Ren'Py Earth's Last Guardian [v0.1.3.5b] [EcchiYoYo Productions]

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Which characters scenes should I work on for 0.2.1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Looking through the code I think I see the problem; not sure how you managed to get the sword relic without going through the event to ask about getting stronger after killing the first goblin boss. Killing the boss triggers a variable change which in turn triggers the scene with Zlata for the MC to ask about gaining more strength, this event then triggers a variable change allowing for the sword to drop, which in turn triggers an event with Zlata prompting the MC to go see Eilana in the upgrade shop. By having the weapon before killing the first goblin boss the entire event chain is broken.

If you wish to fast track through the game I would advise changing the MCs name to Tester (this is case sensitive, make sure the first T is capitalized), this will unlock "dev mode" which has some dev commands. The only one I would advise using is the level up command, as using anything that may change event states risks bricking the game.

To change the name press shift + o
Some useful commands that shouldn't break the game (to use any of these type them into the shift + o screen):
pc.mcname = "Tester"
pc.max_hunger = 1000
pc.max_thirst = 1000

inventory.crystals = 50000
inventory.pounds = 50000
inventory.sandwich = 50
inventory.soda = 50
inventory.hp_potion = 50
This time I was able to download the patch :)
The good news is that I was able to progress past floor 5 this time however when I killed the Orc boss to free the mana pools and went to talk to Zlata the following happened.
"Scene for mana pools unlocked"
and then the next screen is the error.
"
An exception has occurred

While running game code:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon shop.rpy", line 104, in script
if pc.spell_unlock == True and pc.heal_spell == False:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon shop.rpy", line 104 in <module>
if pc.spell_unlock == True and pc.heal_spell == false:
AttributeError: 'Player' object has no attribute 'heal_spell'

Full traceback:
File "C:Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3g-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(conditional):
File "C:Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3g-win\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3g-win\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
"
I hope I typed it without errors. I couldn't figure out how to copy the data directly.
So it gave me the magic book but did not teach me the healing spell. I'll stop at this point so that you can evaluate the situation.
Also I definitely killed the goblin boss before I got the sword.

Last edited:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
This time I was able to download the patch :)
The good news is that I was able to progress past floor 5 this time however when I killed the Orc boss to free the mana pools and went to talk to Zlata the following happened.
"Scene for mana pools unlocked"
and then the next screen is the error.
"
An exception has occurred

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3g-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(conditional):
File "C:Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3g-win\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3g-win\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
"
I hope I typed it without errors. I couldn't figure out how to copy the data directly.
So it gave me the magic book but did not teach me the healing spell. I'll stop at this point so that you can evaluate the situation.
Also I definitely killed the goblin boss before I got the sword.
Fixed the new bug, you should be able to get past this scene now.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
The heal spell scene should now be fixed, tested and working. Again apologies for the slow fixes this week I have not been at my main machine so little progress this week.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
The heal spell scene should now be fixed, tested and working. Again apologies for the slow fixes this week I have not been at my main machine so little progress this week.
It worked. I was able to pick up the healing spell :)
However I duplicated the error of not being able to go from floor 5 to floor 6. This time I discovered why. If after killing the goblin boss on floor 5, I go talk to Zlata and then continue to run floor 5 and while doing so find the weapon then it locks me out from going to floor 6. The way I got around it was to back up to before I found the weapon and then move to floor 6 and there find the weapon. I think it is because finding the weapon triggers the mana pool quest for floor 10 but if you haven't gone to floor 6 yet then the mana pool quest will not trigger and it keeps wanting you to go back to Zlata but she has nothing to say to you because of the missing trigger. Just a guess on my part but seems to be what happened.

Reactions: EcchiYoYo

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
It worked. I was able to pick up the healing spell :)
However I duplicated the error of not being able to go from floor 5 to floor 6. This time I discovered why. If after killing the goblin boss on floor 5, I go talk to Zlata and then continue to run floor 5 and while doing so find the weapon then it locks me out from going to floor 6. The way I got around it was to back up to before I found the weapon and then move to floor 6 and there find the weapon. I think it is because finding the weapon triggers the mana pool quest for floor 10 but if you haven't gone to floor 6 yet then the mana pool quest will not trigger and it keeps wanting you to go back to Zlata but she has nothing to say to you because of the missing trigger. Just a guess on my part but seems to be what happened.
Thank you for this, I will probably not be able to fix this today as I am traveling most of the day. Once I get home, I will change the code to prevent finding the sword until you are at least on floor 6. This should fix the bug for this release; I will then look at what is causing it and try to make a more permanent fix for the next build.

Reactions: battali0n

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Latest patch should fix the soft lock with the dungeon shop, the sword can now not be picked up until floor 6. Looking through the code I am not 100 % sure what is causing this issue, I will keep looking until I get it fixed properly. Progress will still be slow this week due to train strikes and cancelations I was unable to get home yesterday and am stranded until Friday.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Everything you fixed is working like it should but I have a new list of bugs for you. I don't want to slow down progress on the next release but I think you should know:
1) Goblin Boss collection quest bugged for both girls. You collect the first item and it says complete. Turn it in and no quest reward.
2) This only happened once but while exploring a floor I found a goblin so I decided to take advantage of the fact that he couldn't hurt me to heal before killing him. When I activated the heal spell a mimic attacked me. I killed it in one hit and then went on as normal.
3) Every time I killed the goblin shaman I got an error screen. I am not posting it as it was very similar to the previous one's but I did save so that I can type it in if you need it.
4) This is not so much an error as something I wanted to bring to your attention. I am not sure if the collection quests are triggered by what floor I am on or (I suspect this to be true) by my level. When I got the Drake collection quest I was on floor 40 or 41 and I hadn't seen a Drake for several floors. If this was triggered by the floor then it wouldn't make sense to me as I would need to backtrack to do it. If on the other hand it is triggered by my level then your expectations of what floor I should be on when I reached that level doesn't match where I actually was. Either way I hope it is helpful.
5) If you want to do a quality of life enhancement for the game then I have a suggestion. When in the kitchen it shows on the screen your current hunger or thirst only after you have eaten or drunk something. I had to open my backpack every time to determine what I wanted to drink and how much to eat. If you could have that information up whenever you are in the refrigerator it would really make it easier, especially when you need to eat and drink so often.

Hope you made it home in a reasonable time frame. Let me know if you need more information. :)

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Everything you fixed is working like it should but I have a new list of bugs for you. I don't want to slow down progress on the next release but I think you should know:
1) Goblin Boss collection quest bugged for both girls. You collect the first item and it says complete. Turn it in and no quest reward.
2) This only happened once but while exploring a floor I found a goblin so I decided to take advantage of the fact that he couldn't hurt me to heal before killing him. When I activated the heal spell a mimic attacked me. I killed it in one hit and then went on as normal.
3) Every time I killed the goblin shaman I got an error screen. I am not posting it as it was very similar to the previous one's but I did save so that I can type it in if you need it.
4) This is not so much an error as something I wanted to bring to your attention. I am not sure if the collection quests are triggered by what floor I am on or (I suspect this to be true) by my level. When I got the Drake collection quest I was on floor 40 or 41 and I hadn't seen a Drake for several floors. If this was triggered by the floor then it wouldn't make sense to me as I would need to backtrack to do it. If on the other hand it is triggered by my level then your expectations of what floor I should be on when I reached that level doesn't match where I actually was. Either way I hope it is helpful.
5) If you want to do a quality of life enhancement for the game then I have a suggestion. When in the kitchen it shows on the screen your current hunger or thirst only after you have eaten or drunk something. I had to open my backpack every time to determine what I wanted to drink and how much to eat. If you could have that information up whenever you are in the refrigerator it would really make it easier, especially when you need to eat and drink so often.

Hope you made it home in a reasonable time frame. Let me know if you need more information. :)
Thank you I will look into these issues.

1. I will check this, there is clearly an issue in the code for this quest
Edit: this is now fixed in latest patch
2. Not sure what could be causing this, but I will check the code and try to replicate the bug.
Edit: this is now fixed in latest patch
3. I thought I had fixed this one, I will look at it again.
Edit: This has been fixed with the latest patch, required removeing the goblin shaman quest for now this is fixed proprely in the next release
4. The quests get unlocked after completing a certain number of quests for the given girl, not related to player level or floor number.
5. In the next release once you eat or drink the hunger or thirst bar appears for a short time to let you know where you are at with regards to eating or drinking more.

On a side note, not sure if you have unlocked player rebirth yet but in the next release this also gives an exp multiplier for each rebirth this should make levelling quicker after each rebirth.

Last edited:

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Thank you I will look into these issues.

1. I will check this, there is clearly an issue in the code for this quest
2. Not sure what could be causing this, but I will check the code and try to replicate the bug.
3. I thought I had fixed this one, I will look at it again.
4. The quests get unlocked after completing a certain number of quests for the given girl, not related to player level or floor number.
5. In the next release once you eat or drink the hunger or thirst bar appears for a short time to let you know where you are at with regards to eating or drinking more.

On a side note, not sure if you have unlocked player rebirth yet but in the next release this also gives an exp multiplier for each rebirth this should make levelling quicker after each rebirth.
Haven't died yet. I assumed it would be a game over event. I'll try it next time I play.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Haven't died yet. I assumed it would be a game over event. I'll try it next time I play.
Rebirth is not death, once the player reaches level 65 you get an event with Zlata where she teaches you about rebirth. Rebirthing sets the player back to level 1 (relics and items are not affected, nor are events) once rebirthed you gain multipliers to stat gains, so where you would maybe gain 2 def when levelling up you would instead get 4 def. The player can rebirth every time they reach level 65, the intent here is to make the player gain strength with the sacrifice of re-levelling but also in future versions for levels over 65 at rebirth the player will gain a currency used for unlocks and other items yet to be decided.

And yes, any death is game over.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Rebirth is not death, once the player reaches level 65 you get an event with Zlata where she teaches you about rebirth. Rebirthing sets the player back to level 1 (relics and items are not affected, nor are events) once rebirthed you gain multipliers to stat gains, so where you would maybe gain 2 def when levelling up you would instead get 4 def. The player can rebirth every time they reach level 65, the intent here is to make the player gain strength with the sacrifice of re-levelling but also in future versions for levels over 65 at rebirth the player will gain a currency used for unlocks and other items yet to be decided.

And yes, any death is game over.
Cool. Thank you for clarifying that. I will push on to 65 then. :)

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I got to 65 and tried to rebirth. It wouldn't let me rebirth and I got the following error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 250, in script
    $ pcRebirth()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 250, in <module>
    $ pcRebirth()
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 153, in pcRebirth
    pc.hp = (100 + ((ring_level * 5) * ring_rebirths))
NameError: name 'ring_rebirths' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 250, in script
    $ pcRebirth()
  File "C:\Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3i-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Battalion\Desktop\Earth's Last guardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.0.3i-win\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 250, in <module>
    $ pcRebirth()
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 153, in pcRebirth
    pc.hp = (100 + ((ring_level * 5) * ring_rebirths))
NameError: name 'ring_rebirths' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Earth's Last Guardian 0.0.3
Sun Feb 12 20:14:18 2023
A few other issues that were not game breaking:
1) Hunger cost to search for next floor is actual 15 instead of 10 from floor 5 until floor 30 when it becomes 10 again. Floors 1 though 4 are also 10.
2) 2 different bugs when upgrading relics.
a) 1 time when upgrading from 7 went to 13 but when I looked in my backpack it was 8.
b) relics are currently in the 30's and I get a random error that I think is caused when it is a critical failure. I have to roll back so I couldn't verify. Next runthrough if it is still there I'll save the error as I finally figured out how do it.
3) When fighting the Demon the damage done by the demon is sometimes fractional, as if 22.555555.
4) The demon boss is invisible.

That's all for now. I hope this helps.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
All bug reports help.
I will look into these when I can, some look to be easier fixes than others

EDIT:
1) Fixed in latest patch
2) I tried to replicate these bugs, I levelled weapon and armour from level 1 to 100 twice and was unable any further information would be helpful ( I will try again to replicate this in the meantime)
3) This should now be fixed
4) Fixed in latest patch

Reduced upgrades failure chance
Removed upgrades critical failure chance

Last edited:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Hi Guys,

A quick progress update, the lewd scenes for the sister and Zlata are almost complete with just one scene type left for each of them. There are a few other small things that need to be finalised before this release is ready for testing. Once in a state for testing I will test for around a week in an effort to avoid the many game breaking bugs that were in the previous release.

I will again not give a definitive release date as life always happens; however, I will say that this release should be ready before the next monthly progress update.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Hi Guys,

Another quick update for you all, I am currently bug testing the 0.1.0 release a lot of bugs found and fixed hopefully should be ready for release in the next couple of days. I did try and have it ready for today, but some bugs took longer to fix than they really should have, but I would prefer that, than to how the last release went.

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Hi guys,

As promised version 0.1.0 is finally released, I have been bug testing for the last several days but that doesn't mean all bugs are fixed so please report any bugs you find.

Hope you guys enjoy.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
It's pry a bit early but I'd like to plant the seed of an android port in the developing fields of your game...maybe in the near-ish future?

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes