Mod Ren'Py Ecchi Sensei - Lain's Improvements + Scene Gallery Mod [Week 1]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Benji13
I dont know the Devs plans, but if he only add 2 ways per Chara you only need to play the game twice for all content (one love for all and one with all alternate ways). I think it is hardly possible for Lain to mix it because it would make no sense if both ways are played at the same time...and the savegames could become corrupted if both variables are in it..and if the save system has a single "Route: X or Y" Entry that only change the Variable it would be fully impossible without rewrithing the whole code. So no, i dont think Lain is going to mess with this...and personally i hope he dont even try it because it would break the flow in all storylines

Benji13

Jan 30, 2019
Dantee94
Why shouldn't it possible? It makes no difference if I put two routes in one run or two (character-)routes in one run. <-- Did you see what I did there? ;)

Virulenz
Himiko alone will have at least 6 routes. That's what the game sais. And there are only a few characters with different routes (at the moment. Maybe tat will change in the future). And don't know if you are aware of it, but this game is really huge ^^°
So playing it completely to see maybe 3% of differences if at all, would be a pain.
and if the save system has a single "Route: X or Y" Entry that only change the Variable
...that would be the best that could happen. In that case the mod just has to change this variable ;)

it would break the flow in all storylines
Why? If you only want to see one route, than just choose that route. That's why I asked to put in a way to choose the different routes just before a scene with different outcomes for each route. So there shoulden't a problem with that.

I just ask Maim Lain if it would possible if he could add this option. He (She?) don't has to, but I really would appreciate it :)

Dantee94

Dec 9, 2018
Dantee94
Why shouldn't it possible? It makes no difference if I put two routes in one run or two (character-)routes in one run. <-- Did you see what I did there? ;)
In early of the game is "easy "because the game don't have a lot of content/routes. But we don't know what will happen in the game and with routes. For example if you go love path with fuyu maybe in the future she will be pregnant and you will be a happy family and in the route you did some decisions for reach that, but if you go with dominant patch maybe in the future fuyu is your slave and you did diferents decisions for reach that. If you play in one run how is that posible that u can achieve 2 very diferents ends in the same story? and maybe the events of fuyu route will be very diferents in love or dominant path and that events maybe will not apear on the same dayon the same place, or will change if you do some other events with another characters.
My sugestion is that if you want to se the routes, you must do 2 saves, one you play normal, reading the story etc, the other skip all and only watch the events that will be diferent. Like Virulence says the story line will make no sense if you can follow the 2 routes.

Benji13

Jan 30, 2019
Dantee94
In 99,99% of all games with different routes your decisions change only here and there some dialogs or scenes. And it Ecchi Sensei it's the same: Until now only Fuyu events change when you decide differently for Fuyu. Other decisions are having mostly none or maybe small changes on Fuyu events.
So even if Fuyu will get pregnant in one route and in another not, then this will only change this particular scenes with Fuyu. The game would be way to complex if every decision (or only some) will change everything. That would be more realistic, but for a game almost impossible to make. Even big companies who promise that your desision will have big impacts are exaggerating massively. Otherwise it would mean, that there will be as many games in the game as combinations of decissions are present.

And like mentioned before: I think it is only one variable that defines on what route you are with a character. So in the mod you could switch this specific variable to 1 and play the scene, than go back to the first position and switch the variable to 2 and so on. That shouldn't be the biggest problem. Lain mostly tries to integrate the different routes in a way, that it matches the story and feels like it have to be this way. That would be difficult or impossible when the character is pregnatn oonly in one route. But I would prefer this over playing the whole game in skip mode again.

You can see it that way: It would be like you cut out the skipping and use the variables of a second playthough in the events which varies.

Dantee94

Dec 9, 2018
Dantee94
In 99,99% of all games with different routes your decisions change only here and there some dialogs or scenes. And it Ecchi Sensei it's the same: Until now only Fuyu events change when you decide differently for Fuyu. Other decisions are having mostly none or maybe small changes on Fuyu events.
So even if Fuyu will get pregnant in one route and in another not, then this will only change this particular scenes with Fuyu. The game would be way to complex if every decision (or only some) will change everything. That would be more realistic, but for a game almost impossible to make. Even big companies who promise that your desision will have big impacts are exaggerating massively. Otherwise it would mean, that there will be as many games in the game as combinations of decissions are present.

And like mentioned before: I think it is only one variable that defines on what route you are with a character. So in the mod you could switch this specific variable to 1 and play the scene, than go back to the first position and switch the variable to 2 and so on. That shouldn't be the biggest problem. Lain mostly tries to integrate the different routes in a way, that it matches the story and feels like it have to be this way. That would be difficult or impossible when the character is pregnatn oonly in one route. But I would prefer this over playing the whole game in skip mode again.

You can see it that way: It would be like you cut out the skipping and use the variables of a second playthough in the events which varies.
Of course if the decisions will have a little impact to the story then u can do the mod, but for what i played i think that Ecchi sensei will be big and complex. You must talk with Maim and Blue Cat for know if the mod will be posible because i don't have that information XD

Delirious17

Jun 20, 2018
Lain do you by chance have an ETA you might be able to give on your walkthrough landing here? They are a blessing for sure on all your others so can't wait for this one too :) I just might have to check out your Patreon soon ;)

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I'm so confused, I have no idea whether you are serious or not, I'm to tired I guess my brain stopped working hours ago.
Maybe some Monster will wake me up a good caffeine boost.
100_n1HHwsY.png

no5f3r4tu

May 5, 2017
I was wondering, if this game really existed, how could we load a savegame, since the menu does not exist?

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
Yes I just quickly tested it and there's no load, it's really short so it doesn't really matter that there is no load function but if you want just drop this file in the /game folder and it will give you quick load/save function F5 save & F9 to load, I have no idea why it would keep crashing for you though.
Brilliant - Thanks for your help :D

Just tried it, not sure it made any difference as I can't see any additional save files and F9 doesn't seem to do anything either?? :(

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Doubts as in... ?? Whether or not you should play it? If so that's a judgement call only you can make.
"To lewd the loli, or to not lewd the loli, that is the question."
-Shakespeare, probably

Still no update?
Been working on it every day. I still need to finish day 7 then the scene gallery screens then I'll be done.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
"To lewd the loli, or to not lewd the loli, that is the question."
-Shakespeare, probably
The loli should always be lewded, it would be a crime otherwise!
I think that's right, Or is it a crime to lewd the loli??
Been working on it every day. I still need to finish day 7 then the scene gallery screens then I'll be done.
You need to work quicker or the villagers will be getting the torches out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote