Mix@Xplore

Apr 14, 2019
Chapter 2 just does not launch for me (on Mac). Tried all 3 links, downloads fine but game won't open. Chapter 1 worked fine.

Insaneflame

Apr 19, 2018
After some troubles I managed to start day 5 from day 4 save. Everything goes relatively (if you don't count inability to load game) well till I come to teacher in cosplay outfit in teacher's lunge. Then it was only errors in script, infinite error. I kept pressing Ignore but it didn't help. After 1 hundred strings of code I gave up. Can someone please tell me is it playable at all or its just beta and it's better to wait for a complete release?
The game runs fine for most people. But you wont get any help unless you give people knowledge about what is actually causing the problem. Sharing the actual error will allow people to provide a solution if they know about one. Other than that, try reporting the problems to the the people who actually work on the game. They can only fix what they know is broken.

Niub

Jul 8, 2018
well hello guys, i am having trouble with the reactivated Smartphone feature. It basically always causes an error. For the first few times i got lucky and could just ignore it or get past it by reloading. But now i am basecially stuck at the "Chat" with the Wife after i picked up the Hobogirl. Here is the Error:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 32, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 41, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 52, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 58, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 58, in <module>
KeyError: u'Crazynurse'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Days/Day7/d7_main.rpyc", line 6626, in script
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\ast.py", line 1371, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\exports.py", line 1572, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\core.py", line 2237, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\core.py", line 2687, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\core.py", line 3071, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\core.py", line 3071, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\Stuff\stuff\Ecchi Senpei\EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 41, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 52, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 58, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/phone.rpy", line 58, in <module>
KeyError: u'Crazynurse'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.0.424
Ecchi Sensei Day_7
I'd be happy for suggestions. As mentioned reloading and ignoring won't work this time. As far as i remember the smartphone feature has been causing problems beforehand and was deactivated by the developer beforehand. Seems like it still isnt fixed ;P

Apr 9, 2019
well hello guys, i am having trouble with the reactivated Smartphone feature. It basically always causes an error. For the first few times i got lucky and could just ignore it or get past it by reloading. But now i am basecially stuck at the "Chat" with the Wife after i picked up the Hobogirl. Here is the Error:

I'd be happy for suggestions. As mentioned reloading and ignoring won't work this time. As far as i remember the smartphone feature has been causing problems beforehand and was deactivated by the developer beforehand. Seems like it still isnt fixed ;P
I had to reload like 15 times on that part and not touch anything for a while and then pray and close the phone each time, eventually it worked. Once the fully condensed first week game comes out those features will be fixed and new ones added, so don't worry too much cause you're at about the end of current content anyway. :) The Ecchi Sensei team picked up Maim Lain to help them work on smoothing things out or integrating stuff, so it sounds like they are making serious progress based on their projections for the condensed week game.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
The game runs fine for most people. But you wont get any help unless you give people knowledge about what is actually causing the problem. Sharing the actual error will allow people to provide a solution if they know about one. Other than that, try reporting the problems to the the people who actually work on the game. They can only fix what they know is broken.
Thanks, cap, much appreciated. I suppose people who write in this topic are the only ones who have some trouble with the game. If the game runs fine, people just silent and writes nothing. Must be unique game, in all other topics people writes for really any reason (or without one at all).
Most of the messages in last pages are about troubles with the game. I have troubles too. And if you don't notice I explained my troubles. Yes, I don't copy-paste actual error(errors, a houndred of them) in RenPy. But, AFAIK, devs are on Patreon, so I asked the community. And maybe there's a good soul that can answer me.

Oct 9, 2017
those who had some issues about the Smartphone error just simply do this.

1. Save b4 it happened and load again(If not go to step 2).
2. Save b4 it happened and close the game and start again(if not go to step 3).
3. Dont ask question if your too lazy to go back some previous post cause this problem is already answered by me or some others as well(if not go to step 0).

Dirk220

Jan 3, 2018
The problem is on day 5 ( in the day 7 v2 version). After visiting the infirmary mc goes to the teachers room and meets the cosplay teacher. MC decides to send a message to Mika. In the moment the phone action starts, the game breaks. The traceback I've posted above #4274. And it also has been postet a page before from someone else. Ignoring didn't work, it just brings another error and another and rollback brings you back to your last game save, which is pretty far for my game. I think we , who experiencing this bug have to wait for devs to solve this problem as I think it's a problem only for those who played chapter 3 on the day7 v2 version. Anyways, if someone knows a way around or why this is happening a head up would be highly appreciated as the game ends there for us.
Cheers guys and game on.

Reactions: Jeishii

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
i have that problem aswhell exact on that point also. and that's why i am waiting for the week1
which should have bin out yesterday

Insaneflame

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks, cap, much appreciated. I suppose people who write in this topic are the only ones who have some trouble with the game. If the game runs fine, people just silent and writes nothing. Must be unique game, in all other topics people writes for really any reason (or without one at all).
Most of the messages in last pages are about troubles with the game. I have troubles too. And if you don't notice I explained my troubles. Yes, I don't copy-paste actual error(errors, a houndred of them) in RenPy. But, AFAIK, devs are on Patreon, so I asked the community. And maybe there's a good soul that can answer me.
As I said. "For most people". Yes, you did explain your troubles, but the actual traceback that Renpy provides is far more useful information as it actually shows where in the code the error occured. Only the first one is needed. As Renpy itself explains, ignoring an error usually leads to more errors. Many of those hundreds of errors you had were probably just snowballs from the first one.

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
ouch a huge setback that waiting time
yeah it is a little disapointing that we wont be getting any new content for 2 months until the remake is finished which i assume he has to do to continue the story in the format they want to do but it still it makes me wish bluecat just kept making new content while doing small updates every now and again on the week 1 remake and using the new revenue gained from those updates to hire another programmer to help out and speed it along instead of just fully focusing on it

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
yeah it is a little disapointing that we wont be getting any new content for 2 months until the remake is finished which i assume he has to do to continue the story in the format they want to do but it still it makes me wish bluecat just kept making new content while doing small updates every now and again on the week 1 remake and using the new revenue gained from those updates to hire another programmer to help out and speed it along instead of just fully focusing on it
At this point the thing that's slowing it down is not the programming but the sheer amount of text

Reactions: james steele

Dantee94

Dec 9, 2018
OMG another 2 months without ecchi sensei... that is very sad :'(

Reactions: Vertigob
Dec 15, 2017
At this point the thing that's slowing it down is not the programming but the sheer amount of text
See this worries me. The new features are neat and all, but I didn't think the text was that bad. Especially after Days 1 & 2. Even Days 1& 2 I had no major issues with the text, but I know I am in the minority with that. I just hope the main story and character arcs/development that has been forming don't change completely, because I enjoy what we have now before the rework.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
See this worries me. The new features are neat and all, but I didn't think the text was that bad. Especially after Days 1 & 2. Even Days 1& 2 I had no major issues with the text, but I know I am in the minority with that. I just hope the main story and character arcs/development that has been forming don't change completely, because I enjoy what we have now before the rework.
The main "issue" with the text is that we're releasing bilingual now, and with just how much text it is, proofreading and translating takes 8ever

Reactions: james steele
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes