3.20 star(s) 23 Votes

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Alright first report about update: Time definitely needs to be sped up, takes too long to go from impregnation to birth for scouts. It's also not super clear when/how the pink ball charges recover for studs in the stable.
Yeah, it would be great if the timer was cut at least in half. To around 120.
It just takes forever. I deadass had the game running in the background for hours and only reached day 55, and didn't get a single time related achievement.

Reactions: Invader Incubus

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Yeah, it would be great if the timer was cut at least in half. To around 120.
It just takes forever. I deadass had the game running in the background for hours and only reached day 55, and didn't get a single time related achievement.
I consider this a vote for faster time. There are no achievements for time passing yet, though days passed is being tracked. Also I wonder if the achievement for time should be a WARP SPEED option.

Alright first report about update: Time definitely needs to be sped up, takes too long to go from impregnation to birth for scouts. It's also not super clear when/how the pink ball charges recover for studs in the stable.
I am hearing this from several people, I consider this a vote for doubling the speed of days. Which I will do right now. Done. Instead the game now registers 2 ticks passing instead of 1

The pink bips represent the studs sexual stamina, I think the max needs to be higher. Studs usually also recover 1 stamina each day. I think a tooltip will solve this confusion? I am changing the default MAX stamina from 3 -> 5, the stamina now (at spawn) from 2 -> 3, and the recovery of stamina per day from 1 -> 2. This will make the pink dots representing sexual stamina less relevant and oppressive, since they aren't super important right now. Obviously the system exists so some monsters will be sexual, uh, monsters, while others will be a little more demure. Later in the year, when we hit 50ish monsters I will definitely be doing a total monster rebalance.

Loads of stuff updates when a day passes. This will feel more natural when the sun is setting and rising, which I will implement later this month.

The update for this weekend has actually expanded to include a UI recolor, the ability to quickly open the inventory with "I" and then target party monsters using number keys, and the ability to see any genetic boons a monster has by quickly tabbing over them in the Stables without removing them and inspecting them. (These three things are done, did them the last few days). The UI looks SHOCKINGLY better in black and white, with little teal and purple accessories.

Last edited:

woofie

Dec 12, 2018
I consider this a vote for faster time. There are no achievements for time passing yet, though days passed is being tracked. Also I wonder if the achievement for time should be a WARP SPEED option.

I am hearing this from several people, I consider this a vote for doubling the speed of days. Which I will do right now. Done. Instead the game now registers 2 ticks passing instead of 1

The pink bips represent the studs sexual stamina, I think the max needs to be higher. Studs usually also recover 1 stamina each day. I think a tooltip will solve this confusion? I am changing the default MAX stamina from 3 -> 5, the stamina now (at spawn) from 2 -> 3, and the recovery of stamina per day from 1 -> 2. This will make the pink dots representing sexual stamina less relevant and oppressive, since they aren't super important right now. Obviously the system exists so some monsters will be sexual, uh, monsters, while others will be a little more demure. Later in the year, when we hit 50ish monsters I will definitely be doing a total monster rebalance.

Loads of stuff updates when a day passes. This will feel more natural when the sun is setting and rising, which I will implement later this month.

The update for this weekend has actually expanded to include a UI recolor, the ability to quickly open the inventory with "I" and then target party monsters using number keys, and the ability to see any genetic boons a monster has by quickly tabbing over them in the Stables without removing them and inspecting them. (These three things are done, did them the last few days). The UI looks SHOCKINGLY better in black and white, with little teal and purple accessories.
Checked it again, cerberus is still broken.
Where did you upload the fix?

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Checked it again, cerberus is still broken.
Where did you upload the fix?
New version is up on MEGA, MediaFire and Pixeldrain. I appreciate the feedback woofie, thanks for reminding me, otherwise we'd all be waiting for my next mid-month update.

CHANGELOG:
Based on player feedback I have doubled the passage of time.
I made the UI Black and White (with teal or purple bobbins) to better reflect the art direction of the scouts and their technology / gear. I was going to make the scout tech purple with teal accents (because I like those colors and they are proper villainous...) but it just doesn’t look good. The important part is that the UI is now 200% more appealing.
You can now see the genetic upgrades of monsters in the stables at a glance, be they offspring or studs. You still have to wait for each egg to hatch though.
You can quick-open the inventory with the “I” key. While the inventory is open you can use the number keys to quick-target your partied monsters in the respective 1/2/3/4/5/6 slot, making healing up much easier.
Fixed Cerberus X-animation, I hadn’t updated it to the finished version.

Last edited:

NonStopDisco

Jan 26, 2021
I've found some oddities with the update.
There is a path in the north west part of the forest that is blocked off by saplings. It has tall grass and a treasure stump on the other side.
Blocked_Path.png
There is also a spot next to the river were the scout model can barely get through. It doesn't stop you, but it feels super janky.
Tight_Fit.png
Other wise the new zone looks great, plenty of area to explore. I do feel it gets a little monotonous, but a little bit of color would fix it easy.
The in-game menu/popup screens, when in full screen, don't go all the way to the right.
Fullscreen_Window_gap.png
When in the stables, after selecting a stud for a scout, you need to move back a step before being able to do anything with the scout.
Genetics gets wiped when a mon. evolves.

Last edited:

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
I've found some oddities with the update.
There is a path in the north west part of the forest that is blocked off by saplings. It has tall grass and a treasure stump on the other side.
View attachment 3233712
There is also a spot next to the river were the scout model can barely get through. It doesn't stop you, but it feels super janky.
View attachment 3233715
Other wise the new zone looks great, plenty of area to explore. I do feel it gets a little monotonous, but a little bit of color would fix it easy.
The in-game menu/popup screens, when in full screen, don't go all the way to the right.
View attachment 3233726
When in the stables, after selecting a stud for a scout, you need to move back a step before being able to do anything with the scout.
I appreciate the feedback. Just fixed the blockage (so will be fixed next update), thought I caught them all, you can tell I scattered those trees en mass huh? ;) I think the new zone looks good, and needs color, ground clutter and ground doodads, but above all else, unique STUFF TO DO and see. I also think its too big. But people want CONTENT, and this world will be BIG, and spending time in a tile mapper is good fun.
Also weird, I am trying to allow the camera to fully full screen and this happens when you expand the window to full screen. I have fixed this for the stables for now.

Reactions: gruntlord?
May 16, 2022
Big fan of doubling the day speed as it makes it more dynamic and will enable the mass breeding better

Also yeah a tooltip explaining things like the stamina pips would go a long way for confusion because I thought it was tied to day passing, but I couldn't be sure due to the length of days and me not always catching if a day had passed or not since I had to change zones to see the clock again.

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Big fan of doubling the day speed as it makes it more dynamic and will enable the mass breeding better

Also yeah a tooltip explaining things like the stamina pips would go a long way for confusion because I thought it was tied to day passing, but I couldn't be sure due to the length of days and me not always catching if a day had passed or not since I had to change zones to see the clock again.
"T" to view clock. Which is explained in the controls blurb on the opening screen. ;)
It stays up for several seconds, or hit "T" again to shut it off.

CarrotLettuceEgg

Mar 10, 2020
Don't know if this bug has been reported yet, but i noticed swapping a mon's position in the roster when out of battle just flat out replaces the pokemon with the one you initiated the swap with. Only did it with Weebaweed so I don't know if it's just them or a general bug sadly.

• Thinking Face

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Don't know if this bug has been reported yet, but i noticed swapping a mon's position in the roster when out of battle just flat out replaces the pokemon with the one you initiated the swap with. Only did it with Weebaweed so I don't know if it's just them or a general bug sadly.
You gotta be on an old version mate, I can't reproduce this bug, and no one else is mentioning it.

Also: Fruits are done and in the game. The lighting system is finished and the simple Day / Night cycle is also finished. But I need to finish a new X anim because a chunky boi is coming in this next hot-update...
GrigGrongPromo.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mister Wake

Yalon

Mar 26, 2018
Thanks for the updates (and even making a free patreon tier, that's just nice as hell)!

You gotta be on an old version mate, I can't reproduce this bug, and no one else is mentioning it.
This happened to me in that when I tried to move a mon to the spot a released mon previously occupied. Such that the Serfpent (I think) was copied instead of moved over. This happened in the January version, too. I did try to reproduce it, but had no luck. I'

But I need to finish a new X anim because a chunky boi is coming in this next hot-update...
View attachment 3242759
Will that be the first Rock monster? Or another Normal to release alongside Norma?

Anyway, long wall of text incoming in regards to the capture/struggle RNG, feel free to skip this if you consider that mechanic a tentative element anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update. This type of game is totally my jam.

May 18, 2020
Thanks for the updates (and even making a free patreon tier, that's just nice as hell)!

This happened to me in that when I tried to move a mon to the spot a released mon previously occupied. Such that the Serfpent (I think) was copied instead of moved over. This happened in the January version, too. I did try to reproduce it, but had no luck. I'

Will that be the first Rock monster? Or another Normal to release alongside Norma?

Anyway, long wall of text incoming in regards to the capture/struggle RNG, feel free to skip this if you consider that mechanic a tentative element anyway.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update. This type of game is totally my jam.
Honestly I dig the suggestions here, you raised some good points! Interestingly I had almost the same issue with my own Beezee encounter, except I got to the last two in the roster, and one was another beezee, and I had only one turn to struggle out, so I ended up taking a loss, but I figured if the second to last one was a Beezee, there was a good chance the last one was too, and I was not getting out of that matchup without a lost scout honestly. I feel like Beezee may need a tweak to be five turns instead of four personally, but that's just my opinion, and I'm not too set on it either. Regardless, good comment, hope the status page and glossary get introduced at some point because I love the idea of both of em!

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023

This will be the first rock monster.
1: Thank you for applying your brain to the grab / offer mechanic. You can see what I intend, but I would totally agree that the whole thing needs fleshing out. Contraceptives will be huge here since they can allow the scout to store a couple "safe" grapples. I broadly agree that struggling exhausting turns on the grab is too punishing. It's too punishing because you are already choosing to lose your move. I am going to remove the countdown penalty from a failed struggle as a result of this feedback (DONE for next update). I am also going to copy paste your comment into my suggestion box.

Here's wot I think: Struggle should be a more active part of the game that is included in strategy. I agree that if the optimal strat is disincluding it from occurring then that feelsbadman. I think your suggestions are good but ALSO that failing the countdown timer shouldn't lead to a game over at all, ever. Instead maybe a scout just starts getting loaded up with cum, (In all cases losing the fight still gets her mindbroken and mounted and impregnated) and then, assuming the fight is WON, has to deal with the possibility of getting impregnated when a new day starts. This also gives players the chance to burn through contraceptive resources like pills or herbs.
The only flaws in your suggestions comes from a mechanic you had no idea I was intending to include in the future: contraceptives. Which will give the players options to store safe struggle a few times.

2: Absolutely. The keywords mechanic needs a dex and right now theres only a few keywords with real effects (I think the Unlocks page will tab between achievements and keywords). I think having Aithons keyword EQUINE makes you a bit faster on overworld, and a couple others. The keywords will be so strong that they will make a diverse party feel even more mandatory than simply winning the rock-paper-scissors of element damage. Also agree on the scout dex, which will be in "Journals". Also monsters SHOULD be element bred when bred to from the appropriate scout, is this not working? I will check.

Honestly I dig the suggestions here, you raised some good points! Interestingly I had almost the same issue with my own Beezee encounter, except I got to the last two in the roster, and one was another beezee, and I had only one turn to struggle out, so I ended up taking a loss, but I figured if the second to last one was a Beezee, there was a good chance the last one was too, and I was not getting out of that matchup without a lost scout honestly. I feel like Beezee may need a tweak to be five turns instead of four personally, but that's just my opinion, and I'm not too set on it either. Regardless, good comment, hope the status page and glossary get introduced at some point because I love the idea of both of em!
Holy shit Beezee's virility was WAY to high, it should have been zero since she's a Bug with Ovipositor. Like AIthon needed initially, she's getting a hot nerf.

MovesOldNewPromo.gif
Did a repass on all the move animations to bring them in line with fireball.
Also I found a bug related tot he player party switching that might be what people are seeing. I switched into a monster in combat that I had stabled.

Reactions: NonStopDisco

Yalon

Mar 26, 2018
Thank you for applying your brain to the grab / offer mechanic.
Eh, I try. A resource based solution in form of contraceptives works for me, it's more in line with how the rest of the game is also resource based (limited number of items, scouts etc.) so I can see the angle. And just keeping the ovipositor monsters in line with lower virility should take care of these kind of situations too. Thanks for the quick reply, always nice to see a dev being on top of things.

3.20 star(s) 23 Votes