RPGM Completed Earth Defender Valkyrie Kagura ~Their body used as a seedbed for breeding~ [v1.0] [yaminabedaiichikantai]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Hmm. The developer's notes mention a demo and 'only in retail version'. Are we sure this is the full thing?

Reactions: PitayaPear

Meowstrophe

Jan 11, 2020
Hmm. The developer's notes mention a demo and 'only in retail version'. Are we sure this is the full thing?
Can assure you this is the full thing, developer notes lazily taken from dlsite en where you can get the demo first before buying it, and if it's truly a demo, I would've said so on the title or somewhere around the op other than the developer notes

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
but if you need to change locale just to UNPACK the game then he fucked up.

most likely packed the game in jap locale, which screws over all non jap locale users.
Or use the setting I mentioned that takes literal seconds to enable that has virtually no reason to ever then be disabled, anyone unpacking the game has access to, and is one of the most basic steps for pirating foreign games.

Alternatively use a competent locale changing program like Locale Emulator that makes it literally take a right and left click to change the locale you use to open a file, which is also something you should already have when pirating foreign games.

Again, they followed all the rules for uploading, besides listing an installation step, and there is nothing wrong with the archive, so calling it an error seems incorrect especially when numerous other archives on the site are uploaded like that with no issue.

Reactions: Pyrrical

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Well, they've killed all the men and turned the world into one lone tiny continent.

The game is grindy. Enemies are tough for the Points(Money, also technically EXP) they give. You're often better off not fighting at all. Of course, the point is to lose.

Point to note-there's an item you start with that allows you to redistribute your stats entirely, either costing or refunding your 'Points' depending on whether you're increasing/decreasing.

alasad

Jun 13, 2017
Or use the setting I mentioned that takes literal seconds to enable that has virtually no reason to ever then be disabled
which setting? where did you post that? in this thread? i dont see any post where you talked about a setting in 7zip.

calling it an error seems incorrect
if anyone with 7zip cant unpack the game correctly without changing locale, then it is indeed incorrect. i already said how to pack it correctly, dont know what else to tell you.
still not sure if this is only a problem with 7zip or if other programs have that too.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
which setting? where did you post that? in this thread? i dont see any post where you talked about a setting in 7zip.

if anyone with 7zip cant unpack the game correctly without changing locale, then it is indeed incorrect. i already said how to pack it correctly, dont know what else to tell you.
still not sure if this is only a problem with 7zip or if other programs have that too.
Read my first post in the thread, which you already responded to, and you'll see I referred to a setting without any specifics being provided, this is because I should not have to explain how to use the encoding setting on an archive (It's one of the main functions of an archiver program, this really shouldn't ever need elaboration).

And if there is no rule dictating that an archive needs to be uploaded in a manner compatible with all language encodings, then there is not something incorrect with the way it was packed (and if such a rule is there, point it out to the many other threads on this site who apparently failed to follow this rule).

Also we really should stop derailing a thread.

Masamura

May 1, 2017
You only need to run 7zip with local emulator ( in japaness ) to extract it easily. Or any other program with easier access to encoding options.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Seriously why DO people insist on packaging these games in .zip? It's like the exact worst archive format for dealing with nonstandard symbols (ie. JP letters) and requires jumping through some hoops that Joe Schmuck isn't going to even know about.

Just pick .rar or .7zip from the menu instead, jeez.

daiaji

Dec 14, 2017
Seriously why DO people insist on packaging these games in .zip? It's like the exact worst archive format for dealing with nonstandard symbols (ie. JP letters) and requires jumping through some hoops that Joe Schmuck isn't going to even know about.

Just pick .rar or .7zip from the menu instead, jeez.
If you have the experience of buying games on dlsite, you will find that after making dlsite buy the game and download it, you will get a zip compressed package encoded with shift-jis. When you want to be a pirate, you only need to zip this Just upload to Cloud Storage. It's that simple. The question often comes back to why dlsite is still using zip in 2021. Perhaps it is because Windows natively supports zip instead of 7z or rar.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
If you have the experience of buying games on dlsite, you will find that after making dlsite buy the game and download it, you will get a zip compressed package encoded with shift-jis. When you want to be a pirate, you only need to zip this Just upload to Cloud Storage. It's that simple. The question often comes back to why dlsite is still using zip in 2021. Perhaps it is because Windows natively supports zip instead of 7z or rar.
Probably because, if I understood correctly, that site was originally "for Asians by Asians" and could assume by default the customer base would have their systems in the appropriate locale.

However last I checked games uploaded *here* usually aren't straight from the site but have been unpacked, modified to one degree or another (ie. TL and whatnot) and then repacked - why people stubbornly stick to .zip for that last step, I have no idea.

daiaji

Dec 14, 2017
Probably because, if I understood correctly, that site was originally "for Asians by Asians" and could assume by default the customer base would have their systems in the appropriate locale.

However last I checked games uploaded *here* usually aren't straight from the site but have been unpacked, modified to one degree or another (ie. TL and whatnot) and then repacked - why people stubbornly stick to .zip for that last step, I have no idea.
In fact, the product is not even sold to Asians, but the product is only sold to Japanese. The shift-jis code is only used by Japanese people. When you buy dlsite games in other parts of Asia, you have to adjust the code used by the decompression software. Out of the box is only for Japanese users.

dlsite now has a small number of products internationalized, but most of the games still use shift-jis encoded zip compression package packaging. The question seems to have become "Why not thoroughly internationalize?" I can only understand that this is the peculiar stubbornness and conservativeness of the Japanese.
In fact, the internationalization of dlsite seems to have only happened in recent years, including the search for steam agents and a small number of internationalized games.

In addition, generally speaking, unless your system uses shift-jis encoding, it is unlikely to generate a shift-jis-encoded zip archive. This should be because the translator's OS is also using shift-jis encoding.
Compression into zip seems to be just a habit.
However, the translated game is still packed with shift-jis encoded zip, which looks weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: PitayaPear
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes