2.50 star(s) 6 Votes

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
I think if any developer has taken 1 year to render just enough images for a 0.1 release they may want to look into a new hobby.

In this case it was a typo so problem solved but still, your comment be silly.
I've only been using renpy & daz for about a month so no where near a year actually. I released Earth Girls Are 4/28/19

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Wow. Great start. Nothing sexual however the writing is great. Real English gets 5 Stars. Great story line gets 5 Stars. Very imaginative gets 5 Stars. Great art work gets 5 Stars. Love the fucking talking dog thing. If this game does not make the top ten on this forum the members are idiots.
Thanks for your kind words. This is a first version so I spent most of my time working on the framework of my game. I do have adult content planned for future updates. The early going in a stat builder/dating sim tends to focus mostly on the stats and building the relationship level with characters.

Reactions: Tease Me

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Looks awesome, any chance for a Mac build?
Thanks. Sorry, I didn't have renpy create a mac version when I compiled version 0.11 as I wasn't sure if there would be a need for one. I've been updating my game for the next version but I could dig up a backup file to build a mac version if you still need one. Let me know.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Earth Girls Are? actually has nothing to do with the movie(Earth Girls Are Easy). The game is a stat builder, dating sim/harem where the player attends classes to improve his stats and thus be able to better influence girls. The player purchases a mind control device called a saber that also allows him to influence the girls. Thought this might be an interesting option for people who like less of a grind to their games.
that....was suppsoed to be a joke :/

(i need to work on my english more ...)

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Not to point out the incredibly obvious but I said in the bit you quoted it was typo.
I think Lydia just ran into the same conundrum I often have when making a post. Any thread in any forum tends to have multiple conversations interwoven and ongoing at any given time. Does one click reply on the last post related to an ongoing conversation within a thread, or does one try to hunt back through the thread and pick out the specific bits of text (possibly scattered amongst several posts) to which a response is directed. I believe she simply chose the former in this instance.

In other words (and not meaning to put words in her mouth) she likely wasn't actually aiming her response directly at you. She was just including the most recent post and saying... My comment is continuing this conversation.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
First thing that stands out to me is that multiple images seem to be viewed as if through a fisheye lens. Julia's first appearance is one such. The Earth is very oblong. The introductions in the hallway seem also distorted (to point out a few). Maybe it is an intentional stylization, but for me it hurts my eyes as they continually try to undistort the view.

Next I'll mention the outfits. It may just be me, but I am a bit confused. Many seem to be wearing a uniform, yet there does not seem to be anything uniform about it. I am certainly aware of situations where: well the jacket is optional, a skirt has an "acceptable" range, maybe a polo style or button up shirt are both allowed, etc. Long comment short, I'm mostly confused by the color variation. I feel like they should either follow a set color scheme; not wear uniforms at all; or have an in-game explanation as to why they seem to wear uniforms but none of them match. (Sure some people intentionally break rules like a dress code. However, I don't think people generally do it by buying an exact replica of the uniform but in a different color.)

Last I'll suggest a little more synchronization between the text and what is on screen or less "forced" actions (not a big deal to ignore but it helps with both immersion and of feeling in control of our character). Some may simply be a result of not-yet-implemented game options, but some seem implemented fully.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Curious where the story will lead though. Hope you keep at it.

Reactions: lydcreations

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
No.

So, You make shit look good?
Do you add ribbons and bows to it, or is it by comparison. :poop:
What? :LOL:

I was simply joking because you said this should be in 5 stars, repeatedly, when there are loads out there better that wouldn't get 5 stars. There's no need to get insulting.

The art and UI aren't that good, but the developer is very new to this and still learning, so it's understandable. Critiquing a game is good (like the post by radle above), it's how people get better. Falsely praising it isn't good.

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Are there particular scenes that you didn't like or do you not care for the style in general?
Oh, I haven't tried it yet, I was just commenting on the grammar of screenshots 2, 3 and 4. "Checkout" is what you do with a shopping cart; you check out an hawt gril @ da supamahkit. 3 is fine, just feels/sounds a little awkward. But I see you're a normal person now, so disregard, I fondle futas.

W4RL0RD

Jul 7, 2017
Wow. Great start. Nothing sexual however the writing is great. Real English gets 5 Stars. Great story line gets 5 Stars. Very imaginative gets 5 Stars. Great art work gets 5 Stars. Love the fucking talking dog thing. If this game does not make the top ten on this forum the members are idiots.
What? :LOL:

I was simply joking because you said this should be in 5 stars, repeatedly, when there are loads out there better that wouldn't get 5 stars. There's no need to get insulting.

The art and UI aren't that good, but the developer is very new to this and still learning, so it's understandable. Critiquing a game is good (like the post by radle above), it's how people get better. Falsely praising it isn't good.
I think the original post was meant sarcastically my dude, so joke's on you there really. no offense ofc.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
I think Lydia just ran into the same conundrum I often have when making a post. Any thread in any forum tends to have multiple conversations interwoven and ongoing at any given time. Does one click reply on the last post related to an ongoing conversation within a thread, or does one try to hunt back through the thread and pick out the specific bits of text (possibly scattered amongst several posts) to which a response is directed. I believe she simply chose the former in this instance.

In other words (and not meaning to put words in her mouth) she likely wasn't actually aiming her response directly at you. She was just including the most recent post and saying... My comment is continuing this conversation.
Yes exactly. Sorry for my poor context. I always have trouble knowing how to best respond to ongoing conversations.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
The perspective was so skewed that I couldn't play it...

View attachment 298102
Sorry about that . I'm new to daz. When I loaded a new set, it didn't keep my render settings. I remembered to fix the height and width to the 1920x1080 setting that renpy was using but totally missed the ratio was changed. Thus the images got stretched. I've fixed all but one I believe for the next version. Still trying to fix the last one but not getting the look that I want yet.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
First thing that stands out to me is that multiple images seem to be viewed as if through a fisheye lens. Julia's first appearance is one such. The Earth is very oblong. The introductions in the hallway seem also distorted (to point out a few). Maybe it is an intentional stylization, but for me it hurts my eyes as they continually try to undistort the view.
New to daz and my render settings were altered when I load a scene. I caught & changed the width and height for the renpy default but missed fixing the ratio so it stretched the images. I've fixed all but 1 I believe. Julia's wake up call. Don't know if it is some combo of the skin coloring and the rounding of the face from the stretching, but haven't had much luck in creating a new render for her that I like. The room is 100% better but I want to get the girl right as well.

Next I'll mention the outfits. It may just be me, but I am a bit confused. Many seem to be wearing a uniform, yet there does not seem to be anything uniform about it. I am certainly aware of situations where: well the jacket is optional, a skirt has an "acceptable" range, maybe a polo style or button up shirt are both allowed, etc. Long comment short, I'm mostly confused by the color variation. I feel like they should either follow a set color scheme; not wear uniforms at all; or have an in-game explanation as to why they seem to wear uniforms but none of them match. (Sure some people intentionally break rules like a dress code. However, I don't think people generally do it by buying an exact replica of the uniform but in a different color.)
I've been using 2 sets of uniforms for the school scenes. The halter & short skirts for the cheerleader crowd. The vest & skirt for the non cheerleader. The vest/skirts are from the same uniform set. Just used the different texture for the colors. To me, it's creating a custom uniform within the school uniform for each girl. For example, only Julia wears the red. Didn't intend to confuse anyone with it. Hopefully that made some sort of sense and won't be something of issue.

Last I'll suggest a little more synchronization between the text and what is on screen or less "forced" actions (not a big deal to ignore but it helps with both immersion and of feeling in control of our character). Some may simply be a result of not-yet-implemented game options, but some seem implemented fully.
The lincy scene was suppose to only fire if the player had various scenes with her during the day. I didn't get the conditional right so the action fired when it wasn't meant to.

A scene showing say just the britney/lyra table first. Then the player noticing julia & lincy as options at the same time that the render showing all 4 tables and getting into the player having choices to make. Or changing the text. Will keep in mind to consider the text phrasing and how well it matches the render.
Curious where the story will lead though. Hope you keep at it.
Thanks for taking the time to comment and all of your suggestions. Totally open to suggestions and hopefully came up with items posted here that addressed the items you mention. Please let me know if these do work or you have something different in mind that might work better.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Oh, I haven't tried it yet, I was just commenting on the grammar of screenshots 2, 3 and 4. "Checkout" is what you do with a shopping cart; you check out an hawt gril @ da supamahkit. 3 is fine, just feels/sounds a little awkward. But I see you're a normal person now, so disregard, I fondle futas.
Thanks for the clarification. I've noted this and will address in the next version.

Reactions: Chrathrard
2.50 star(s) 6 Votes