3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
How's this? Totally NOT Sascha with a new hair color..... :oops: View attachment 1965825
the buck tooth kind of ruins it! ALMOST I GUESS I CAN ALWAYS CLOSE HER MOUTH USING A MEAT CORK!

If. It turns out to be true you guys can have every other girl in the game I just want to make sure I don't

want to be stuck married to a girl that sweet and nice and talks about rainbows and kittens I mean, looks

can be deceiving how do I know that the fairy/angel Is not a cold-blooded killer that likes to Tie man up

and leaves bite marks all over their body?
/me slaps Vidal the king of Pervert
VD : wtf
/me back traps the movement and backslaps him!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU! i hereby revoke your bro code card and remove every shotgun previleges except the one of being shoot to keep your fucking dignity! ffs man up you cuck!

Sep 3, 2020
the buck tooth kind of ruins it! ALMOST I GUESS I CAN ALWAYS CLOSE HER MOUTH USING A MEAT CORK!

/me slaps Vidal the king of Pervert
VD : wtf
/me back traps the movement and backslaps him!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU! i hereby revoke your bro code card and remove every shotgun previleges except the one of being shoot to keep your fucking dignity! ffs man up you cuck!
aaaw I thought Mom told you use your words

no hitting

and for your information, nobody touches the woman I love

but me so I'm not a cuck

I'm a simp

oooo you meant cuck as in crazy well that's still not very nice

Reactions: HogRocket

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
hey Hog how is your character-studies doing?!?
he tried to make me the villain and it broke the game and his mind? complex villains are hard to describe!

but one day i will be the best villain in an AVN with a shitload of NTR fuck i can even become the arch nemesis opponent to the MC he fucks my girl i fuck his mother and so forth and so forth!

in the end in the final confrontation i will ask hog MC "can you trully bring yourself to kill the daddy of your younger sister and the daddy of your niece?" - and his reply will be something like "you tried to kill the bio dad of your wifes own son!"

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
hey Hog how is your character-studies doing?!?
I'm actually starting to layout and do scene renders for the first part of the game. I'm going to throw some up here sometime this week. I had hoped to get it done before the weekend, but it didn't happen and I had to go out of town.

I wrote out a story as if I was writing a book. When I tried to lay out the scenes I described I found I could not make them happen as I visualized due to lack of experience, talent, and resources. I'm changing the story as I lay out scenes. I will go back and write a "novelization" of the story that has been rendered to fit what exists, then I will write the scene dialog script from that. I kind of knew this was going to be how I did it, it's just frustrating sometimes when things that would be epic I just can't make happen. Even though I bought a new computer recently with good resources, there are some scenes that just refuse to render and I have to render two partial scenes and combine them in GIMP (free graphic editing program like Photoshop). I'm going to try to get a beta prolog version (or demo) by the end of the year, but with work done beyond that. I signed up for an online Python programming course through my local college's continuing education department so that I will be better able to understand Ren'Py.

tl;dr - good, check back soon :ROFLMAO:

he tried to make me the villain and it broke the game and his mind? complex villains are hard to describe!

but one day i will be the best villain in an AVN with a shitload of NTR fuck i can even become the arch nemesis opponent to the MC he fucks my girl i fuck his mother and so forth and so forth!

in the end in the final confrontation i will ask hog MC "can you trully bring yourself to kill the daddy of your younger sister and the daddy of your niece?" - and his reply will be something like "you tried to kill the bio dad of your wifes own son!"
I'm going to use you for the model for the second, longer, darker game

Sep 3, 2020

View attachment final_6315ef05d85bf70079e5a3b5_582940.mp4

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok people. These are a first pass at actual scene renders for the game which may or may not have a name yet. As I said before, things are changing daily based on what I'm capable of making happen; or in most cases NOT able to make happen.

These are slightly low resolution to keep loading times down.

In no particular order......
01-01.png 01-02.png 01-03.png 01-04.png 01-05.png 01-06.png

By mistake I almost posted a couple that would be spoilers :eek::eek:

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
  • Haha

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
a few ideas:

:WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart:
a) she's not technically throwing lightning....as such :oops:

b) "the sign said employees must wash hands, but no employee has come to wash my hands yet" :unsure:

c) close

d) it's actually blue, but the blue water and bubbles kind of wash it out

e) your "s" looks like an "h" :unsure:

f) Miss Tara just might show up.....ya never know ;);)

• Haha
Reactions: matschbirne

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
since sylphia island lost in the vastness of the ocean I am very happy about every sign of life about Celeste ;)

• Red Heart

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
since sylphia island lost in the vastness of the ocean I am very happy about every sign of life about Celeste ;)
Yeah, don't get me started on that too much. I started with Sylphine, never played Sylphia Island, and it went from being my hands-down favorite to "I want a refund" on Patreon. :mad::mad::mad:
Been wanting to do all the girls for a long time, but there's no way I can figure them out AND make my own game. I've been looking for Celeste-worthy assets since I first downloaded Daz, when Sylphine was still going. I actually think I may have found a base model today that might be closer and give me a more accurate copy. I'll have to work it in with all the other stuff.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Different base model and some fine tuning tweaks.....maybe closer?
CelesteRavynne01-02.png

gotta quit playing with Celeste ( :oops: I did not mean it that way) and get back to game renders! It's too tempting to spend time on replicating girls I like instead of working on my own :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
this feisty girl was my favorite since the beginning.
But let's not talk about past love... This is obviously distracting you from your work. :cautious:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
SHITshitshitshitshit.

shit

At my stage of knowledge, I have to make a separate scene for each render. There are ways around this, but I screw them up at this point. I just got to the 5th scene I've laid out for one set of renders and noticed I had made a fundamental mistake and have to go back and change 4 other files and check them to see if that screwed them up.

shit

SHITshitshitshitshit

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok. Last setback pissed me off bad....but I've learned from it.....that's the point. It also pissed me off to where I've had a pretty productive time since then. I have cleaned up that mistake and improved those layouts and done basic layout on (what will be) several more renders. I've also firmed up the story flow on the opening. Right now my organization of scenes and renders is completely screwed. When I started Daz, I kept everything in the Daz default folders on my main drive. That got huge and confusing even with folder and sub folders so I started keeping stuff on my secondary drive. Great. Until I decided to develop a game - location number three. Then I decided to be smart and make a simpler game to gain experience - location number four. I am (slowly) in the process of getting all the files surrounding this game/VN into one location to keep a more accurate count, easier file location, etc. I should have it fixed sometime around November.......2065:eek: :ROFLMAO: .

I can't show you any of the work I've done since the screw up for two reasons -
(1) I did mostly just scene development and no renders (that's another thing I learned, don't render every scene as you do it; you'll probably have to change something and rerender so just do layouts until everything flows than start grinding the renders.
(2) NO SPOILERS YET, BITCHES!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To make up for it, here is a couple of renders I did of Kat from Serenity for a cameo appearance in the game (which I guess is a little spoiler, but what the hell - y'all deserve it!
Kat01-02A.png
Kat01-02.png

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Designing and fiddling with characters is fun and the root of a game or VN, but the sets are where the work is and what makes a scene come alive. It's also a frustrating pain in the ass. Due to the size and complexity, it WAY slows down the computer and takes forever to render. The other thing is, unless all your story takes place during daytime or indoors in lots of light, lighting a scene can take forever. The other thing I've found is that low light levels that look correct on the screen render badly. Daz tries to render the scene with the light at hand and it makes a lower resolution end product than you want. The trick is to light it correctly, turn up all the lighting values so that the scene renders, then take it into GIMP (or Photoshop) and lower the light level of the final render. Adds post processing to every render :cautious: but makes a better product. This is a side by side of some of the difference

Basic Treehouse
TreeHouseStandardExterior.png

As dressed and rendered. Good but too bright for nighttime.
TreehousTest01-01.png

After Exposure minor compensation. Better. Would probably do something to keep detail in the trees for actual game render.
TreehousTest01-01A.png

Standard Interior, basic lighting
TreeHouseStandardinterior.png

Standard Interior, increased lighting. Much more detail
TreeHouseStandardinteriorlight.png

Same bright image, minor exposure compensation. You can see more detail in this one than the first one of similar brightness.
TreeHouseStandardinteriorlight01A.png

Interior as dressed and rendered by me, lots of light. Too bright for candlelight
TreeHouseINterior.png

Same image with minor exposure compensation. Better but the "starlights" over the plants are too dark now.
TreeHouseINterior.pngnterior01A.png

Same image with heavier editing to bring down the light on the left but not the right. Quick and dirty, you can spot the area where they split
TreeHouseINterior.pngnterior01B.png

Ok, people. More images, none of them girls but still from the game (probably). Set dressing the treehouse and getting it lit and everything took me the better part of two days, with some work on other living quarters. This has made me want to go back and redo the house that I've already done layouts for 25 renders. Won't be horrible. Once I get the house like I want it I can merge the people from the originals into the new scenes and tweak them ( I hope). This is going to delay things, but I'm no where near ready to realease anything for months anyway and hopefully it will make a better product in the long run. I don't want to hate my earliest chapters and feel like redoing them. Too many games have died in "rework" or in some cases look worse.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared