• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Earth's Last Guardian [v0.1.3.5b] [EcchiYoYo Productions]

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Which characters scenes should I work on for 0.2.1

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Can the MC end the game by having a romantic relationship with all the LIs (at the same time)? And personally I prefer if everyone knows and agrees
There is no real "end of the game". The idea is that you can romance all the intended female characters at the same time, without the hassle of "you romanced this girl so you can't romance this other girl. The thought behind them being okay with this, is the world is essentially over and people take the love where they can find it. This is the case in both the dungeon dimension and the Earth dimension.

As for everyone knowing and agreeing, as I replied to another post, the MC is essentially leading a double life between the two dimensions, although those in the dungeon dimension are aware the MC is not from there and has relationships outside, the reverse is not true (for now at least) for those on Earth.

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
The idea is that you can romance all the intended female characters at the same time, without the hassle of "you romanced this girl so you can't romance this other girl. The thought behind them being okay with this, is the world is essentially over and people take the love where they can find it.
That's more or less what people mean when they ask about harem- some games lock you into 'routes' for each love interest, and shacking up with one closes of the other routes. A lot of people don't like that.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There is no real "end of the game". The idea is that you can romance all the intended female characters at the same time, without the hassle of "you romanced this girl so you can't romance this other girl. The thought behind them being okay with this, is the world is essentially over and people take the love where they can find it. This is the case in both the dungeon dimension and the Earth dimension.

As for everyone knowing and agreeing, as I replied to another post, the MC is essentially leading a double life between the two dimensions, although those in the dungeon dimension are aware the MC is not from there and has relationships outside, the reverse is not true (for now at least) for those on Earth.
For now it works for me.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
If there are three or more love interests in this state, it meets the definition of 'harem' for the purposes of the F95 tag, so it should be added (or mentioned as planned).

kKkKkx

Dec 3, 2022
How do I complete the first boss kill mission and descend beyond the 5th floor ?
I've killed many bosses but didn't see anything

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
Please for all the his good and reasonable allow us to avoid anal sex. That Is an exit port only and also based on scientific evidence is damaging and can be leathal to the receiver.
As long as you use lots of lube (and preferably a condom), ensure the receiver is aroused & relaxed and are patient & consider the receivers pleasure as well as yours & just dont jam it in anal is extremely pleasurable for both both parties. The problem with most AVN's is they skip all those steps & just have the MC jam it in , which I find extremely unerotic. At least mention lube & not just once.

ED but then many tend to skip all forms of foreplay

Last edited:

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
Ok at least give me a hint? should I be searching the 5th level or is the entry to the lower levels some secret passage from one of the other 4? I'm level 15 now, basically one shotting all the goblins and 3 shotting the bosses what am I missing? I've got thousands of crystals hundreds of health potions, tonnes of food and plenty of cash, just can't seem to move forward!

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
How do I complete the first boss kill mission and descend beyond the 5th floor ?
I've killed many bosses but didn't see anything
Ok at least give me a hint? should I be searching the 5th level or is the entry to the lower levels some secret passage from one of the other 4? I'm level 15 now, basically one shotting all the goblins and 3 shotting the bosses what am I missing? I've got thousands of crystals hundreds of health potions, tonnes of food and plenty of cash, just can't seem to move forward!
There maybe something broken if it' s not triggering, I will do a quick run through and see what's up.

Reactions: kKkKkx

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
There maybe something broken if it' s not triggering, I will do a quick run through and see what's up.
Not sure whether this helps, but the first encounters with the Mimic boxes all went to errors and needed rollback or ignore to proceed, and every victory over a boss results in "This event is not written yet"

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Not sure whether this helps, but the first encounters with the Mimic boxes all went to errors and needed rollback or ignore to proceed, and every victory over a boss results in "This event is not written yet"
There is now a hotfix on main page and main download links have been updated to version 0.0.3a, the fix includes the mimic fix. As for the event not written yet, there is quite a bit in this release, the primary focus was on getting the main structure of the game running where scenes and such can be written and added once written. There are also some triggers in the home for example that will say "this is a test for random scenes" or some such and then just jump to that room.

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
There is now a hotfix on main page and main download links have been updated to version 0.0.3a, the fix includes the mimic fix. As for the event not written yet, there is quite a bit in this release, the primary focus was on getting the main structure of the game running where scenes and such can be written and added once written. There are also some triggers in the home for example that will say "this is a test for random scenes" or some such and then just jump to that room.
Thanks Ecchi, Mimics are fixed, unfortunately the conversation with Zlata about the sword is an endless loop! once you start the chat you can't stop! she tells you the prices are crazy then you say can you tell me about this sword! rinse and repeat, no exit.

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
Thanks Ecchi, Mimics are fixed, unfortunately the conversation with Zlata about the sword is an endless loop! once you start the chat you can't stop! she tells you the prices are crazy then you say can you tell me about this sword! rinse and repeat, no exit.
Also the Orc battles have an error top left saying can't be displayed or something, and when you kill the Orc boss "Who is invisible"
image 'orc_boss1 fight standing' not found.
you get this,

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon_events.rpy", line 7412, in script
if dungeon_quests.mana_pools_quest == True and dungeon_quests.mana_pools_complete == False:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon_events.rpy", line 7412, in <module>
if dungeon_quests.mana_pools_quest == True and dungeon_quests.mana_pools_complete == False:
AttributeError: 'DungeonQuests' object has no attribute 'mana_pools_complete'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Last edited:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Also the Orc battles have an error top left saying can't be displayed or something, and when you kill the Orc boss "Who is invisible"
image 'orc_boss1 fight standing' not found.
you get this,

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
Thanks for the bug report.
All three issues should now be fixed, orc bosses no longer invisible, orc boss crash at the end of the fight and, Zlata should now correctly direct you to the upgrade shop.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
No linux? isn't it just a check box when you compile the game and it uses the same output as Windows?

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
Thanks for the bug report.
All three issues should now be fixed, orc bosses no longer invisible, orc boss crash at the end of the fight and, Zlata should now correctly direct you to the upgrade shop.
The Zlata conversation seems fixed but still some issues, the "orc attacking" image is not found, and if you stumble across certain fights you now get:

While running game code:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon plaza.rpy", line 632, in script
jump expression renpy.random.choice(dungeon_events_10_noboss)
ScriptError: could not find label 'fight_goblin_boss3fight_orc1'.

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Or you get

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('…c boss1 standing.png') at 0x0000000007e27f40>:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon_events.rpy", line 5955, in script
menu:
OSError: Couldn't find file 'images/Enemies/orc/orc boss1 standing.png'.

Full traceback:
menu:
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1010, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3906, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 884, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 884, in render
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\transform.py", line 747, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 505, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 308, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 627, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 295, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 723, in load
raise e
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 688, in load
filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\loader.py", line 820, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Last edited:

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
The Zlata conversation seems fixed but still some issues, the "orc attacking" image is not found, and if you stumble across the orc boss you now get:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup

Or you get

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('…c boss1 standing.png') at 0x0000000007e27f40>:
menu:

Full traceback:
menu:
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1010, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3906, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\transform.py", line 747, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 505, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 308, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 627, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 295, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 723, in load
raise e
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 688, in load
filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\loader.py", line 820, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Also when you hand in the Goblin essence quest you get this:

While running game code:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/upgrade shop.rpy", line 491, in script
jump dungeon_upgrade_shop_quest_hand_in
ScriptError: could not find label 'dungeon_upgrade_shop_quest_hand_in'.

Full traceback:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Also when you hand in the Goblin essence quest you get this:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
These should be fixed in the latest hotfix I do apologise for the number of game breaking bugs; this seems to be editing small amounts of code after play testing and incorrectly assuming I hadn't broken things.

The main links are now for the latest hotfix build 0.0.3e

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Gave it a shot. Sadly not a game for me. Too much grind for too less to gain, especially since there is a rng factor implemented. Also the whole graphic design isn't my favorite. Still wish you good luck.

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
These should be fixed in the latest hotfix I do apologise for the number of game breaking bugs; this seems to be editing small amounts of code after play testing and incorrectly assuming I hadn't broken things.

The main links are now for the latest hotfix build 0.0.3e
Don't worry about it, there's bound to be teething problems!
Latest one being when you ask Eilana how shes doing!

pc_talk "Not too bad, just working on some quests in the dungeon [current_quest_status] for one."
KeyError: 'current_quest_status'

Full traceback:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/upgrade shop.rpy", line 141, in script
pc_talk "Not too bad, just working on some quests in the dungeon [current_quest_status] for one."
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
KeyError: 'current_quest_status'#

Oh and the new Hotfix puts you back to level 5 even if you've been to 10 and killed the Boss! it also appears that the Mimic boxes no longer open the lower levels.

Last edited:
2.20 star(s) 6 Votes