3.50 star(s) 96 Votes

GiriGiri

Feb 9, 2019
I downloaded the Mac version and it says I don't have permissions to open it. Not sure why, definitely not from my end. Anyone else, on Mac, have this issue?
Same here. I guess you can somehow access it via Terminal but I'm not an IT expert so I can't comment on that.
What I did was: (works only if you already have downloaded a previous version of this game)
I copied the new 'game' folder to my existing version of this game.

-> go to DusklightManor/Contents/Resources/autorun and replace the existing 'game' folder with the new one you copied. Afterwards it should work.

I hope I could help you out.:)

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
For folks upset about losing Lemon on the Blood path, it is a simple thing to "fix" if you don't want to play again from the beginning and you know how to use the console.

Open console and type:

Blood = 0

Hit enter and exit console.

Probably best to do this at the beginning of the chapter, but any time before Lemon catches you screwing Cora should be sufficient...

It is POSSIBLE that other things could be broken, but I don't recall other variables being touched in the Blood story sections. I was able to finish the update on the Lemon path at any rate. To be safe, don't write over your save.

Reactions: genthrow

streach

Aug 8, 2018
In ep.12, after you come back from your funtime with Miriam and Cora and wakes up i get a fuckton of errors in the kitchen when i talk to Lurch.
I as well am getting this issue, I have restarted and still same issue. Is it an issue with the Mod?

Feb 29, 2020
Well this is a real shame.
Looks like once again the (Save Fix) doesn't seem to want to work.
Which I guess unfortunately means that at this point I might as well wait for the game to be completed and then just starting from the begining.
Because of course if I were to just start from the begining now in order to be able to get the last 2 updates. Because of that stupid "bug" I will just end up needing to start from the start every update from here on until completion.

Oh and no I do not use MODs so thats not the problem.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Honestly, the thing that's most annoying about the game - even if you don't take the blood offer, your choices still just don't matter. You might skip a sex scene here and there, but that's it.
The constant getting forced into situations is so annoying, my most natural reaction was to side with Julia and off Clara completely, that's the level of 'nope' I get from her. And the stuff since then has only been worse.
Especially her vampire bitch friends that outright tell you "nobody cares what you think" - if that's the direct answer to a choice, it's really just the dev taking the piss and throwing that at the player directly.

Also, I get the same issues in the kitchen after a restart (needed to restart anyway because I absolutely didn't want to lose Lemon or touch that moronic Cora in any way ... kinda pissy about that...) and I don't use any mods.

Feb 29, 2020
Just here waiting to see if there will be a "dumb vampire ending" , because let's face it the protagonist is a dumbass. :ROFLMAO:
What protaganist isnt?
They either look like total tools, are severe feminine all up in their feelings betas insisting on Dr Phill'ing every chics pronlems , or complete perverted douchebags perving on everything in site.

Feb 29, 2020
Honestly, the thing that's most annoying about the game - even if you don't take the blood offer, your choices still just don't matter. You might skip a sex scene here and there, but that's it.
The constant getting forced into situations is so annoying, my most natural reaction was to side with Julia and off Clara completely, that's the level of 'nope' I get from her. And the stuff since then has only been worse.
Especially her vampire bitch friends that outright tell you "nobody cares what you think" - if that's the direct answer to a choice, it's really just the dev taking the piss and throwing that at the player directly.

Also, I get the same issues in the kitchen after a restart (needed to restart anyway because I absolutely didn't want to lose Lemon or touch that moronic Cora in any way ... kinda pissy about that...) and I don't use any mods.
Its pretty impressive how many games your choices don't matter in.
I go through many games dick denying and being a jerk to the gals left and right.
Only a few scenes later to have an internal dialog as though instead of telling them I wanted nothing to do with them it plays out as though I totally simped on them and begged them to let me tongue fuck their fart boxes.

Female- You wanna fuck me dont you?
MC- No youre ugly as shit and boring
2 scenes later. I cant believe I did that with her how could I have fallen for her like that?

KGregory

Jul 9, 2019
Same here. I guess you can somehow access it via Terminal but I'm not an IT expert so I can't comment on that.
What I did was: (works only if you already have downloaded a previous version of this game)
I copied the new 'game' folder to my existing version of this game.

-> go to DusklightManor/Contents/Resources/autorun and replace the existing 'game' folder with the new one you copied. Afterwards it should work.

I hope I could help you out.:)
Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, I do not have a previous version and, similarly, I don't know how to access it through Terminal. Thanks again.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
I go through many games dick denying and being a jerk to the gals left and right.
Only a few scenes later to have an internal dialog as though instead of telling them I wanted nothing to do with them it plays out as though I totally simped on them and begged them to let me tongue fuck their fart boxes.

2 scenes later. I cant believe I did that with her how could I have fallen for her like that?
Oh god, your last line hit so true.
I mean sure, I get the need to streamline as much as possible in the interest of saving time and working smart ... but sometimes you can tell that the devs choose the re-entry point for their routes rather randomly and didn't even bother about consistency at all.

Anyway, in this case? Haven't checked the code yet, but now that I think about it, I kinda wonder if there's a counter for how often one answers in defiance (or rather independence) to Clara. At some point this HAS to make a difference in at least one end, right?

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Version: Episode 13
Well women have a lot for those who like Harem this is a full plate and with a lot of dessert. You can even taste and choose the routes with blood or without blood. This route is what differentiates a game to better understand all content. So far everything is perfect, congratulations on the great job.(y)

DES818

Mar 7, 2020

:ROFLMAO:lmao so true(y)

Reactions: Aelth

DES818

Mar 7, 2020
does the mod allow you to see all endings an outcomes without restarting a new game? or does it still affect the whole blood thing? my friend says the mod is like that. i didn't want to install it cus the game already feels like its on rails but i really dont like the forced choices without warning. so is the mod better to not fuck up with one girl or loose another?

Crippy

May 28, 2018
For anyone that is getting bugs in the kitchen scene from ch12. This an issue with one of the images. This is the correct image just put it in the image folder in the game folder and overwrite. That should clear up the problem.
Thank you...worked perfectly. Was getting really frustrated.

Reactions: Alex5280
Jun 30, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/12bss3.jpg'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 24585, in script
    ma "Where do I begin... The guests are gone, they left very early in the morning."
Exception: Could not load image u'images/12bss3.jpg': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    ma "Where do I begin... The guests are gone, they left very early in the morning."
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/12bss3.jpg': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Dusklight Manor Episode13
Thu Mar 18 05:53:41 2021

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/12bss3.jpg'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\games\PC English Dusklight Manor Episode 13\DusklightManor-Episode13-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Dusklight Manor Episode13
Thu Mar 18 05:53:41 2021
I posted the fix for that 2 posts above yours.

3.50 star(s) 96 Votes