3.50 star(s) 96 Votes

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Alright, Ill give it a try see how the quality is for myself, thanks for the reply
This Dev is the Mcdonalds of AVNs, not terrible, not good, but consistently mediocre, and he finishes games. That why he has loyal supporters, as that last part is kind of hard to come by in adult games. ;)
To be fair, Daniels K renders have gotten much better, but his writing has not, and he always struggles with the endings. (y)

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
This Dev is the Mcdonalds of AVNs, not terrible, not good, but consistently mediocre, and he finishes games. That why he has loyal supporters, as that last part is kind of hard to come by in adult games. ;)
To be fair, Daniels K renders have gotten much better, but his writing has not, and he always struggles with the endings. (y)
You know I really agree with the "he finishes games" part, thats actually super hard to find with western VNs, I guess a bad ending is better than no ending...

merlin7560

May 15, 2021
I was just starting to like this game when all of a sudden it crashes, it crashed after MC see's lurch gets younger

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/1ess7.jpg'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 713, in script
scene 1ess7 with dissolve
Exception: Could not load image u'images/1ess7.jpg': error('Unsupported image format',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1397, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1646, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2610, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3611, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2441, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 777, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 933, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 501, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 307, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
raise e
Exception: Could not load image u'images/1ess7.jpg': error('Unsupported image format',)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Dusklight Manor Final
Tue May 17 14:29:35 2022

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Say whatever you want about Daniels-K but he's one of the few that crank out a decent-sized update every month and actually finishes what he starts with exception of a couple of his early RPG-maker things that felt half-finished (Imaginarium and I forget the name of the other one where you find an alien orb on an island). Even if the plots are not all that complicated or Hollywood-movie grade.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
I really wonder what went through the head of the dev when he came up with the Lizzy ending.... I also wonder why (depending on which path you are on) this game has an unskippable fisting and cigarette scene that not only came out of nowhere, but didn't make any sense really, especially when the character involved, Audrey, never before and never after displays these tendencies and is all about the MC and becoming his one and only romance partner (like any of the other LIs). Did a random number generator pick and choose scenes?
That may also explain the bizarre inclusion of wannabe "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Julia.

Also, an actual main plot would have helped.

But the girls are pretty, look natural and like actual human beings. Lemon is a highlight despite the so-so happy ending with her. Her story was the only one that was interesting and she's also the prettiest of them all.
This was my second Daniels K game after Pine Falls and I see a pattern here... mostly wasted story premises... and endings that never really resolve the main "plot". Ok, Dusklight Manor has no main plot really to begin with... Maybe an actual villain would have helped?

And using the dialogue line "Ha ha ha" 640 times throughout the game is just bizarre. I loaded the script into Word and looked up how many times "Ha ha ha" is in the text.

But at least everything looks pretty. A Dusklight Manor with a much bigger focus on Lemon and with an actual antagonist could have been truly excellent.

Last edited:

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
What a strange vampire themed VN this is :LOL:
From the start I wanted to go the vampire route but what we got was kind of disappointing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So having said all that the journey was fun for a time until the story breaks down later on.
Would recommend to others if they don't mind hasty and rushed endings.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I have played two games made by this dev so far: Lancaster Boarding House in the first place and then Pine Falls. I enjoyed the first. The second was a little worse, but good enough. If there is something that I appreciate about those two games is that the female characters look very good and rather unique in general. It is as if Daniels K tries hard that his girls look fantastic and do not resemble those from other games. Let's see what this game has to offer...

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I have just completed my first playthrough. I've got Audrey's ending.

I have enjoyed the game. I think it is better than Pine Falls, which became somewhat boring for me after the initial good impressions. I think Dusklight Manor is engaging. I have liked the story told to us and the girls, who look good (the same as with the other games from Daniels K which I have played) and have different personalities. The music tracks are OK too.

There are two aspects of the game that I have not liked so much. Firstly, the mistress. Why could she not be Miriam, the superhot redhead vampire, instead of Clara? All right, this is my horny me speaking of course. I guess Clara fits the role of the motherly figure best, and that is exactly what the the dev wanted. But if at least Miriam had more scenes in the game... The other aspect that I really did not like was the final part of the game, which is worse than the rest. It seems as if the dev ran out of ideas to properly close the story. Well, not only the story. For example, I have really missed some mention from the mistress on the "disappereance" of Lemon and Jackie. That looks like some serious oversight right there.

But all in all, I really liked the game. Now I'm going to try my luck with the other girls.

Reactions: Konek Besar

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
so suck ending and no harem ending??
Daniels K endings are always a bit meh, but it's not a harem game so why would there be a harem ending? He usually has a 3 some ending or 2 like he has in this game but doesn't really do harems.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
I have just completed my first playthrough. I've got Audrey's ending.

I have enjoyed the game. I think it is better than Pine Falls, which became somewhat boring for me after the initial good impressions. I think Dusklight Manor is engaging. I have liked the story told to us and the girls, who look good (the same as with the other games from Daniels K which I have played) and have different personalities. The music tracks are OK too.

There are two aspects of the game that I have not liked so much. Firstly, the mistress. Why could she not be Miriam, the superhot redhead vampire, instead of Clara? All right, this is my horny me speaking of course. I guess Clara fits the role of the motherly figure best, and that is exactly what the the dev wanted. But if at least Miriam had more scenes in the game... The other aspect that I really did not like was the final part of the game, which is worse than the rest. It seems as if the dev ran out of ideas to properly close the story. Well, not only the story. For example, I have really missed some mention from the mistress on the "disappereance" of Lemon and Jackie. That looks like some serious oversight right there.

But all in all, I really liked the game. Now I'm going to try my luck with the other girls.
I liked Audrey the most, Lola is a close second. The endings are quite fun, I feel this game's duration is decent. The problem I have with this game is the expression of the MC, looks a little creepy sometimes.

Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I liked Audrey the most, Lola is a close second. The endings are quite fun, I feel this game's duration is decent. The problem I have with this game is the expression of the MC, looks a little creepy sometimes.
I also liked Lemon a lot. But I did not like her ending much. It felt bitter that she ended up becoming a vampire in order to escape from the manor. Let alone the MC turning into a drunk douche :(

Last edited:

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
I also liked Lemon a lot. But I did not like her ending much. It felt bitter that she ended up becoming a vampire in order to escape from the manor. Let alone the MC turning into a drunk douche :(
Agreed, her ending kinda sucked compared to the rest.

Reactions: Jumbi

haiyen3108

May 20, 2018
I was just starting to like this game when all of a sudden it crashes, it crashed after MC see's lurch gets younger

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/1ess7.jpg'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1397, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1646, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2610, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3611, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2441, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 933, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 501, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 307, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Dusklight Manor Final
Tue May 17 14:29:35 2022
Same error here, does anybody have any solution to fix this?

3.50 star(s) 96 Votes