3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The leaf girl is really interesting, all the concept are very interesting though and the scene with the "fire" girl ( for lack of a better term, sorry) was good although maybe that effect would work better in a more dark scene maybe?
Does she have a super power or is intended as a magic creature? Just out of curiosity since until now you seem oriented toward magical/mythical type of powers and creatures?). :)
Yeah, the leaf girl brings up some interesting thoughts for a non-sexual character possibility. The "fire girl" came to me while playing with some of the shaders and masks for the effect. The idea was that the shader texture is one that emits light, so should have looked WAY cool in a dark room. Unfortunately they don't put out much light at all, mostly just to have a glowing look rather than illuminate.

Here are some of the "dark room" images I tried. It didn't even put out enough light to illuminate her face when I had her whole chest "lit". I was really dissapointed.
FingerShot02-01-01.jpg FingerShot02-02-01.jpg FingerShot02-03-01.jpg

I realized that I had all these fantasy "monster girls" but no witch/mage/sorceress/magic user which lead me to
YujinSorceress02-01.jpg YujinSorceress01-01.jpg

I loves me some sexy monster girls, but a hot magic chic is.......well, hot!:love:

As I am getting back to working on the game, I am reworking the whole concept a little. I kind of rushed into things just trying to finally get something off the ground. My basic story is going to stay the same as my original idea, and the prolog story will not change at all just some scenes and renders, but I'm looking at the main story and changing some of the characters and main LI's and their individual stories. It all just felt rushed as I was looking back over it. A little too trite and shallow.
I now understand why so many games get reworked, and why reworks sometimes kill a game. It's depressing to have to go remake scenes and dozens of renders that took you a long time to do the first time. In this case I don't have any current players to piss off with the changes :ROFLMAO:. I think ultimately it will make a better product and has already changed the procedures I use so that once I get rolling, my work flow will be much better.

Very slight game spoiler:
The prolog will take place in one "world" (for lack of a better term) and the rest of the story will take place in a completely different "world". This means there will be VERY few assets/scenes/characters that carry over into the main story. The update between the release of the prolog and the release of "chapter 1" may be the longest because it's like starting over. I may decide to finish the prolog, but not release it until I've got a chunk of the first chapter done to keep the time between initial release and first update down. Of course then I can take months or years for the next update and just milk tha Patreons for thousands of dollars a month. At least that's my understanding of what I'm supposed to do:unsure:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Yeah, the leaf girl brings up some interesting thoughts for a non-sexual character possibility. The "fire girl" came to me while playing with some of the shaders and masks for the effect. The idea was that the shader texture is one that emits light, so should have looked WAY cool in a dark room. Unfortunately they don't put out much light at all, mostly just to have a glowing look rather than illuminate.

Here are some of the "dark room" images I tried. It didn't even put out enough light to illuminate her face when I had her whole chest "lit". I was really dissapointed.
View attachment 2641221 View attachment 2641222 View attachment 2641223

I realized that I had all these fantasy "monster girls" but no witch/mage/sorceress/magic user which lead me to
View attachment 2641231 View attachment 2641232

I loves me some sexy monster girls, but a hot magic chic is.......well, hot!:love:

As I am getting back to working on the game, I am reworking the whole concept a little. I kind of rushed into things just trying to finally get something off the ground. My basic story is going to stay the same as my original idea, and the prolog story will not change at all just some scenes and renders, but I'm looking at the main story and changing some of the characters and main LI's and their individual stories. It all just felt rushed as I was looking back over it. A little too trite and shallow.
I now understand why so many games get reworked, and why reworks sometimes kill a game. It's depressing to have to go remake scenes and dozens of renders that took you a long time to do the first time. In this case I don't have any current players to piss off with the changes :ROFLMAO:. I think ultimately it will make a better product and has already changed the procedures I use so that once I get rolling, my work flow will be much better.

Very slight game spoiler:
The prolog will take place in one "world" (for lack of a better term) and the rest of the story will take place in a completely different "world". This means there will be VERY few assets/scenes/characters that carry over into the main story. The update between the release of the prolog and the release of "chapter 1" may be the longest because it's like starting over. I may decide to finish the prolog, but not release it until I've got a chunk of the first chapter done to keep the time between initial release and first update down. Of course then I can take months or years for the next update and just milk tha Patreons for thousands of dollars a month. At least that's my understanding of what I'm supposed to do:unsure:
Ah!Ah!Ah! Sorry but the last part of your post cracked me up, that would be the perfect scheme ever in order to trigger a lot of peoples!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jokes apart it's very interesting to see this behind the scene process, and I understand the struggle you're facing.
Yeah the scenes with the fire girl present a lot of technical difficulties to overcome, you will need to plan them carefully I think, and I agree on the leaf girl it could be used in many different contest.

I think the planning stage is the most time consuming, since it's difficult to be as much original as you can while at the same time creating a story that can be captivating enough to lure as more peoples as possible in and enjoy it.
Also it's live and learn type of route, and in that is also included the learning steep hill of having a good workflow in order to create a good chunk of content and then release update at a good pace.
It surely is a great challenge so I hope that everything will go as smooth as possible, and if you need time to balance everything out it's better you take the time now, instead of adjusting things after.
Best of luck for your project, I'm in and can't wait to see.:giggle::giggle:

PS.I love her, you nailed everything on the sorceress/mage design ( and the elf ears are a plus on my book:love::love::love:)

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
Ah!Ah!Ah! Sorry but the last part of your post cracked me up, that would be the perfect scheme ever in order to trigger a lot of peoples!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jokes apart it's very interesting to see this behind the scene process, and I understand the struggle you're facing.
Yeah the scenes with the fire girl present a lot of technical difficulties to overcome, you will need to plan them carefully I think, and I agree on the leaf girl it could be used in many different contest.

I think the planning stage is the most time consuming, since it's difficult to be as much original as you can while at the same time creating a story that can be captivating enough to lure as more peoples as possible in and enjoy it.
Also it's live and learn type of route, and in that is also included the learning steep hill of having a good workflow in order to create a good chunk of content and then release update at a good pace.
It surely is a great challenge so I hope that everything will go as smooth as possible, and if you need time to balance everything out it's better you take the time now, instead of adjusting things after.

PS.I love her, you nailed everything on the sorceress/mage design ( and the elf ears are a plus on my book:love::love::love:)
Can we smoke the leaf girl ? Is that a context ?
I like your process dev too !

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

I liked her with human ears, then was playing with things and elf ears were the final tough. I know people are going to accuse me of having an elf fetish, but.......well damnit I have an elf fetish :LOL:

Redheads, freckles, athletic girls, Elves, Catgirls, odd hair colors.....wait, I've got a lot of girl fetishes it turns out:unsure:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Dylan741

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok, all these cool skin effect girls can never be a love/sex interest :cry:
The asset/process that makes it completely implodes when you try and add genitals. That kind of defeats the purpose of an "adult" visual novel character :cautious:.
I've tried all three of the major female genital assets and every one of them ends up looking like a white plastic pussy glued to a woman's body. Yuck! (if you're into that, don't tell me......just don't tell me)

Gonna go design another magic chic to distract my sadness. It was looking like a really cool effect. Might get used for a side character

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I liked her with human ears, then was playing with things and elf ears were the final tough. I know people are going to accuse me of having an elf fetish, but.......well damnit I have an elf fetish :LOL:

Redheads, freckles, athletic girls, Elves, Catgirls, odd hair colors.....wait, I've got a lot of girl fetishes it turns out:unsure:
Good, good they are all great in my book ( maybe it's due to the fact that they are mine as well? :unsure::D) so let's welcome elf ears when we have the opportunity to do so! :sneaky:(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: HogRocket

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I don't know what's more disturbing; the fact that you can get sex lube in 55 gallon drums, or the fact that you can get that much on Amazon :unsure::oops:o_O

Either that or pour it out into a children's wading pool and jump in. Of just get the whole orgy naked and pour it over the top :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well perhaps after mud wrestling and jello wrestling, lube wrestling is the new trend in kinky combat sports?
:)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
HogRocket, don't bite off more than you can chew :)

I suppose Nami is from Summer's Gone and Tara from Mythos.
But who are the other girls?
Nova is from Eternum. She's the girl in Dylan741's avatar picture
Kat is from Serenity
Iris is a side character from Mythic Manor who got so popular she's been promoted to LI.
Lucy is from Hero's Harem Guild although I wouldn't say "no" to Lucy from My New Family either
Hannah from Between Two Worlds
Avis from Fates Collide
Cece from Leap of Faith

......Dangit!.....you got me started again. At least I stopped before I got to 50

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Damnit! I fall a little bit in love with every girl I make. If I had the time, talent, and computing power my AVN would have 214 girls in it probably

I love this environment, especially for night shots, but it takes a stupid long time for every render because it's so detailed of a model
CypherSorceress01-01.jpg CypherSorceress02-01.jpg

quick HDRI background
CypherSorceress03-01.jpg CypherSorceress03-02.jpg CypherSorceress04-01.jpg

Sep 3, 2020
Damnit! I fall a little bit in love with every girl I make. If I had the time, talent, and computing power my AVN would have 214 girls in it probably

I love this environment, especially for night shots, but it takes a stupid long time for every render because it's so detailed of a model
View attachment 2642327 View attachment 2642328

quick HDRI background
View attachment 2642330 View attachment 2642332 View attachment 2642386
God damn it bro why does every girl in this game look so badass and cool

you do know I can only pick one of them right

• Thinking Face

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
God damn it bro why does every girl in this game look so badass and cool

you do know I can only pick one of them right
You think you're having problems? I have to narrow it down to only a few to include in the game for you to pick from! It's kind of like saying "pick your favorite child". I, seriously, have a stable of girls I have to pare down to 4-5 to include in the game. I don't want to have too many ultra-hot background characters that people want promoted so can't throw them all in at some level. Besides, that leaves them available for any future works ;). I'm going to keep designing girls and when I get back to the prolog rework, I'll look through them and see which ones tell me a story. The top stories that I feel, that fit with the overall plot, will get into the game. Kind of like an audition. A couple of girls I feel a story for but they already don't match this plot.

I'm hoping as I get better, and make characters, some just jump out at me. Some of the characters that I had already written outlines for no longer interest me and don't "speak" to me. I was trying to bang out a character to get something published, I didn't really put any thought into them. I have one girl from my first game idea, that I have a complete story in my head for - but it doesn't fit this plot. Her story will probably never change. I have others that they're cute enough but their story in my head just isn't as interesting as I would like.

Because of the catastrophe that lead me to step back for a bit, I'm doing a lot of rethinking now so I don't do a "rework failure" later. Only one girl I had planned for the main story before now is still in the game for sure (even though I have changed her story some). The others have either been dropped altogether, or will have to "compete" for a spot against the new girls.

This is a wordy response to a rhetorical question, but I feel I owe it to those few of you who know of this and follow and support what's going on to see where I am and what's in the pipeline.

A teaser of a character workup for Nefari from Mythic Manor who will make a cameo appearance. I've probably posted this before, but I don't care. I like it and she's one of the two best girls in the game.
NefariCameo05.jpg

Sep 3, 2020
You think you're having problems? I have to narrow it down to only a few to include in the game for you to pick from! It's kind of like saying "pick your favorite child". I, seriously, have a stable of girls I have to pare down to 4-5 to include in the game. I don't want to have too many ultra-hot background characters that people want promoted so can't throw them all in at some level. Besides, that leaves them available for any future works ;). I'm going to keep designing girls and when I get back to the prolog rework, I'll look through them and see which ones tell me a story. The top stories that I feel, that fit with the overall plot, will get into the game. Kind of like an audition. A couple of girls I feel a story for but they already don't match this plot.

I'm hoping as I get better, and make characters, some just jump out at me. Some of the characters that I had already written outlines for no longer interest me and don't "speak" to me. I was trying to bang out a character to get something published, I didn't really put any thought into them. I have one girl from my first game idea, that I have a complete story in my head for - but it doesn't fit this plot. Her story will probably never change. I have others that they're cute enough but their story in my head just isn't as interesting as I would like.

Because of the catastrophe that lead me to step back for a bit, I'm doing a lot of rethinking now so I don't do a "rework failure" later. Only one girl I had planned for the main story before now is still in the game for sure (even though I have changed her story some). The others have either been dropped altogether, or will have to "compete" for a spot against the new girls.

This is a wordy response to a rhetorical question, but I feel I owe it to those few of you who know of this and follow and support what's going on to see where I am and what's in the pipeline.

A teaser of a character workup for Nefari from Mythic Manor who will make a cameo appearance. I've probably posted this before, but I don't care. I like it and she's one of the two best girls in the game.
View attachment 2643744
well I always love reading your long responses

I'm glad there's finally a developer that gets it you don't have to fill your game with 100 girls

I always prefer the developer to keep it small and save the rest of the girls for the next games

that way you can avoid the problem of somebody falling in love with a side girl and getting disappointed and heartbroken

when they find out that she's just a side girl and doesn't have an ending with you

like what happened to me with becoming a rockstar that game was so disappointing:cry:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
A closeup of the Dryad I posted elsewhere
MartyDryad02-02.jpg MartyDryad03-01.jpg

Using the wood shaders for skin doesn't allow me to use any makeup or eyeliner. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. The eyes seem a little bland, but you wouldn't expect to see a Dryad wearing much makeup. Natural colors would be nice to dress up the eyes a little. Meh, we'll see if I can make it work somehow, or if everyone likes her like this. Might not be a main, or might.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just because I like y'all
IslaSwim0Orca01-03.jpg IslaSwim02-01.jpg MyrielElf01-03.jpg

Been working on an actual scene from the game and was going to add a render here. Back to my original problem of a scene just not rendering at all. Blank. Nothing. I've tried all the tricks I've learned recently and no good. I'm going to have to start the whole scene over AGAIN and see where it breaks down, if at all this time.
Sorry the scene isn't here.

Sep 3, 2020
Just because I like y'all
View attachment 2663224 View attachment 2663230 View attachment 2664949

Been working on an actual scene from the game and was going to add a render here. Back to my original problem of a scene just not rendering at all. Blank. Nothing. I've tried all the tricks I've learned recently and no good. I'm going to have to start the whole scene over AGAIN and see where it breaks down, if at all this time.
Sorry the scene isn't here.
must resist a Free Willy joke mmmm
Mmmmm must resist

oh beautiful mermaid of the sea please help me free my willy

from my pants so I can Splash all over your face girl

or
what a coincidence that your half fish I'm half

sperm whale and its mating season

• Thinking Face