3D-Daz Early character studies for future game - no name yet

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I can see why games get stalled, sometimes to death, when doing reworks. I made a couple of fundamental changes in one character and one set for the opening chapter and (a week later) I'm still not finished updating all the changes necessary; and I don't have full sequences or renders of these scenes yet.
Oh well, better content is.....better? and it's better to do it now than 5 chapters in :oops::eek:

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
I can see why games get stalled, sometimes to death, when doing reworks. I made a couple of fundamental changes in one character and one set for the opening chapter and (a week later) I'm still not finished updating all the changes necessary; and I don't have full sequences or renders of these scenes yet.
Oh well, better content is.....better? and it's better to do it now than 5 chapters in :oops::eek:
I keep thinking of ideas for a game, but I don't have nearly the time or patience to put up with what devs deal with.

Reactions: HogRocket
Sep 3, 2020
don't worry about it my brother there is no rush just enjoy the creative process

and don't forget to have fun while doing it

game development is not a race it's a marathon

• Red Heart
Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I keep thinking of ideas for a game, but I don't have nearly the time or patience to put up with what devs deal with.
I don't either, that's why it's so frustrating. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Honestly I got started down this slippery slope by starting to play with Blender and Daz. I started trying to copy girls I liked in games, or came up with scenes as a response to a thread post and it grew from there......like a disease:eek::ROFLMAO:

don't worry about it my brother there is no rush just enjoy the creative process

Yeah, it's just frustrating to start over and have to rework stuff. I want to get the story out there, but hit a roadblock. The good thing is - every time I have to rework a scene it makes me keep thinking about the story and the process and helps refine it some. That's why I gave myself a reverse-deadline of "not until the first of the year at the earliest" to give me time and not rush things. I'm just getting scenes layed out and characters the way I want them, I STILL have to learn Ren'Py :oops::eek:

Hog trained for an ironman :sneaky:
You've been hanging out at my private Maui training grounds again.....

IronHog.png

Sep 3, 2020
I don't either, that's why it's so frustrating. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Honestly I got started down this slippery slope by starting to play with Blender and Daz. I started trying to copy girls I liked in games, or came up with scenes as a response to a thread post and it grew from there......like a disease:eek::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, it's just frustrating to start over and have to rework stuff. I want to get the story out there, but hit a roadblock. The good thing is - every time I have to rework a scene it makes me keep thinking about the story and the process and helps refine it some. That's why I gave myself a reverse-deadline of "not until the first of the year at the earliest" to give me time and not rush things. I'm just getting scenes layed out and characters the way I want them, I STILL have to learn Ren'Py :oops::eek:

You've been hanging out at my private Maui training grounds again.....

View attachment 2068314
View attachment final_63335dde078b6f00d239a86f_171619.mp4

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
plaything!

its a game concept i have considered lately!

poor theater actor and the entire game revolves around building up chemistry with the girls and guys whit whom you act the plays so that you can increase the overall money output per play!

different paths can be different theater casts with different ensembles

every new chapter could be a new play something like Shakespear, Moliere and then Gothe plays!

the overall aim of the game would be managing the play group, perhaps even add a kind of recruitment system for new actors (like sacrifice a bitch to get a new amazing male actor! or recruit a new actress and bang her into oblivion)

then also as a management gig so to speak every actor gets points per play played, per rehearsal and so forth in different categories (comedy, drama, charisma, inspirational!)

so basically ren`py story wise and management resources simulator and team leadership/human resources management!

you can add balancing issues by the actors talent divided by their wage, raise their wage or loose them (or enslave the bitches... including your 2 best male friends to keep them...), go bankrupt by not being able to pay the rent for the house were you perform!

its just a concept but considering the theme it should be pretty easy to find a story... its a game full of them!

so not a fap but tantric sex!
reworking and playing with this scene and testing depth-of-field camera settings

View attachment 2069664

View attachment 2069694

View attachment 2069700
get some stills and put down the story, thats what matters!

you want to tell a story, pretty images and animations are like adding sugar to stuff but it does not determine the quality of the dish being served!

if its good they will trickle in, but get the great images and animations without the engaging story and you get the lowlifes who are only there for the fapping and will not support you on patreon!

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
plaything!

its a game concept i have considered lately!

poor theater actor and the entire game revolves around building up chemistry with the girls and guys whit whom you act the plays so that you can increase the overall money output per play!

different paths can be different theater casts with different ensembles

every new chapter could be a new play something like Shakespear, Moliere and then Gothe plays!

the overall aim of the game would be managing the play group, perhaps even add a kind of recruitment system for new actors (like sacrifice a bitch to get a new amazing male actor! or recruit a new actress and bang her into oblivion)

then also as a management gig so to speak every actor gets points per play played, per rehearsal and so forth in different categories (comedy, drama, charisma, inspirational!)

so basically ren`py story wise and management resources simulator and team leadership/human resources management!

you can add balancing issues by the actors talent divided by their wage, raise their wage or loose them (or enslave the bitches... including your 2 best male friends to keep them...), go bankrupt by not being able to pay the rent for the house were you perform!

its just a concept but considering the theme it should be pretty easy to find a story... its a game full of them!
so not a fap but tantric sex!
get some stills and put down the story, thats what matters!

you want to tell a story, pretty images and animations are like adding sugar to stuff but it does not determine the quality of the dish being served!

if its good they will trickle in, but get the great images and animations without the engaging story and you get the lowlifes who are only there for the fapping and will not support you on patreon!
I've got a story, two as a matter of fact. This one is going to be a shorter, less "deep" story to get me started. I have seen games with great story and crap graphics, crap story and great graphics, great story and great graphics and crap story and crap graphics. My preference is, of course for great story and great graphics; but I'm not going to let y'all into the story aspect yet! No spoilers! ;) . The artwork I can share small pieces of as a teaser and to get feedback. It also shows I'm still working and haven't given up. I had one character I made, that I liked, that when I started putting together the scenes; she didn't fit the story. I came up with a whole new character, and when I put her into the same scenes - she "spoke" to me better. For me the story and the pictures have to fit together seamlessly. Considering that one page of story might be 10-20-50-100 images depending on many factors, getting the basic scene and lighting is extremely important. I used to be a photographer, to the visual story is as important as the written story to me. There are some games with REALLY crappy artwork that I follow because of the story. There are some games that are visually stunning with weak plots that I follow because I love looking at them, then there are games like "Summer's Gone", "What a Legend", "Eternum" and the like that have both (to me).

As J.R.R. Tolkien said "the tale grew in the telling". I had an outline and wrote a short story that fleshed it out. As I make characters and scenes, I learn what I can and can not do with that story. For the most part I have gained more ideas from the images than I have had to abandon. My worry is that my "simple" story will become as complex as the one to come later - so I keep making it less complicated, but some of those ideas are getting moved to the later game.

Ultimately I'm going to produce my story. If people like it, great. If they don't but I do, great. I've seen too many devs that tried to make their story, but make everyone happy and it never worked well. Poorer story and sometimes halted the title altogether. I can't call myself a perfectionist, because it's not going to be perfect, but it does have to reach a certain level of quality or I'm just not going to do it.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
and once again Vidal fell into Warscared's trap.

View attachment 2070030
Every time

its worse then that, i was not even setting a trap but he just went on automatic i guess!
I think you set traps, especially for Vidal, without meaning too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

God damn it that's not what I meant

I was having a deep and meaningful conversation about game development and
Warscared

made it dirty
Always :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: