Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
OK - I'm impatient, and would like to know why loading previous saves does not work. Get this:

Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

I have to start over? I can - just want to know if this is required. Would be nice to know this on the OP...tried several previous saves, and got the same thing (on Mac OSX, FYI...)

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Play the games in this order- Day 1-2, Day 3-4, then Day 5.
I thought I play the game from day 5 to day 1 -.-

Hmm, Dark Mind Patch enabled the sexual activity with underaged characters? o_O Patches do not count for rule 7?

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
One of the new songs is just a straight rip of the theme from the anime Clannad. Surprised they can get away with using it

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
My biggest complaint is that you can't just download this game and it be playable, you have to download all previous versions like they are separate games. It makes no sense and just invites critical errors along the way.

It sucks that this game is so unstable because the game play seemed promising but its dificult to want to play when you need to tinker with a fresh install just to make it work...

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
My biggest complaint is that you can't just download this game and it be playable, you have to download all previous versions like they are separate games. It makes no sense and just invites critical errors along the way.

It sucks that this game is so unstable because the game play seemed promising but its dificult to want to play when you need to tinker with a fresh install just to make it work...
FYI, if u read.. there will be a mega pack containing d1-d7 soon.. the reason to separate the file is to be more easy to download the game.. u dont want to download 5gb+ each update do u ???

Loveless07

May 26, 2017

This game is very big so the dev made it in separate chapters/days to make it easy to test errors and bugs found in the game and alltogether make it easy to play, if you've played from day 1 then it shouldn't be a problem, The game loads at the last save point of day 4 where you saved it and when you download day 5 it should start right up there. Imagine playing a game with 365 ingame days just how much content there will be and how big it would be so it's really hard for the developer to make it. He said he would at last create a big file with all ingame contents so for now you just have to try what you are getting at the moment.

Gregor34674

Aug 7, 2017

You want a 100gb download file every month, because that how you get a 100gb download file every month.
The dev plans to have up to 365 ingame days. Now calculate what volume we are talking about.

Reactions: ParcivalMG

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
OK - I'm impatient, and would like to know why loading previous saves does not work. Get this:

Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

I have to start over? I can - just want to know if this is required. Would be nice to know this on the OP...tried several previous saves, and got the same thing (on Mac OSX, FYI...)
did u try to click on start a new game in the preferences ?? i never have any save file problem

Naotix

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
I thought I play the game from day 5 to day 1 -.-

Hmm, Dark Mind Patch enabled the sexual activity with underaged characters? o_O Patches do not count for rule 7?
In the original thread for D1 you'll see it was okay'd by staff as long as yuki and her friend the hanzo girl are not involved.

Reactions: SLim_Games

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
FYI, if u read.. there will be a mega pack containing d1-d7 soon.. the reason to separate the file is to be more easy to download the game.. u dont want to download 5gb+ each update do u ???
if it means the game would be actually playable then ya! I would much prefer that rather than to have to install 4 separate instances with 4 separate mods and play them through in order to be able to play the newest version. Because none of my old saves ever work, instead, everytime I have to restart from day one and work my way through again. At the very least he should have offered working saves with the new releases. You can make all the excuses you want but it's just poor planning.

Reactions: cameronessi

HoboCop86

your friendly neighborhood hobo
Respected User
Donor
Apr 24, 2018
Well i never had a problem with my old saves so far. And i never heard something like it in Blues discord, so i guess you are doing something wrong^^

Reactions: Rythan25
D

Deleted member 51206

honestly, this is the best VN on here. episodes are HUGE, the story is alright, but character progression is amazing, both storywise and artwise. really noticed it this ep that several chars look so much better.

Reactions: Kappa123hehe

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
if it means the game would be actually playable then ya! I would much prefer that rather than to have to install 4 separate instances with 4 separate mods and play them through in order to be able to play the newest version. Because none of my old saves ever work, instead, everytime I have to restart from day one and work my way through again. At the very least he should have offered working saves with the new releases. You can make all the excuses you want but it's just poor planning.

did u try to click on start a new game in the preferences to load d2 to d3 /d4 to d5 ?? i never have any save file problem.. i dont understand what ur problem is with ur save in the first place.. there is no problem for any of us..

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Now I never had any problems with importing save games, but to me it feels like people fail to read simple instructions. In my opinion it's made perfectly clear what you have to do to correctly import a savegame. But this might only fit to me.

Anyway, I enjoy this game a lot. Massive amount of content and enjoyable characters. I only wish I could deny the redhead daughter (Himiko I think(?)), because I'm not a fan of her. But most likely, that is not possible as she she is too close to the MC. I haven't finished Day 5 yet, but it's great so far. The only thing that annoyed me were the unskippable animations so far. Not only were they unskippable but also of a bit of a lower quality than other animations in previous days. But that's the only thing I can complain about right now. Oh and the lack of Fuyu. But that's just my opinion.

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
There should just be save games included from previous days as a temporary easy measure. So people who change devices or reinstall or whatever don't have to do this annoying stuff to enjoy a very good game.

U

User_10739

I have yet to have a save not work from a previous version and this is by far the best (IMHO) Honey Select game to date. Sorry @Kuggazer and @Irphaeus you are "Elite Game Makers" and I truly love your work, but to quote Highlander "there can only be one" (Old fucker reference, watch the movies not the bullshit tv shows) @tokuin, download the 400MB "Skunked " version & let ' er rip!

Porrosh

Jun 26, 2018
Getting this error when finding Yamato sleeping in his chair and the phone starts shaking

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Days/Day5/d5_main.rpy", line 4334, in <module>
NameError: name 'd5mikachat1' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "menu/savestuff/saves.rpyc", line 25, in script call
  File "Days/Day5/d5_main.rpyc", line 4334, in script
  File "E:\Spill\Andre spill\Ecchi sensei\EcchiSensei-Day_5-market\renpy\ast.py", line 882, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Spill\Andre spill\Ecchi sensei\EcchiSensei-Day_5-market\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Days/Day5/d5_main.rpy", line 4334, in <module>
NameError: name 'd5mikachat1' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Ecchi Sensei Day_5
Thu Dec 13 12:07:32 2018

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes