botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It is what it is. Finally it's done and we can move on to continue telling the story of Ecchi Sensei
That's very zen for someone who is involved in the game, but I'm just a player.

Fleabag

Aug 2, 2018
Can you guys tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed? Which side is the uncompressed? Maybe the render quality is so low budget that I'm missing the image quality difference, but it doesn't look much improved... Maybe I installed it wrong?! View attachment 380041
I feel myself so stupid now for waiting this uncompressed version with coldfixies.

Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
That was me, good call, I changed it.
You should probably remove the changelog and the chapter 1-3 links. They're outdated and won't work with the new updates and its just confusing new people. You can also wipe the Halloween and Valentine specials as both of those are included in the week 1 release.

Sep 4, 2018
bas just curious the links you posted for week 1 for mega and gdrive are those the hotfixed versions? also will more be added maybe if possible to sites like nopy or zippyshare so it cuts down on waiting times as mega has the download limit thing and seems only way around that from seeing in this thread is using a downloader of some sort and I seen around those could sometimes have malware also gdrive got insta fudged with the whole "too many have downloaded this file recently" and everyone has to play a waiting game on it.

Jeancul

Mar 17, 2017
I kinda agree. It's basically not been for the players in the sense that we get any content worth playing, more for the future of the game, but it really is unnfortunate that it turned out to be so complicated that it took many months to do.
Thx, its more clear for me now :)

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
"week 1 v2" (no idea who gave it that name, personally I'd call it Week 1 Hotfix) is basically a hotfix for the previous Week 1 release
I don't usually do this, but I have to say you're using "hotfix" wrong:

the dictionary said:
Hotfix: (noun) [computing] a small piece of code developed to correct a major software bug or fault and released as quickly as possible.
That's why I was confused earlier if you remember, I was expecting a patch not a whole new release. :p

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
bas just curious the links you posted for week 1 for mega and gdrive are those the hotfixed versions? also will more be added maybe if possible to sites like nopy or zippyshare so it cuts down on waiting times as mega has the download limit thing and seems only way around that from seeing in this thread is using a downloader of some sort and I seen around those could sometimes have malware also gdrive got insta fudged with the whole "too many have downloaded this file recently" and everyone has to play a waiting game on it.
yes, they're all the hotfixed version

Have you tried the split archive mirrors? That's what I put them there for. NOPY won't take files that big, and I'm not splitting that into 500MB files to upload to zippyshare bud.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
I don't usually do this, but I have to say you're using "hotfix" wrong:

That's why I was confused earlier if you remember, I was expecting a patch not a whole new release. :p
If you spend more than a minute scrolling through this thread, you might notice that lots of people have trouble applying patches to things. Also, the archive file of the original uncompressed version got corrupted. It makes a lot more sense to just provide new download links rather than provide a patch that users should have to apply manually.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
If you spend more than a minute scrolling through this thread, you might notice that lots of people have trouble applying patches to things. Also, the archive file of the original uncompressed version got corrupted. It makes a lot more sense to just provide new download links rather than provide a patch that users should have to apply manually.
Whoa thar buddy! I'm not complaining or criticizing your decision. Sure, I think I would have done it differently, but I'm not the one in the trenches. I hadn't even downloaded the original.

I'm just saying that a complete re-release doesn't fit with the commonly held definition of "hotfix".

:hugs:

Last edited:
Reactions: k8taponnyn

arms99

May 11, 2018
Did the hotfix implement the scene gallery?

Because that's the only issue I had with the week 1 release. if not there is no point for me to download it

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Can we get nopy link for first week? Gdrive Ok for me to but this Gdrive link has error for ''Having big file size and too much download'' and cannot be downloaded. Maybe you can fix this Gdrive problem this will be ok to.

Reactions: realpolitik

Loveless07

May 26, 2017
Previous savefiles doesn't work ?? So, do I have to play the game from the beginning ?? It's been so long since the last update I basically forgot what happened previously.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
What do I download to get the complete unedited game? Heavy, light and the dm patch are all different sizes and all have the exe and game files. Do I download the 17gb and just copy the dm patch exe + files over? o_O

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Previous savefiles doesn't work ?? So, do I have to play the game from the beginning ?? It's been so long since the last update I basically forgot what happened previously.
Correct, lots of things have changed and it makes a lot of sense to start again.

It's also pretty much required if you plan on playing future releases as those are designed to be compatible with Week 1.

Reactions: Loveless07

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Can we get nopy link for first week? Gdrive Ok for me to but this Gdrive link has error for ''Having big file size and too much download'' and cannot be downloaded. Maybe you can fix this Gdrive problem this will be ok to.
Thats the way to bypass the GDrive limit. :)

Reactions: pgm_01

Loveless07

May 26, 2017
Correct, lots of things have changed and it makes a lot of sense to start again.

It's also pretty much required if you plan on playing future releases as those are designed to be compatible with Week 1.
Oh alright I guess i'm fine with starting over again, I wanted to tryout the new features anyway. Thanks for the info.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Weird, I have only free Mega acct but was able to dl the whole uncompressed version without any pauses.

Oops, cursed myself! It stopped with ~100MB left. :cry:

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes