3.50 star(s) 96 Votes

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Hmm, although those "side" endings are nice I would prefer not to have to choose between the girls for now at least. I really like all of them. Their characters are developed quite well.
And I have an idea about who that woman at the end is...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Play some of DanielsK's other games. This is how he does things. Trickle Endings. Imagine his stories like a Road. Every so often, there's an exit ramp. If you drive to the end, you fall off a cliff.

I only keep playing his games to see how he'll fuck it up horribly the next time.

Blvck888

Oct 15, 2020
I redownload it 5 times already on my android but there is a problem parsing a package. What can i do please help me

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Typically, if you make a decision in a game like this, and something bad ends up happening as a result, no matter how quickly or down the road it happens, you expect that bad result to be a relevant response to the choice you made. Not so in this game. An absolutely completely and utterly bizarre game decision. Here's what I'm referring to:

Vampirism is obviously a central theme in this game. One might safely assume going along with (one of) the main premise of this game wouldn't be too detrimental. In a rational world of game development sure, but not so here. This is what we get:

Your first choice to drink blood or not (an expected choice, given the said obvious theme of vampirism that's already been established) is accompanied with the disclaimer that this choice will not affect the story. This is not only an objective lie, it culminates in one of the worst outcomes imaginable: Irrationality. If you're on the blood path in a vampire game, you lose Lemon as a love interest.

Now look, this could be redeemable. If the situation ended up with something along the lines of Lemon being devastated that you've chosen to follow the path vampirism, of Clara, of someone who ruined her life, suddenly her break up becomes relevant and makes sense. She has plenty of reason to hate it. THIS would be a legitimate reason for the player's choices being rejected by her.

But... she rejects you because.. the player has to have sex with Cora because of a decision you made hours earlier that has nothing to do with this situation.

Your choice to drink blood, doesn't result in Lemon breaking it off with you for any tangible or believable reason regarding the blood choice itself. She breaks up with you b/c you can't turn down Cora if you drink blood. She breaks up with you for having sex with Cora. This incomprehensibly stupid disconnect between a choice you made and the forced result is genuinely puzzling.

If you're going to have a character break up with you, at least let the reason be a decision we made that was relevant. You chose to cheat on me. You made the decision to break my trust. You chose this over me.. etc. Instead.. Choosing to drink blood in a vampire game HOURS earlier, the choice accompanied by a message assuring us it wouldn't affect the main story is the route that's chosen here?

I just don't understand how the dev would think of this and be like.. yep, that's it, perfect, that's absolutely the route I want to go lol. If I choose to run a stop sign, and the choice turns out bad, I would expect the result to be a car accident.. not that my GF breaks up with me because I forgot to water the plants.

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Play some of DanielsK's other games. This is how he does things. Trickle Endings. Imagine his stories like a Road. Every so often, there's an exit ramp. If you drive to the end, you fall off a cliff.

I only keep playing his games to see how he'll fuck it up horribly the next time.
I assume that without playing this game with the WT Mod I would've lost interest into this game long ago.
Right now it looks like that at the end you'll end up all alone the way the game seems to proceed on right now. Because you get all those "side endings" not at the end of the main story but somewhere in the middle of it. Some of these "endings" like the one with Lizzie even happen suddenly and out of context to the main story itself. Also, if you choose certain girls in certain combinations as your love interests then you are simply thrown out of the main story as a result. And that is quite disappointing to be honest, because you only get the chance to finish the main story if you go down a certain very narrow path.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I assume that without playing this game with the WT Mod I would've lost interest into this game long ago.
Right now it looks like that at the end you'll end up all alone the way the game seems to proceed on right now. Because you get all those "side endings" not at the end of the main story but somewhere in the middle of it. Some of these "endings" like the one with Lizzie even happen suddenly and out of context to the main story itself. Also, if you choose certain girls in certain combinations as your love interests then you are simply thrown out of the main story as a result. And that is quite disappointing to be honest, because you only get the chance to finish the main story if you go down a certain very narrow path.
Your partway right. The end of the game will be a half assed resolution of the "Vampire" plot that will be utterly disappointing. And it will happen as soon as all other Girl Ending paths are done.

My guesses are as follows:
The ones we know:
Hunter Girl
Lizzie and Girlfriend
Lola and Audrey

What's coming:
Lola
Audrey
Lemon (if no Cora)
Mary and Cora
Mary
You become the Vampire's new boytoy
Crappy Ending

Heathfist

Sep 10, 2018
Thanks for the Terminal post. I have tried this, unfortunately, it did not work. I saw that in the MacOS folder there wasn't a file named Dusklight Manor, which is an executable file, where other VNs, that I checked, had there own self titled executable file in the MacOS folder. Maybe have to wait until next time. Cheers
This may explain better

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
For anyone that is getting bugs in the kitchen scene from ch12. This an issue with one of the images. This is the correct image just put it in the image folder in the game folder and overwrite. That should clear up the problem.
That fixed it, thank you. Was thinking, damn, first the Lemon scene, now this. But again, thank you for your help here. Now I can go on.

Reactions: Alex5280

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
So if I choose harem, I'm basically fucked in the end?
You can't choose what is not there to begin with. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I may have my issues with the way the developer progresses the story and character development but you can't fault him for people fooling themselves with a imaginary route.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, just got caught up with the Dev on this game. All errors aside, because was able to find fixes for both of them, very fun game.

Thank you for this game thus far, and I will be awaiting Chapter 14 now.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
Nice new ending! Two of my favorites wrapped up into one great triangle! Not a bad way to move on.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other endings are in store yet...

Reactions: LightmanP

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
I really hope that the Lemon bit I got was not a be all/end all calling it quits on her part and that I can still salvage a Lemon ending somehow.
From what the dev has said, to get the Lemon ending you can't be on the blood path, where you exchange blood with Clara.

Last edited:
Reactions: hatefuldisplay
3.50 star(s) 96 Votes