Ren'Py Earth's Last Guardian [v0.1.3.5b] [EcchiYoYo Productions]

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Which characters scenes should I work on for 0.2.1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Don't worry about it, there's bound to be teething problems!
Latest one being when you ask Eilana how shes doing!

pc_talk "Not too bad, just working on some quests in the dungeon [current_quest_status] for one."
KeyError: 'current_quest_status'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/upgrade shop.rpy", line 141, in script
pc_talk "Not too bad, just working on some quests in the dungeon [current_quest_status] for one."
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
File "C:\Users\ \Downloads\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3a-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
KeyError: 'current_quest_status'#

Oh and the new Hotfix puts you back to level 5 even if you've been to 10 and killed the Boss! it also appears that the Mimic boxes no longer open the lower levels.
Godo to know, but I think you better compiled all the errors and bugs you encountered while paying this game and just post once publicly (or privately) so that the EcchiYoYo can fix all of it in one go. Just take your time, a day or two compiling all those errors. Cheers.

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
Godo to know, but I think you better compiled all the errors and bugs you encountered while paying this game and just post once publicly (or privately) so that the EcchiYoYo can fix all of it in one go. Just take your time, a day or two compiling all those errors. Cheers.
I understand what you're saying, but when an error prevents you from proceeding, it's difficult to find the next one! wouldn't you agree? So nothing really to compile.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

Kinell

Aug 5, 2019
EcchiYoYo I'm aware I'm taking up a lot of forum space so I'll just explain the new error. Once you have gone level 6 or deeper, if you return above level 5 to kill Goblins etc for the quests, you can no longer get back through level 5 and the event doesn't trigger again.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
EcchiYoYo I'm aware I'm taking up a lot of forum space so I'll just explain the new error. Once you have gone level 6 or deeper, if you return above level 5 to kill Goblins etc for the quests, you can no longer get back through level 5 and the event doesn't trigger again.
Bug fixes need to be done asap, especially game breaking ones so no worries. Perhaps PM them to keep the thread cleaner and save it being filled with bug reports or join the discord and post in the bugs channel.

As for the bugs reported, new hotfix 0.0.3f should fix unable to delve deeper than floor 5, interactions while on quests should no longer be broken, as for the mimics I think you are maybe just being unlucky as nothing has changed in the event list and I was able to spawn mimics. If you are still unable to get mimic encounters I will look again but from what I can see they are spawning as intended (about half as often as you find chests).

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnF95zone

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Latest hotfix inculdes fixes for demon fights while casting lightning strike and incorrect variable name when taking damage.
Also updated main links to latest bug fixed version 0.0.3g

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
does the sister appear again? or is there anything to do in the real world besides working and shopping? beat the first boss and unlocked mana but havent seen my sister even once lol let alone anyone else

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
does the sister appear again? or is there anything to do in the real world besides working and shopping? beat the first boss and unlocked mana but havent seen my sister even once lol let alone anyone else
This is a base release there is very little outside of the dungeon dimension, there is only one lewd scene in the game currently (peeping on the sister in the shower).
I am working now on writing and implementing lewd scenes with the upgrade shop (Eilana) and the dungeon shop (Zlata), I am also writing and working on scenes with the sister and a childhood friend (both found in the Erath dimension).
I won’t give an ETA on this as life will always happen, but these are all planned for the next major release.

Reactions: Pervyfox

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
For anyone watching the thread, the project is still alive pushing towards 0.1.0 release which will include (hopefully) all of the lewd content for the sister and Zlata.
I have almost finished the code portion of these events and still have the renders and writing to go. I will try to keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pervyfox

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I am liking what you've done so far and the fact that you are in early development and are actively fixing bugs is very encouraging. I think it is great that you have a vision of where you want to go and are not letting others sidetrack you. I am confused about the magic part because I haven't been able to obtain a single spell yet, just a growing mana pool. Are they implemented or should I just wait for the next release?

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
I am liking what you've done so far and the fact that you are in early development and are actively fixing bugs is very encouraging. I think it is great that you have a vision of where you want to go and are not letting others sidetrack you. I am confused about the magic part because I haven't been able to obtain a single spell yet, just a growing mana pool. Are they implemented or should I just wait for the next release?
Sorry for the late reply.
The first spell (fireball) should be unlocked by completing the mana pools quest and should be obtained at the same time as you get the grimoire form Zlata. As for the other spells, the spell book should show hints (drop location) for each of the additional spells.

Edit: The heal spell is the first unlocked, unlock conditions are killing the boss of floor 10 and returning to Zlata which in turn gives the grimoire and the first spell.

Last edited:

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I think I see the problem. I have since learned the fireball and lightning spells but never learned the healing spell. I have the grimore (I assume that is my spellbook) so I went back and ran floor 10 a couple dozen more times to see if anything changed. Still can't learn the healing spell. I don't know if I did something wrong when I cleared floor 10 or if it is a bug. I'll try starting over again to replicate clearing floor 10 for the first time to see if this makes any difference and let you know the outcome.

Now I have a new problem. I can clear floor 5 easily but I keep getting the message "You should check in with Zlata before pressing any deeper in to the dungeon." and she has nothing to say to me so I cannot advance to floor 6. I am level 13 and my weapon relic is level 5 so unless there is a trigger that I am missing I have no clue. I will just wait at this point until the update unless you tell me something different.

Last edited:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
I think I see the problem. I have since learned the fireball and lightning spells but never learned the healing spell. I have the grimore (I assume that is my spellbook) so I went back and ran floor 10 a couple dozen more times to see if anything changed. Still can't learn the healing spell. I don't know if I did something wrong when I cleared floor 10 or if it is a bug. I'll try starting over again to replicate clearing floor 10 for the first time to see if this makes any difference and let you know the outcome.

Now I have a new problem. I can clear floor 5 easily but I keep getting the message "You should check in with Zlata before pressing any deeper in to the dungeon." and she has nothing to say to me so I cannot advance to floor 6. I am level 13 and my weapon relic is level 5 so unless there is a trigger that I am missing I have no clue. I will just wait at this point until the update unless you tell me something different.
I have released a fix for the healing spell issue, this should be backwards compatible so you will just need to paste the patch files into your game folder. When you next visit Zlata there should be a dialogue triggering to tell you that you now have the healing spell.

As for the issue with not being able to get past floor 5 I was unable to replicate this bug, have you definitely killed a goblin boss on floor 5?

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I have released a fix for the healing spell issue, this should be backwards compatible so you will just need to paste the patch files into your game folder. When you next visit Zlata there should be a dialogue triggering to tell you that you now have the healing spell.

As for the issue with not being able to get past floor 5 I was unable to replicate this bug, have you definitely killed a goblin boss on floor 5?
dozens of times. I'll get the patch and start over again. :)

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
There seems to be problem with the patch. After applying it I get this message when I start the Game
"Parsing the script failed.
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon shop.rpy", line 103: Tab characters are not allowed in Ren'Py scripts."

I hope that helps :)

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
There seems to be problem with the patch. After applying it I get this message when I start the Game
"Parsing the script failed.
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon shop.rpy", line 103: Tab characters are not allowed in Ren'Py scripts."

I hope that helps :)
Apologies, I did the fix using notepad++ instead of vs code forgetting that notepad++ does not auto convert tabs into 4 spaces. The most annoying thing about this bug is line 103 is an empty line :/
I have re-upped the correct fix.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
dozens of times. I'll get the patch and start over again. :)
Looking through the code I think I see the problem; not sure how you managed to get the sword relic without going through the event to ask about getting stronger after killing the first goblin boss. Killing the boss triggers a variable change which in turn triggers the scene with Zlata for the MC to ask about gaining more strength, this event then triggers a variable change allowing for the sword to drop, which in turn triggers an event with Zlata prompting the MC to go see Eilana in the upgrade shop. By having the weapon before killing the first goblin boss the entire event chain is broken.

If you wish to fast track through the game I would advise changing the MCs name to Tester (this is case sensitive, make sure the first T is capitalized), this will unlock "dev mode" which has some dev commands. The only one I would advise using is the level up command, as using anything that may change event states risks bricking the game.

To change the name press shift + o
Some useful commands that shouldn't break the game (to use any of these type them into the shift + o screen):
pc.mcname = "Tester"
pc.max_hunger = 1000
pc.max_thirst = 1000

inventory.crystals = 50000
inventory.pounds = 50000
inventory.sandwich = 50
inventory.soda = 50
inventory.hp_potion = 50

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Kuroterian

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I tried to install the new patch but its in a different format than I normally see. It's a zip file and when I try to open it it asks me to run an install which does not appear to do anything. I am confused about how to install the patch. Also the gofile link does not appear to work. Please check it out when you have the opportunity.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
I tried to install the new patch but its in a different format than I normally see. It's a zip file and when I try to open it it asks me to run an install which does not appear to do anything. I am confused about how to install the patch. Also the gofile link does not appear to work. Please check it out when you have the opportunity.
Not sure what's happening, I tried both links and they donwload fine as zip files.

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes