think the only other thing I should mention is the Goblin tier for Patreon and Subscribestar. It sort of got put on the backburner but I should be figuring out something for it by the time I release the next update, so stay tuned for that!

With that, I think that's everything that needs to be said so stay in touch for the upcoming update! :V

(Oh, btw, the image is NOT indicative of the next update... just something nice I happened to make :V)

===Rate me 5 stars on or f95! Every rating helps!===

===Check out my or and gain benefits!===

===Join my or to keep up with everything Dungeon Days related!===

kazeiheikaya

Apr 1, 2024
Dev's are getting too brazen with the cliffhangers, cutting deep into my soul here! :(

Great story so far, cant stand Pah for the life of me but otherwise, looking forward to the future of this AVN.
Usually Koko isn't my kind of character, more into the Callie/Vanhi types but ngl, Koko was a pretty solid design. Insanely cute at all the best times.

Also definitely wouldnt mind a possible future that holds a Text Box opacity option

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
c1r (26).jpg

Hey hey everyone! Dungeon Days has reached updated v0.07! :V

For those at Janny tier or above, you'll be enjoying the early access right now! :V
For those at Knight tier or above, you'll be enjoying early access on 6/25! :V

Unfortunately for this update, I was only able to get out 1 scene at about 125 renders. It isn't much, but I did promise you guys I would stick to the two month limit...

As for the reasons and whatnot, and also information on the future of Dungeon Days, I'll be explaining it when the public build gets pushed out. For now, those who have access can still at least enjoy this snippet of more story :V

Anyways, I'll see you guys on 6/25 for the next early access!

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
c1r (65).jpg

Hey hey everyone! It's time and as promised, it's the public release for v0.07!

First, I want to apologize for the length of the update. One scene isn't very much to add on and isn't in my usual style of things. I'm not very happy with my progress and I'm sure you all want more than just one scene. However, I made a promise that two months would be my limiting factor and, hell or high water, I would release what I had no matter what and I stuck to it.

I could give you the sob story of my recent IRL issues that almost burned me out of not doing Dungeon Days AT ALL anymore, but I have already talked with the people who need to know about it and done my soul searching to continue on. Yes, I was in a bad state mentally recently. No, I will not elaborate more than that. Just know that it was a large reason why only one scene was done.

Now, what does this mean for Dungeon Days in the future? Will all updates just turn into one scene? Of course NOT! That isn't the plan whatsoever and never will be. What I have figured out is that doing this, along with balancing real life situations AND a full time job is more than I'm capable of doing with the current setup that I'm doing it in. After long discussions with peers in the VN sphere, we came up with a few ideas that might work out, but settled on one overall big change to how the story will be presented...
CharaStudio-2024-06-30-11-09-56-Render.png

I'm moving over to the OG style of design for VN's; sprite style! (Picture above serving as a VERY ROUGH example)

Essentially, with this style of VN presentation, I will have to worry about far less renders than before while still being able to produce as much content for you as I possibly can! I've looked at how much story I want to say and with the current amount of renders needed to get there... it's just not going to be feasible. So, instead, I'm going to use a sprite-based style for most of the conversations for now on. HOWEVER, this does NOT mean I'm going to do EVERYTHING in sprites... when it comes to cool action shots or big establishing shots, I'll be making sure to do excellent, much more focused on, renders on those moments for readers to enjoy! As for the sexy stuff, I'm still deciding on an exact format for that, but I might just do it normally like I've been for the last two, we shall see. I'm also going to probably start more traditional and then, over time, see what I can do that can shake things up a bit and make it more unique for Dungeon Days.

I think with that being said, I've caught you all up with what I'm hoping will be a good turning point for Dungeon Days. I was really struggling with everything before but with luck, this will allow me to do more for the VN and for you guys while not stressing me out to the point of breakdown. Hopefully, the next Devlog is going to be something much more positive and, if all goes well, I might even start doing the updates one month apart instead of two :V That, and it is looming on the horizon, that dreaded thing all VN devs hate doing but know must be done at some point...

Remaking ALL of my beginning, essentially the first three updates for me. But for now, I'm going to first focus on this. Let's just say that THAT is in the backburner of my thoughts... along with the Goblin Tier for subscribers, don't think I didn't forget!

Anyways, see you guys on 7/20/24 for the next devlog! But for now, I still hope that you enjoy the scene I made and are excited for the upcoming changes!

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
He's moving to sprites instead of doing unique renders? It's so joever. I'm not surprised we're getting the "I've been in a bad mental state" thing which all Patreons cite for content slowdown but the whole scaling stuff back is pretty surprising and a shame.
I know, I wasn't exactly happy stating as such since I know it's the thing that's always said. I hate excuses but it is what it is. Unique renders for every shot, with actual EFFORT put into them in a way that I would like them to be, would just take way too long in the long run and I'm already working a full time job as it is. It was an emergency to adapt is all. I'm hoping that the process won't scale back story stuff though and that I can show off more this way instead of slogging through the way I've been doing it... though they won't go fully away after all, just less of those, more of sprites :V

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
It's unideal in a perfect world, but I'd rather see this route taken than the game be abandoned due to dev hell with time constraints and such. I'd be more worried if it went completely sprite based, but as long as the bigger moments still get fully rendered out as you've said, I'll get over it.

Question about one part of that though, when you say "more traditional" for the sex stuff what exactly does that mean?

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Dungeon Days [v0.07] [Buba] - Compressed

Win/Linux [812 MB]
- - - -

Mac [778 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
DungeonDays-0.07
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: LordHybrid

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
It's unideal in a perfect world, but I'd rather see this route taken than the game be abandoned due to dev hell with time constraints and such. I'd be more worried if it went completely sprite based, but as long as the bigger moments still get fully rendered out as you've said, I'll get over it.

Question about one part of that though, when you say "more traditional" for the sex stuff what exactly does that mean?
Oh uh, just like how the Koko and Celeste scenes went basically. This process is gonna be new to me so I just misspoke is all :V Gonna try and keep those types of scenes animated and fully rendered as much as I can :V

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You're switching to sprites... yeah... good luck with that... game might as well be abandoned for me, sprites are absolutely awful for atmospheric storytelling and that's exactly what this game had in spades. Good luck with it and hope it's still good for those who can handle sprite based storytelling. Bye.

• Sad
Reactions: Lerd0
4.70 star(s) 51 Votes