3.50 star(s) 96 Votes

dopey80

May 29, 2017
Anyone else get this error?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/12bss3.jpg'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 24585, in script
ma "Where do I begin... The guests are gone, they left very early in the morning."
Exception: Could not load image u'images/12bss3.jpg': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

Crippy

May 28, 2018
Anyone else get this error?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/12bss3.jpg'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 24585, in script
ma "Where do I begin... The guests are gone, they left very early in the morning."
Exception: Could not load image u'images/12bss3.jpg': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)
Yes...and there is a fix a couple of pages back. The image 12bss3 is corrupt and a new one has been posted. Just copy the image to the IMAGES Folder and rename it to: 12bss3.

Reactions: Bananas1587

Heathfist

Sep 10, 2018
hey, Misfit,

same issue here; yet, on a Mac.

View attachment 1090519

cheers.
Ok, this should work for mac users (worked for me):

open terminal and type;
"sudo chmod -R 755 " followed by the full path to the app, you can find the full path by dragging the app into the terminal window, it will be something like
/User/Dusk/MAC\ English\ Dusklight\ Manor\ Episode\ 13/DusklightManor.app

HadazzH

Feb 12, 2019
Just here waiting to see if there will be a "dumb vampire ending" , because let's face it the protagonist is a dumbass. :ROFLMAO:
What about the 300 years old feminist vampire group who decided to turn the village idiot Clara into vampire. Now I don't wonder any more why they have extinct:)

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
What about the 300 years old feminist vampire group who decided to turn the village idiot Clara into vampire. Now I don't wonder any more why they have extinct:)
wouldn't say extinct, there are prolly other groups on other parts of country and elsewhere.

Mahakmar

May 25, 2020
well hum that took a turn as with the lemon LI route , so many quiestions and well so long till we get any answers :p

Aug 20, 2020
Ok, this should work for mac users (worked for me):

open terminal and type;
"sudo chmod -R 755 " followed by the full path to the app, you can find the full path by dragging the app into the terminal window, it will be something like
/User/Dusk/MAC\ English\ Dusklight\ Manor\ Episode\ 13/DusklightManor.app
i'll try;
you have my deepest gratitude, mate.

cheers.

KGregory

Jul 9, 2019
i'll try;
you have my deepest gratitude, mate.

cheers.
Thanks for the Terminal post. I have tried this, unfortunately, it did not work. I saw that in the MacOS folder there wasn't a file named Dusklight Manor, which is an executable file, where other VNs, that I checked, had there own self titled executable file in the MacOS folder. Maybe have to wait until next time. Cheers

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Daniel is so fomulatic at this point it's not even funny. Good story that develops quickly, natural romance progression with multiple girls, then it either blows up in your face of you have to make game ending choices.

Meta Spoiler for all of you who think there'll be some secret ending at the end:
There won't. It'll be a disappointing wrap-up ending that has either no point or some little hint to some greater story in his shared universe that we'll never see develop into anything.

If you don't pick a girl, you'll eventually be left with no choices at all and the game will end.
There won't be some grand resolution of the plot, because he writes himself into a corner constantly, has no idea how to end it and then just half asses it.

It can be seen in the Girl endings, where they have absolutely nothing to do with the plot. You just leave it all behind and live happily with the girl(s). None of the plot mattered at all.

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Hmm, although those "side" endings are nice I would prefer not to have to choose between the girls for now at least. I really like all of them. Their characters are developed quite well.
And I have an idea about who that woman at the end is...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.50 star(s) 96 Votes