2.50 star(s) 6 Votes

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
What? :LOL:

I was simply joking because you said this should be in 5 stars, repeatedly, when there are loads out there better that wouldn't get 5 stars. There's no need to get insulting.

The art and UI aren't that good, but the developer is very new to this and still learning, so it's understandable. Critiquing a game is good (like the post by radle above), it's how people get better. Falsely praising it isn't good.
Since I was just praising the game does not change a thing. I will give my helpful critiques on his patron page or by message.

I rarely read all the dialogue in a game, and was so impressed by this game that, I praised it how I felt, and reviewed it the same way. The good points for me are.

So far we have not seen a 24" Schwanstuker.
No G Cupped Tits. Even though it is obvious that MC is a tit man.
There are no buckets of cum splashed on sleeping women just so we can have a Semi H scene on day one.

The Alien shows up as a talking dog that is surprised to learn that real dogs don't talk much to the amusement of the other aliens who seem to have some sort of extrasensory connection with him. Another alien Susan shows up as a Gamer on the MC's computer is most likely some sort of feedback option I am not sure. Then there is the Cosplaying robot alien with the Ouija Board tattoo on her breast who Again I think is the supply alien. I find these details in the storyline to be refreshing and deserving of praise.

Way too many games get praised their sex even though there is a repetitive story line of some magic being, giving the MC a weiner transplant and corruption powers. You do not know how sick I am of seeing some supposed college graduate stud with a ripped body and Giant Dick having sex with sleeping women because he does not have one ounce of respect or love for anyone including himself.

I will stick with my review as it stands and praise lydcreations here on this board, and I will give him my opinions on his patreon page.

and Pix I love you man :')

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Since I was just praising the game does not change a thing. I will give my helpful critiques on his patron page or by message.

I rarely read all the dialogue in a game, and was so impressed by this game that, I praised it how I felt, and reviewed it the same way. The good points for me are.

So far we have not seen a 24" Schwanstuker.
No G Cupped Tits. Even though it is obvious that MC is a tit man.
There are no buckets of cum splashed on sleeping women just so we can have a Semi H scene on day one.

The Alien shows up as a talking dog that is surprised to learn that real dogs don't talk much to the amusement of the other aliens who seem to have some sort of extrasensory connection with him. Another alien Susan shows up as a Gamer on the MC's computer is most likely some sort of feedback option I am not sure. Then there is the Cosplaying robot alien with the Ouija Board tattoo on her breast who Again I think is the supply alien. I find these details in the storyline to be refreshing and deserving of praise.

Way too many games get praised their sex even though there is a repetitive story line of some magic being, giving the MC a weiner transplant and corruption powers. You do not know how sick I am of seeing some supposed college graduate stud with a ripped body and Giant Dick having sex with sleeping women because he does not have one ounce of respect or love for anyone including himself.

I will stick with my review as it stands and praise lydcreations here on this board, and I will give him my opinions on his patreon page.

and Pix I love you man :')
Thanks for your story vote. And your very kind support that is helping me believe that I can make a good game if I keep trying to get better at it. Being a satire, Earth Girls will have exaggerated content such as a talking dog that doesn't know better. Susan is supposed to be a character from a game called Evermore that came with the off brand computer that the players parents purchased for him. I plan to work on this material for the next update so this becomes more clear. After all, getting the high score in Evermore got the player the gig of Earth champion. An accomplishment even if say only 10 people got to play the game. They only sold 10 of the off brand computers and the only way someone could get the game was to buy said computer.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
* Is it just me, or does Julia look kind of...squishy?

* This writing is overwrought. I hope that's intentional.

* Which girl is the stat display for?

* Why are the girls wearing different uniforms? Not that I mind, but I'd like an explanation of the inconsistency.

* Is this supposed to be college? Uniforms don't make sense in that context unless it's a military school.

* Once again, an action button without a choice. Why? (Check out Britney)

* Everyone looks squishy.

* Is the writing overwrought, or is this Engrish?

* The poses...I get trying to add some dynamism, but they just look silly. Of course, that may be the point. But perhaps changing camera anglesmight be a better idea.

* It might be a good idea to introduce Halia earlier.

* I think there may be too many characters, at least this early in the game. I'm starting to get bored and having a hard time telling them apart.

* This whole stuff with the talking dog is derailing what could be an interesting concept.

So, this prologue is too verbose, and I'm wondering if the plot isnt overcomplicated. Likely just the harem aspects would be enough to keep the game interesting. I know it will never happen, but I'd love to see the dev start over from the beginning. Anyway, it turned out to be more tedious than anything. I doubt I'll stick around for more.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Okay, this got insanely long so I spoilered each response...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
ya'll crazy.. the sample renders along scream don't touch, going to die a virgin.. the VN that is

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
* Is it just me, or does Julia look kind of...squishy?
I had some problems with my render settings that resulted in stretched images. These have been redone for the next version.

* This writing is overwrought. I hope that's intentional.
Don't like the overall style or are there particular parts you didn't like?

]* Which girl is the stat display for?
The stats on the main screen are for the player. The stats shown later in the journal are for the girls who head shot appears next to them.

]* Why are the girls wearing different uniforms? Not that I mind, but I'd like an explanation of the inconsistency.

* Is this supposed to be college? Uniforms don't make sense in that context unless it's a military school.
The halter & skirt are for the cheerleaders. The vest & skirt are for non cheerleaders. Uniforms are to help with the school setting,

* Once again, an action button without a choice. Why? (Check out Britney)

* Everyone looks squishy.

* Is the writing overwrought, or is this Engrish?
The britney action does need to be readdressed and will be revised in the next version. Believe there were roughly 6 images with the ratio issues. Do later images such in the photo studio also appear "squishy" to you?

* The poses...I get trying to add some dynamism, but they just look silly. Of course, that may be the point. But perhaps changing camera anglesmight be a better idea.
There is intended satire in various poses. Are there any poses in particular that you didn't care for?

* It might be a good idea to introduce Halia earlier.
The player is woken up and heads to school after getting ready and progresses through the player's day. As Halia doesn't attend their school, she wouldn't be there. Beyond perhaps bumping into each other going to or from school, not sure where halia would fit. Is there a particular scene you had in mind for her?

* I think there may be too many characters, at least this early in the game. I'm starting to get bored and having a hard time telling them apart.
The next several updates will focus on a small number of girls to allow for development of their characters. A journal is provided to identify the girls and track her stats.

* This whole stuff with the talking dog is derailing what could be an interesting concept.
While a talking dog adds to the satire, it is not required for the aliens vs earth champion story. Is it the dog portion of the story that you don't care for?

So, this prologue is too verbose, and I'm wondering if the plot isnt overcomplicated. Likely just the harem aspects would be enough to keep the game interesting. I know it will never happen, but I'd love to see the dev start over from the beginning. Anyway, it turned out to be more tedious than anything. I doubt I'll stick around for more.
If you are suggesting removing the story and the game elements such as the classes, then there wouldn't be much to the game. A harem game without mechanics quickly becomes boring. One uses the special item to control the girl. You see the same type scenes repeated over and over all game with most of the differences being the images used and the girls names. Earth Girls is still an early demo so it doesn't show how player choices build the character and allow him to have the stats that will influence the girls. Each girl is influenced by a different combination of stats. If a player likes less grind to their game, the saber the player purchases provides mind control to influence the girls. In this way, each girl's character gets developed and influencing each girl is a different experience.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Okay, this got insanely long so I spoilered each response...
The main distinction for me was to set the cheerleaders and the students apart. The subdivision within the students was something I thought was interesting but doesn't jibe with player experience so ends up standing out. Thanks for the clarification as I hadn't seen this as an item.

Thanks for your clarifications and will be adjusting such scenes along these lines. The additional girls will be ones who the player interacts with in future updates. Looking to try and focus on a few girls for interactions so that I can further develop their content instead of just a little bit of actions for everyone. Having the other girls show up later would seem odd as one would wonder where they were previously.

Thanks. As mentioned previously, used to having photos for images and wasn't sure how strictly to adhere text to the image.

Good points. If Julia spotted the player, she would have joined him. So tucked into a corner of the cafe or working on the journal in perhaps the library that you had previously suggested. Thanks for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback.

Reactions: Samhain71

redle

Apr 12, 2017
The additional girls [in Chemistry] will be ones who the player interacts with in future updates. Looking to try and focus on a few girls for interactions so that I can further develop their content instead of just a little bit of actions for everyone. Having the other girls show up later would seem odd as one would wonder where they were previously.
Yeah, the game is in-progress. No problem with choices that feel "missing" when that is exactly the case because they are part of future updates.

I will make a brief mention... many people want and or expect to be able to begin playing each updated version of a game by continuing where they left off. Sometimes that may not work. But so long as you are following the current trend of releasing a game in stages, this paradigm should be taken into consideration with how you choose to progress your development. For instance, continually changing/adding content to Day 1 only events with each new release does not really work. Even if you plan to work mainly on 1 girl only per release, you are likely best off spending as many releases as it takes to get all the setup of all characters done and then progressing by depth of individual characters afterwards.

Looking to have the player have at least some knowledge of the main girls by roughly the lunch period when he creates his journal so one has a listing of major girls. Wondering how best to address this as there are matters of player choice of class determines who he meets . And, like you mention, we don't spend every moment with the player through his day so he could very well have gotten a passing knowledge of the main girls. Text indications that the player gets to know who the girls are from classes. Running into the girls in the hall so as to cover ones the player might not have met through class selection. Something along these lines?
My personal preference would be that players do actually "see" the introduction of each main character rather than claiming some happen off-screen. Meeting people is simply to key of an event to claim it happened during the time the player is "controlling" this character but was not important enough to show. I do understand that tracking each first-meet can make for a lot of overly complicated code and tracking which shouldn't really be necessary. The easiest solution is to simply "force" all introductions. If you do feel like you really need to skip some introductions then I would suggest altering the story so that some preknowledge is actually expected (meaning some introductions could have happened prior to the time we first take control of the protagonist).

Examples:
First day of class actually has a full-school assembly. Key characters get introduced by the Dean, Principal, whoever is speechifying because they happen to be: head cheerleader, student president, champion athlete, leader of the chess team... whatever. Some that you don't want to promote to some leadership role can be sitting close by and get introduced or comments overhead during the production. Or one of two could even be bumped into on the way in or out of the assembly. That way everyone is introduced right up front and there is no wondering "when will a person finally first bump into someone."

Another option is to contrive the full first one or two days' schedule such that the player does not get choices of which classes to attend. Part of the agreement with getting permission to observe all the classes at random without committing requires that he attend all of them once first before he can begin choosing. And then he meets the girls according to the predetermined order of classes.

Or force accidental run-ins in the hall on the first day... Any random way you can think but if you want him to know everyone by lunch, then MAKE him bump into everyone by lunch. (You're the writer. If you want something to be true, edit the story until it is true.)

The other thought is when you say in the initial setup that Julia is now his only friend at school, change the script around at that point. Say that the player attended an Open House night at the school a few days ago. Or that he was able to tour the school a time or two in recent days prior to starting school. Or class registration required going to visit the campus. Basically claim even though he has never attended school here, he has been on the grounds a time or two. And claim that he did meet a few classmates during his visit. Don't name who he met. That way when a person is suddenly "known" without an introduction there is already a backstory in place as to how we probably found out their name.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Yeah, the game is in-progress. No problem with choices that feel "missing" when that is exactly the case because they are part of future updates.

I will make a brief mention... many people want and or expect to be able to begin playing each updated version of a game by continuing where they left off. Sometimes that may not work. But so long as you are following the current trend of releasing a game in stages, this paradigm should be taken into consideration with how you choose to progress your development. For instance, continually changing/adding content to Day 1 only events with each new release does not really work. Even if you plan to work mainly on 1 girl only per release, you are likely best off spending as many releases as it takes to get all the setup of all characters done and then progressing by depth of individual characters afterwards.
Good point. Many players will be looking to continue and start with day 2. The various fixes we've discussed should still be something I can correct to day 1 without breaking player saves for those who want to use a save. My understanding anyway is that adding say a new character or variable breaks the save. This does present an issue with my plan to focus on just a few girls so I can maximize progress with them. Will need to consider some options.

My personal preference would be that players do actually "see" the introduction of each main character rather than claiming some happen off-screen. Meeting people is simply to key of an event to claim it happened during the time the player is "controlling" this character but was not important enough to show. I do understand that tracking each first-meet can make for a lot of overly complicated code and tracking which shouldn't really be necessary. The easiest solution is to simply "force" all introductions. If you do feel like you really need to skip some introductions then I would suggest altering the story so that some preknowledge is actually expected (meaning some introductions could have happened prior to the time we first take control of the protagonist).

Examples:
First day of class actually has a full-school assembly. Key characters get introduced by the Dean, Principal, whoever is speechifying because they happen to be: head cheerleader, student president, champion athlete, leader of the chess team... whatever. Some that you don't want to promote to some leadership role can be sitting close by and get introduced or comments overhead during the production. Or one of two could even be bumped into on the way in or out of the assembly. That way everyone is introduced right up front and there is no wondering "when will a person finally first bump into someone."

Another option is to contrive the full first one or two days' schedule such that the player does not get choices of which classes to attend. Part of the agreement with getting permission to observe all the classes at random without committing requires that he attend all of them once first before he can begin choosing. And then he meets the girls according to the predetermined order of classes.

Or force accidental run-ins in the hall on the first day... Any random way you can think but if you want him to know everyone by lunch, then MAKE him bump into everyone by lunch. (You're the writer. If you want something to be true, edit the story until it is true.)

The other thought is when you say in the initial setup that Julia is now his only friend at school, change the script around at that point. Say that the player attended an Open House night at the school a few days ago. Or that he was able to tour the school a time or two in recent days prior to starting school. Or class registration required going to visit the campus. Basically claim even though he has never attended school here, he has been on the grounds a time or two. And claim that he did meet a few classmates during his visit. Don't name who he met. That way when a person is suddenly "known" without an introduction there is already a backstory in place as to how we probably found out their name.
Thanks again for your suggestions. I believe a mix of these should address the player having gotten to know these girls as well as providing addition outside class interactions. Plus he could meet a girl who used to attend school with and now discovers that she transferred here.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Well, this game shows promise, but is also visibly amateurish.

The renders aren't good, but they're serviceable provided the aspect ratio issue is resolved, and the assets make perfunctory sense so I don't mind.

The writing is generally good, but not very clear - it took me a while to figure out if it's actually in English at first, and several scenes are written as if the main character knew who and how the people in their life are, which makes jumping in harder. The jokes mostly landed.

The visible stats are a little odd, since not all classes seem to influence them (speaking of the classes, it was odd to see the game call itself a harem game but still have mutually exclusive choices and negative points). The 30-day time limit seems counter to the usual format of stat grinders, but it could work.

I noticed one bug: the lunch date always goes down the Bronte path.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Well, this game shows promise, but is also visibly amateurish.

The renders aren't good, but they're serviceable provided the aspect ratio issue is resolved, and the assets make perfunctory sense so I don't mind.
As you mention, I'm very new to both renpy and daz so I'm still working to learn to create better results. I've redone the renders for the images with the ratio issue that you and others have pointed out. I've also made some changes to the character settings and will most likely be recreating all of the renders.

The writing is generally good, but not very clear - it took me a while to figure out if it's actually in English at first, and several scenes are written as if the main character knew who and how the people in their life are, which makes jumping in harder. The jokes mostly landed.
I'll be working on the text between renders and working to incorporate suggestions posted previously as well as your own.

The visible stats are a little odd, since not all classes seem to influence them (speaking of the classes, it was odd to see the game call itself a harem game but still have mutually exclusive choices and negative points). The 30-day time limit seems counter to the usual format of stat grinders, but it could work.
Some of the classes provide bonuses outside of the posted stats that weren't part of the initial demo. I'll be addressing them in future updates. Looking to have game mechanics that provide meaningful choices to players. Believe that, for example, Julia would be unhappy if the player opted to sit with Lincy at lunch. Lost points can of course be recovered. Provides for other material such as a jealousy angle with Julia for the player showing attention to another girl. The 30 day limit was to assign a time frame for the contest as it does need to have some sort of defined time limit. The days could be expanded to incorporate say a larger harem or the time elements that are part of making the conversion process interesting.

I noticed one bug: the lunch date always goes down the Bronte path.
Yes, the conditional for which scene you receive with Lincy isn't set correctly. I'll have that addressed for the next update.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I want to congrats the developer, it takes a lot of courage to expose your work to the world and await every kind of blow.

I think it was good to her get all this feedbacks now, because it will be easier to fix, even redo the content and start over, than have a huge game, with hundreds of images having issues. I'm pretty confident that in the next version images will have a big quality jump.

Despite the technical issues, that will be easy to solve, the script is very original, I saw a lot of potential.

The dog idea was great, it is possible to make it like Mr Beefy, I would be a fan
Not a big fan of Sandler's movies but I really liked this dog's role.

Reactions: lydcreations

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
I want to congrats the developer, it takes a lot of courage to expose your work to the world and await every kind of blow.

I think it was good to her get all this feedbacks now, because it will be easier to fix, even redo the content and start over, than have a huge game, with hundreds of images having issues. I'm pretty confident that in the next version images will have a big quality jump.

Despite the technical issues, that will be easy to solve, the script is very original, I saw a lot of potential.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still looking into rendering tutorials and asking questions to figure out how to make my renders better. Have already redone a number of my earliest renders as these have the most issues. Plan on redoing most if not all of the renders. Will also be working on the suggestions posted to address the text as well. As Max posted, it's been very helpful to have this information early in the process.

I have run into issues trying to render the girls sitting down in a classroom as the skirts become out of shape due to the sitting pose. I can't adjust them in the iray view as it doesn't keep up with the adjustments. When I switch to texture shaded, the screen is all dark. Wireframe gives me an outline but not enough detail to make the adjustments. I'm currently going back and forth between wireframe and iray to see the results of an adjustment. Should I post this in the dev help section instead?

The dog idea was great, it is possible to make it like Mr Beefy, I would be a fan
Not a big fan of Sandler's movies but I really liked this dog's role.
Not really one of my fav breeds. Perhaps he'd grow on me if I saw the movie? I was hoping to find a maltese for my game but didn't have any luck. Also was only able to find poses for daz dog8 and not expressions.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Well since lydcreations already knows about the screwed up, i guess i can call it that way, renders i'll not judge the game until i see it in a version with the corrected renders because this right now is not playable for me. See you next update. ;)

Reactions: lydcreations

steve1228

Sep 5, 2017
When the post says version 0.11 does it mean 0.1.1? Because there is no content in this game yet so it shouldn't be labeled as thought it has been through many updates. Also the entire satire element is missing.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Should I post this in the dev help section instead?
You will probably get more help there, some users don't come into games' topics, beside the ones that they follow.

But, just use texture shaded turning light previews off until you add enough spotlights.

Not really one of my fav breeds. Perhaps he'd grow on me if I saw the movie? I was hoping to find a maltese for my game but didn't have any luck. Also was only able to find poses for daz dog8 and not expressions.
Why don't you make your first poll on Patreon about that? Make it public, as you don't have a lot of patrons yet.
Some random ideas:
French Bulldog:
Dachshund:
Pug:

I believe that furry dogs such as Maltese would be very hard to craft. His entire body would behave like it had some hair attached. I didn't found nothing close to it on Daz, Renderosity and ShareCg.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Well since lydcreations already knows about the screwed up, i guess i can call it that way, renders i'll not judge the game until i see it in a version with the corrected renders because this right now is not playable for me. See you next update. ;)
Thanks for understanding. I've started with my oldest renders and already replaced many of them with things I've learned from others and tutorials. I didn't create the opening thread, so I imagine I will need to contact the poster to change to the updated images once the new version is ready.

Reactions: Carpe Stultus
2.50 star(s) 6 Votes